HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who will play in Hamilton if there's a lockout?

Closed Thread

Old
09-14-2004, 11:23 AM
PEI Hockey Factor

vCash: 500
Who will play in Hamilton if there's a lockout?

I was wondering what players from the Rookie tournament will be able to make Hamilton if there is a lockout this season. Also, who will the Habs send down that played some with the big club last year? Will they only send guys with 2-way contracts or will they try to clear some guys through waivers?

I'm basically trying to figure out how many roster spots will be available with the Bulldogs.

Old
09-14-2004, 11:37 AM
saskhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI Hockey Factor
I was wondering what players from the Rookie tournament will be able to make Hamilton if there is a lockout this season. Also, who will the Habs send down that played some with the big club last year? Will they only send guys with 2-way contracts or will they try to clear some guys through waivers?

I'm basically trying to figure out how many roster spots will be available with the Bulldogs.
It wouldn't make sense to send guys with one-way contracts to the Bulldogs, so I think both Dykhuis and Hainsey (whose new contract was one way) won't be sent down there... No need for additional expenses when you have no major revenues flowing in. Ryder isn't signed, so he wouldn't go. Hossa has a one way deal, so he'd go. I don't think waivers would apply anymore during a lockout, since there is no CBA in place (and waivers are part of a CBA), just contracts. Komisarek would go to Hamilton as well. After that, do we have any two-way contracts amongst NHL regulars?

Old
09-14-2004, 05:19 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskhab
It wouldn't make sense to send guys with one-way contracts to the Bulldogs, so I think both Dykhuis and Hainsey (whose new contract was one way) won't be sent down there... No need for additional expenses when you have no major revenues flowing in. Ryder isn't signed, so he wouldn't go. Hossa has a one way deal, so he'd go. I don't think waivers would apply anymore during a lockout, since there is no CBA in place (and waivers are part of a CBA), just contracts. Komisarek would go to Hamilton as well. After that, do we have any two-way contracts amongst NHL regulars?

There is waivers during the lockout, and the players have to pass through waivers by tomorrow. Komisarek will be in Hamilton, that's it from the NHL team unless we send Dykhuis down. Hainsey I don't think they will risk losing to waivers. Hossa I'm not sure. Beauchemin I would think would pass through waivers don't know if they would risk it, but he'll be needed in Hamilton and a Beauchemin-Komisarek duo was solid this past season.

Don't know what they will do with Gavin Morgan, Ivanas, Dusablon.

As for guys at the rookie camp, Danis, Archer, Milroy, Ferland and Kostitsyn will be on the team. (I would be surprised to see Kosty in the WHL) Lambert, Urquhart I would expect to be on the team, Locke as well. Don't know if they will sign Flood or not, as he can play in Hamilton. Don't know what they will do with Michaud, I'm guessing ECHL same for Larrivee and maybe Shasby or Thinel if they don't make the team.

Closed Thread