HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official OT Thread--Kings Lounge XI

Closed Thread

Old
07-20-2012, 04:43 AM
Shellz

vCash: 500
14 dead after a shooting in Colorado at a movie theatrr showing the Dark Knight.

So so horrible...I don't even know what to say.

Old
07-20-2012, 12:17 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
14 dead after a shooting in Colorado at a movie theatrr showing the Dark Knight.

So so horrible...I don't even know what to say.
Nothing anybody can say to make any sense of this thing. It's shocking to me that now I will go to the movies and wonder if the person next to me is wearing a complete Call Of Duty outfit and he's ready to start playing the game in real life. Did I read correctly that a 6 year old was at the midnight showing of Dark Knight?

Old
07-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
At least Fred Willard only fired one shot.

Old
07-21-2012, 03:31 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

I can't believe i'm saying this, but I think I am becoming an MLS fan. I got a summer job in Telecom at the home depot center, so i've been watching a lot of Chivas and Galaxy games the last 6 weeks or so.

Old
07-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Dawdler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
I can't believe i'm saying this, but I think I am becoming an MLS fan. I got a summer job in Telecom at the home depot center, so i've been watching a lot of Chivas and Galaxy games the last 6 weeks or so.
cool welcome to the MLS club, tonights game should be really good since it pits the Galaxy against Chivas.

Old
07-22-2012, 01:13 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Nothing anybody can say to make any sense of this thing. It's shocking to me that now I will go to the movies and wonder if the person next to me is wearing a complete Call Of Duty outfit and he's ready to start playing the game in real life. Did I read correctly that a 6 year old was at the midnight showing of Dark Knight?
Yeah and a three-month old. Aurora is like the Palmdale of Denver. Not necessarily a bastion of classy people. (This coming from a guy living in CO).

Old
07-22-2012, 11:06 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Yeah and a three-month old. Aurora is like the Palmdale of Denver. Not necessarily a bastion of classy people. (This coming from a guy living in CO).
Midnight premieres should be 18 or over-no exceptions. Of course the movie companies will fight that tooth and nail but for anybody that's been to the movies it's time to put an age minimum on these movies regardless of whether or not they are with a guardian of proper age. Can't afford a baby sitter? Shouldn't have had kids.

Old
07-22-2012, 01:11 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

vCash: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawdler View Post
cool welcome to the MLS club, tonights game should be really good since it pits the Galaxy against Chivas.
Another good game last night. They are heating up at the right time.

Old
07-24-2012, 07:34 PM
flyfysher

The family of Aurora theater shooting victim Jessica (Redfield) Ghawi has established a scholarship fund in her name, which will go toward “seed money for the scholarship to help send another upcoming young sports talent to study journalism” . . . The scholarship is most likely going to be geared toward helping young females who want to do what Jessica wanted to do – work in the sports journalism business.

It is called the Jessica Redfield Sports Journalism Scholarship Fund. The fund had a goal of raising $20,000 in 120 days. Well, that number is going to be smashed harder than the glass behind the net that absorbs a Shea Weber slap shot. As I write this, $17,230 already has been raised, with the Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings and MLS champion Los Angeles Galaxy, through owner Phil Anschutz’s Anschutz Entertainment Group, kicking in a whopping $10,000. That is truly generous of the Kings, the Galaxy and Mr. Anschutz.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2012...e-10000/11199/

I am an Avs fan but your organizations and owner acted with class and generosity. Thanks!

Last edited by flyfysher: 07-24-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old
07-24-2012, 07:59 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfysher View Post
The family of Aurora theater shooting victim Jessica (Redfield) Ghawi has established a scholarship fund in her name, which will go toward “seed money for the scholarship to help send another upcoming young sports talent to study journalism” . . . The scholarship is most likely going to be geared toward helping young females who want to do what Jessica wanted to do – work in the sports journalism business.

It is called the Jessica Redfield Sports Journalism Scholarship Fund. The fund had a goal of raising $20,000 in 120 days. Well, that number is going to be smashed harder than the glass behind the net that absorbs a Shea Weber slap shot. As I write this, $17,230 already has been raised, with the Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings and MLS champion Los Angeles Galaxy, through owner Phil Anschutz’s Anschutz Entertainment Group, kicking in a whopping $10,000. That is truly generous of the Kings, the Galaxy and Mr. Anschutz.

I am an Avs fan but your organizations and owner acted with class and generosity. Thanks!
Uncle Phil is a Denver guy

Old
07-25-2012, 12:24 PM
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Midnight premieres should be 18 or over-no exceptions. Of course the movie companies will fight that tooth and nail but for anybody that's been to the movies it's time to put an age minimum on these movies regardless of whether or not they are with a guardian of proper age. Can't afford a baby sitter? Shouldn't have had kids.
i live in palmdale...

Old
07-25-2012, 08:07 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfysher View Post

As a Sharks fan, I should really want to dislike the Kings. But I can't. Very nice move.

07-25-2012, 09:14 PM
Reclamation Project
Registered Troll

vCash: 592
Doughty > Karlsson

That is all.

Old
07-26-2012, 09:11 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

Has anyone tried the moist flushable wipes?
They make wiping like you are on vacation.

Old
07-27-2012, 01:06 AM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Has anyone tried the moist flushable wipes?
They make wiping like you are on vacation.
Why would you wipe when you are on vacation?

Old
07-28-2012, 12:33 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

I'm watching the opening ceremonies, and next to the flag holders name it said "hockey", I got very confused.

Old
07-28-2012, 02:31 PM
Mattias

Weird...Shane Doan was at a Kamloops night club the other day. Weird to see.

Old
07-28-2012, 05:14 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Old
07-28-2012, 05:34 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Win!

Old
08-02-2012, 05:07 AM
nocturn

Alright. After 7 years on the east coast, its time to start planning a move back to Hawaii...

My Kama'aina ass is tired of the mainland.

Old
08-02-2012, 02:55 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

Do you ever see business names or street signs that constantly remind you of NHL players? We have a waste disposal company in aus called jj and Richards which would make amusing in a photoshop pre trade.

Old
08-06-2012, 08:21 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

What do you do if you are a guy and you "get that no so fresh feeling"?

Old
08-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

so 6 months late, i find out that the hottest athlete in the world is dating this guy

I definitely should have moved to Russia, got good at hockey and signed a 100mill contract

Old
08-06-2012, 10:31 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
What do you do if you are a guy and you "get that no so fresh feeling"?
Here you go, this should help.

Old
08-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

3 months ago I downloaded an app called "My Fitness Planner". I used it for one day tracking everything I eat. That afternoon I read a book about fitness for beginners which gave me some basic nutritional advice. The day after I downloaded the app I attempted to change my dietary habits on a whim. I increased my level of exercise (was playing hockey 2 nights a week before) and I've gone from 230 lbs to 202 lbs today. I don't think I've weighed this amount since I was in my young 20's (I'm 31).

I'm kinda tooting my horn but also wanted to give anyone who may be interested in getting in better shape a vote of confidence. It really is no secret. You eat better food and exercise and you will lose weight. This has been borderline easy for me and I'm shocked I haven't given up yet. I guess because it really hasn't been that hard to do. Catch me running the Long Beach Marathon in October. I'll be running barefoot with the Ethiopians!

Closed Thread