HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Injury Talk 2.0: Markov out 3+ weeks (minor surgery) Campoli & Spacek practicing

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2011, 02:21 PM
Maliki2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
As devastating as Bergeron, Koivu and Lemieux's maladies were, none of them were entirely tactile, physical injuries which are unpredictable and reoccuring. If Markov can't even practice without reinjuring his knee and requiring surgery to 'clean up debris'...imagine what will happen to him in a game?

He might as well retire. Subban is our number 1 dman at age 22. Or, Gorges (a good, very hard-working player but no more than a number 4 on a good team) is our number 1. Well done Pierre.
Markov won't last more than 10 games if he even comes back at all. You can book that. The first few times he takes a hit that will be it. Like I said if he even comes back. Anyone thinking that everything is ok, is just blinded by the fact that Markov WAS a great player, years ago. He will never be the same. Move on. Times come and gone.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:22 PM
habitue*

Markov should NEVER had been re-signed.

What a waste of cap space and money !

Old
12-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
So what you are telling me is that you want Gauthier to trade assets to fill holes like you said early, but that when he does, you'll get mad at him. Gotchya!
Sorry Andy.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Craig71

Can Gomez play D?

Old
12-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Sorry Andy.
You don't need to apologize. Everything is crystal clear on your part. You'll blame when he doesn't and blame when he does.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I know Hammer is having an awful season but who knows how he would have done had he stayed here. Gambling on Markov made sense but losing Hamrlik hurt. Emelin has the potential to be better than the old Hammer, but he's inexperienced right now.

What is also hurting is how poor PK's shot has been.
Yeah Hammer had a niche here and looks like he's struggling to find that in Washington.

About PK I don't think it's his shot so much that sucks it's his decision making. He's stubborn as a mule out there thinking that one of these days one of those big telegraphed wind-ups will end up going in. He needs to be much more imaginative with the puck on the PP. Sometimes a simple wrist shot that gets through is a lot more dangerous than a blocked 100mph slapshot. Also needs to learn to use that cross pass to the far winger for the one timer. Habs scored tons of goals like that over the last few years on the PP. You never see it anymore. And what happened to him rushing in deep with the puck?

Old
12-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Yeah I don't expect Markov to be back until mid January at the earliest but this is the 3rd set back he has had in his attempt to return and it is now 12 months and counting.
Not good news.
And three months after that. Oh wait maybe another setback then 6 months after that, and four more months for rehab...but then we gotta be careful. This whole thing sounds like such a farce. The Habs got screwed on this whole contract. People are just thinking about how Markov used to play.

So where are all the people that were claiming we would be so much better when Markov came back this season? Yeah thats what I thought. Hiding.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Young Gun

For **** sake, i wish he would just disappear from this team. What a ****in mess his signing as put this team in. Could have signed a couple of decent tough d-men instead
of him.
I'm losing total interest in this team after all the years of watching them. LA, whip
there ass real bad for me tonight !!!

Old
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Did I blink and miss Markov's season?

Old
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Markov won't last more than 10 games if he even comes back at all. You can book that. The first few times he takes a hit that will be it. Like I said if he even comes back. Anyone thinking that everything is ok, is just blinded by the fact that Markov WAS a great player, years ago. He will never be the same. Move on. Times come and gone.
Are you Dr. Recchi?

At this point I'm expecting nothing out of Markov. If I was to put money down I'd say he retires by the end of the year. I also am sick of getting my hopes up.

But anything can happen. Injuries are not nearly as predictable as everyone wants to assume. Nobody knew what was going to happen with Markov, it was worth the gamble. The Markov contract itself will only hurt Molson.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:28 PM
JackZap

sign MAB

Old
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
You don't need to apologize. Everything is crystal clear on your part. You'll blame when he doesn't and blame when he does.
no , i'm just tired of trying to make you understand .

Sorry.

Old
GordonGraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Why not? It's not like it's unheard of.

Consider the cases we have of players who came back after really long-term absences. Patrice Bergeron. Saku Koivu. Even Mario Lemieux (proportionately of course!). All very cerebral players who missed a very long period of time on very debilitating injuries, and yet came back near their previous level.

It might not be immediate, but there's certainly reason to believe Markov will recover even from a long absence.
None of those guys were 33 years old , Markov will have missed 35 games this year, 75 last year and 37 the year before that, he will be like a player coming out of retirement, some guys miss a couple of weeks of training camp and they need months just to make that up Mr Markov wont be 100% till at least next season

Last edited by GordonGraham: 12-03-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
For **** sake, i wish he would just disappear from this team. What a ****in mess his signing as put this team in. Could have signed a couple of decent tough d-men instead
of him.
I'm losing total interest in this team after all the years of watching them. LA, whip
there ass real bad for me tonight !!!
I would have fired PG is I was Molson after this latest announcement.

Old
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
If Markov was any kind of professional he would just retire. This whole story, is full of **** and stinks of misinformation. Markov is done everyone. If you can't see this, your on the same bus that thought Koivu would never be traded. Time to move on. We got hosed on this contract (another), if this isn;t the dagger that sacks both PG and JM I don't know what will.
I tend to agree with this. I used to have some hope but now things just look grim. And even if he does come back i think we pretty much all know that he won't be the same. You can clearly see on the videos where he his skating that his stride look stiff and not that fluid. One of Markov strength was his mobility and it may be reduced by quite a bit after all these injuries and surgeries. Hopefully i'm wrong but for some reason i don't think i am.

Wouldn't surprise me if he actually retired in 2012. It sucks but i don't think we should expect a miracle.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:29 PM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Did I blink and miss Markov's season?
You blinked and missed it last season (7 games). Or blinked twice and missed it the season before that (45).

He didn't have a season this year, and doubt he will.

Old
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
no , i'm just tired of trying to make you understand .

Sorry.
I understand, you've made your position crystal clear.

Old

Dr. Recchi should have done the surgery instead of Dr. Andrews.

Old
Maliki2

Quote:
Are you Dr. Recchi?

At this point I'm expecting nothing out of Markov. If I was to put money down I'd say he retires by the end of the year. I also am sick of getting my hopes up.

But anything can happen. Injuries are not nearly as predictable as everyone wants to assume. Nobody knew what was going to happen with Markov, it was worth the gamble. The Markov contract itself will only hurt Molson.
I'm not Recchi. But I'm making a diagnostic assumption that is as good as our PROFESSIONAL doctors that claimed he would be back at the beginning of the season. At this point its anyones guess. But I would assume that he won't play the rest of the season. The minimum 3 week comment is a total joke. Take off the rose colored shades. Jesus people. Hes done...face it.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:32 PM
FeelsLike93

Lot of tension in the forum all of a sudden... anyway like someone else said i have no interest in watching this team anymore this season i love my team but when there playing under Martin they look uninteressted and when they arent interessted im not either

Old
Dekar

When he does finally come back, he won't take too long to make people forget about the painful wait we had to go through to get him back, and the rest of his contract will be everyone looking back and saying that everyone else overreacted when in fact there were only a select few who didn't.

Old
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
I know Hammer is having an awful season but who knows how he would have done had he stayed here. Gambling on Markov made sense but losing Hamrlik hurt. Emelin has the potential to be better than the old Hammer, but he's inexperienced right now.

What is also hurting is how poor PK's shot has been.
Don't you agree that the cure for "inexperienced" is to give Emelin more experience?

Not a 2nd D for a vet please. Not even Gill, and one of Diaz/Weber has to go. Markov very possiblly won't play this season, we have to accept that but not panic. Fire PG for the contract, while firing Martin

Old
Canadian_Brewtality

PPL who say he is done= LOL

but it is worrisome. Im still optimistic.

Old
Et le But

Quote:
I'm not Recchi. But I'm making a diagnostic assumption that is as good as our PROFESSIONAL doctors that claimed he would be back at the beginning of the season. At this point its anyones guess. But I would assume that he won't play the rest of the season. The minimum 3 week comment is a total joke. Take off the rose colored shades. Jesus people. Hes done...face it.

Nobody said he would be back at the beginning of the season, there was hope but since day one the diagnosis was that it could take up to a year. This is very concerning right now but anything before December was always going to be a bonus.

Personally I gave him until the end of the year. At this point I'm giving up.

Old
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
I understand, you've made your position crystal clear.
at some point ,you got to cut your loss.

"If" as you say Habs will make a trade to replace Markov again?
Well there goes more draft picks.

Let's be honest 3 second round picks , one 3rd round pick , and a 5th, would buy you more than Markov would get you in a TRADE.....

So ,i say stop the insanity.....

Closed Thread