HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Russians in the NHL 11-12

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-20-2011, 05:14 AM
  #1
Paxton Fettel
Registered User
 
Paxton Fettel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,180
vCash: 500
Russians in the NHL 11-12

Okay so the top Russian player is tied for 60th in scoring. My question is : what is going on?

Paxton Fettel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 10:32 AM
  #2
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,817
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
21 players so far have played a game in the NHL from Russia.

Ovechkin - Seriously lost his swagger. Shooting is way down and when he does, just goes wide. Predictable and looks easier to stop. Ovechkin post-olympics has just not been the same. He was the undisputed best player in the world going in, since he looks very medicore compared to what you expect. Hard to really understand the problem but perhaps life-style, age (yes his peak years are behind him), coaching system/team is part of the problem but still doesn't make much sense.

Malkin - I also think we'll likely never see the Malkin of old on a consistent basis. Consistency is an issue. Odd game can look like old-self, but seems to be a confidence thing with him. He is coming back off a serious injury though, and perhaps needs time. I expect him to be finish in the 80-90 point mark. He's lower in the stats because he has less games

Kulikov - Great year, one of the best young D in the league

Datsyuk - I actually don't know whats up here. Zetterberg has started really slow too. I mean i don't expect him to hit 97 again, but i expect he'll pick it up and be PPG player by the end. Datsyuk will be fine.

Gonchar - Good stats actually, he's very very very medicore in his own zone. He isn't a high end player anymore

Burmistrov - Good start to the year, i expect 50 points or so. Really promising, he's only 20 and he is on his way to becoming an excellent NHL player IMO.

Kovalchuk - Don't expect Kovy to hit the numbers he did 4-5 years ago. Different system, evolving as a player into two way monster. I think he's developing into what Hossa is, a brilliant two way forward who hits 70-85 a year. Injury has slowed him down, but i expect roughly PPG. Simply though, his role is changing in the NHL as he gets older IMO

Anisimov - Not seen him this year. All his numbers came in 2/3 games.

Semin - Worthless player. Utterly worthless. Atleast this year. Takes crazy amount of penalties, creativity is gone, just does nothing. Toe drag and shot that misses or doesnt get through. I think he's done as an NHL player IMO soon. Undisciplined and ineffective most of the time. Amazing talent but just pointless half the time. Seriously think his NHL time is soon done.

Kulemin - Not seem him, but disappointing start. Not going to be world class offensive producer ever IMO, but i expect him to pick it up and be a 50-60 great two way player. Wouldn't worry

Tyutin - Solid NHL Dman on horrendous team.

Voynov - Could be really good NHL player. Hopefully he can stick in the NHL at some point, one of the most promising young Russian D after Kulikov

Nikitin - Not seen him play

Dadonov - Poor in AHL, better in NHL. As panther fan i think he can become good NHL player, but it must be now, as the system has many many good prospects coming and i imagine Dadonov will be done with the AHL after this year. He'll be an NHL regular or in the KHL by next year

Grachev - Apparently playing quite well with Blues. Getting limited minutes though. I think he's progressing well, but he won't be NHL star. Always overhyped.

Volchenkov - He is what he is

Mayarov - Not seen him, but he won't amount to much IMO

Filatov - I think he's close to being an NHL bust.

Loktionov - very promising. Kings are stacked at C which is the issue as he isn't a natural winger. High level AHL player, who could be mini mini Datsyuk one day. Very promising, but will need time.

Zharkov - Will be NHL role player, great energy and hustle, but not blessed with too many offensive abilities.

Emelin - Not sene him, don't know.

Basically, 21 players is a very small number. What do you expect exactly? Kovalchuk is evolving into a different player as he gets older and has been injured, he will improve. Ovechkin/Malkin are past their offensive peaks IMO, and won't hit 100 points reguarly again. Ovechkin isn't the player he used to be. Difficult to understand why, but he isn't special anymore. Some nice young players like Burmistrov, Anisimov and Kulemin but they are either too young and small or not talented enough to be producing big numbers. In time Burmistrov/Loktionov could be big number players. Semin is worthless. Datsyuk is getting older, and statistically at his age, he shouldn't be improving in that area.

Basically, the big guys of the last 4-5 years are getting older, developing into way players which inhibits offensive stats. Injuries have also been an issue.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 05:52 PM
  #3
afrobomber11
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Flin Flon Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Basically, 21 players is a very small number. What do you expect exactly? Kovalchuk is evolving into a different player as he gets older and has been injured, he will improve. Ovechkin/Malkin are past their offensive peaks IMO, and won't hit 100 points reguarly again. Ovechkin isn't the player he used to be. Difficult to understand why, but he isn't special anymore. Some nice young players like Burmistrov, Anisimov and Kulemin but they are either too young and small or not talented enough to be producing big numbers. In time Burmistrov/Loktionov could be big number players. Semin is worthless. Datsyuk is getting older, and statistically at his age, he shouldn't be improving in that area.

Basically, the big guys of the last 4-5 years are getting older, developing into way players which inhibits offensive stats. Injuries have also been an issue.


you have no clue what your talkin about

common knowledge is that players primes are from the ages 27-32, approx.

ovi and malkin are just coming into that, your out to lunch thinking a poor first quarter is the end of their respective careers, maybe datsyuk isnt an 100 point threat but hes still the most dangerous player with the puck on his stick

get an education, thank you and good night, schools out

afrobomber11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 07:36 PM
  #4
Fulcrum
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrobomber11 View Post


you have no clue what your talkin about

common knowledge is that players primes are from the ages 27-32, approx.

ovi and malkin are just coming into that, your out to lunch thinking a poor first quarter is the end of their respective careers, maybe datsyuk isnt an 100 point threat but hes still the most dangerous player with the puck on his stick

get an education, thank you and good night, schools out
Absolutely, actually I would go as far to say that peak can last as far as 35 for SUPER stars (which Ovi still is). Everyone can have down years. The irony is that all of the Russian players slumped at exactly the same time for different reasons.

For those who actually watch games, Ovi still has his speed, shot, desire. Ovi is now where Kovy was when he was scoring 50+ goals.. Sometimes things just don't go the right way.

Anyway, this isn't Football where the peak age is earlier. Fedorov was a solid player in NHL and NT at 35+.

Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 12:21 AM
  #5
pouskin74*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Swansea, UK
Posts: 4,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
21 players so far have played a game in the NHL from Russia.

Ovechkin - Seriously lost his swagger. Shooting is way down and when he does, just goes wide. Predictable and looks easier to stop. Ovechkin post-olympics has just not been the same. He was the undisputed best player in the world going in, since he looks very medicore compared to what you expect. Hard to really understand the problem but perhaps life-style, age (yes his peak years are behind him), coaching system/team is part of the problem but still doesn't make much sense.

Malkin - I also think we'll likely never see the Malkin of old on a consistent basis. Consistency is an issue. Odd game can look like old-self, but seems to be a confidence thing with him. He is coming back off a serious injury though, and perhaps needs time. I expect him to be finish in the 80-90 point mark. He's lower in the stats because he has less games

Kulikov - Great year, one of the best young D in the league

Datsyuk - I actually don't know whats up here. Zetterberg has started really slow too. I mean i don't expect him to hit 97 again, but i expect he'll pick it up and be PPG player by the end. Datsyuk will be fine.

Gonchar - Good stats actually, he's very very very medicore in his own zone. He isn't a high end player anymore

Burmistrov - Good start to the year, i expect 50 points or so. Really promising, he's only 20 and he is on his way to becoming an excellent NHL player IMO.

Kovalchuk - Don't expect Kovy to hit the numbers he did 4-5 years ago. Different system, evolving as a player into two way monster. I think he's developing into what Hossa is, a brilliant two way forward who hits 70-85 a year. Injury has slowed him down, but i expect roughly PPG. Simply though, his role is changing in the NHL as he gets older IMO

Anisimov - Not seen him this year. All his numbers came in 2/3 games.

Semin - Worthless player. Utterly worthless. Atleast this year. Takes crazy amount of penalties, creativity is gone, just does nothing. Toe drag and shot that misses or doesnt get through. I think he's done as an NHL player IMO soon. Undisciplined and ineffective most of the time. Amazing talent but just pointless half the time. Seriously think his NHL time is soon done.

Kulemin - Not seem him, but disappointing start. Not going to be world class offensive producer ever IMO, but i expect him to pick it up and be a 50-60 great two way player. Wouldn't worry

Tyutin - Solid NHL Dman on horrendous team.

Voynov - Could be really good NHL player. Hopefully he can stick in the NHL at some point, one of the most promising young Russian D after Kulikov

Nikitin - Not seen him play

Dadonov - Poor in AHL, better in NHL. As panther fan i think he can become good NHL player, but it must be now, as the system has many many good prospects coming and i imagine Dadonov will be done with the AHL after this year. He'll be an NHL regular or in the KHL by next year

Grachev - Apparently playing quite well with Blues. Getting limited minutes though. I think he's progressing well, but he won't be NHL star. Always overhyped.

Volchenkov - He is what he is

Mayarov - Not seen him, but he won't amount to much IMO

Filatov - I think he's close to being an NHL bust.

Loktionov - very promising. Kings are stacked at C which is the issue as he isn't a natural winger. High level AHL player, who could be mini mini Datsyuk one day. Very promising, but will need time.

Zharkov - Will be NHL role player, great energy and hustle, but not blessed with too many offensive abilities.

Emelin - Not sene him, don't know.

Basically, 21 players is a very small number. What do you expect exactly? Kovalchuk is evolving into a different player as he gets older and has been injured, he will improve. Ovechkin/Malkin are past their offensive peaks IMO, and won't hit 100 points reguarly again. Ovechkin isn't the player he used to be. Difficult to understand why, but he isn't special anymore. Some nice young players like Burmistrov, Anisimov and Kulemin but they are either too young and small or not talented enough to be producing big numbers. In time Burmistrov/Loktionov could be big number players. Semin is worthless. Datsyuk is getting older, and statistically at his age, he shouldn't be improving in that area.

Basically, the big guys of the last 4-5 years are getting older, developing into way players which inhibits offensive stats. Injuries have also been an issue.
you have been so amusing lately.

pouskin74* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 03:33 AM
  #6
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,817
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrobomber11 View Post


you have no clue what your talkin about

common knowledge is that players primes are from the ages 27-32, approx.

ovi and malkin are just coming into that, your out to lunch thinking a poor first quarter is the end of their respective careers, maybe datsyuk isnt an 100 point threat but hes still the most dangerous player with the puck on his stick

get an education, thank you and good night, schools out
Peak offensive data suggests is around 21-26. This is pretty accurate and the idea that people peak Offensively at age 32/33 is an inaccurate.

Ovi and Malkin are leaving their offensive total peaks. How anyone can muster up a real argument to debunk this seems odd, when the historical data shows that the ages of 21-26 are the most productive statistically, and that both players are seeing significant decreases in their offensive numbers.

You don't need to be a ******* wizard to get this.

Datsyuk has never scored 100, so why would he now? As i said, he's going to score between 70-90.

It's humerous. A question is posted, and instead of actually trying to understand it and answer it, clearly people just think "It's an anomoly, OVI AND MALKIN ARE SICK!!!!". News flash, you have 21 skaters in the NHL and most of your top players are 2/3 years removed from their big years.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 11:14 AM
  #7
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,363
vCash: 500
Yakushev72

J17 is well known to Russian posters as a fanatically anti-Russian troll from jolly old England (pip pip, Cheeri-o and all that rot), that great bastion of Shakespeare and hockey expertise. He is Swede-o-phile who has a teenage fantasy love affair with the entire Swedish U20 hockey team. This latest angle is conjured up to once again try to provoke Russian fans and get a stream full of invective going. Arguing with him is a waste of time, because the more you argue, the more sexual satisfaction he gets from it (you have to wonder if this is his the only way he "gets some"). The best advice is "don't feed the monkeys."

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 12:42 PM
  #8
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,817
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
J17 is well known to Russian posters as a fanatically anti-Russian troll from jolly old England (pip pip, Cheeri-o and all that rot), that great bastion of Shakespeare and hockey expertise. He is Swede-o-phile who has a teenage fantasy love affair with the entire Swedish U20 hockey team. This latest angle is conjured up to once again try to provoke Russian fans and get a stream full of invective going. Arguing with him is a waste of time, because the more you argue, the more sexual satisfaction he gets from it (you have to wonder if this is his the only way he "gets some"). The best advice is "don't feed the monkeys."
This post unfortunately sums up many of the poor attitudes of the posters on this sub-section and unfortunately makes the original question slightly redundant. If you aren't going to bother responding to the question at hand, but rather descend on a rather poor tirade against a posters character then what hope is there of getting a realistic honest answer. If you're going to mock somebody by the way, at least do it in away that is actually a burn.

Latest angle? Yes, im the one who asked the original question. Im the one who is also responsible for the many struggles of the Russian NHL players at the moment. Unfortunately i was born many years too late to be framed for the events of the early 1904's, otherwise im sure you'd attempt to pin that on me too. Unfortunately im not particularly manly, so growing a moustache is difficult.

Ovechkin, Malkin, Kovalchuk, Semin and Datsyuk ; all your big forwards, have had declines in production statistically in the last 2-3 years and have all had slow starts. Is it my fault

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 01:48 PM
  #9
Fulcrum
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
J17 is well known to Russian posters as a fanatically anti-Russian troll from jolly old England (pip pip, Cheeri-o and all that rot), that great bastion of Shakespeare and hockey expertise. He is Swede-o-phile who has a teenage fantasy love affair with the entire Swedish U20 hockey team. This latest angle is conjured up to once again try to provoke Russian fans and get a stream full of invective going. Arguing with him is a waste of time, because the more you argue, the more sexual satisfaction he gets from it (you have to wonder if this is his the only way he "gets some"). The best advice is "don't feed the monkeys."
That's the impression I got as well.. wth is J17 vs Proclamation anyway..

Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 03:31 PM
  #10
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
That's the impression I got as well.. wth is J17 vs Proclamation anyway..
Knowing his past history, I think its safe to say that he is just trying to bait Russian fans into taking a defensive position over scoring in the NHL just to provoke us. I'm not an NHL fan, so I could care less whether Russian NHL'ers are scoring or not, but even if you did, we still haven't finished the second month of the NHL season, so you can't make any definitive conclusions. He just wants to vent his disdain for Russia and Russian hockey players. Let him talk to himself until this ridiculous thread dies out.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 03:02 AM
  #11
stv11
Global Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 1,810
vCash: 500
Everyone please tone it down, you can argue without name calling.

stv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 11:47 AM
  #12
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,817
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
Knowing his past history, I think its safe to say that he is just trying to bait Russian fans into taking a defensive position over scoring in the NHL just to provoke us. I'm not an NHL fan, so I could care less whether Russian NHL'ers are scoring or not, but even if you did, we still haven't finished the second month of the NHL season, so you can't make any definitive conclusions. He just wants to vent his disdain for Russia and Russian hockey players. Let him talk to himself until this ridiculous thread dies out.
Definitive conclusions? Many of the trends in the production of current Russian NHL players have been happening for 2 years +. Obviously Ovechkin and Malkin will still finish at PPG pace and be well up there in the scoring charts, nobody is suggesting they won't be, but realistically they aren't going to come close to their best seasons (and haven't been for awhile).


Last edited by stv11: 11-22-2011 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Remove insult
J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:43 PM
  #13
dan1el
Registered User
 
dan1el's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrobomber11 View Post


you have no clue what your talkin about

common knowledge is that players primes are from the ages 27-32, approx.

ovi and malkin are just coming into that, your out to lunch thinking a poor first quarter is the end of their respective careers, maybe datsyuk isnt an 100 point threat but hes still the most dangerous player with the puck on his stick

get an education, thank you and good night, schools out
Are you serious?
Common knowledge is that players peak at 23-27.

Gretzky got his four two hundred point seasons at 21, 23, 24, 25.
Lemieux scored 199 at age 23, and got 160 in only 60 games at age 27.
Orr notched 139 at 22.


Actually look into things before insulting people like this, because it makes you look worse.

dan1el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 03:46 AM
  #14
pouskin74*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Swansea, UK
Posts: 4,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1el View Post
Are you serious?
Common knowledge is that players peak at 23-27.

Gretzky got his four two hundred point seasons at 21, 23, 24, 25.
Lemieux scored 199 at age 23, and got 160 in only 60 games at age 27.
Orr notched 139 at 22.


Actually look into things before insulting people like this, because it makes you look worse.
Stats are not best ways to estimate players peak. Lets take Jaromir Jagr as example. He scored 149 points in season 95/96(12 players with more than 100 points and 22 players with more than 90 points!!!) at age 23. Pittsburg has great first line back then with Jagr-Mario-Francis( they all ended with more than 120 points and i think Mario Lemieux was best on the best these years when they won 2 stanley cups in row) and average PPG was much higher back then than in the end of 90-s and in early 21 century. I think his personal best season was actually season 00/01 at age 29 when he scores 121 points ( only he and Sakic scored more than 100 points). I think Joe Sakic has his personal best season( not by points, he had a couple of points more in early 90-s) in that season either. BTW Messier,Howe,Cilmour,Esposito,Sedin brothers and so on made their best seasons when they were older than 27.

pouskin74* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 12:22 PM
  #15
FabricDetails
Registered User
 
FabricDetails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,021
vCash: 500
What might the 2012 Russian World Championship roster look like?

FabricDetails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 03:03 PM
  #16
MaxV
Registered User
 
MaxV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York, NY
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabricDetails View Post
What might the 2012 Russian World Championship roster look like?
Hard to guess now, but I'll give it a try:

Kovalchuk - Shipachyov - Radulov
Tarasenko - Kaigorodov - Kuznetsov
Shirokov - Burmistrov - Kulemin
Tikhonov - Tereschenko - Zherdev

Volchenkov - Kulikov
Tyutin - Nikitin
Nikulin - Voynov
Kalinin - Denisov

Barulin
Varlamov
Biryukov

MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:23 AM
  #17
kiluj
Registered User
 
kiluj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Samara, Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton Fettel View Post
Okay so the top Russian player is tied for 60th in scoring. My question is : what is going on?
2 Russians in top5 (1st and 5th). Not bad, I think.

kiluj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 10:26 AM
  #18
Thesensation19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,434
vCash: 500
Wouldnt be shocked to see Caps lose in the first two rounds and Ovi and Semin come over to play... Radulov is in Nashville. Depends how far he goes but he might come over too.

Thesensation19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:57 PM
  #19
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton Fettel View Post
Okay so the top Russian player is tied for 60th in scoring. My question is : what is going on?
Nice read NOW knowing tha Art Ross is going to Malkin.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 02:06 PM
  #20
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Hard to guess now, but I'll give it a try:

Kovalchuk - Shipachyov - Radulov
Tarasenko - Kaigorodov - Kuznetsov
Shirokov - Burmistrov - Kulemin
Tikhonov - Tereschenko - Zherdev

Volchenkov - Kulikov
Tyutin - Nikitin
Nikulin - Voynov
Kalinin - Denisov

Barulin
Varlamov
Biryukov
update:

Kovalchuk/Ovechkin-Datsyuk/Malkin-Semin

Zaripov-Datsyuk/Malkin-Kuznetsov

Kulemin-Burmistrov-Tarasenko

Shirokov/Anisin-Anisimov/Terschenko/Shipachev-Zherdev

Nikulin-Korneev

Kalinin-Denisov

Nikitin-Kulikov/Volchenkov

Emelin-Biryukov/Medvedev

Varlamov, Barulin, Biryukov

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.