HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What gives NHL, why the disrespect to the Wild?

Old
12-15-2011, 11:55 PM
Dee Oh Cee

vCash: 500
One of the few firings that has actually worked so far.

Dee Oh Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:06 AM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Oh Cee View Post
One of the few firings that has actually worked so far.
That and, you know... Todd Richards.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:06 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

The NHL has done a 180 and now teams are realizing that coaches need to stress defense first. When Mike Green went down the Caps went to crap. Anaheim is still missing a puck mover on the back end as well. IMO they are worse off with Boudreau.

Jarick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 11:51 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
ASG's "attempts to sell the franchise" were never honest attempts. They wanted to sell the actual team, then evict them from the arena that they intended to continue to own, or sell to another unrelated party. It's not so much that they couldn't find a local buyer, they went to great lengths to ensure no one local would purchase the team. It's really not fair to say that the league tried to keep the team in Atlanta.
That's relatively close to what Bettman said. Paraphrasing; The (ASG) ownership group was completely non-cooperative in trying to keep the team in Atlanta.

The response from the Commish was a question from a Winnipeg Jets fan that was in attendance. His basic question was; "Why Atlanta and not the original Jets in Phoenix?"

Boiled down response; Phoenix situation was a lot more cooperative. The Atlanta situation was at a hostile dead end and had been going on longer than the Phoenix situation.

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 03:23 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1000
LOL WUT @ NHL.com.

Quote:
"Minneapolis Wild captain Mikko Koivu will miss Saturday's visit by the New York Islanders due to a leg injury."

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 03:58 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

vCash: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
LOL WUT @ NHL.com.

Epic fail.

Epic.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 04:39 PM
BigT2002

God I hate the NHL.com people

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 08:01 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Minnesota Wild Telling Winning Story Under Mike Yeo

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 05:26 AM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

The Xcel is in St. Paul
The capital of the state is St. Paul

Where would anyone get the idea that the Wild are from Minneapolis. Do these writers ever do a bit of research on a team before posting an article. I don't understand this at all

Randy BoBandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 07:28 AM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patp14 View Post
The Xcel is in St. Paul
The capital of the state is St. Paul

Where would anyone get the idea that the Wild are from Minneapolis. Do these writers ever do a bit of research on a team before posting an article. I don't understand this at all
Because St. Paul is a little less well known of the two, and the Twins, Vikings, and T'wimps are all in Minneapolis, and once upon a time there was a team in town called the Minneapolis Lakers.

Old
12-18-2011, 08:10 AM
Fighting Saint

Probably got confused with the whole "minny" thing.

Fighting Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 08:06 PM
tyratoku

I'm watching the Dallas/Anaheim game on Versus and in the pre-game talk some talking head started off by saying:

"This season has been full of surprises. When asked what team in the east has been most surprising, everyone's obvious answer would be Florida. In the West, it would be, without question, Dallas."

....Dallas has been more surprising than Minnesota? Dallas has made the playoffs in the last five years, no? Dallas hasn't drafted lower than us in the last 2-3 years, correct?

Who had, up until a few nights ago, held the #1 spot in the NHL for more than two weeks?

Some people.

I understand that it is a Dallas Stars game on TV, but...we just got completely ignored. It's just getting to the point that I question that everyone besides ESPN got some type of mass email from Bettman saying "IGNORE THE WILD", and ESPN is only left out because they're usually not a hockey-centered channel/website so Bettman decided to ignore them.

It's a conspiracy, I tell you!

tyratoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 09:14 PM
State of Hockey

Wild fans have waited 15 days longer for a playoff game than Stars fans.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 09:29 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

I say let em ignore us. We seem to do well this year when the media doesnt pay us any mind.

Old
01-05-2012, 12:45 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Very nice bump.

Saw that coming.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 01:13 AM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

Classless bump.

Old
01-05-2012, 02:17 AM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

1-6-3 in last 10, the definition of tanking.... a la Columbus Blue Jackets

WildisLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 09:59 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Now now. Lets not feed the trolls. It ends up coming out the other end and stinks up the joint.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

What gives, why the disrespect?

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Generic User
Generic Moderator

At this point, this thread has worn out its tread. IMO, at least.

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 11:46 AM
tyratoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
What gives, why the disrespect?
What is your vendetta against the Wild?

I don't understand why you bumped this thread in the first place, only to get that post deleted, only to post again, and you got that post deleted, and now you've got this one.

What's your beef? You're making yourself look foolish. It's not funny. It's not badass. What is the point?

Old
01-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
He's just angry about the fact that he chose to support the wrong team. Also, he's realizing that maybe, maybe Heatley was clever to leave Ottawa, and he may not to be the devil itself.

Also, he's just ****ing stupid.

Puhis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post

That was easy.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 12:18 AM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post

I don't understand why you bumped this thread in the first place, only to get that post deleted, only to post again, and you got that post deleted, and now you've got this one.

What's your beef? You're making yourself look foolish. It's not funny. It's not badass. What is the point?
I find it funny that you can post an opinion and people seem to get their panties in a knot. I bumped it because everything I said and got banned for came true. When you actually read what I posted the last few times on any other board it would have been fine. I will say something concerning the topic that disagrees with the "Homer". Even though it has legitimacy and even other members on this board agree with some of it it turns into a let's try and insult this guy for having an opposing view.

The question was "why the disrespect...." and I gave the exact reason. It happens every single season. Teams start hot and then fizzle when the rest of the league start getting in sink. I've followed his career since his rookie season and it wasn't until his last season in Ottawa that you could see his commitment to the team. It carried over to San Jose.

When you guys had Havlat I would come here and propose trades to bring him back to Ottawa because he was my favourite Sens Player when he was here. When you guys traded him for Heatley i just shook my head because I know the kind of player he is.

With a player with a history like his every where he starts he produces but when the going gets tough he can't adapt.

His last season in Ottawa when we were out of the playoffs if you watched the effort he put in so that he could record a 40 goal season it would make you sick. First half of the season he was floating once we were out of the playoff picture he busted his ass to get to at least 40 goals, only getting 39. Where was that effort ALL season? I'm just keeping it real with you guys who now have a 7.5 million dollar player for the next 2 season after this one.

I have nothing against the wild, i just hate Heatley and have an opinion based on his performance. I am happy that he left our team because with him our decline would have been slower. The optimism going into this season with the Sens was very low and that was what every writer was saying including the fans but our GM has done an amazing job in rebuild our team into a fun and competitive one in less than half a season.

Heatley on a bad team makes them better. Heatley on a good team makes the fans say "man, just think if we could move that contract"

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 12:44 AM
tyratoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
I find it funny that you can post an opinion and people seem to get their panties in a knot. I bumped it because everything I said and got banned for came true. When you actually read what I posted the last few times on any other board it would have been fine. I will say something concerning the topic that disagrees with the "Homer". Even though it has legitimacy and even other members on this board agree with some of it it turns into a let's try and insult this guy for having an opposing view.

The question was "why the disrespect...." and I gave the exact reason. It happens every single season. Teams start hot and then fizzle when the rest of the league start getting in sink. I've followed his career since his rookie season and it wasn't until his last season in Ottawa that you could see his commitment to the team. It carried over to San Jose.

When you guys had Havlat I would come here and propose trades to bring him back to Ottawa because he was my favourite Sens Player when he was here. When you guys traded him for Heatley i just shook my head because I know the kind of player he is.

With a player with a history like his every where he starts he produces but when the going gets tough he can't adapt.

His last season in Ottawa when we were out of the playoffs if you watched the effort he put in so that he could record a 40 goal season it would make you sick. First half of the season he was floating once we were out of the playoff picture he busted his ass to get to at least 40 goals, only getting 39. Where was that effort ALL season? I'm just keeping it real with you guys who now have a 7.5 million dollar player for the next 2 season after this one.

I have nothing against the wild, i just hate Heatley and have an opinion based on his performance. I am happy that he left our team because with him our decline would have been slower. The optimism going into this season with the Sens was very low and that was what every writer was saying including the fans but our GM has done an amazing job in rebuild our team into a fun and competitive one in less than half a season.

Heatley on a bad team makes them better. Heatley on a good team makes the fans say "man, just think if we could move that contract"
There was nothing wrong with what you did. I was just confused why you did it. There is just no reason for you to bump this thread up, other than for you to come in and say "Told you so!"

All of us Wild fans accept our position right now. We're a team that is not playing as well as they should and they have been and will more than likely continue to decline over the coming weeks. Earlier in the season when the Wild were doing well, they were being ignored by most of the media. The Wild' position deserves no media attention right now. That is why this thread was not on this thread for literally days or weeks before you bumped this. The content of this thread did not apply to the current status of this team or the NHL and had no business being a point of discussion anymore. That is why it was so confusing for you to bump this thread.

I just don't understand how you can hate a player so much that you continue your vendetta not only after the guy leaves, but after he has gone on to continue his career on not one other team but two. It is mind boggling how Ottawa fans have this odd obsession with this guy. It's borderline psychotic stalker, if you ask me. You hate entire teams because of one guy? That simply does not make sense. You have to understand how this becomes annoying and how we do not want that trash cluttering up our board.

What do you get out of coming to our board and insulting our team and making fun of Heatley's production?

Heatley is still playing better than Havlat was and better than Havlat would be playing. Most Wild fans are happy with what Heatley brings to the table. Is he worth his money? Probably not. But what would we be spending that money on? We have plenty of cap room right now. We have plenty of cap room next season. We are not in a bind because of Heatley. We are far from it.

You, or any other Ottawa fan, or any fan of any other team for that matter, coming to this board simply to make fun of our team is useless. It does nothing for you, it does nothing for us. It makes you look stupid for caring so much, it makes our board look cluttered and offensive and could scare off potential users. Is that what you want? Because that does not make sense.

I read through your post three times to try to wrap my head around your logic. I simply cannot. You say "I told you so! I can see the future" and then go on to rag on Heatley, and finish off by talking about how Ottawa is a great organization? Just what does this contribute to this discussion? Absolutely nothing.

You might get your ***** and giggles out of it, but in reality it does nothing.

That is why many on this board got mad. It was not at you. It was at the content of your posts and the context you placed it in. You tried to shift blame to our mods for getting rid of your posts and you, but you fail to mention that there was no reason for you to post what you did. You blame everyone but yourself for what happened, and it is simply hilarious.

We are not happy with this team's current position.
We are happy with the lack of media attention this team is getting. They deserve nothing right now.
We are happy with what Heatley brings to the table relative to what Havlat did in his stint here. Heatley's working out the kinks with Koivu and I have no doubt that they will heat up in the coming weeks. Hopefully that helps the rest of the team get out of their slump.

Good luck with your all star game though. Congrats on managing to get all your guys in. That should be fun to watch.