HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Penguins Memorabilia

Old
02-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Penguins Memorabilia

I'm looking to start my own collection as I only have a Pittsburgh Penguin puck unsigned and would like to garner a basement or future room worth over time. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some of the better sites such as Frozen Pond. Also, I'm looking to collect either a puck of every player in either this century or this years roster, or just an item of that person.

Which option should I go for?

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:56 AM
Penguins23
Le Magnifique

vCash: 500
I've spent thousands on EBAY but if you're going to do that be sure to look at the seller's feedback. I wouldn't necessarily buy autographed stuff on there as some people take a picture of the player signing their item but then sell 20 items so they are probably all fake. Sidney Crosby wouldn't stop in his SUV to sign 20 pucks for one guy.

If you're just looking for various Penguins stuff then Ebay is a great place to see all sorts of items. Watch out though, it's addictive.

02-14-2012, 11:29 AM
UnderratedBrooks44

My opinion: Just buy what you like and the players you like. I don't have a huge collection or anything but the stuff I do have is stuff that caught my eye or I found at the right time.

I don't really think seeking out something from every player or whatever is that fulfilling. I'd rather have 10 things signed by players I like than 30 signatures, 25 of which I could live without. That's just me.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 12:03 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Found a Fleury puck available for 15 on ebay + 3 postage.

Old
02-14-2012, 01:55 PM
iamjs
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
My opinion: Just buy what you like and the players you like. I don't have a huge collection or anything but the stuff I do have is stuff that caught my eye or I found at the right time.

I don't really think seeking out something from every player or whatever is that fulfilling. I'd rather have 10 things signed by players I like than 30 signatures, 25 of which I could live without. That's just me.
I made that "mistake" when I started collecting. Maybe not a mistake, but with limited area (in some cases), you get to see what you want to display and what you don't. After awhile, you realize that spot you reserved for that Patrick Boileau Ice Time or that autographed pic of Steve McKenna might be taking up room for a jersey or a larger pic. I'm going through that right now. I relocated and moved into a smaller apartment and don't want everything I have displayed on my walls. Once I buy my house and have my separate bar/penguin room, then maybe the whole collection will be displayed. But for now, the only Penguins stuff I have out are the case of bobbleheads and a Kris Letang pic done by @TPBStephen that I think somebody has as an avatar.

iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Jonjmc

Check here:

http://www.chuckthomas.com/

I have dealt with Chuck for many years, if he doesn't have exactly what you are looking for, give him a call and tell him. He will work with you. He always seems to have many cool and odd items.

Jonjmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:17 AM
PensFan68

I greatly cut back on my collecting a few years ago (have run outta room), but have purchased many things from chuck thomas. I've always been pleased, and there is just so much to choose from.

I haven't really bought anything autographed from ebay. I worry too much about the authenticity. I think I've gotten a few auto'd trading cards from low profile players, but that's about it. I've purchased non-auto'd collectibles that I'd recommend doing, but leave auto's to reputable companies (yeah, they're more expensive, but you know you're getting the real things).

PensFan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 07:37 AM
mrzeigler
Geno and Juss '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjs View Post
I made that "mistake" when I started collecting. Maybe not a mistake, but with limited area (in some cases), you get to see what you want to display and what you don't. After awhile, you realize that spot you reserved for that Patrick Boileau Ice Time or that autographed pic of Steve McKenna might be taking up room for a jersey or a larger pic. I'm going through that right now. I relocated and moved into a smaller apartment and don't want everything I have displayed on my walls. Once I buy my house and have my separate bar/penguin room, then maybe the whole collection will be displayed. But for now, the only Penguins stuff I have out are the case of bobbleheads and a Kris Letang pic done by @TPBStephen that I think somebody has as an avatar.
For the sheer uniqueness of it, I'd love to have an autographed McKenna Adelaide Avalanche (Australia) jersey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonjmc View Post
I see he has a set of the Lemieux nesting dolls. The Pens really should have a set of Malkin Russian nesting dolls made.

Last edited by mrzeigler: 02-15-2012 at 07:48 AM.
mrzeigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:49 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

I get my stuff from Frameworth. Love it

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Paid today so thought I'd look at things to buy.

Saw a Dionne puck for $21 and Vokoun for $21. Bidded on them both but it didn't accept my bid and by the time I could bid again the time had expired!

Old
02-16-2012, 07:05 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Try these:

http://frameworth.com/

http://auction.nhl.com/ (Which apparantly is the NHL equivilent to Ebay. Although unlike Ebay, everything on Auction.NHL.com is legit.)

I've also heard good things about Steiner Sports although I've never dealt with them myself. Their website = http://www.steinersports.com/

Funny fact: As good as Frameworth have been when I've ordered from them, I did happen to encounter a minor problem when I received the autographed Malkin puck that my girlfriend ordered from them for me for Valentine's Day. It came with the wrong certificate of authenticity. It was packaged with a COA for a signed Geno 8x10 photo instead of including a COA for a signed Malkin puck like it was supposed to.

But fortunately I emailed the manager of Frameworth today and apparantly she is gonna mail me the right certificate of authenticity.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:16 PM
thegenerel*

What do you guys do to display signed jerseys and sticks? I got a Sid Auto'd jersey for Christmas and have yet to do anything with it, have a few signed sticks but Im not sure how to display those either.

thegenerel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:53 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegenerel View Post
What do you guys do to display signed jerseys and sticks? I got a Sid Auto'd jersey for Christmas and have yet to do anything with it, have a few signed sticks but Im not sure how to display those either.
Sticks you can do this:

http://www.monsterpuck.com/hockey-st...play-case.html

For jerseys you can either get them framed at a craft store I.E. at a Michael's perhaps. Or you can buy one of these:

http://frameworth.com/cart/product.p...cat=195&page=1

http://frameworth.com/cart/product.p...cat=195&page=1

Old
02-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

I can't find any but anyone know online a place that still has the Stanley Cup Champions hats? I already have one but I don't want to wear it keeping it as memorabilia but I wanted to get another and wear it

Old
02-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Syrinx
Heh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
I can't find any but anyone know online a place that still has the Stanley Cup Champions hats? I already have one but I don't want to wear it keeping it as memorabilia but I wanted to get another and wear it
Wait until next year and they'll be all over the place (unless you're looking for a specific year).

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...p+hats&x=0&y=0

Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 08:17 PM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrinx View Post
Wait until next year and they'll be all over the place (unless you're looking for a specific year).

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...p+hats&x=0&y=0
I hope, would be nice to have another one

I didn't see it on Amazon, looking for the one the players got on the ice after winning it. Locker room cap

Old
02-21-2012, 05:30 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
Funny fact: As good as Frameworth have been when I've ordered from them, I did happen to encounter a minor problem when I received the autographed Malkin puck that my girlfriend ordered from them for me for Valentine's Day. It came with the wrong certificate of authenticity. It was packaged with a COA for a signed Geno 8x10 photo instead of including a COA for a signed Malkin puck like it was supposed to.

But fortunately I emailed the manager of Frameworth today and apparantly she is gonna mail me the right certificate of authenticity.
Update: Got my correct COA for my puck in the mail today. So a +1 for Frameworth's customer service.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:34 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Question: I bought two pucks off the NHL auction website through an auction from Free Shipping Warehouse. I won them, obviously, but do they contact me about payment or is it done automatically as my details are already on there?

Old
02-22-2012, 10:14 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Question: I bought two pucks off the NHL auction website through an auction from Free Shipping Warehouse. I won them, obviously, but do they contact me about payment or is it done automatically as my details are already on there?
The info should be on the auction page I would think?

What pucks did ya snag man?

Old
02-22-2012, 10:22 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Haven't received any e-mails from them yet so I'm going to check my Bank Account.

I bought: Alex Tanguay Heritage Classic autographed souvenir puck for $36 dollars

I think the other was a David Moss autographed puck for around $16 dollars.

Free shipping to any US or Canadian house.

Old
02-22-2012, 10:55 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Haven't received any e-mails from them yet so I'm going to check my Bank Account.

I bought: Alex Tanguay Heritage Classic autographed souvenir puck for $36 dollars

I think the other was a David Moss autographed puck for around $16 dollars.

Free shipping to any US or Canadian house.
Is this the listing for your Moss puck man?

http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...unbr=177547917

If it's the same one you bought, the page says:

Quote:
Payment:

To prevent fraudulent bidding, we require a valid MasterCard, Visa or American Express credit card to place a bid on any auction item. The credit card will be automatically processed to pay for the auction item if you are the successful auction winner.

Discover cannot be used to place a bid. We ONLY accept Credit Cards as method of Payment. All orders unpaid for after 48hrs will be canceled.

All final $US amounts are converted to $CDN before being charged. The conversion rate is determined by the affiliated bank on the day payment is processed. US Buyers Please Note: The $CDN amount charged will be converted back to $US by your credit card company using their conversion rate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shipping:

Shipping and Handling FREE within continental North America (Canada and the US)

Shipping via Fed Ex to INTERNATIONAL customers, please see the following rates:

Puck or 8x10 photo $25.00
16 x 20 Photo $25.00
Stick (Email us your address for a quote)
Jersey $45.00
Other Misc TBD.
All winning bidders are responsible for all tariffs, taxes, duties and any other additional costs associated with shipping inside or outside of North America.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customer Service:

if you require assistance please contact us via email:

auctions@hockeyink.com
Hope that helps man.

Old
02-23-2012, 11:32 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Money was taken from my bank account so I presume they're on their way.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:21 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Money was taken from my bank account so I presume they're on their way.
I'd assume so good Sir.

Minor gripe but Frameworth aren't the best for that either. Like I mean providing tracking #'s to see if your order is being processed, if it's been processed, or if your item has shipped, etc. They say you can track your order on their site, but I remember when my girlfriend bought me my autographed Geno puck from there, she had to send a few emails more or less demanding tracking info so she could see where my puck was a week after she placed the order. I hit the same snag when I bought my Winter Classic commemorative aluminum ticket from them.

Both items came, but I hate when companies dont send out "your stuff has been shipped" emails.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:52 PM
iamjs
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzeigler View Post
For the sheer uniqueness of it, I'd love to have an autographed McKenna Adelaide Avalanche (Australia) jersey.
I wouldn't mind getting a hold of his captain's jersey. I saw somebody had it on display at a show a few months ago, but couldn't bring myself to ask about it.

iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote