Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Slovak youth hockey thread (NT´s, home leagues, CHL, the draft etc.) part II

Old
05-22-2014, 02:17 AM
alko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
I am currently at the Memorial Cup and had the opportunity to watch Timotej Sille, in particular against Guelph where he had a goal and an assist for Val-d'Or. He has a lot of height and a big reach. He picked the puck loose from the skates of the Guelph defender from a considerable distance and put it right into the net for his goal.

Same thing with his assist, the Guelph player tried to kick the puck to his stick, Sille stole it, protected the puck with his big body and feathered a beautiful pass in front of the Guelph net.

Sille should receive consideration for Slovakia's WJCU20 team this December in Montreal/Toronto.
Sure, just like another bunch of players. Statistics are not great by Sille, but with his limited ice time its ok. Next season he must step up. If he want to play on WJC, he must be the leader in his team.

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 09:41 AM
kellmuff96

I help organize a Midget 'AAA' tournament here in Canada (www.leoboivinshowcase.ca) and this year we hosted Red Bull Salzburg u18 team. They ended up winning the final

Koch and Pospisil played on the team and later represented Slovakia at the U18s. Looking forward to following their progress over the next few years

kellmuff96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2014, 11:02 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Maybe Slovakia can suprise in WJC?

Cernak - Jaros
Rosandic - Pavlicek
Koch - Bacik

Cehlarik - Reway - Lantosi
Soltes - Sukel - Briestenský
Paulovič - Rehak - Koys
Gabor - Hrusik - Kotvan

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2014, 02:54 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatOne View Post

Cernak - Jaros
Rosandic - Pavlicek
Koch - Bacik

Paulovič - Rehak - Koys
Gabor - Hrusik - Kotvan
Positive or negative? :-)

Every year we say - "Our team can now surprise". Every year. in 2009 it happen. But i dont think, it will be this year again. Maybe 3 or 4 players from your list are good, but that is not enough.
Only if we have another Halak in net. Maybe then.

Old
11-24-2014, 08:33 AM
ThrashersfanSVK
@Jakub_Homola

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatOne View Post

Cernak - Jaros
Rosandic - Pavlicek
Koch - Bacik

Paulovič - Rehak - Koys
Gabor - Hrusik - Kotvan
Gabor is ineligible to represent Slovakia at IIHF competition and Kotvan definitely won't make the team. Otherwise he would be tested at 4 Nations in November. Same for Pavlíček.

As for Koch, to be honest, I don't expect him to be on the roster. We'll see, though.

ThrashersfanSVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2014, 12:53 PM
Bojovnik

Send a message via MSN to Bojovnik
Strange to think that 3-4 years ago, you would've thought that this team would've been carried by Paulovič, Rehak and Koyš, all three have really struggled to maintain early promise.

Bojovnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2014, 02:02 PM
ThrashersfanSVK
@Jakub_Homola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanik View Post
Strange to think that 3-4 years ago, you would've thought that this team would've been carried by Paulovič, Rehak and Koyš, all three have really struggled to maintain early promise.
Rehák and Koyš will make the team, there's no question. as for Paulovič, he deserves mention based on his recent performance.

But I know what you did want to say and I agree with you. However, it's just the result of the fact, that at the age of 14/15 it's still too early to talk about the potential of the players. Especially when that player made a bad decision (Koyš' and Rehák's case – both did not perform well in NA, and one spent year there affects you much.). But I don't want to harsh on them because they left Slovakia in their U18 season. What's done is done and now we can analyse that they made a mistake. But when they were leaving Slovakia, nobody was able to predict what would happen. Unfortunately, it did not go well...

Old
11-25-2014, 08:31 PM
Kamzik

Paulovič can take some inspiration from Montreal Canadiens forward Jiri Sekac. Just like Sekac, Matej was cut by the Peterborough Petes of the OHL. Just like Sekac, he went to the USHL. He is putting up similar numbers there as Sekac did. Not comparing them as players. just saying you never know what can happen.

Kamzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2015, 02:20 AM
Bojovnik

I haven't searched so apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but does anyone have a status update on Maximilian Pajpach? I know he was injured a few months ago, but was wondering if that was still the case. Shame if he loses so much development time.

Old
01-09-2015, 02:22 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanik View Post
I haven't searched so apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but does anyone have a status update on Maximilian Pajpach? I know he was injured a few months ago, but was wondering if that was still the case. Shame if he loses so much development time.
All i know is, that he will miss entire season. But that only the rumors, nothing official.

Old
01-13-2015, 04:19 PM
Bojovnik

As with the Pajpach question (thanks alko), sorry for the speculating but I'm just curious if someone has any knowledge about this:

I was searching through some figures (Swiss junior leagues) and came across a pair of '99 borns doing quite well in the Swiss U17 league. Matúš Iľko at Fribourg-Gotteron and Roman Karaffa at Biel. Has anyone heard/know anything more about them? Not representing the U16 NT but they have some pretty decent figures so just curious.

Old
01-14-2015, 07:41 AM
ThrashersfanSVK
@Jakub_Homola

Both played at one U16 event this year, but everytime you left your home country, you simply have to expect that the path to your national team will be much-much tougher. And neither one from them is so exceptional. Borderline of national team in my opinion.

At the same time, I have to warn you that the level of Swiss youth league is quite low. Slovak U18 league is definitely better than U17 league in Switzerland.

Old
01-15-2015, 01:54 PM
Bojovnik

^ Thanks

Old
01-15-2015, 04:09 PM
ThrashersfanSVK
@Jakub_Homola

Bad luck for them. Especially Karaffa, I believe he would be lock for almost all preceding national teams, unfortunately for him, depth in offense in 99 age group is quite good, therefore he's only borderline in my opinion. But I have never seen him playing in national team, so maybe I would change my mind, because it's always tough to compare players when you're not watching them playing in one team or against each other.

Old
01-30-2015, 11:53 PM
smitty10

My guess is that for the upcoming draft Slovakia will be well represented. After medaling at the WJC, these kids will bring some promise to and were able to showcase themselves for this years draft. My guesses are:

1st:

Erik Cernak (Bob McKenzie says scouts are very high on him)

2nd:

Matej Tomek

3rd/4th:

Christian Jaros

5th-7th:

Denis Godla
Radovan Bondra
Andrej Vadovic
Adam Huska
Matus Sukel

If all goes well, Slovakia could go into next years WJC with three drafted goalies. That being said, only 3 players IMO are really guaranteed picks. I do think that their will be a high number taken given the success they had winning Bronze. All 4 returning players who are eligible to return next year could very well be drafted due to their success and the 4 year rule for Europeans.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2015, 03:07 AM
petoNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
My guess is that for the upcoming draft Slovakia will be well represented. After medaling at the WJC, these kids will bring some promise to and were able to showcase themselves for this years draft. My guesses are:

1st:

Erik Cernak (Bob McKenzie says scouts are very high on him)

2nd:

Matej Tomek

3rd/4th:

Christian Jaros

5th-7th:

Denis Godla
Radovan Bondra
Andrej Vadovic
Adam Huska
Matus Sukel

If all goes well, Slovakia could go into next years WJC with three drafted goalies. That being said, only 3 players IMO are really guaranteed picks. I do think that their will be a high number taken given the success they had winning Bronze. All 4 returning players who are eligible to return next year could very well be drafted due to their success and the 4 year rule for Europeans.
I don't think that Černák will be drafted in the first round, but it's definitely nice to see him that high. Agree with Jaroš, Tomek, Godla and Bondra. Húska is now with Green Bay (USHL) so scouts can take a look at him.

petoNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2015, 07:53 PM
Korvin90

I would like to ask...you ThrashersfanSVK or Czechexpert about class 98 and 99 what do you think about them..I know maybe is too early but which player could be drafted from class 99 Fafrak, Karaffa, Elias, Ziak, Korencik, Kupec, Liska, Krivosik, Roman, Hrehorcak, Ruzicka, Jakubec, Sisolak, Kover, Fehervary....or class 98 Galbavy, Cacho, Studenic, Lacka, Bucek, Bodak, Fereta, Hedera, Hrenak, Koziak, Zelenak, Rudy, Solensky....thank you..

Korvin90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2015, 11:17 AM
slovakiasnextone

Goalie Matej Tomek (Fargo Force) and forward Samuel Solenský (Cedar Rapids RoughRiders) were both drafted in the recent USHL draft. I suppose for Tomek this would be an alternative if there is no room for him at University of North Dakota for next year, what about Solenský though? I've seen somewhere that he has a contract with Liberec for one more year.

Furthermore one more player joins the Slovak legion in Sweden as Luleĺ has signed 1999 born D-man from Žilina Marek Korenčík.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2015, 07:36 AM
slovakiasnextone

Some interesting thoughts regarding Černák vs. Jaroš from Red Line Report:

Quote:
Last June, we were surprised that big Slovakian defenseman Christian Jaros — whom Red Line viewed as a top 100 prospect — wasn't selected in the NHL draft.

This year the 6-3, 205-pound rearguard had an eventful season. He went to play in Sweden to improve the speed of his decision making, was a key member of Slovakia's surprising bronze medal-winning team at the World Juniors, and finally was brought in to play some games for Slovakia's senior men's team at the World Championships this month.

We understand that NHL clubs were scared off by his ugly-looking skating stride at last year's draft. But we've always felt that, no matter how ugly his skating looks, he always manages to get where he needs to go on time.

His upside isn't that high — probably only a bottom pairing blue-liner — but he is definitely an NHL prospect in our opinion. And considering anyone could have had him for the price of a seventh-round flier last year, we think it will require a higher selection to nab him this time around. In fact, our Czech/Slovak scout has been adamant that he considers Jaros as, "easily a better prospect than his cousin, Erik Cernak, who is highly regarded and will very probably be selected in the second round."

It's true that Cernak is likely to be taken in the second round, despite Red Line's reservations about his hockey sense and the glacial speed of his decision making. So from our perspective it will be a fun exercise to track the progress of their careers measured against one another.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-may/27307985/

Old
05-18-2015, 01:56 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
Goalie Matej Tomek (Fargo Force) and forward Samuel Solenský (Cedar Rapids RoughRiders) were both drafted in the recent USHL draft. I suppose for Tomek this would be an alternative if there is no room for him at University of North Dakota for next year, what about Solenský though? I've seen somewhere that he has a contract with Liberec for one more year.

Furthermore one more player joins the Slovak legion in Sweden as Luleĺ has signed 1999 born D-man from Žilina Marek Korenčík.
For Solensky it could be a very good alternative. He has no place in Liberec senior team and USHL is far better as Czech U20 league. Lets see, what happens in CHL import draft.
With Tomek i would be surprised if he will be next season in USHL. I think, he has the potential for NCAA. Otherwise, if he should be only the second goalie, then it is better for him to go to USHL.

Jaros and Cernak are cousins?

Old
05-18-2015, 11:54 AM
petoNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
For Solensky it could be a very good alternative. He has no place in Liberec senior team and USHL is far better as Czech U20 league. Lets see, what happens in CHL import draft.
With Tomek i would be surprised if he will be next season in USHL. I think, he has the potential for NCAA. Otherwise, if he should be only the second goalie, then it is better for him to go to USHL.

Jaros and Cernak are cousins?
Solenský will stay in Liberec next year and then he will move on to NCAA.
In Tomek's situation, it depends on Zane McIntyre going pro, rumours are that he is likely to sign an ELC with Bruins and go to the AHL. So that opens spot for Tomek.

Yes, Jaroš and Černák are cousins.

Old
05-18-2015, 03:40 PM
herbst20

Good to see you talking about Solensky as I was coming in here to ask about him. I follow Cedar Rapids very closely and was curious what you guys thought of him.

In my conversations with a Cedar Rapids scout, he told me he believes Solensky would make the team this year. He also said NHL Euro scouts are the ones that recommended Samuel to them at draft time. But this thread says he is under contract? I will be at camp June 4-7th and will let you know if he is there.

herbst20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2015, 03:42 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by petoNHL View Post
In Tomek's situation, it depends on Zane McIntyre going pro, rumours are that he is likely to sign an ELC with Bruins and go to the AHL. So that opens spot for Tomek.

Are they really? I just thought Redline was talking figuratively when they wrote that, haha.

Old
05-19-2015, 01:54 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by petoNHL View Post

It is possible to go direct to NCAA?

Old
05-19-2015, 05:57 AM
petoNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
It is possible to go direct to NCAA?
You mean straight from the Europe? Then yes.