HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus vs. Calgary | 11/21 7PM EST | "Nonvintage" Edition

Old
11-22-2011, 03:39 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachACA View Post
I wouldn't mind dropping Umberger to the third and having Vermette move up to the second with Letestu and Johansen.
I wouldn't mind having Vermette be the third line center with Umberger on that line. Keep in mind, Huselius is probably coming back in December.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 03:52 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
can we just package RJ and brassard for a solid second line winger? who needs top 6 and can take on umberger's now seemingly ridiculous price tag?
I would rather trade them for a goalie...

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 03:54 PM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
I would rather trade them for a goalie...
oh man either way... brassard is doing us no good watching games for 3.2 million and umberger can't carry his money bags while playing.

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 04:26 PM
650X2

Good game last night not sure why we have all the sudden decided to turn it on. Whatever that may mean.

The thing I was most surprised about was Ignila. He was invisible I honestly am not sure he was even on the ice last night. Seems like that guy used to be always all over the place, in peoples faces and whatever else. He has really lost a step.

650X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 04:45 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650X2 View Post
Good game last night not sure why we have all the sudden decided to turn it on. Whatever that may mean.

The thing I was most surprised about was Ignila. He was invisible I honestly am not sure he was even on the ice last night. Seems like that guy used to be always all over the place, in peoples faces and whatever else. He has really lost a step.
Iggy definitely looked like a normal player last night.

I also saw the Flames a couple weeks ago in Denver and he looked far better (so did the Flames, for that matter, causing turnovers and jumping all over Colorado and Varlamov). Probably just an off game.

I wonder when Calgary will do what they need to do and deal him so they can stop this halfway 'rebuild' they're doing and do a full on rebuild. They remind me of an out of style coat...still gets the job done more or less, but sooner or later, it starts looking bad enough that you need a new one.

Old
11-22-2011, 05:00 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
oh man either way... brassard is doing us no good watching games for 3.2 million and umberger can't carry his money bags while playing.
Where is the problem? I want to trade them but for a goalie not a wing.

Old
11-22-2011, 05:07 PM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Where is the problem? I want to trade them but for a goalie not a wing.
ya, i was agreeing with you! i am fine with moving them for whatever will help us because they are both doing the jackets no good right now.

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 05:49 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
ya, i was agreeing with you! i am fine with moving them for whatever will help us because they are both doing the jackets no good right now.
I do not understand whats happen with Umberger. He has always played good and now.... maybe another line... put him to Pahlsson and Dorsett they are players for him. And Vermy to Johansen and Letestu. Than we will see.

It is a pity but Brassard was was written off untill Carter trade and later Johansens taking a roster. I think great teams for him would be Calgary or Buffalo.

Old
11-23-2011, 11:55 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

The game against Devils....I hope R.J. Umberger will wake up... very hope... because whenhe plays his game good he is very important for us. I know I wrote many bad things on him but I am only angry he plays inspite of his play and Johansen was HS, Atkinson and Mayorov sent to Falcons, Brassard is HS and he not. I u:nderstand every can have bad time and I know he will play good soon.

I hope our defense will continue in their achievments, similar as offense and especially Sanford.

Old
11-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
The game against Devils....I hope R.J. Umberger will wake up... very hope... because whenhe plays his game good he is very important for us. I know I wrote many bad things on him but I am only angry he plays inspite of his play and Johansen was HS, Atkinson and Mayorov sent to Falcons, Brassard is HS and he not. I u:nderstand every can have bad time and I know he will play good soon.

I hope our defense will continue in their achievments, similar as offense and especially Sanford.
RJ was crashing the net pretty good in the last game, perhaps he is as excited as the rest of the team appears to be with Sanford in net.. The CBJ do need Umberger to engage, lets watch him closely tonight..

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:18 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
RJ was crashing the net pretty good in the last game, perhaps he is as excited as the rest of the team appears to be with Sanford in net.. The CBJ do need Umberger to engage, lets watch him closely tonight..
I really hope I will wish him well similar as the whole team

Old
11-23-2011, 12:40 PM
blahblah

Meh, stop the goalie talk for now. Let's see what Dex does when he gets a shot, Sanford seems to have proven to be a respectable backup.

This team was, and still is to a less egregious level, playing like crap in front of the goal tender.

Every time a hear of a goal tender idea, it's either a guy that's almost dead from old age, the other team would have no reason to trade them, or we'd be spending 6 million + on a goalie that another team realized was too idiotic to spend that much money on.

We had our chance in the off season, we'll get another one this off season. Decent goalies really aren't that hard to get.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote