HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

My top 18 for the 2012 QMJHL draft (November)

Old
11-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Scarecrow Boat

vCash: 500
The list does consist of a lot of short players. Do you know who is going to be this years 6'5" 140lbs player who gets overrated due to his height?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLScout View Post
Great list MR. Scoutman. This might sound really dumb, but just wondering, is this based on your scouting team or is this more of a concensus of all the the scouts, CSR and individual teams? The reason why I'm asking is because there is always that pick makes you think ,wow,where did he come from.
Jean-Simon Deslauriers lol

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 08:07 PM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLScout View Post
Great list MR. Scoutman. This might sound really dumb, but just wondering, is this based on your scouting team or is this more of a concensus of all the the scouts, CSR and individual teams? The reason why I'm asking is because there is always that pick makes you think ,wow,where did he come from.
I would never give out my teams rankings and who we like because we have short list and different order due to spots we are trying to fill and some guys we think will be excellent who are just average right now....the list I put is pretty much the consensus 18 among a lot of scouts...some have a different list but these guys are pretty much on most scouts top 20 guys in the draft.

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 08:43 PM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Norris View Post

Jean-Simon Deslauriers lol
I had him going 1st rd hah

LaLaLaprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 08:45 PM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoutingQMJHL View Post
And while your online, what about Simard on CCL, wasn't he high on people's list?
Lacks hockey sense...but thats just my opinion...more than likely he will be a 1st rd pick...but it wouldnt shock me if he wasnt.

Old
11-28-2011, 11:24 AM
Hockey Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
there could be...espoir tourmanet is this week, I will get to see if there is one or two there...but i heard so far there isn't by my other scouts....but usually most of the time the guys from Espoir do not pop up untill later in the season.
I saw that Mont Joli won the Espoir tournament this weekend. Any standouts in the tournament?

Hockey Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 09:15 AM
Hockey Buff

Quote:
My top 18 for the QMJHL as of this month.

1. Daniel Audette—F—Phenix 5’07/158 22 14 21 35
2. Matthew Highmore—F—Dartmouth 5’11/160 07 02 04 06
3. Loik Leveille—D—Vikings 5’10/191 23 07 14 21
4. Duncan Macintyre—D—ND Argos 5’11/185 18 00 05 05
5. Raphael Maheux—D—Ulysse PrepU19 6’00/180 00 00 00 00
6. Alexander Carrier—D—Antoine-Girouard 5’09/000 24 04 17 21
7. Zach Moody—F—Valley Wildcats 5’11/140 17 08 12 20
8. Cody Donaghey—D—St John’s Leafs 6’00/173 12 05 07 12
9. Clark Bishop—F—St John’s Privateers 5’10/151 13 12 13 25
10. Julio Billia—G—Montreal 5’10/151 04 05 2.76 .909
11. Kameron Kielly—F—Charlottetown 5’11/175 15 09 12 21
12. Alex Gallant—F—Charlottetown 6’00/168 15 12 14 26
13. Mason MacDonald—G—Halifax Titans 6’00/145 06 00 2.07 .910
14. Kevin Bouchard—G—Jonquire 6’02/204 02 05 3.00 .870
15. Lucas Batt—F—ND Argos 5’11/167 17 09 08 17
16. Mathieu Ayotte—Antoine-Girouard 5’08/140 24 12 12 24
17. Julien Bahl—D—Anotine Girouard 5’09/156 22 02 11 13
18. Matthew Cusson—F—Lac St Louis 5’11/180 22 04 06 10

Cusson is in the first round because Lac St Louis does not play him much at all but rather there top two lines, he is an amazing talent with great hands and offensive punch.

Bouchard is falling a bit, he is not performing like once thought, he is still good but as of right now he is not that top tier goalie for his team.

Audette and Highmore well Audette is more talented but he is 5'07, Highmore is no slouch either though he is super fast skater, amazing offensive player who makes things happend all the time and he is 5'11...Audette by talent could go 1st overall, but if you combine in height Highmore is not far off of Audette either though in talent, it should be a fight.
Scoutman,
Have you had a chance to compose a list for Dec? Any major changes?

Can Roy (CAG) be given "exceptional" status and become eligible for Q draft this year?

Hockey Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Scarecrow Boat

I'm interested in an update. I've heard some good things lately regarding Morgan Messenger & Josh Pugsley despite their size.

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:15 AM
TheRealDeal21

i've also heard good things about mike white despite is size as well

TheRealDeal21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 02:19 PM
denpaq

La laprise....are you a lac st-louis guy?.......scoutman1, are you a real scout, why do you seem to have players there that are not on our list at all......we represent a junior team, I am part of the scouting staff, why do you seem to pass yourself off as a scout?...curious......you have names that are there that should not and names that should be, you never mention

denpaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 04:46 PM
Revo

Quote:
Originally Posted by denpaq View Post
La laprise....are you a lac st-louis guy?.......scoutman1, are you a real scout, why do you seem to have players there that are not on our list at all......we represent a junior team, I am part of the scouting staff, why do you seem to pass yourself off as a scout?...curious......you have names that are there that should not and names that should be, you never mention
Usually, when you heavily criticize someone, it is of common sense to make a complete, precise argument to allow for the aforementioned criticized person to defend itself.

Revo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 07:57 PM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Quote:
Considering I live in Halifax...im not exactly a LSL guy, anyone with an IQ of 10 would be able to connect the dots on that one...and I dont really care who you are or who you scout for...my track record speaks for itself when it comes to evaluating players at this level...move along now.

Old
01-14-2012, 08:07 PM
elvisisalive

denpaq you are obviously new here. Both Scoutman and Lala know there stuff, my guess, a sight more than you. I was also a former scout, and had some interesting difference of opinions with them, but I can tell you, youre not going to find 2 better at this than those 2. In fact I learned alot form them, tightening up my own specs. If theyve got players that you dont, chances are your staff is doing something wrong

elvisisalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 08:09 PM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisisalive View Post
denpaq you are obviously new here. Both Scoutman and Lala know there stuff, my guess, a sight more than you. I was also a former scout, and had some interesting difference of opinions with them, but I can tell you, youre not going to find 2 better at this than those 2. In fact I learned alot form them, tightening up my own specs. If
theyve got players that you dont, chances are your staff is doing something wrong
I don't mean to be arrogant, but I will be better then both. I'm also younger.... So I do have time !

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:07 PM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

Quote:
i pass my self off as a scout because I am a scout with a real junior team, not sure who you are with as a scout but im glad I am not with your team...so tell me what names on there do nont deserve to be on there, of course my list has changed a bit since this one but tell me who i have who you never heard of and maybe I can help u out lol.

Old
01-14-2012, 09:25 PM
BLBarmada

Quote:
i pass my self off as a scout because I am a scout with a real junior team, not sure who you are with as a scout but im glad I am not with your team...so tell me what names on there do nont deserve to be on there, of course my list has changed a bit since this one but tell me who i have who
you never heard of and maybe I can help u out lol.

This to the power of 25 !!

I can vouch for the fact the scoutman is whom he says he is and he does work for a real junior team. Obviously I won't say which team. But he does.

You on the other hand, are well known in LSL and have a connection to the Deux-Rives Bantam AA Dauphins, and still have not told me who you are, and I answered your questions.

So who are you ?

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 09:13 AM
rocketfan

Could we get a mock draft for the upcoming draft with the current standings

rocketfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Scouting26

Its good to see the league allow more younger players to be eligible adding more rounds.

Scouting26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Scouting26

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Norris View Post
I'm interested in an update. I've heard some good things lately regarding Morgan Messenger & Josh Pugsley despite their size.
Josh Pugsley is having a great rookie season. Theres so many hockey players that dont have the size but have a lot of skill. Its going to be interesting to see if guys like pugsley will be passed at the draft just because of size, the skill is there

Old
02-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Scouting26

Ive been hearing a lot of good things about Kielly and gallant this year, seems every time I watch them they do well against every team but the flyers. Do you think these guys are a little overrated due to the weak league? Because i mean other than a couple teams in that league a lot of them just arnt major quality teams like teams up in Quebec.

Old
02-12-2012, 08:58 PM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouting26 View Post
Josh Pugsley is having a great rookie season. Theres so many hockey players that dont have the size but have a lot of skill. Its going to be interesting to see if guys like pugsley will be passed at the draft just because of size, the skill is there
like I said Puglsey is having a great rookie year, but when you watch him his offensive game might not translate to the QMJHL, he is not a stand out on offense in Midget no matter how many points he has, NOW I am not downplaying him as a player though because he has many other abilities...he is a good skater and playmaker, good work ethic, plays bigger than he is, but I would have to say one a better team than Pictou his offense might be a little better because he has to do everything himself I find...his size is a bit of an issue but that only means he probably will not play in the league next year as he will need another year probably in midget or Junior A...but for the amount of points he has in midget do not expect him to be a dominiat force in the offensive end at the QMJHL level, he looks to be more of a 3rd liner, ok in the offensive zone, good in all three zones and good work ethic.

Messenger if that guy was bigger than he is he would go top 2 rounds...his work ethic is 2nd to none, he plays like a guy who is 6'02, not scared, excellent jam to his game, good hands, good passing, excellent shooter, goes ot hte net, goes to dirty areas, plays two way, takes the body, he is complete, just size holding him back from being ranked higher.

Old
02-12-2012, 09:03 PM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

Quote:
Ive been hearing a lot of good things about Kielly and gallant this year, seems every time I watch them they do well against every team but the flyers. Do you think these guys are a little overrated due to the weak league? Because i mean other than a couple teams in that league a lot of them just arnt major quality teams like teams up in Quebec.
myself and this is personal opinion but I like Kielly a lot more than Gallant...Gallant is the one a fan will notice first because of his show time puck handling and great speed making end to end rushes....he is very inconsistant I find though, when he gets hit and the other team starts taking his rush away he disapears from the game...Kielly on the other hand, not as flashy, makes smart plays, moves well without the puck, excellent puck handling ability, rather use his teammates than make the rush himself and force a play...he has a quick release and good in tight areas, excellent vision and passing, controls the play rather than force, good in all areas of the ice, leadership qualities.

Old
02-13-2012, 07:55 PM
hockeyfan1977

Quote:

They both have had good games against Moncton just 2 examples
October 21st Kielly 3 points
sat dec 10 Kielly 3 points and gallant 2 points
In this game gallant and Kielly both scored in the shootout to edge out the win over Flyers...Not too shabby for rookies!

hockeyfan1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 08:43 PM
PG

Quote:
They are in tough against the Flyers because they don't have the depth or supporting cast against Moncton.....Gallant is the real deal

PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 08:42 AM
IslandScouter

Moncton is so strong, they are fun to watch. What do people think about N. Zilbert? he is playing very well.

Where are the atlantics for MM this year

IslandScouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 08:19 PM
hockeyfan1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG View Post
They are in tough against the Flyers because they don't have the depth or supporting cast against Moncton.....Gallant is the real deal
Hearing gallant is out with a knee injury after a nasty hit against the thunder..Hopefully he is not done for the season

hockeyfan1977 is offline   Reply With Quote