HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

A Day in the Life with Eric Condra

Old
11-26-2011, 05:20 PM
HappyGilmour

vCash: 500
A Day in the Life with Eric Condra

http://video.senators.nhl.com/videoc...id=DL|OTT|home

Here's an inside look at what a game day is like for Erik Condra. You really get to see how much of an elite professional he has come to be. Here are some of the things that really stuck out to me.

Leadership: You see him leading the stretch at one point, I thought this was interesting because everyone seemed to be feeding off his stretching routine.

Class: Eric takes time out of his day (game day nonetheless) and stops after practice to sign an autograph for a young fan. That kids eyes lit up like christmas, very nice souvenir for him.

Stamina: You see Condra doing cardio before the game, and the highlights they showed from the Rangers game you don't see him huffing or puffing even once. I think the most impressive part of the video was that even thought it was a game day, you still see Condra running up the stairs approximately 1:00 in. Check it out for yourself.

Discuss.

HappyGilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 05:28 PM
HappyDude
Classless

Fighting the Man: http://www.examiner.com/binghamton-s...ce-car-updated

HappyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 05:32 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 1322
class act signing the stick for that kid, a lot of guys won't do stuff like that. This year I got to go to the Telus Skins Game, and this one kid (probably about 8) asked Johnathan Vegas for a signature, and he was just like "Oh, I'll get you later"

saskriders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 05:53 PM
Afro Thunder*

That video was pretty long, you could say it had stamina.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 05:56 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Super Condra!

MainDotC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 07:03 PM
itscameron

A Day in the Life of Backdoorpass:

http://video.senators.nhl.com/videoc...=769&id=137641

itscameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 07:17 PM
Afro Thunder*

http://video.senators.nhl.com/videoc...=769&id=137641

Konopka is ****ing hilarious, " we're here with Jerry Seinfeld" lol.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:02 PM
Neil Patrick Harris
Playoffs right MEOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by itscameron View Post

Neil Patrick Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:58 PM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Condra's video needs more Daugavins in it.

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 10:03 PM
JustinYS

vCash: 50
I really like these player videos. They should keep doing them. Kenopka is just hilarious haha

JustinYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:23 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Holy ****.

Peter Regin is so skinny.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:38 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Holy ****.

Peter Regin is so skinny.
Well, Sens website have him at 200lbs. Guess it's his height that makes him look skinny, he's 6'2''.

Emerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:42 PM
HebrewHammer
Pimpin' Puempel

Love that Condra video, I've been saying the Sens need to do behind the scenes stuff for years to engage the fans more, well done.

HebrewHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 08:50 AM
HappyDude
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by itscameron View Post
HAHAHAHAHHA its funny 'cause its true!

HappyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 09:52 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
I finally watched this. A few things...I'm not particularly pleased with the way he signed the kid's hockey stick. I think it would have been a little more appropriate to get out of the car and perhaps shake the kids hand and ask him a few questions. The way he signed that hockey stick is kind of like someone sitting down when shaking hands...it's just not proper. There could be any number of factors such as maybe it was a busy street, maybe he already signed 500 other sticks and was looking to get home, or perhaps he has little confidence in himself that he doesn't want to act like more than he projects himself to be.

He also made a point about getting to sleep after hockey games. I've always wondered this myself because it would seem to me that not only do they play till late at night but then they usually follow it up with a dinner. Figure in that with getting home and unwinding and that probably puts you to bed at 2 - 3 am. If that's the case, do hockey players typically waked up at noon so they've had ample sleep?

MainDotC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 11:05 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
I finally watched this. A few things...I'm not particularly pleased with the way he signed the kid's hockey stick. I think it would have been a little more appropriate to get out of the car and perhaps shake the kids hand and ask him a few questions. The way he signed that hockey stick is kind of like someone sitting down when shaking hands...it's just not proper. There could be any number of factors such as maybe it was a busy street, maybe he already signed 500 other sticks and was looking to get home, or perhaps he has little confidence in himself that he doesn't want to act like more than he projects himself to be.

He also made a point about getting to sleep after hockey games. I've always wondered this myself because it would seem to me that not only do they play till late at night but then they usually follow it up with a dinner. Figure in that with getting home and unwinding and that probably puts you to bed at 2 - 3 am. If that's the case, do hockey players typically waked up at noon so they've had ample sleep?
His actions for the kid I thought were very kind and he couldn't have been nicer tbh. Especially the gesture of allowing Daugavins as well to sign the stick.

They wake up at 8-9 get to the rink until 12 then go back to sleep until around 3-4. Some don't go back to sleep, some play games(Lehner, Petersson) some sleep less etc...

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:23 PM
Answer

If I was goin to bed after 3am and waking up around 7:30ish am, and going through a workout, skating etc.. then, finally getting a chance to take a nap in the afternoon, I'm pretty sure I'll sleep in and fail to show up to the game.

Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:26 PM
Answer

Daugavins seems a little out of shape to be a hockey player..

Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:26 PM
Smeddy
Intangibles

vCash: 177
I'm so jealous of their life...

Smeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:32 PM
jbeck5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer View Post
If I was goin to bed after 3am and waking up around 7:30ish am, and going through a workout, skating etc.. then, finally getting a chance to take a nap in the afternoon, I'm pretty sure I'll sleep in and fail to show up to the game.
Thank god they invented alarm clocks...

They get more sleep then you say however...their sleeping over night doesn't consist of just 4 hours of sleep...

A home game ends around 9:25...they're out of there a bit after 10-1030...they are home and finished eating by 12. They go to bed at around 130-2 and wake up at around 830-9. 7-8 hours plus a nap in the afternoon for 1-2 hours is plenty. Most of us could only dream of getting 8-10 hours of sleep in a day.

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:39 PM
HappyGilmour

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
His actions for the kid I thought were very kind and he couldn't have been nicer tbh. Especially the gesture of allowing Daugavins as well to sign the stick.

They wake up at 8-9 get to the rink until 12 then go back to sleep until around 3-4. Some don't go back to sleep, some play games(Lehner, Petersson) some sleep less etc...
Agreed.

Condra always shows up to play.

Old
11-29-2011, 09:37 AM
HappyGilmour

Quote:
Originally Posted by HebrewHammer View Post
Love that Condra video, I've been saying the Sens need to do behind the scenes stuff for years to engage the fans more, well done.
Agreed.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:21 PM
jbeck5

Dauggy looks like a stoner in the back seat who's rolling some js lol

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:38 PM
KA BLAMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
What? Are you serious? That's at the player's entrance/exit at SBP, where fans always line up and wait for autographs. Players always stop on their way out and sign autographs for fans that are there. Hell, even if one player is signing for fans, other players will park behind them and wait for their turn to sign autographs. They could just as easily peel out and ignore the fans all together. I'm not sure what more you want out of these guys.

KA BLAMO is online now   Reply With Quote