HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus vs. Calgary | 11/21 7PM EST | "Nonvintage" Edition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-22-2011, 03:39 PM
  #176
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachACA View Post
I wouldn't mind dropping Umberger to the third and having Vermette move up to the second with Letestu and Johansen.
I wouldn't mind having Vermette be the third line center with Umberger on that line. Keep in mind, Huselius is probably coming back in December.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 03:52 PM
  #177
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
can we just package RJ and brassard for a solid second line winger? who needs top 6 and can take on umberger's now seemingly ridiculous price tag?
I would rather trade them for a goalie...

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 03:54 PM
  #178
wahsnairb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
I would rather trade them for a goalie...
oh man either way... brassard is doing us no good watching games for 3.2 million and umberger can't carry his money bags while playing.

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 04:26 PM
  #179
650X2
Registered User
 
650X2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 534
vCash: 500
Good game last night not sure why we have all the sudden decided to turn it on. Whatever that may mean.

The thing I was most surprised about was Ignila. He was invisible I honestly am not sure he was even on the ice last night. Seems like that guy used to be always all over the place, in peoples faces and whatever else. He has really lost a step.

650X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 04:45 PM
  #180
SuperGenius
Moderator
For Duty & Humanity!
 
SuperGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,556
vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650X2 View Post
Good game last night not sure why we have all the sudden decided to turn it on. Whatever that may mean.

The thing I was most surprised about was Ignila. He was invisible I honestly am not sure he was even on the ice last night. Seems like that guy used to be always all over the place, in peoples faces and whatever else. He has really lost a step.
Iggy definitely looked like a normal player last night.

I also saw the Flames a couple weeks ago in Denver and he looked far better (so did the Flames, for that matter, causing turnovers and jumping all over Colorado and Varlamov). Probably just an off game.

I wonder when Calgary will do what they need to do and deal him so they can stop this halfway 'rebuild' they're doing and do a full on rebuild. They remind me of an out of style coat...still gets the job done more or less, but sooner or later, it starts looking bad enough that you need a new one.

__________________
--
"Good night, good hockey...good riddance to the Columbus cannon that makes your ears bleed." - @BroadStBull (Sam Carchidi, Flyers beat reporter)
SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 05:00 PM
  #181
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
oh man either way... brassard is doing us no good watching games for 3.2 million and umberger can't carry his money bags while playing.
Where is the problem? I want to trade them but for a goalie not a wing.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 05:07 PM
  #182
wahsnairb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Where is the problem? I want to trade them but for a goalie not a wing.
ya, i was agreeing with you! i am fine with moving them for whatever will help us because they are both doing the jackets no good right now.

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 05:49 PM
  #183
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
ya, i was agreeing with you! i am fine with moving them for whatever will help us because they are both doing the jackets no good right now.
I do not understand whats happen with Umberger. He has always played good and now.... maybe another line... put him to Pahlsson and Dorsett they are players for him. And Vermy to Johansen and Letestu. Than we will see.

It is a pity but Brassard was was written off untill Carter trade and later Johansens taking a roster. I think great teams for him would be Calgary or Buffalo.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 11:55 AM
  #184
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
The game against Devils....I hope R.J. Umberger will wake up... very hope... because whenhe plays his game good he is very important for us. I know I wrote many bad things on him but I am only angry he plays inspite of his play and Johansen was HS, Atkinson and Mayorov sent to Falcons, Brassard is HS and he not. I u:nderstand every can have bad time and I know he will play good soon.

I hope our defense will continue in their achievments, similar as offense and especially Sanford.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:11 PM
  #185
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,144
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
The game against Devils....I hope R.J. Umberger will wake up... very hope... because whenhe plays his game good he is very important for us. I know I wrote many bad things on him but I am only angry he plays inspite of his play and Johansen was HS, Atkinson and Mayorov sent to Falcons, Brassard is HS and he not. I u:nderstand every can have bad time and I know he will play good soon.

I hope our defense will continue in their achievments, similar as offense and especially Sanford.
RJ was crashing the net pretty good in the last game, perhaps he is as excited as the rest of the team appears to be with Sanford in net.. The CBJ do need Umberger to engage, lets watch him closely tonight..

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:18 PM
  #186
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
RJ was crashing the net pretty good in the last game, perhaps he is as excited as the rest of the team appears to be with Sanford in net.. The CBJ do need Umberger to engage, lets watch him closely tonight..
I really hope I will wish him well similar as the whole team

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:40 PM
  #187
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,394
vCash: 500
Meh, stop the goalie talk for now. Let's see what Dex does when he gets a shot, Sanford seems to have proven to be a respectable backup.

This team was, and still is to a less egregious level, playing like crap in front of the goal tender.

Every time a hear of a goal tender idea, it's either a guy that's almost dead from old age, the other team would have no reason to trade them, or we'd be spending 6 million + on a goalie that another team realized was too idiotic to spend that much money on.

We had our chance in the off season, we'll get another one this off season. Decent goalies really aren't that hard to get.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.