HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Radek Faksa (2012, 13th overall, Dallas)

Old
11-26-2011, 10:38 PM
bsmith14

vCash: 500
if he is the BPA when the Oilers are picking then I am def down for a big center to play behind RNH

bsmith14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 11:08 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith14 View Post
if he is the BPA when the Oilers are picking then I am def down for a big center to play behind RNH
RNH
Faksa
Gagner

Would be unreal in the future. But I hope the Leafs get him I think he would be a good center for Kessel in the future. Depends how Colborne (who is looking great) pans out.

Kulemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Kulemon

Faksa has another goal so far tonight through 1. What a beauty. Split the defense and broke it and sniped it home.

Old
11-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Torgo

I've been pretty impressed with him thus far. He got off to a modest start point-wise, but now he's really heating up.

Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 10:38 AM
The Brewmeister
#Winning.

Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
Alright boys, let get this guy a little bit more respect. Start the hype train!

Perfect guy for a #1 centre. Rookie year in the OHL and he has 33 pts in 31 games.

The Brewmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 10:45 AM
zorz

As far as I know he played the WJC on the 4th line with Tomas Hyka and Lukas Sedlak. Also scored a goal against Denmark and against Slovakia. I think he looked pretty good. He's still eligible for the next 2 WJC's.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 01:08 PM
ccgg

Does he has first line potential/upside ?

Last edited by ccgg: 02-07-2012 at 01:15 PM.
ccgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 01:16 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgg View Post
Top 6 upside for sure. Kid's a very good player. Can't wait to see him in the NHL one day.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgg View Post
I think so. 30 goals 70 point upside. Maybe a bit more if everything works out. At very least he should be good for 55-60 points while having an excellent two way game

Old
02-07-2012, 01:31 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
:/ I don't know...in my experiences with draft busts that the Ducks have gone with...well...this guy screams bust.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Nullus Reverentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
:/ I don't know...in my experiences with draft busts that the Ducks have gone with...well...this guy screams bust.
How so? I don't really agree with the high ratings and I think he's more like a bottom first round pick but he screams safe pick to me.

Nullus Reverentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 02:10 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet of Glennie View Post
How so? I don't really agree with the high ratings and I think he's more like a bottom first round pick but he screams safe pick to me.
Guy who comes out of nowhere and is ranked 4th in north american rankings while having less than fantastic stats. I don't know. Just a gut feeling that he never plays an NHL game. I'm probably wrong though. Don't mind me

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 02:39 PM
umwoz

He could see a Scheifele type of rise on draft day. Not to say that Scheifele was an amazing pick at that spot but if a team at 6-10 wants a center rather than one of the awesome defensemen in this draft him and Gaunce both could see a rise.

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 02:47 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
Guy who comes out of nowhere and is ranked 4th in north american rankings while having less than fantastic stats. I don't know. Just a gut feeling that he never plays an NHL game. I'm probably wrong though. Don't mind me
Strange. I have watched most of his games since he came to Kitchener do I dont really understand where your coming from at all. Kid is big and plays hard at both ends of the ice and has good work ethic and a high hockey iq and vision. Also gritty and protects the puck and works it down low well. Also a very good skater.

As for his stats he is playing with mediocre at best talent on kitchener's second line. He has still arguabley been the rangers best player this season. I think I anything he is a sure bet NHL player.

Old
02-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Nullus Reverentia

Quote:
He's a very strong defensive player and has a physical element. He's similar to Landeskog except more offensively oriented. If Murphy isn't back next year and his English gets better, he could possibly be Kitcheners captain as well (Not a front runner though). He's a safe pick because at the least he should be a top 9 forward who can play PK and fill in offensively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Strange. I have watched most of his games since he came to Kitchener do I dont really understand where your coming from at all. Kid is big and plays hard at both ends of the ice and has good work ethic and a high hockey iq and vision. Also gritty and protects the puck and works it down low well. Also a very good skater.

As for his stats he is playing with mediocre at best talent on kitchener's second line. He has still arguabley been the rangers best player this season. I think I anything he is a sure bet NHL player.
Rieder's been better but he's a close second on forwards.

Last edited by Nullus Reverentia: 02-07-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old
02-07-2012, 05:05 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Looked like dog **** compared to Hertl at the U20s.

Just one tournament, I know. Still, worth mentioning.

02-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

I really don't see why he isn't considered high in the draft rankings in alot of fan rankings.

He may not be the biggest name and he may not have shined in the WJC but he has ALL the tools. Size, skating, skill, progressing fast, character, plays center.

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by danccchan View Post
I really don't see why he isn't considered high in the draft rankings in alot of fan rankings.

He may not be the biggest name and he may not have shined in the WJC but he has ALL the tools. Size, skating, skill, progressing fast, character, plays center.
Problem with people on these boards.

They watch the world juniors and think they are big time scouts rather than watching te players play consistently.

Old
02-07-2012, 07:04 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Problem with people on these boards.

They watch the world juniors and think they are big time scouts rather than watching te players play consistently.
I feel like most people are pretty honest about it though.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 11:36 PM
Meandmyself

Is Radek Faska type of playing similar to Anze Kopitar? If not, which player he should be compared to in the NHL?

Meandmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 10:08 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 1500
Posted it elsewhere and will post it here too.

Really don't understand how people can call Faksa a Landeskog clone when:

a. People then say, "yeah, but he's not nearly as physical".

b. People also say, "but he's got much more offensive potential".

So how the hell is he a clone or a similar player? I've only seen Faksa 3-4 times and I wasn't blown away and he reminded me nothing of Landeskog. When I watched Landy with Kitchener he was the most physical guy on the ice.

@DubFromAbove
@Avs_Tweets
R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Kulemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post

So how the hell is he a clone or a similar player? I've only seen Faksa 3-4 times and I wasn't blown away and he reminded me nothing of Landeskog. When I watched Landy with Kitchener he was the most physical guy on the ice.
Faksa is not flashy for the most part. He may make a couple of flashy plays every once in awhile but his bread and butter is his great two way play and his skill and the way he controls the puck and works it down low.

I think what reminds people of landeskog is how he works the puck down low and his puck and control and faksa has grit (not as much as landeskog) and how he goes to the net hard.

I think the comparisons are there also because faksa kind of filled the hole that landeskog left when he went to the NHL.

Old
02-08-2012, 12:36 PM
lanky

Quote:

If you are right in that he has good vision and very good skating then I could see him getting drafted very high in June, like Johansen and Sceifele. But those traits aren't often used to describe him. In the little amount that I've seen him play he seemed like a guy that is well suited to playing the wing as a power forward in the NHL. If that is what scouts see too then he might not go as high.

lanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Nullus Reverentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post

Hes not a clone but they play similar for sure. Kitcheners annoucers make the comparison quite a bit, and so do most Rangers fans.

Also, he's quite physical, but he's not as physical as Landeskog, which is hard to do anyway. And I wouldn't say he's got more offensive potential, he's more offensively oritented however. I think they have similar offensive potential.

Old
02-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanky View Post
If you are right in that he has good vision and very good skating then I could see him getting drafted very high in June, like Johansen and Sceifele. But those traits aren't often used to describe him. In the little amount that I've seen him play he seemed like a guy that is well suited to playing the wing as a power forward in the NHL. If that is what scouts see too then he might not go as high.
He's a natural center and isn't gritty enough to be a serious power forward. I think he will just be a very good two center with some powerforward traits but not a complete pwf if you get what I'm saying.