HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Edmonton Oilers @ Dallas Stars (Puck drop: 6:38 PM MST TV: Sportsnet Oilers)

View Poll Results: How many fights in Tonights Game?
Over 1.5 23 32.86%
Under 1.5 47 67.14%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2011, 01:27 AM
t0psh3lfclu7ch
Real Men Have Scars

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to t0psh3lfclu7ch
Edmonton Oilers @ Dallas Stars (Puck drop: 6:38 PM MST TV: Sportsnet Oilers)

Edmonton Oilers @ Dallas Stars: Mon 21/11/11 6:30PM MST

Coming off the biggest win in modern Oilers History, the Young Guns, will hit the road and try and continue their success against the Dallas Stars.

The Oilers who are currently tied for 8th place with the Blues, have put together a top line of Smyth Hopkins and Eberle, and it payed huge dividends for them against one of the best teams in the league against Chicago. It has also opened up more space for Taylor Hall who recorded his second career Hat Trick in the last game. The Oilers power play was kicking in high gear once more as they made the Chicago goalies look stupid. Teddy Peckman is once against proving his dominance by protecting his young forwards and making handy work of Dan the Man Carcillo who was hanging on for dear life and did not get in one shot in the late stages of the game. Tom Gilbert played over 25 Minutes last game and will be relied upon heavily again tonight. Smyth and Hopkins each have 19th points. Look for Paajarvi to break out as he will be playing with Hemsky.

Ryan Smyth - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Jordan Eberle
Taylor Hall - Sam Gagner - Ales Hemsky
Anton Lander - Shawn Horcoff - Ryan Jones
Darcy Hordichuk - Eric Belanger - Lennart Petrell

Ladislav Smid - Tom Gilbert
Theo Peckham - Jeff Petry
Taylor Chorney - Colten Teubert

Khabibulin

Dallas has been sucking donkey as of the last five games powered by the weak and flailing greasy hair of once broken and sullen ex oiler Sheldon Souray. His on ice attitude has led him to burn out only 20 games in to the season. His wife has been spotted in public with former Home Alone star Mcauley Culkin leading speculators to believe that he will be seeking assistance from the love guru to get his game back. Dallas is currently tied with Edmonton and St. Louis for 8th in the West. Hopefully Souray puts some clothes on when he gets out of the shower and Ethan Moreau is nowhere to be seen before the press comes in to the room to take pictures after the game.

Morrow Ribiero Eriksson
Benn Ryder Ott
Fiddler Peterson Dvorak
Nystrom Dowell Wandell

Souray Robidas
Daley Grossman
Pardy

Look for Souray to get some revenge tonight

Last edited by Oilbleeder: 11-21-2011 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Don't talk about players that way
Old
11-21-2011, 01:32 AM
KarmaPolice
Antics

vCash: 8069
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Might want to change the "PGT" to "GDT"...atleast until after the game.

Oilers win 4-2.

Old
11-21-2011, 01:33 AM
Paralyzer
The Oilers Awaken

Mowzie's GDT on the Islanders board was better than this. MAKE IT FANCY

Old
11-21-2011, 01:39 AM
Evil Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0psh3lfclu7ch View Post
Dallas has been sucking donkey as of the last five games powered by the weak and flailing greasy hair of once broken and sullen ex oiler Sheldon Souray. His on ice attitude has led him to burn out only 20 games in to the season. His wife has been spotted in public with former Home Alone star Mcauley Culkin leading speculators to believe that he will be seeking assistance from the love guru to get his game back.
LMFAO.

Last edited by Bryanbryoil: 11-21-2011 at 02:20 AM. Reason: deleted quoted line
Old
11-21-2011, 01:44 AM
tv14

Hoping the last outing was a break-out night for the offence. Hopefully use it to string together some wins here in the next few. We play Dallas, Nashville (x2), Minnesota (x2) and Colorado to close out the month.

Two are struggling bad (Dallas and Colorado), one we've beat already (Nashville) and Minnesota although they are playing great and we are cursed against them, we have played them really close this year.

Dubnyk should be getting a couple starts here soon as we have two back-to-backs this week, thinking he starts in Dallas.

Old
11-21-2011, 01:48 AM
oiler4ever

Going to the game

Old
11-21-2011, 01:59 AM
Auguste Escoffier

I was working on a GDT, but then I F5'd and saw this

Oh well. I will do the one for Nashville. Oh, and I am going to that game!

Old
11-21-2011, 02:11 AM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 217
Eager should fight Souray just so Souray can break his hand yet again being an idiot.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:12 AM
I am the Liquor
Nelson got screwed

vCash: 1271
This Gdt has all the appeal of a gas station rest room.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:21 AM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
This Gdt has all the appeal of a gas station rest room.

11-21-2011, 02:23 AM
I am the Liquor
Nelson got screwed

Are you Sea Bass?

Old
11-21-2011, 02:25 AM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Are you Sea Bass?
Are you Lloyd?

Old
11-21-2011, 02:28 AM
OILFAN #81

Biggest game of the trip IMO. A win could build on the confidence from Saturday. A loss and things could spiral. Dallas has been slumping lately but they can't be taken lightly. Benn and Eriksson can do a lot of damage and those are the two guys we need to key on offensively.

Hopefully Paajarvi, Gagner and Belanger in particular can get it going offensively. We need more then the kids and Horcoff/Hemsky/Jones producing.

Lets go Oilers!

Old
11-21-2011, 02:29 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Disappointing. I really thought this thread had some potential as count of monte cristo theme. You know with Souray being the Count.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:30 AM
I am the Liquor
Nelson got screwed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Are you Lloyd?
I know you want me to be.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:38 AM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
I know you want me to be.
You wish, now back to the gdt.....

Old
11-21-2011, 02:39 AM
5RingsAndABeer
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Nice to see MPS getting some quality offensive guys on his line but I feel like we're leaving Hall out to dry offensively.

Old
11-21-2011, 03:01 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Nice to see MPS getting some quality offensive guys on his line but I feel like we're leaving Hall out to dry offensively.
Nah. I think this set-up does a good job of splitting up the 3 guys on the team that love carrying the puck the most. RNH, Hemsky, and Hall. Imagine those 3 on a line trying to work a transition play. All 3 love having the puck so much on the rush that none would know where to go when without it (except RNH). It's simply a wasted asset when one of these guys isn't the one carrying the puck.

Hall looks most dangerous when cutting into the middle of the ice - and I think he'll be more willing to use the middle of the ice if he's playing with guys like Jones and Horcoff who will defer puck possession to him. Horc and Jones are both willing to take the wings if Hall cuts into the middle - so he'll be pseudo-center on offense, with Horcoff playing the position in the defensive zone. There's not going to be any pretty passing plays with that line - but there'll be great boards work, great effective short passes to create rushes with speed - and pretty simple hockey plays. But that's all those guys really need. They're all fast, strong, and rely on power.

Let's hope the speed and size on that line translates into some more goals.

Smyth-RNH-Eberle needs to stay together. Smyth works the cycle with them perfectly - he's the best boards-player on this team and does everything Hall did on that line but with more effect (boards play, puck possession, working the front of the net). Paajarvi-Gagner-Hemsky isn't a bad idea either. Hopefully playing with 2 pass-first players helps Paajarvi get some goal-scoring opportunities. He really needs to pot one.

Old
11-21-2011, 03:06 AM
Bryanbryoil

So is it for sure that Paajarvi doesn't play with Belanger this game and that he actually plays and isn't in the PB Maybe a little PP time should be in order?

Old
11-21-2011, 03:12 AM
Lottery Oilers*
Nuge is Cobra

Personally I think fancy GDT's are a waste of time. I like simple GDT's like this one.

Old
11-21-2011, 03:18 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
So is it for sure that Paajarvi doesn't play with Belanger this game and that he actually plays and isn't in the PB Maybe a little PP time should be in order?
Seriously. I don't know why Gagner and Hemsky are the basis of a unit. They do the same thing - except Hemsky is better at it. Instead of working Gagner-Hemsky-Smyth up front, I'd rather you put Paajarvi on the right half-boards and make Hemsky the main PPQB along the left side. Keep Belanger on for his one-timers and his faceoff-winning ability, and let the other Dman (Petry?) play the point with Belanger.

Paajarvi has one helluva one-timer. That's something people may have forgotten over the past while, but some of his nicest goals have been one-time bullets (2nd goal vs TB in pre-season hat trick game, goal vs TB in regular season, goal vs MIN in regular season). I think he should be the cross-ice target for Hemsky (like Horcoff used to be a few years ago). He's solid along the boards and is an underrated puck distributor as well. I think it'd be worth a try - especially because that #2PP unit hasn't done much lately.

Old
11-21-2011, 03:20 AM
Arpeggio

Are we sure these are the lines? These were also supposed to be the lines for the game against Chicago, but Lander got moved up and Hall got put with Gagner and Hemsky. I'm not sure Renney would switch it up after a 9 goal performance.

Old
11-21-2011, 03:24 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpeggio View Post
Are we sure these are the lines? These were also supposed to be the lines for the game against Chicago, but Lander got moved up and Hall got put with Gagner and Hemsky. I'm not sure Renney would switch it up after a 9 goal performance.
Lines were changing during that third period - I don't really know why. Hall scored his hat-trick goal while out with RNH and Eager . Weirdest combination ever.

Paajarvi with Gagner and Hemsky isn't a bad idea. One of those wingers is going to have to cut into the middle of the ice and play "center" on offense though, I can see them leaving Gagner trailing behind anytime they're on the rush and it'd suck if they're both on their wingers waiting for Gagner to enter the zone.

Old
11-21-2011, 03:41 AM
TheBusDriver
Private Eyes

Oil win 5-4

Old
11-21-2011, 04:06 AM
Chooch

Just watch, Sheldon Souray will score.

Closed Thread