HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2004-2005 Flyers Junior and European Prospect Update Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2005, 09:15 PM
Habdominal

vCash: 500
Don't wan't to be a pain... but according to WHL site the numbers are Slightly diffenrent... but a great performance nevertheless

http://www.whl.ca/stats/game-summary...ame_id=1000981

http://www.whl.ca/stats/player.php?id=23603

Old
03-31-2005, 09:21 PM
flip588

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabexx
Don't wan't to be a pain... but according to WHL site the numbers are Slightly diffenrent... but a great performance nevertheless

http://www.whl.ca/stats/game-summary...ame_id=1000981

http://www.whl.ca/stats/player.php?id=23603
No problem, I read 27 saves in the paper but check again this morning on the WHL site looking to change my post if I was wrong, but it hadn't been changed. I see it has now. Only looks better on Rejean.

Old
03-31-2005, 09:24 PM
Habdominal

Yep absolutly... anyway the important point like you mentioned is that the KId played like a Winer in there and is probably one of the main.... If not THE MAIN reason why the Raiders Won this serie (and the 4 games is pretty impressive)

Old
04-01-2005, 11:38 AM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Does anyone have an idea of how Gino did against Robin Big Snake? I wasn't lucky enough to be able to get a feed for the game.

Old
04-01-2005, 11:42 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
Does anyone have an idea of how Gino did against Robin Big Snake? I wasn't lucky enough to be able to get a feed for the game.
All I've heard is that it was a long, long fight that ended in a draw. www.ohltoughguys.com will more than likely have a clip up later today or tomorrow. If I find a link, I'll post it.

Old
04-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Dizzy

The Soo lost 4-3 last night in OT, thankfully missing the chance to sweep Windsor. Carter had an assist. Game 5 is Saturday night in the Soo.

Old
04-01-2005, 01:11 PM
naihlflames

Owen Sound & Plymouth

Well, I had promised a brief report on the game and what a great time my Son and I had. Our seats were literally in the front row behind the Owen Sound bench with just the plexiglass seperating us. We are big Ruzicka fans and had to be the only two cheering for Owen Sound for several sections over (although there was a nice large and loud Owen Sound fan base from the end zone).

Ruzicka: This was my 3'rd time seeing him and I was very impressed. The game was a 7-2 Owen Sound blowout and Ruzicka "only had" 1 g and 1a, but his contribution was so much more. Owen sound dominated whenever either the Richardson/Ryan or the Jarrett/Ruzicka line was on the ice. I always knew about Stefan's offensive play, but his two way play really impressed me. He was actually often the first forward back to help on D and when he was not, was always hustling to get back and cause havoc. He took two penalties. The first one was called for tripping as he came back and broke up an odd man rush. It was a "good penalty" in my eye. The other was a coincidental minor when a Plymouth player slashed him and he went off with him for roughing in reponse. The Owen Sound pp was a big part of the game as they went 3/10 on the pp, while Plymouth was only 1/4. The Plymouth crowd was let the ref know about their displeasure with it, but it was Owen Sound and in particular Ruzicka carrying the play that forced the penalties. I don't know how many of the penalty calls Ruzicka was on the ice for, but it seemed like at 50-70% of the calls. He was strong on the puck and Plymouth really had no way to combat it. He definitly contributed much more than a goal and an assist to the game. He is a large part of his center Jarrett having 4g and 3a in 4 games. Also sitting just behind the bench, it was neat to see how well Jarrett and Ruzicka blend. Every time when they came off the ice, they would stand/sit next to each other and you could see them chatting about the game (in a good way). If Owen Sound can keep those two lines clicking and get good goaltending, London will have thier hands full.

Pisselini: I never really liked him too much before and the other 4 Whaler games I saw this year he just seemed like a goon, including some ugly/unnecessary stickwork on Kyle Quincey. Tonight was different, he earned my respect. Coming into tonight Plymouth was down 3 games to 0 and Owen Sound dominated early. At 7:36 of the first, Big Snake scored to make game 4, 2-0 Owen Sound and I think the shots at the time were something like 7-0 and it could have been worse. Right from the center ice face off following the goal, Gino challenged Big Snake and they went at it toe to toe at center ice. It was a good classic fight and both players held their own. Neither really dominated. The fight got the crowd and Whaler bench into the game and it was a different first period after that. (Sitting behind the bench it was funny to see all the Attack players standing giving Big Snake support, but Bobby Ryan had a stick problem and was calmly retaping his stick). Gino assisted on the 1'st Whaler goal on a pp to make it a game at 2-1, but Owen Sound quickly anwered to make it 3-1 afer 1. Plymouth got the first goal of the 2'nd to get it to 3-2 and really get the crowd into it, but after that it was all Owen Sound. I do give Gino alot of credit for getting his team and crowd back into the game against an over matched opponent (Owen Sound, not Big Snake).

Old
04-01-2005, 04:38 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by naihlflames
Well, I had promised a brief report on the game and what a great time my Son and I had. Our seats were literally in the front row behind the Owen Sound bench with just the plexiglass seperating us. We are big Ruzicka fans and had to be the only two cheering for Owen Sound for several sections over (although there was a nice large and loud Owen Sound fan base from the end zone).

Ruzicka: This was my 3'rd time seeing him and I was very impressed. The game was a 7-2 Owen Sound blowout and Ruzicka "only had" 1 g and 1a, but his contribution was so much more. Owen sound dominated whenever either the Richardson/Ryan or the Jarrett/Ruzicka line was on the ice. I always knew about Stefan's offensive play, but his two way play really impressed me. He was actually often the first forward back to help on D and when he was not, was always hustling to get back and cause havoc. He took two penalties. The first one was called for tripping as he came back and broke up an odd man rush. It was a "good penalty" in my eye. The other was a coincidental minor when a Plymouth player slashed him and he went off with him for roughing in reponse. The Owen Sound pp was a big part of the game as they went 3/10 on the pp, while Plymouth was only 1/4. The Plymouth crowd was let the ref know about their displeasure with it, but it was Owen Sound and in particular Ruzicka carrying the play that forced the penalties. I don't know how many of the penalty calls Ruzicka was on the ice for, but it seemed like at 50-70% of the calls. He was strong on the puck and Plymouth really had no way to combat it. He definitly contributed much more than a goal and an assist to the game. He is a large part of his center Jarrett having 4g and 3a in 4 games. Also sitting just behind the bench, it was neat to see how well Jarrett and Ruzicka blend. Every time when they came off the ice, they would stand/sit next to each other and you could see them chatting about the game (in a good way). If Owen Sound can keep those two lines clicking and get good goaltending, London will have thier hands full.

Pisselini: I never really liked him too much before and the other 4 Whaler games I saw this year he just seemed like a goon, including some ugly/unnecessary stickwork on Kyle Quincey. Tonight was different, he earned my respect. Coming into tonight Plymouth was down 3 games to 0 and Owen Sound dominated early. At 7:36 of the first, Big Snake scored to make game 4, 2-0 Owen Sound and I think the shots at the time were something like 7-0 and it could have been worse. Right from the center ice face off following the goal, Gino challenged Big Snake and they went at it toe to toe at center ice. It was a good classic fight and both players held their own. Neither really dominated. The fight got the crowd and Whaler bench into the game and it was a different first period after that. (Sitting behind the bench it was funny to see all the Attack players standing giving Big Snake support, but Bobby Ryan had a stick problem and was calmly retaping his stick). Gino assisted on the 1'st Whaler goal on a pp to make it a game at 2-1, but Owen Sound quickly anwered to make it 3-1 afer 1. Plymouth got the first goal of the 2'nd to get it to 3-2 and really get the crowd into it, but after that it was all Owen Sound. I do give Gino alot of credit for getting his team and crowd back into the game against an over matched opponent (Owen Sound, not Big Snake).

That was nice of you to come over and show us the pics!

Old
04-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by naihlflames

Thanks for the insight on how both of our boys played last night. I'm especially glad to hear how motivated Stefan's been throughout the series. Most of the season he's been flat but during this series there's only been good things said about him. Good job.

Old
04-01-2005, 05:08 PM
FearTheFlyers

Panasonic Youth is bang on. Rosie was the best player on the ice this series.

Old
04-01-2005, 11:25 PM
naihlflames

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
That was nice of you to come over and show us the pics!
Thanks, it was a great game. If anyone wants a few pics e-mailed (not great quality - shot with a TREO pda), send me a "private message" with your e-mail and I'll send some out.

Old
04-01-2005, 11:28 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Richards had a goal and an assist tonight in Kitchener's 5-2 win over Erie... game 6 is tomorrow night in Erie.

Old
04-01-2005, 11:28 PM
naihlflames

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
Panasonic Youth is bang on. Rosie was the best player on the ice this series.

You were at the game too. Was it just me or did it seem like most of the time Plymouth took a penalty, Ruzicka was on the ice for Owen Sound?

Old
04-02-2005, 11:30 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Carter: 2g, 1a earned him first star tonight.
Richards: 1a, +1 earned Mike second star tonight.

Old
04-03-2005, 01:05 AM
paxtang

Scurko had a goal and was second star as his team won to move on to the next round.

Vancouver was eliminated, so Triston Grant's junior career is now over. Don't know what the Flyers plan for him this year, but I definetly expect him to be on the Phantoms next year and form a formidable trio with Cote and Gratton. IMO Grant is a superior fighter than both.

Old
04-03-2005, 03:22 AM
blah

Quote:
Carter: 2g, 1a earned him first star tonight.
Richards: 1a, +1 earned Mike second star tonight.
Don't follow juniors. Is Richards team done yet?

Old
04-03-2005, 03:31 AM
Roger's Pancreas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
Don't follow juniors. Is Richards team done yet?
Here's how the playoffs are looking so far.

London and Owen Sound both swept their series. Kitchener came back with four in a row to take Erie in six, while St. Marie holds a three to two lead over Windsor. I think the unanimous decision for the round two brackets are...London vs St. Marie, Owen Sound vs Kitchener.

Old
04-03-2005, 09:04 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
I think the unanimous decision for the round two brackets are...London vs St. Marie, Owen Sound vs Kitchener.
Although the Soo had less points that Owen Sound & Kitchener they'll be the #2 seed as the division winner.

London vs. Kitchener

Soo vs. Owen Sound

Old
04-03-2005, 12:56 PM
blah

Thanks.

Old
04-03-2005, 06:03 PM
Hordichuk_24

Grant played his heart out. He was quite upset last night crying for a long time in the locker room. He wears his heart on his sleeve. I really hope the Flyers let him finish off the year with the Phantoms. That is just what he needs.

You guys will fall in love with him. Plays the prototypical Philadelphia Flyers style hockey.

Grant only scored one goal in 6 games this playoffs, but he was a huge force out there physically. Logged some real good minutes on the PK and PP as well.

I bet you the Rockets are glad they moved on because were they taking some serious shots from him. He probably knocked every Kelowna player on their ass several times this series. Great hitter.

Good luck Triston!

Old
04-03-2005, 11:41 PM
Dizzy

And the Soo lose again tonight, 4-3, so Windsor has now tied the series 3-3 after being down 3-0. Carter let the Spits get to him, taking two penalties for unsportsmanlike conduct. Game 7 is Tuesday night in the Soo.

Old
04-04-2005, 02:06 AM
IcemanTBI

Supposing the Soo gets eliminated, would Jeff Carter be eligible to play on the Phantoms? He may be able to help them in the playoffs.

Old
04-04-2005, 04:37 AM
blah

Yeah I believe so. That's why I'm kind of rooting against their junior teams.

Old
04-04-2005, 08:11 AM
FearTheFlyers

Carter's team play game 7 on Tuesday.

Old
04-04-2005, 08:12 PM
IcemanTBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
Yeah I believe so. That's why I'm kind of rooting against their junior teams.
Well, that's good news. He will make a strong phantoms team even stronger. I believe they have a good chance to win the Calder this year.

Closed Thread