HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official OT Thread--Kings Lounge XI

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-20-2012, 04:43 AM
  #576
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,311
vCash: 500
14 dead after a shooting in Colorado at a movie theatrr showing the Dark Knight.

So so horrible...I don't even know what to say.

Shellz is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 12:17 PM
  #577
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,391
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
14 dead after a shooting in Colorado at a movie theatrr showing the Dark Knight.

So so horrible...I don't even know what to say.
Nothing anybody can say to make any sense of this thing. It's shocking to me that now I will go to the movies and wonder if the person next to me is wearing a complete Call Of Duty outfit and he's ready to start playing the game in real life. Did I read correctly that a 6 year old was at the midnight showing of Dark Knight?

The Tikkanen is offline  
Old
07-21-2012, 02:06 PM
  #578
Maynard
Registered User
 
Maynard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,149
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Maynard
At least Fred Willard only fired one shot.

Maynard is offline  
Old
07-21-2012, 03:31 PM
  #579
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,365
vCash: 500
I can't believe i'm saying this, but I think I am becoming an MLS fan. I got a summer job in Telecom at the home depot center, so i've been watching a lot of Chivas and Galaxy games the last 6 weeks or so.

KopitarFAN is online now  
Old
07-21-2012, 04:25 PM
  #580
Dawdler
Registered User
 
Dawdler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 1,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
I can't believe i'm saying this, but I think I am becoming an MLS fan. I got a summer job in Telecom at the home depot center, so i've been watching a lot of Chivas and Galaxy games the last 6 weeks or so.
cool welcome to the MLS club, tonights game should be really good since it pits the Galaxy against Chivas.

Dawdler is online now  
Old
07-22-2012, 01:13 AM
  #581
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Nothing anybody can say to make any sense of this thing. It's shocking to me that now I will go to the movies and wonder if the person next to me is wearing a complete Call Of Duty outfit and he's ready to start playing the game in real life. Did I read correctly that a 6 year old was at the midnight showing of Dark Knight?
Yeah and a three-month old. Aurora is like the Palmdale of Denver. Not necessarily a bastion of classy people. (This coming from a guy living in CO).

RonSwanson* is offline  
Old
07-22-2012, 11:06 AM
  #582
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,391
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Yeah and a three-month old. Aurora is like the Palmdale of Denver. Not necessarily a bastion of classy people. (This coming from a guy living in CO).
Midnight premieres should be 18 or over-no exceptions. Of course the movie companies will fight that tooth and nail but for anybody that's been to the movies it's time to put an age minimum on these movies regardless of whether or not they are with a guardian of proper age. Can't afford a baby sitter? Shouldn't have had kids.

The Tikkanen is offline  
Old
07-22-2012, 01:11 PM
  #583
Wildturkey12
Do It!
 
Wildturkey12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: L.A.
Country: United States
Posts: 1,361
vCash: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawdler View Post
cool welcome to the MLS club, tonights game should be really good since it pits the Galaxy against Chivas.
Another good game last night. They are heating up at the right time.

Wildturkey12 is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 07:34 PM
  #584
flyfysher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
The family of Aurora theater shooting victim Jessica (Redfield) Ghawi has established a scholarship fund in her name, which will go toward “seed money for the scholarship to help send another upcoming young sports talent to study journalism” . . . The scholarship is most likely going to be geared toward helping young females who want to do what Jessica wanted to do – work in the sports journalism business.

It is called the Jessica Redfield Sports Journalism Scholarship Fund. The fund had a goal of raising $20,000 in 120 days. Well, that number is going to be smashed harder than the glass behind the net that absorbs a Shea Weber slap shot. As I write this, $17,230 already has been raised, with the Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings and MLS champion Los Angeles Galaxy, through owner Phil Anschutz’s Anschutz Entertainment Group, kicking in a whopping $10,000. That is truly generous of the Kings, the Galaxy and Mr. Anschutz.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2012...e-10000/11199/

I am an Avs fan but your organizations and owner acted with class and generosity. Thanks!


Last edited by flyfysher: 07-24-2012 at 07:41 PM.
flyfysher is offline  
Old
07-24-2012, 07:59 PM
  #585
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 19,159
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfysher View Post
The family of Aurora theater shooting victim Jessica (Redfield) Ghawi has established a scholarship fund in her name, which will go toward “seed money for the scholarship to help send another upcoming young sports talent to study journalism” . . . The scholarship is most likely going to be geared toward helping young females who want to do what Jessica wanted to do – work in the sports journalism business.

It is called the Jessica Redfield Sports Journalism Scholarship Fund. The fund had a goal of raising $20,000 in 120 days. Well, that number is going to be smashed harder than the glass behind the net that absorbs a Shea Weber slap shot. As I write this, $17,230 already has been raised, with the Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings and MLS champion Los Angeles Galaxy, through owner Phil Anschutz’s Anschutz Entertainment Group, kicking in a whopping $10,000. That is truly generous of the Kings, the Galaxy and Mr. Anschutz.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2012...e-10000/11199/

I am an Avs fan but your organizations and owner acted with class and generosity. Thanks!
Uncle Phil is a Denver guy

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 12:24 PM
  #586
KingsRule
Registered User
 
KingsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 2,952
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Midnight premieres should be 18 or over-no exceptions. Of course the movie companies will fight that tooth and nail but for anybody that's been to the movies it's time to put an age minimum on these movies regardless of whether or not they are with a guardian of proper age. Can't afford a baby sitter? Shouldn't have had kids.
i live in palmdale...

KingsRule is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 08:07 PM
  #587
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants
 
SpinTheBlackCircle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 32,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfysher View Post
The family of Aurora theater shooting victim Jessica (Redfield) Ghawi has established a scholarship fund in her name, which will go toward “seed money for the scholarship to help send another upcoming young sports talent to study journalism” . . . The scholarship is most likely going to be geared toward helping young females who want to do what Jessica wanted to do – work in the sports journalism business.

It is called the Jessica Redfield Sports Journalism Scholarship Fund. The fund had a goal of raising $20,000 in 120 days. Well, that number is going to be smashed harder than the glass behind the net that absorbs a Shea Weber slap shot. As I write this, $17,230 already has been raised, with the Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings and MLS champion Los Angeles Galaxy, through owner Phil Anschutz’s Anschutz Entertainment Group, kicking in a whopping $10,000. That is truly generous of the Kings, the Galaxy and Mr. Anschutz.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2012...e-10000/11199/

I am an Avs fan but your organizations and owner acted with class and generosity. Thanks!
As a Sharks fan, I should really want to dislike the Kings. But I can't. Very nice move.

__________________
Gots all my pertinence on it and such
SpinTheBlackCircle is online now  
Old
07-25-2012, 09:14 PM
  #588
Reclamation Project
Registered Troll
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 17,985
vCash: 592
Doughty > Karlsson

That is all.

Reclamation Project is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 09:11 PM
  #589
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 19,159
vCash: 863
Has anyone tried the moist flushable wipes?
They make wiping like you are on vacation.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 01:06 AM
  #590
Wildturkey12
Do It!
 
Wildturkey12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: L.A.
Country: United States
Posts: 1,361
vCash: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Has anyone tried the moist flushable wipes?
They make wiping like you are on vacation.
Why would you wipe when you are on vacation?

Wildturkey12 is offline  
Old
07-28-2012, 12:33 AM
  #591
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,365
vCash: 500
I'm watching the opening ceremonies, and next to the flag holders name it said "hockey", I got very confused.

KopitarFAN is online now  
Old
07-28-2012, 02:31 PM
  #592
Mattias
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,020
vCash: 500
Weird...Shane Doan was at a Kamloops night club the other day. Weird to see.

Mattias is offline  
Old
07-28-2012, 05:14 PM
  #593
TonySCV
Moderator
One More Time
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,893
vCash: 500

TonySCV is offline  
Old
07-28-2012, 05:34 PM
  #594
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Win!

KopitarFAN is online now  
Old
08-02-2012, 05:07 AM
  #595
nocturn
Registered User
 
nocturn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Col. Hgts, Virginny
Country: Ireland
Posts: 888
vCash: 500
Alright. After 7 years on the east coast, its time to start planning a move back to Hawaii...




My Kama'aina ass is tired of the mainland.

nocturn is offline  
Old
08-02-2012, 02:55 PM
  #596
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger
 
drugold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Brisbane,
Country: Australia-Aboriginal
Posts: 2,400
vCash: 500
Do you ever see business names or street signs that constantly remind you of NHL players? We have a waste disposal company in aus called jj and Richards which would make amusing in a photoshop pre trade.

drugold is offline  
Old
08-06-2012, 08:21 PM
  #597
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 19,159
vCash: 863
What do you do if you are a guy and you "get that no so fresh feeling"?

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline  
Old
08-06-2012, 09:08 PM
  #598
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT
 
Muzzinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,863
vCash: 500
so 6 months late, i find out that the hottest athlete in the world is dating this guy



I definitely should have moved to Russia, got good at hockey and signed a 100mill contract

Muzzinga is offline  
Old
08-06-2012, 10:31 PM
  #599
Wildturkey12
Do It!
 
Wildturkey12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: L.A.
Country: United States
Posts: 1,361
vCash: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
What do you do if you are a guy and you "get that no so fresh feeling"?
Here you go, this should help.

Wildturkey12 is offline  
Old
08-07-2012, 10:51 AM
  #600
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,633
vCash: 500
3 months ago I downloaded an app called "My Fitness Planner". I used it for one day tracking everything I eat. That afternoon I read a book about fitness for beginners which gave me some basic nutritional advice. The day after I downloaded the app I attempted to change my dietary habits on a whim. I increased my level of exercise (was playing hockey 2 nights a week before) and I've gone from 230 lbs to 202 lbs today. I don't think I've weighed this amount since I was in my young 20's (I'm 31).

I'm kinda tooting my horn but also wanted to give anyone who may be interested in getting in better shape a vote of confidence. It really is no secret. You eat better food and exercise and you will lose weight. This has been borderline easy for me and I'm shocked I haven't given up yet. I guess because it really hasn't been that hard to do. Catch me running the Long Beach Marathon in October. I'll be running barefoot with the Ethiopians!

Buddy The Elf is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.