HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official OT Thread--Kings Lounge XI

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2012, 10:03 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
Not yet but then again, I havent eaten anything worth poop'n since since Monday afternoon. Ive been taking dolcolax since Tues night so when I do go, it should be smooth as slik! Thanks for asking!
Last night was brutal in the pain department. I woke up around 3am in the same position I fell asleep in 6 hours earlier and over that period, the hydromorphine from the hospital and the oxy I took earlier had wore off so I was at 100% commando with the pain. Holy **** did that suck! I went to go piss and realized my right hip had dislocated also while asleep. All in all, that was probably the most painfull experience ive ever been thru.

To make matters even slightly worse, i put my back brace on today and realized quite quickly that one of the 27 staples I have closing the incision is located right below the left hand lumbar support on the brace. So when I hurk down on the brace....the business end of the staple seats itself nicely into my meat.
Holy ****. (Especially the hip part)
John Rambo needs to take pain management lessons from you.

Old
03-22-2012, 11:06 AM
nocturn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Holy ****. (Especially the hip part)
John Rambo needs to take pain management lessons from you.
Yeah, it was rough even for me. And ive got a pretty high pain threshold to boot.

I guess things can only get better from here though. The surgeon said I had some of the toughest vertebrae he's ever had to cut through in 20 years. They were so strong that he said he doesnt see a need for a fusion "in my lifetime"...even with the arthiritis I already have. He said all the disks were seated nicely but my ligiments were a mess as well as all my facets from s1 up to L3. He said he cleaned everything up, remove a few bad ligiments, opened up 5 nerve passages and cut out everything that was in the way. Pretty much "text book" as he said. 3 hours total.

Nice part was my drop dead, smoking hot PA woke me up out of my GA with a nice cold Pepsi. First thing I (apparently) said was "am I in heaven? My wifes gonna be pissed". Lol no kidding.

Old
03-22-2012, 12:09 PM
nocturn

Meh, looks like im starting to repeat myself.

Anyway, thanks for the support everyone. Just reflecting back to the olden days of this site and more so the other site, and remembering how young and carefree we all were in the 90's. Between my ordeal and especially Leig's thing, it all really hits home. Be kind to yourselves and to others. This is all temporary in the big scheme of things.

Thanks again for being there.

Old
03-22-2012, 01:04 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

Nocturn>>>>>> Muppets

Old
03-22-2012, 05:10 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Hey Nocturn,

Hope you are feeling allot better. I had to take 5/6 dookielax for about three months after one of my head surgeries (why I still don't understand entirely but there ya go). It took a couple of days but after that everything was allot better for the entire time I had to take them.

No experience with hip injuries with the exception of several pointers when I was playing and they can be garbage to go through.

Hang in there.

Old
03-24-2012, 06:27 AM
nocturn

For all those concerned, I dropped a Neil this morning. Thank you!

Old
03-24-2012, 02:03 PM
tserberis*

Hi.
What is Voynov's nickname on the team?

Thanks.

Old
03-24-2012, 02:59 PM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Hi.
What is Voynov's nickname on the team?

Thanks.
SuperSlava.

Old
03-25-2012, 10:52 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

Driving home last night, I came to the horrible realization last night that I have never had any gloves in my glove compartment.
So I put three condoms in there this morning.

Old
03-25-2012, 02:18 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Just saw this

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...133839779.html

Pretty nice of Leopold to protect Dubinsky's face.

Old
03-25-2012, 04:21 PM
nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenKing18 View Post
Just saw this

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...133839779.html

Pretty nice of Leopold to protect Dubinsky's face.
Ugh, still one of the most disturbing things mine eyes have ever witnessed...the Zednick slash. Worse thing is knowing it will happen again. When? Who knows....but it will.

Worst thing hockey wise Ive seen in person was a teenage girl's lower jaw shatter and cave in from a Paul Coffey slapper back in 92 or 93' I believe. It was a Devs/Kings game at the old Meadowlands rink. It happened about 30 feet from me.

Last edited by nocturn: 03-25-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old
03-27-2012, 09:23 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

$363,000,000 in the Mega Millions drawing tonight. Get those tickets! Still 30 minutes left.

Old
03-27-2012, 10:28 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
$363,000,000 in the Mega Millions drawing tonight. Get those tickets! Still 30 minutes left.

Pppfffff..... I might have at least that much in 18 months by studying & eventually mastering the penny stock market. If you guys didn't know, it's totally rigged. But figure out the rules and you can gleefully acquire huge sums of money simply by out-thinking the billion dollar hedge funds!

Old
03-28-2012, 07:55 AM
nocturn

Triple Lamidecomy update:

One week removed from surgery and WOW! What a difference a week makes. As far as the compression pain I had prior to surgery (the reason for surgery) is 100% GONE! I have ZERO pain in either leg. Its amazing not feeling something Ive felt at different pain levels, for over 25 years. It doesnt feel like "me" below my waist. It almost brings me to tears knowing this will all over soon. Seriously.

I still have localized pain in the 7" incision area of the surgery. The percocet has done a great job of keeping things in control. On my own accord, I think im going to bump myself back down to my 7.5/325 Norco's that Ive been taking for a few years now. Hopefully in the next month or so I'll completely ween myself off these effing opiates. Anyway, the staples, or as my daughter calls them "the choo-choo tracks", are still weeping fluids. I spoke with my nurse yesterday about the fluid because the color and viscosity had me concerned it could be spinal fluid. She said it wasnt and to keep changing the bandages twice a day as the discharge could last up to 2 weeks. They'll look at it in a few weeks. I also mentioned whomever did the staple job did a sh**ty job. My 9 year old could have done a better. The nurse said it was probably a med student. Who cares really. Thats the least of my worries.

One cool thing that the nurse did mention is that the whole surgery from the second I went under until they brought me back was video taped by 22 HD cameras located throughout the OR. She said my surgeon will sit me down in the next 3 weeks (I assume when the staples come out on the 10th of April) and walk me thru every thing they did...cut by cut at a micro level. How cool is that? Its gonna be pretty gnarly seeing my own s**t getting fillet open. My wife thinks Im high. Im stoked to see it.

Ive been using my walker to boogie around outside for about 2 hours a day total, each day. It was tough at first but getting easier everyday. I tried to go walkerless yesterday which wasnt very smart. I started having uncontrolable muscle spasms in my mid back muscles about 200 feet from the house and had to sit for a hour before I could make it back. Lesson learned.

And Foo Foo, im back on my regular sched...wake up, pop pill, pour coffee, wait 20 min...bam!

Edit: forgot to add HOLY **** DOES THIS THING ITCH LIKE A MOFO! OMG IT SUCKS! Isnt this some sort of Chinese torture technique? Death by 1000 Itches? This part sucks! At least when I busted my arm back in the day, I could use a coat hanger but FUUUUUUUU, THIS BLOWWWS!

Last edited by nocturn: 03-28-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old
03-28-2012, 08:06 AM
nocturn

I'll try and post a pic of the incision and staples later on when it looks a little better. Still a lot of swelling and the skin is discolored quite a bit from the Silver bandage/dressing they had on it for 5 days. I assume they use silver lined bandage because its negitive ion which isnt condusive to cell reproduction and/or bacteria growth? Dooney, can you elaborate?

I asked Walgreens if they had a replacement type bandage and the guy said it was a specialty bandage only avalible via medical wholesale to med facilities. Not a otc item.

Old
03-28-2012, 10:35 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Pppfffff..... I might have at least that much in 18 months by studying & eventually mastering the penny stock market. If you guys didn't know, it's totally rigged. But figure out the rules and you can gleefully acquire huge sums of money simply by out-thinking the billion dollar hedge funds!
And nobody won. It'll hit $500,000,000 now.

Old
03-28-2012, 11:48 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
That is just incredible.

I normally avoid most -EV games like lotto, but even I have bought $10 in tickets the last two drawings. Amazing with it being in 42 states and so many people playing for the $360 mill that no one won.

Old
03-28-2012, 08:19 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Hopefully, no one will hit it for a few more drawings.

I'm in once it hits 1 Billion.

Old
03-28-2012, 11:16 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

O am in Seattle for the T Birds etc and it is over 500m here already (lotto).

Old
03-29-2012, 03:51 AM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

Hey Tonneli,
I would love to hear what your draft day/s actions would be as kings g.m. who would you draft, trade, sign? Im sure everyone would be interested in this topic. I'd make a thread but im bad to the bone

Old
03-29-2012, 07:57 AM
nocturn

Funny how people get their freak out on for a $300 mil lotto but meh at a 18 mil prize.

"18 million lotto? Meh, not worth the trip to the Circle K."

I dont play lotto although my wife does. I play the higher % of win game called "Keeping the coin I already have in my hand"...but good luck to you all anyway.

Old
03-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Beckham had no idea who they are.

Old
03-30-2012, 06:47 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
Funny how people get their freak out on for a $300 mil lotto but meh at a 18 mil prize.

"18 million lotto? Meh, not worth the trip to the Circle K."

I dont play lotto although my wife does. I play the higher % of win game called "Keeping the coin I already have in my hand"...but good luck to you all anyway.
I had the exact same thought as I passed by a massive lotto line today. The psychology behind it is pretty interesting. However I know that if somebody from that store wins and they purchased it when I was nearby shopping for food, I'll be so damn bitter.

Old
03-30-2012, 06:54 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post

I don't think Kobe knew who Mike was either, lol.

Last edited by DocWest: 03-30-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old
03-30-2012, 07:15 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post

So, when does this crazy Mike come out? I have yet to see anything out of him that says he's such a cancer in the locker room.

Closed Thread