HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official OT Thread--Kings Lounge XI

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2012, 12:50 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

vCash: 500
Did anybody catch the latest SNL with Charles Barkley? I only ask because there was a sketch where the Kings were referenced. In the sketch Barkley was promoting an app that said what coaches/players really meant in their post game interviews. There was a clip of Sutter saying, "I thought we played, played hard" which Barkley translated as "We sucked tonight!"

Anyway, it was a minor reference but any news is good news, right?

Edit: Here, I found the sketch.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/317023/sat...es-barkley-app

Old
01-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Everyone get out your skinny jeans and get your hair permed, At The DRive in is making a come back.

Old
01-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

This looks good.. lol!

Old
01-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Alternate Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Everyone get out your skinny jeans and get your hair permed, At The DRive in is making a come back.
holy crap. i love that band.

Quote:
This looks good.. lol!

omg, was totally JUST watching this trailer with my fiancée. i laughed my ass off. i love the part where he's punching the guy's face without even looking at him. totally seeing it.

Old
01-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

This thing is amazing. Im getting a buffalo.

Old
01-11-2012, 08:12 AM
nocturn

Alright Computer Peeps, I have a querry.

I just stumbled across a old HP Pavillion tower I purchased back in 1998 (Win98). It hasnt been started in probably 8 years and if I remember correctly, I think it had/has a virus that jacked either the bios or the system startup so I wasnt able to boot up at all before I eventually just stashed it in the guest room closet.

Anyway, I would like to gather the info off the HDD (if possible?). I believe I have well over 3000 songs still on there from that ole tymey thing called Napster 1.0 as well as gobs of photos from my daughter's birth.

Not that it matters but I dont have the original crt. I figure I could just hook it up to the 22" LED I use for my security system and go from there.

What would be the best and easiest way to copy the hdd over to either a laptop or even a flash drive? Should I just plug it in and give it a go or should I treat it with kid gloves?

Im not really concerned about the music, the pics though....err.

Thanks.

Old
01-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 319
****. It is only Wednesdsay. These 5 day work weeks are for the birds.

Old
01-11-2012, 12:22 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
****. It is only Wednesdsay. These 5 day work weeks are for the birds.
Do birds work a lot?

Old
01-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Do birds work a lot?
Hummgbirds are workaholics.

Old
01-11-2012, 01:39 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 1015
Quote:
i thought they were too good for a reunion tour

Old
01-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugold View Post
i thought they were too good for a reunion tour
Well apparently Refused is playing Coachella and At The Drive In is as well but they are on separate days. I hate festivals and I'd actually go if both were playing on the same day. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed that Refused actually does a tour of some kind. I'd much rather see them at a club anyway. I'm not all that excited about ATDI but I'd go see them too I guess.

Old
01-11-2012, 02:07 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 1015
Quote:
Well apparently Refused is playing Coachella and At The Drive In is as well but they are on separate days. I hate festivals and I'd actually go if both were playing on the same day. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed that Refused actually does a tour of some kind. I'd much rather see them at a club anyway. I'm not all that excited about ATDI but I'd go see them too I guess.
Ive seen the international noise conspiracy and mars volta to try and fill a void left by band dematerialization but it didnt work. the likelyhood im going to get to see feused or atdi at a 'decent' venue in dingo land is 1-100. i can picture them both playing a summer festival here and pleasing the masses but upsetting their legacy

Old
01-11-2012, 02:11 PM
BKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Hummgbirds are workaholics.
Woodpeckers put in more work than Pancakes Penner.

Old
01-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugold View Post
Ive seen the international noise conspiracy and mars volta to try and fill a void left by band dematerialization but it didnt work. the likelyhood im going to get to see feused or atdi at a 'decent' venue in dingo land is 1-100. i can picture them both playing a summer festival here and pleasing the masses but upsetting their legacy
The only reincarnation from either that i actually like is Sparta. But yeah, you'll probably have to see them at a festival. I'm crossing my fingers that there is a club tour of some kind for Refused. I never got to see them. I was going to see them at Chain Reaction here in the LA area during the tour when they broke up.

Old
01-12-2012, 12:48 AM
Dawdler
Pearson for Calder!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
Alright Computer Peeps, I have a querry.

I just stumbled across a old HP Pavillion tower I purchased back in 1998 (Win98). It hasnt been started in probably 8 years and if I remember correctly, I think it had/has a virus that jacked either the bios or the system startup so I wasnt able to boot up at all before I eventually just stashed it in the guest room closet.

Anyway, I would like to gather the info off the HDD (if possible?). I believe I have well over 3000 songs still on there from that ole tymey thing called Napster 1.0 as well as gobs of photos from my daughter's birth.

Not that it matters but I dont have the original crt. I figure I could just hook it up to the 22" LED I use for my security system and go from there.

What would be the best and easiest way to copy the hdd over to either a laptop or even a flash drive? Should I just plug it in and give it a go or should I treat it with kid gloves?

Im not really concerned about the music, the pics though....err.

Thanks.
if it has a virus I would do it like the way I usually do it when I need to get music and pics from a harddrive is burn a copy of Ubuntu Link (its free) run it from the live CD and click on the harddrive and you'll see the documents and settings folder and you can either copy the whole folder to a USB or pick and choose the stuff you want.

The other easy way is to buy an external case for around 10 bucks, take the Harddrive out of the old computer put it in the case and plug it in to another computer like you would a USB, I prefer the first method as it doesn't require taking anything apart.

hope this helps and good luck

Old
01-12-2012, 01:25 AM
KingLB

Quote:
The only reincarnation from either that i actually like is Sparta. But yeah, you'll probably have to see them at a festival. I'm crossing my fingers that there is a club tour of some kind for Refused. I never got to see them. I was going to see them at Chain Reaction here in the LA area during the tour when they broke up.

Old
01-12-2012, 01:38 AM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawdler View Post
if it has a virus I would do it like the way I usually do it when I need to get music and pics from a harddrive is burn a copy of Ubuntu Link (its free) run it from the live CD and click on the harddrive and you'll see the documents and settings folder and you can either copy the whole folder to a USB or pick and choose the stuff you want.

The other easy way is to buy an external case for around 10 bucks, take the Harddrive out of the old computer put it in the case and plug it in to another computer like you would a USB, I prefer the first method as it doesn't require taking anything apart.

I've never tried the former method you mention, but Fry's Electronics has cases for pretty cheap and it's no more than ten minutes' work to pop a hard drive into one. Plus, that way you can just keep it around and do whatever you want with it.

Old
01-12-2012, 08:33 AM
nocturn

Quote:

Thats kickass dude. One of the IT guys here at work suggested the exact same thing to me yesterday about the hdd enclosure and thats what I did...bought one. He also suggested I just hook it all up as usual....see what happends....and go from there....which I did. He added "WTF do you think is gonna happen? Nuclear Meltdown? Just start it!" I replied "You know my wife, Nuclear Meltdown will occur if I lose pics of my daughter." lol.

Last night I just went balls out and hooked the old pc up to all its original stuff, flipped the switch and it *WORKED*. I was stoked! I did however boot it from a win98 boot disk in safemode and ran the previously installed Norton AV 02'. It found and cleaned the virus (rootkit). After a hour of running and cleaning the software issues, she was rock'n.

So I didnt need the case but Im going to keep it anyway and use the 30gig hdd as a "nice to have around" back up of a back up of back up. Thats a handy little thing to have.

Thanks for the reply and good advice!

Last edited by nocturn: 01-12-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old
01-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

It sounds like Refused is only going to do 4 festivals this summer and one show with Soundgarden and then they will call it quits again. I saw them back in 96ish with Snapcase and they were pretty amazing.

Old
01-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Dawdler
Pearson for Calder!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
I've never tried the former method you mention, but Fry's Electronics has cases for pretty cheap and it's no more than ten minutes' work to pop a hard drive into one. Plus, that way you can just keep it around and do whatever you want with it.
I do the ubuntu method when I have to do a fresh install on that same hard drive, if they just want the hard drive I recommend the case, either way you're set.

Old
01-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Dawdler
Pearson for Calder!!

Quote:
Thats kickass dude. One of the IT guys here at work suggested the exact same thing to me yesterday about the hdd enclosure and thats what I did...bought one. He also suggested I just hook it all up as usual....see what happends....and go from there....which I did. He added "WTF do you think is gonna happen? Nuclear Meltdown? Just start it!" I replied "You know my wife, Nuclear Meltdown will occur if I lose pics of my daughter." lol.

Last night I just went balls out and hooked the old pc up to all its original stuff, flipped the switch and it *WORKED*. I was stoked! I did however boot it from a win98 boot disk in safemode and ran the previously installed Norton AV 02'. It found and cleaned the virus (rootkit). After a hour of running and cleaning the software issues, she was rock'n.

So I didnt need the case but Im going to keep it anyway and use the 30gig hdd as a "nice to have around" back up of a back up of back up. Thats a handy little thing to have.

Thanks for the reply and good advice!
your welcome and I'm glad you got everything working.

Old
01-12-2012, 06:21 PM
nocturn

Quote:
your welcome and I'm glad you got everything working.
Yeah, thanks dude.

Its a shame too because this little ole comp is still rock'n after all these years. Dont know what I'd do with a 30gig, Pentium 3 sys. Its has a old dial up modem. I did load XP at some point in 02. That was a surprise. I dont remember doing that. Both the DVD player and CD-W+ work great.

Wonder if I could upgrade the modem to wireless broadband, max the ram and use it along side my tv as something? If anything, it needs a good blast with a compressor and a whipe down with alcohol.

Any ideas or should I just grab the hdd and bury it with honors?

Hate to waste it.

Last edited by nocturn: 01-12-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old
01-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Dawdler
Pearson for Calder!!

Quote:
Yeah, thanks dude.

Its a shame too because this little ole comp is still rock'n after all these years. Dont know what I'd do with a 30gig, Pentium 3 sys. Its has a old dial up modem. I did load XP at some point in 02. That was a surprise. I dont remember doing that. Both the DVD player and CD-W+ work great.

Wonder if I could upgrade the modem to wireless broadband, max the ram and use it along side my tv as something? If anything, it needs a good blast with a compressor and a whipe down with alcohol.

Any ideas or should I just grab the hdd and bury it with honors?

Hate to waste it.
If you can still get some mileage out of it, go for it. Depending on the USB ports you have pick up a USB wireless adapter (15-30 bucks) and upgrade the RAM. I have an old computer by my TV that I use when I want to watch a game that is only being streamed and it works like a charm. I also use it when I have friends come over and their kids need to play with a computer.

I only take a HDD from an old computer when I know the hardware is useless to me. other then that I try to keep them alive as long as possible, good luck with whatever you decide.

Old
01-12-2012, 07:16 PM
nocturn

Great idea about the usb wireless adapter. Although Ill have to upgrade the USB ports. They're 1.0's. I figured that out when I tried to d-load some of the tunes to a 16 gig flash stick. Took 3 hours for 5 gigs to load.

Old
01-13-2012, 03:31 AM
Shellz

Happy Friday the 13th

Closed Thread