HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Boston @ Montreal 730PM TSN-Habs/RDS/NESN

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2011, 02:08 PM
sheed36

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
I know 2 bruins fans that posts here without trolling
LoneWolf54 and Alycat posts here sometimes and they are respectfull.
Yup and I enjoy reading their posts here. Both add to the discussion and can put the Habs/Bruins BS aside and have a rational hockey discussion.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:09 PM
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Funny

Old
11-21-2011, 02:10 PM
habsrule22

curious to see how the DD Cole Patch line does tonight. also want to see if gomez can build on saturday s game

Old
11-21-2011, 02:14 PM
EveryDay

7-1 MTL

2x-Patches
Cole
Plek
Cammy
Eller
Gomez

Horton

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
11-21-2011, 02:14 PM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by putabergeronthegrill View Post
Can you really as a Bruin's fan talk about Habs/Bruins matchup without discussing a potential fight or brawl? Thats part of the matchup really... Obviously we know Thornton is not going to go after Subban, because Subban won't fight him. I'm pretty sure that fight we saw last game was an anomaly and won't happen again

And there is a difference between "only wanting to see the fights" and realizing that the physical, intimidation edge and sometimes fighting, is a big way in which the Bruins win games.
As a Habs fan, there are no matchups. Truth be told, we DO NOT have any fighters (a la Thornton) on this team. The closest thing we have to a fighter is Moen, and he's not one, though at times, he's kind of forced to go. That rarely happens, plus he's got six goals for our team.

You guys can debate about possible matchups, but I've seen a thread on your board about who the Bruins' fans want to see fight next (after Marchand vs. Subban 1), and there were some pretty pathetic posts. As if Pacioretty was going to fight Chara or Subban fight Lucic or Thornton. You guys use toughness and intimidation to your advantage, while we've got to go with speed. By saying that, I don't mean you guys don't have speed, but you've got a wider array of attributes than us, sadly. That could be a reason why you guys have no injuries compared to us.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:15 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
my last post on the B`s board never got deleted...

grant it, it was a thread I started wishing them luck in beating the habs...

but times have changed, i won`t be doing that again... my anti-jinx worked perfectly as we started winning again
they let it ride because you humiliated the habs fanbase for them. Anti-jinx? lol. obvious you have problems controlling yourself when under high emotions. (Kovalev not re signed)

Old
11-21-2011, 02:18 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

vCash: 50
Go Habs Go

Old
11-21-2011, 02:18 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Yikes. Kind of reminds me of those old "Talking To Americans" clips from Rick Mercer.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:19 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
LOL

Not really surprised

But seriously, Orange and Black

Should be posted on the bruins board, maybe they will want to beat those people up!!

Old
11-21-2011, 02:21 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
they let it ride because you humiliated the habs fanbase for them. Anti-jinx? lol. obvious you have problems controlling yourself when under high emotions. (Kovalev not re signed)
make-up what you want about me buddy, but get your facts straight... i never took part of that

Old
11-21-2011, 02:22 PM
Protest the Hero

It's funny we're complaining about Bruins posters, and we have a whole thread here full of Habs fans getting at each others throats.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:23 PM
PhysicX

Quote:
my last post on the B`s board never got deleted...

grant it, it was a thread I started wishing them luck in beating the habs...

but times have changed, i won`t be doing that again... my anti-jinx worked perfectly as we started winning again
Want us to thank you for 'anti-jinxing' Montreal? So by hoping the Boston Bruins beat Montreal down to fire Martin and Gauthier, you've actually affected the outcome of the game?
Sure... okay congrats, if that makes you happy.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:24 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Attempting to strike up a civil discussion here...this forum obviously has its share of annoying and smart posters just like the B's forums.

Can you really as a Bruin's fan talk about Habs/Bruins matchup without discussing a potential fight or brawl? Thats part of the matchup really... Obviously we know Thornton is not going to go after Subban, because Subban won't fight him. I'm pretty sure that fight we saw last game was an anomaly and won't happen again

And there is a difference between "only wanting to see the fights" and realizing that the physical, intimidation edge and sometimes fighting, is a big way in which the Bruins win games.

also this is a serious question...why do you think we feel frustrated and victimized? I dont see it?
The funny part is, while that works versus some teams like Van City, that game plan has never worked vs the Habs. Even after the 8-6 game with all the fights, the Habs came out and beat them easily 4-1.

Actually when you look at it there has not been a game where the Bruins size and toughness won them any games. Heck every since getting our smurfs we are 11-3 vs them in the past 2+ years.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:28 PM
putabergeronthegrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
As a Habs fan, there are no matchups. Truth be told, we DO NOT have any fighters (a la Thornton) on this team. The closest thing we have to a fighter is Moen, and he's not one, though at times, he's kind of forced to go. That rarely happens, plus he's got six goals for our team.

You guys can debate about possible matchups, but I've seen a thread on your board about who the Bruins' fans want to see fight next (after Marchand vs. Subban 1), and there were some pretty pathetic posts. As if Pacioretty was going to fight Chara or Subban fight Lucic or Thornton. You guys use toughness and intimidation to your advantage, while we've got to go with speed. By saying that, I don't mean you guys don't have speed, but you've got a wider array of attributes than us, sadly. That could be a reason why you guys have no injuries compared to us.
Haha well, to be honest I think its more of a fantasy for us/them. Who wouldn't want to see Pacioretty somehow fight Chara and hold his own...but yea, none of the matchups will happen.

What I guess I should have said was "I don't think its possible for Bruin's fans to discuss a game against ANY team without discussing potential fights, well, because we have fighters on our roster. But we also have other attributes and we discuss those, so to say "we only care about the fights" is unfair. Although I can see why that impression would come across from the influx of pink hats.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:29 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
It's funny we're complaining about Bruins posters, and we have a whole thread here full of Habs fans getting at each others throats.
Yeah but that's allowed. Like Don Cherry is a Canadian so he's allowed to be Arse, Milbury is from the USA, he can't say what he wants on Tax payer TV. There is a fine line yes. Doesn't have to be written in stone.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:30 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
make-up what you want about me buddy, but get your facts straight... i never took part of that
Thought you did. My bad.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:33 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
The funny part is, while that works versus some teams like Van City, that game plan has never worked vs the Habs. Even after the 8-6 game with all the fights, the Habs came out and beat them easily 4-1.

Actually when you look at it there has not been a game where the Bruins size and toughness won them any games. Heck every since getting our smurfs we are 11-3 vs them in the past 2+ years.
This.

There is also a big difference between playing a legit aggressive tough hard hitting game rather than taking runs at players and playing cheap hockey.

The thing I love about the habs is that when we are getting head hunted and runned at, we always seem to keep out focus and the task at hand. The bruins know this more than anyone, and I suspect a systematic game by both teams tonight. The bruins see that we arent phased by "tough" aggressive play, and that it only motivates the habs to win even more. Sure there will be a few hits and maybe a fight but it wont be a complete joke like on Feb 9th of last yr. I'll always remember that game because it was my birthday

Old
11-21-2011, 02:34 PM
putabergeronthegrill

Quote:

yes that is a funny thing that it doesn't seem to work against the Habs. I am the first to admit its a tough matchup for the B's. Maybe it has to do with the fact that you guys don't bite back

but really, we don't handle neutral zone speed very well. You can't be tough if you can't reach em to hit em.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:35 PM
roy munson

You did it again MiG! Gotta take that movie off the shelf and dust it up...

GO HABS GO !!!

Beat those Bruins, beat them on the scoresheet and beat them up! Desharnais is going to fight Chara! I love Jack Edwards woohoo! I hate Marchand. G-love's gonna beat up Horton. Tonight's gonna be known as 'Nightmare on de la Gauchetière'!

Old
11-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Haha well, to be honest I think its more of a fantasy for us/them. Who wouldn't want to see Pacioretty somehow fight Chara and hold his own...but yea, none of the matchups will happen.

What I guess I should have said was "I don't think its possible for Bruin's fans to discuss a game against ANY team without discussing potential fights, well, because we have fighters on our roster. But we also have other attributes and we discuss those, so to say "we only care about the fights" is unfair. Although I can see why that impression would come across from the influx of pink hats.
Man go look at your GDT. Maybe they should go watch WWE Good luck tonight boss

Old
11-21-2011, 02:37 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
You did it again MiG! Gotta take that movie off the shelf and dust it up...

GO HABS GO !!!

Beat those Bruins, beat them on the scoresheet and beat them up! Desharnais is going to fight Chara! I love Jack Edwards woohoo! I hate Marchand. G-love's gonna beat up Horton. Tonight's gonna be known as 'Nightmare on de la Gauchetière'!

LOL

Old
11-21-2011, 02:38 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

cbc and versus dropped their covarage of habs-bruins game for Crosbys return vs the Islanders as per bruins GDT.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:39 PM
putabergeronthegrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
[/B]

LOL
haha. SEE!!

Old
11-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
haha. SEE!!
I think he was being :sarcastic:

Old
11-21-2011, 02:40 PM
PhysicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
cbc and versus dropped their covarage of habs-bruins game for Crosbys return vs the Islanders as per bruins GDT.
Now that is worthy of all possible LOL's in the world.

Closed Thread