HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

2011 Redskins Tank Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2011, 03:39 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

vCash: 500
2011 Redskins Tank Thread

they suck

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=995861

11-20-2011, 03:42 PM
Langway
Intangibles

A most satisfying loss.

Old
Capitlols

I will say I was pleasantly surprised by their performance. Thought they'd be blown out.

Old
Francesa
ლ(๏‿๏ ◝ლ)

http://twitter.com/LukeRussert/statu...71639837605891
Quote:
#Redskins lose 6 in a row for first time since '98. Was that the last year of "In Gus we trust" ?
Not even Zorn or Spurrier stooped that low.

Old
11-20-2011, 03:45 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Those 5 yds the skins saved Dallas by calling time made that fg good. So funny.

Old
11-20-2011, 03:46 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Watching the Redskins is like rubbing your eyes with salty sandpaper. I still have no faith in them pulling off a proper rebuild. This could easily be for nothing.

11-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Berakos

I'm trying to understand the play **** when gano was about to kick the field goal, they froze him twice there.

Old
11-20-2011, 04:11 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

Gano is terrible. Why is he still on the roster?

Old
11-20-2011, 04:14 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Watching the Redskins is like rubbing your eyes with salty sandpaper.
Watching them lose that game to Dallas the day after watching Caps get demolished by Leafs is like using the same salty sandpaper to clean out one's eurethra.

Old
11-20-2011, 04:20 PM
Capitlols

Semi-good news, two teams that may draft a QB both won. Cleveland and Miami that is.

Old
11-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
A most satisfying loss.
Well said. Happy to see us drop to 3-7 for draft purposes....never like losing the Cowboys, but whatever.

So Minnesota, Carolina, St Louis, and the Colts have less wins. Hopefully StL wins today.

Was disappointing to see the Vikings comeback run out of time, and Panthers blowing the lead. Oh well...

Old
11-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
Well said. Happy to see us drop to 3-7 for draft purposes....never like losing the Cowboys, but whatever.

So Minnesota, Carolina, St Louis, and the Colts have less wins. Hopefully StL wins today.

Was disappointing to see the Vikings comeback run out of time, and Panthers blowing the lead. Oh well...
Its better that Seattle wins.

Old
11-20-2011, 05:10 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
Those 5 yds the skins saved Dallas by calling time made that fg good. So funny.
Exactly right. Dallas was headed for Delay of Game flag. And really the refs could still have flagged Romo for signaling TO when his team didnt have any. I know he was trying to alert them that WE were signaling TO, but i think it's still a penalty. So much stupidity.

Old
11-21-2011, 07:38 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

I'm more concerned with the fact that the key cogs to us looking decent weren't parts that we should expect to see around here past a season or two.

Is Stallworth catching a pass from Grossman in the endzone a good sign for the Redskins future? Is David Anderson catching a 25 yarder a great thing? Gaffney having a career day, and so forth.

Where's the youth succeeding or getting playing time?

Old
11-21-2011, 07:48 AM
tmljeh19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
I'm more concerned with the fact that the key cogs to us looking decent weren't parts that we should expect to see around here past a season or two.

Is Stallworth catching a pass from Grossman in the endzone a good sign for the Redskins future? Is David Anderson catching a 25 yarder a great thing? Gaffney having a career day, and so forth.

They are hurt. Paul should be back soon though.

Old
11-21-2011, 08:29 AM
EYEuhFRAYtee

Looks like T. Williams has MCL damage, going for an MRI today.

Old
11-21-2011, 09:07 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyerlaw View Post
Because the roster is filled with terrible players.

Old
11-21-2011, 09:11 AM
Robert Theodorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appreci8 View Post
Semi-good news, two teams that may draft a QB both won. Cleveland and Miami that is.
Cleveland will most likely end at 7-9 or 6-10, they won't have a top pick. Although their organization has been a joke for X amount of years at least they find ways to win.

Old
11-21-2011, 09:38 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Old
11-21-2011, 10:07 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
I question the Shanahan's ability to select a QB. If they dont like 1 guy and bypass them in the draft like a Gabbert, I understand. But when you think a well past his prime McNabb is worth some 2's, or that Beck is the best of a draft class, or Rex is the best vet for us, I just have little faith in their vision for a QB.

I fear the QB he eventually will be forced to draft, will fit a particular need he is fixated on, and not take the best QB for the organizaiton. He will draft a QB that he thinks is good for his offense. His offense from 10+ years ago, probably not even Kyle's. Not to mention Mike and Kyle will probably be canned before he matures, and the new regime won't like the shanny friendly QB I suspect they may take a reach on.

I still think taking a QB in the past draft was already a year overdue.

Old
11-21-2011, 10:48 AM
tmljeh19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I question the Shanahan's ability to select a QB. If they dont like 1 guy and bypass them in the draft like a Gabbert, I understand. But when you think a well past his prime McNabb is worth some 2's, or that Beck is the best of a draft class, or Rex is the best vet for us, I just have little faith in their vision for a QB.

I fear the QB he eventually will be forced to draft, will fit a particular need he is fixated on, and not take the best QB for the organizaiton. He will draft a QB that he thinks is good for his offense. His offense from 10+ years ago, probably not even Kyle's. Not to mention Mike and Kyle will probably be canned before he matures, and the new regime won't like the shanny friendly QB I suspect they may take a reach on.

I still think taking a QB in the past draft was already a year overdue.
What get should he have gotten? Vince Young who didn't even think about another team except the Eagles? Matt Hasselbeck who is 35 and won't be around much longer. Trade some 1sts for Palmer? Everyone likes to be the armchair GM yet fails to metion this magical plethora of young franchise QBs that he failed to choose or young ZBS OL that we failed to sign.

He admitted he was wrong with what he thought #5 would bring here. I give him mad props for benching him and trading him and not forcing him down our throats to try to make it work to make himself look better. We will be picking in here top 5 which will give us a shot at Luck, RG III and Barkley. Those three alone are great fits for this offense.

Again do not get why people keep saying that him drafting a QB who fits his system is a bad thing. He wants a QB that can move outside the pocket, has an above average arm and is smart with the ball. You think we should just take a QB even he doesn't have those skills?

Old
11-21-2011, 11:09 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
We should taken the best available young QB in the top 4-5 rounds with one of our many picks, if not move up. We are rebuilding, simply put, you need a young QB. I now give them a one year waiver on McNubb, Shanahan may have taken the job hinged upon taking Snyder's guy for all I know. But we didnt draft one last year. I think its a mistake to keep putting off trying.

Even if it didn't work out, I would have liked to see Shanahan burn a pick on any of these guys.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/tracke...dt-by-position

All the GM's of those teams saw enough to blow a pick. Is only Shanny right, that none of those guys had a chance? I doubt it. He liked Rex and Beck. Yep, in italics. I rest my case.

Very simple. now we are stuck with those 2 castoffs, with zero chance to groom a possible QB of the future in what is now another wasted year from a QB development standpoint.

Last edited by RandyHolt: 11-21-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old
11-21-2011, 11:10 AM
tycoonheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post

I guess you didn't watch Perry Riley, Kerrigan and Gomes?

On offense, they are decimated. Hank is done, Trent is likely done now. Paul is injured. Mo Hurt is hurt.

Old
11-23-2011, 10:46 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyerlaw View Post
he's a big reason why the kick coverage is so good.

The kid is young and has a strong leg. With most kickers its a mental think and both FG he missed were not gimmies.

I think they need to keep him and work with him. Janikowski was wildly inaccurate at times early in his career and has gotten better over time in that regard.

Hopefully the Colts keep losing and end up with the top pick ...there is no way they are picking Luck as they HAVE to keep Manning (or cut him outright which would be a PR disaster). So they will trade the pick and the Skins should be all over that.

We have not had a top notch QB in ..like ever??? The last 20 years have been particulary bad. Time for that to change.

Old
11-23-2011, 11:17 AM
Duke33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
he's a big reason why the kick coverage is so good.

The kid is young and has a strong leg. With most kickers its a mental think and both FG he missed were not gimmies.

I think they need to keep him and work with him. Janikowski was wildly inaccurate at times early in his career and has gotten better over time in that regard.

Hopefully the Colts keep losing and end up with the top pick ...there is no way they are picking Luck as they HAVE to keep Manning (or cut him outright which would be a PR disaster). So they will trade the pick and the Skins should be all over that.

We have not had a top notch QB in ..like ever??? The last 20 years have been particulary bad. Time for that to change.
Was listening to Feinstein a while ago on 106.7. He and Wise, etc. all agreed that even if they draft Luck, are they going to draft five o-lineman as well? There are so many things wrong with this train wreck right now it's useless to think they'll draft a QB and everything will be fine next season. Besides, QBs are hit and miss. He brought up Leaf from a few years back, people were talking about him just like Luck now. Leaf was supposed to be better than Manning, etc. and whatever happened to him?

Boswell's article from a week or two ago had one phrase in there that describes the Redskins perfectly. A shattered franchise.

Closed Thread