HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

11/21/11 "Brodeurable" Devils VS Panthers

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2011, 05:56 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
11/21/11 "Brodeurable" Devils VS Panthers

HAPPY MOVEMBER!

Your Florida Panthers take on the New Jersey Devils! Game time at 7:30 live from Bank Atlantic Center!

Marty has endured a lot, but can he endure the new-look Panthers?

TV: Live on on FSN Florida and Center Ice.
Radio: Listen Live on NHL Gamecenter

VS

Standings
Florida:
Wins Losses OTL/SOL Total Points
10 6 3 23

New Jersey:
Wins Losses OTL/SOL Total Points
1071 21

Injuries
New Jersey:
Player Date Of Incident Status Injury
Travis Zajac 2011-09-19 on injured reserve and is out indefinitely left Achilles surgery
Eric Boulton 2011-10-22 on injured reserve sore right hand
Jacob Josefson 2011-10-22 on injured reserve and is expected to miss 3-4 months right clavicle surgery

Florida:
Player Date Of Incident Status Injury
Mikael Samuelsson 2011-10-29 on injured reserve groin
Scottie Upshall 2011-11-11 on injured reserve upper body
Matt Bradley 2011-11-16 on injured reserve and is out indefinitely upper body
Scott Clemmensen 2011-11-20 expected to be available for Monday's game against New Jersey knee
Marcel Goc 2011-11-20 questionable for Monday's game against New Jersey upper body

Line Combinations
New Jersey:
LW C RW
Zach Parise Adam Henrique Ilya Kovalchuk
Petr Sykora Patrik EliasDainius Zubrus
Mattias TedenbyRyan CarterDavid Clarkson
Rod PelleyBrad MillsCam Janssen

LDRD
Andy GreeneAdam Larsson
Henrik TallinderMark Fayne
Bryce SalvadorAnton Volchenkov

Florida:
LW C RW
Tomas FleischmannStephen WeissKris Versteeg
Sean BergenheimTomas KopeckyEvgenii Dadonov
Marco SturmMike SantorelliJack Skille
Shawn MatthiasTim KennedyMichal Repik

LDRD
Brian CampbellJason Garrison
Keaton EllerbyEd Jovanovski
Mike WeaverDmitry Kulikov

Expected Starting Goaltenders
New Jersey:
Martin Brodeur
GP W L OTL GAA SV% SO
84 3 0 2.88 .888 0

VS.

Florida:
Jose Theodore
GP W L OTL GAA SV% SO
147 4 2 2.46 .923 1

Team Leaders
New Jersey:
W Johan Hedberg 6
L Johan Hedberg 4
GAA Johan Hedberg 2.45
G Patrik Elias 8
A Patrik Elias 10
+/- Mark Fayne 2
PIM David Clarkson 41

Florida:
W Jose Theodore 7
L Jose Theodore 4
GAA Scott Clemmensen 0.00
G Kris Versteeg 9
A Brian Campbell 16
+/- Tomas Fleischmann 11
PIM Erik Gudbranson 26

Special Teams
New Jersey:
PP%PP RankPK%PK Rank
13.4%26th92.8%1st

Florida:
PP%PP RankPK%PK Rank
21.0%6th81.1%17th

News And Notes
Quote:
“I DON'T THINK OUR FANS EVER GET CHEATED HERE AT HOME. WE ALWAYS MAKE IT ENTERTAINING.”
- Coach Kevin Dineen, after Florida's 3-2 win over Pittsburgh.
George Richards' Blog of the Miami Herald:Your Source For Reliable, Early Panthers Info!

Primary Target

Ryan Carter, former Panther who was put on waivers and picked up by the Devils. He was one of the few players to start the season with the Cats this year who failed to make a positive impact. Will he try to take revenge against his old team or just play like his old self?

Red Hot Cat Of The Night

Stephen Weiss, who has 6 points in his last 3 games with the game winning goal last game.

Last Game VS. Devils

Last Game Played

LET'S GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?

Last edited by Panthers Rock: 11-21-2011 at 09:34 AM. Reason: fail image, lines have changed for Panthers
Old
11-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Jeff Shafer
Established: 1987

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Shafer
This could be a really huge home stand for us, I'm looking forward to this game.

Old
11-20-2011, 06:14 PM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

so I dont wanna break any thread rules or anything, but i wasnt done discussing the idea of moving flash to the second line. the more i think about it the more i might like line combos like this.

kopecky-weiss-versteeg
flash-santorelli-dadanov

kopecky and dadanov are the only two players that are probably good enough to play on that first line, i think id rather see kopecky because that line isnt that fast to begin with, kopecky wont change that. there would be a whole lot more speed on the 2nd line this way. but im also ok with leaving the first line alone and mixing and matching on the 2nd. i dont think sturm belongs on the 2nd though. he hasnt really shown me much to think he belongs on the 2nd.

Old
11-20-2011, 06:36 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Panther View Post
so I dont wanna break any thread rules or anything, but i wasnt done discussing the idea of moving flash to the second line. the more i think about it the more i might like line combos like this.

kopecky-weiss-versteeg
flash-santorelli-dadanov

kopecky and dadanov are the only two players that are probably good enough to play on that first line, i think id rather see kopecky because that line isnt that fast to begin with, kopecky wont change that. there would be a whole lot more speed on the 2nd line this way. but im also ok with leaving the first line alone and mixing and matching on the 2nd. i dont think sturm belongs on the 2nd though. he hasnt really shown me much to think he belongs on the 2nd.
Honestly, no offense, but this is dumb. Why on earth break up our best line, especially when we are winning?!?!

Lets not get greedy here. I was taught you don't mess with a good thing.

Old
11-20-2011, 06:43 PM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR View Post
Honestly, no offense, but this is dumb. Why on earth break up our best line, especially when we are winning?!?!

it wasnt my idea, we're just discussing it. and its only a bad idea if it doesnt work. it very well may work

Old
11-20-2011, 06:45 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
it wasnt my idea, we're just discussing it. and its only a bad idea if it doesnt work. it very well may work
Sorry if I offended.

It may very well work, but what we are doing is working, thats my idea. When we stop scoring and start losing I may warm up to the idea, but not right now.

Old
11-20-2011, 06:46 PM
RainingRats

Quote:

It isn't dumb at all. Weiss and Versteeg are no slouches and should still produce plenty of offense. Kopecky is good enough to play with them but not as good as Flash.

We NEED more scoring from other lines. Against an EC team is probably not the best time to experiment but Dineen has to try something to get the other lines going.

Whose to say Flash and Santo and Dads don't have great chemistry? That's a skilled line.

PP combos wouldn't change.

Old
11-20-2011, 06:49 PM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

Quote:
Sorry if I offended.

It may very well work, but what we are doing is working, thats my idea. When we stop scoring and start losing I may warm up to the idea, but not right now.
i wasnt offended, so no worries. but youre right in that the first line is doing well. but youre missing that the 2nd line is underperforming for a 2nd line. somethings got to be done to get them scoring.

Old
11-20-2011, 06:53 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
It isn't dumb at all. Weiss and Versteeg are no slouches and should still produce plenty of offense. Kopecky is good enough to play with them but not as good as Flash.

We NEED more scoring from other lines. Against an EC team is probably not the best time to experiment but Dineen has to try something to get the other lines going.

Whose to say Flash and Santo and Dads don't have great chemistry? That's a skilled line.

PP combos wouldn't change.
They very well could be. But right now we have one of the BEST lines in the NHL going for us.

Whats to say Santo just doesn't step it up on his own? Its not like he is playing poorly right now. He is at a point every other game this month, without playing the first month, so its understandable if he is a step behind others right now.

Personally, I'd rather just juggle with the bottom 3 lines. I wouldn't mind seeing Matthias up with Santo & Daddy. Matthias needs to be given a little more trust in the coaching staff IMO. His play this year is solid on limited minutes.
If anything I'd like to see him have a bone thrown his way.

Old
11-20-2011, 06:54 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

We also have a major 2nd line shake-up waiting in the wings once Samuelson is ready to go

Old
11-20-2011, 07:01 PM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

im not really saying this should be done, just that it might not be a bad idea. but im fine with shaking up the bottom 3 lines too. id try dadanov santorelli repik. might be a fast skilled line

Old
11-20-2011, 07:16 PM
RainingRats

I guess there's no harm in shaking up the bottom three lines since they're not producing. I just don't have much faith in them. I guess the safe way to go is mix them up but I think there are a lot of players who are offensively challenged. The infusion of real talent could push borderline guys like Kopecky, Santo, and Dads over the top.

Old
11-20-2011, 07:22 PM
kovultrick

hey uh ryan carter had a primary assist on the first goal and an unassisted goal against the lightning, just saying i like what i see from him so far, any other info on him besides he sucks? wasnt he only around for a cup of coffee?

Old
11-20-2011, 07:24 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckling View Post
hey uh ryan carter had a primary assist on the first goal and an unassisted goal against the lightning, just saying i like what i see from him so far, any other info on him besides he sucks? wasnt he only around for a cup of coffee?
last year he was a VERY good 4th liner, then this year he didnt even look like the AHL was for him.

Old
11-20-2011, 07:36 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

If Dineen breaks up the first line, he's insane.

You don't break something that's working well to fix something that isn't. The team is #9 in the league in scoring... and that line is a major reason why. That line is producing at an All Star level. You ride that.

Old
11-20-2011, 07:51 PM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
If Dineen breaks up the first line, he's insane.

You don't break something that's working well to fix something that isn't. The team is #9 in the league in scoring... and that line is a major reason why. That line is producing at an All Star level. You ride that.
desperate times call for desperate measures. but sitting in first ( damn that sounds good ) is far from desperate, so im totally ok with them not doing it. were just talking here, nothing more.

Old
11-20-2011, 08:30 PM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Let's go Panthers! Get those last 2 points to complete this set. A winning streak would be awesome!

Old
11-20-2011, 09:02 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
im not really saying this should be done, just that it might not be a bad idea. but im fine with shaking up the bottom 3 lines too. id try dadanov santorelli repik. might be a fast skilled line
that could potentially be the softest, least physical, worst defensive line in the NHL if that happens

not trying to criticize at all, just saying that all 3 have defensive shortcomings to a point, and certainly have tons of skill and might be good on the PP, but not at the NHL level against the type of players they'd be facing IMO.

Old
11-20-2011, 09:23 PM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Devs are 4-1 in the shootout. Don't wanna take it there.

Old
11-20-2011, 10:07 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Lols! I didnt know the panthers play at the american airlines arena in downtown miami? GDT Pic

Old
11-20-2011, 10:32 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
Lols! I didnt know the panthers play at the american airlines arena in downtown miami? GDT Pic
Crap It's fixed now, the image was even named as bank atlantic center, that's what I get for going through my template too fast. Sigh.

Old
11-20-2011, 10:50 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

From Sentinel: Why kulikov and Repik may have an extra special motive tomorrow:

"The two years of experience behind me is probably it,'' Panthers defenseman Dmitry Kulikov said was the main reason for his blossoming two-way game. "You've got more freedom to do what you want on the ice. You feel if you make a mistake you can make up for it on the next shift.

"With Pete, it's one mistake and you're like shaking for the rest of the game.''
Panthers forward Michal Repik played 55 games in three seasons for DeBoer while being shuttled back and forth from Rochester, then their AHL affiliate.

"Last year I came here from the farm team to make an impression,'' Repik said. "To go out there you are scared to play; that's not the right thing for us.
"Obviously, you'll be tight anyway but you want to be relaxed. I hoped if you made a bad play you don't get yelled at and the coach will help pick you up and give you confidence, too.''

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...,2879970.story

Last edited by adam graves: 11-20-2011 at 11:05 PM. Reason: add link
Old
11-20-2011, 11:39 PM
zeroG

couple of things i saw from the last game and didn't get a chance to comment on:

matthias needs to playing with better guys. this should be obvious. we had a sense that he'd be a force down low once he filled in but every game or two now, i see flashes of brilliance. the kid's got good hands and very good vision. if he were centering a 2nd line, he'd have 15 points by now.

weiss is showing a dimension we haven't really had a chance to see yet. 2nd line center on every other team in the league???? he's on a PPG pace. with nearly as many blocks as all our Dmen. gotta love the guy. so crafty. should be wearing the C.

ellerby's looking more and more confident. approaching where he was at his higher points last year. i'd like to see him getting more of weaver's minutes.

Old
11-20-2011, 11:46 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
couple of things i saw from the last game and didn't get a chance to comment on:

matthias needs to playing with better guys. this should be obvious. we had a sense that he'd be a force down low once he filled in but every game or two now, i see flashes of brilliance. the kid's got good hands and very good vision. if he were centering a 2nd line, he'd have 15 points by now.

weiss is showing a dimension we haven't really had a chance to see yet. 2nd line center on every other team in the league???? he's on a PPG pace. with nearly as many blocks as all our Dmen. gotta love the guy. so crafty. should be wearing the C.

ellerby's looking more and more confident. approaching where he was at his higher points last year. i'd like to see him getting more of weaver's minutes.
Just wait until Gudbranson feels as comfortable as Ellerby!

I think Matthias and Bergenheim should be playing together. They both have the full of effort, never quit, move forward type of game.

Old
11-20-2011, 11:51 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

...and I don't wanna read any further anything about breaking up the first line!

Closed Thread