HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs dominate bruins. Lose 1-0

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2011, 11:33 PM
Neutrino

vCash: 500
From Vancouver Vs. Ottawa :

"Higgins and Lapierre in the Ottawa zone... And they miss !"

Same old same old... I want goalz !

Old
11-21-2011, 11:33 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone for your jar View Post
Bruins fan here, in war and peace. ;-)

Habs speed suffocates the Bruins. Takes away space & time, got the better of the territorial game. B's were able to compensate somewhat with strength in the puck battles, generally sound positional defense, and of course Thomas, but not by much.

This was a hard-hitting yet drama-free game (at least on the ice!), unusual by Mtl-Bos standards, and perhaps a harbinger of things to come. It's always a fascinating encounter, between these two. The teams are built off different templates, but they're becoming more like each other as time goes on, as Habs add muscle and B's add speed. In a weird way, the teams are made stronger by the other's existence.

I don't look forward to the day Markov returns.
absolutely

Old
11-21-2011, 11:36 PM
nfld77

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Average goalie with an exceptional troupe of bodies that drops in the slot. Countless times I watch the bruins dive into the crease blocking good shots and allowing perimetre shots. Never seen a goalie with such terrible rebound control. I really don't give a **** how hard he has worked that has nothing to do with any of this.

If shots never got to the net, Thomas's save % would never be so exceptional. Thats proves how good he is. That stat alone. Thomas and Price are well above average!!

Old
11-21-2011, 11:44 PM
Double XX L

Quote:

Habs speed suffocates the Bruins. Takes away space & time, got the better of the territorial game. B's were able to compensate somewhat with strength in the puck battles, generally sound positional defense, and of course Thomas, but not by much.

This was a hard-hitting yet drama-free game (at least on the ice!), unusual by Mtl-Bos standards, and perhaps a harbinger of things to come. It's always a fascinating encounter, between these two. The teams are built off different templates, but they're becoming more like each other as time goes on, as Habs add muscle and B's add speed. In a weird way, the teams are made stronger by the other's existence.

Great post

You are right though... these 2 teams definately feed off of their meetings. But the tension on that ice is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

You know with our 2 teams, it's personal (b/ween the players I mean)

Old
11-21-2011, 11:48 PM
Et le But

Quote:

Great analysis of the the matchup, it's nice to see a great, tactical game like that without the drama. I agree, this rivalry is helping both teams.

Old
11-21-2011, 11:58 PM
nfld77

Personally, I always considered Bruins/Habs as the best rivalry in all sports. I guess fans of other sports or other nhl teams would disagree with me. But this rivalry goes back many years. I'm 48 and it's always been there since I've been watching.

You can't get the feeling unless you actually have respect for the other team in this fierce rivalry. I have plenty of respect for the Habs. Most times we say"we hate the Bruins or Habs", but again, with its rich history, you gotta respect what these 2 teams have given us!!
Would hockey be the same for you Hab fans if the Bruins somehow folded as a team?? It would never ever be the same for me if it happened to Montreal. We;d be losing alot..

Old
11-22-2011, 12:04 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfld77 View Post
Personally, I always considered Bruins/Habs as the best rivalry in all sports. I guess fans of other sports or other nhl teams would disagree with me. But this rivalry goes back many years. I'm 48 and it's always been there since I've been watching.

You can't get the feeling unless you actually have respect for the other team in this fierce rivalry. I have plenty of respect for the Habs. Most times we say"we hate the Bruins or Habs", but again, with its rich history, you gotta respect what these 2 teams have given us!!
Would hockey be the same for you Hab fans if the Bruins somehow folded as a team?? It would never ever be the same for me if it happened to Montreal. We;d be losing alot..
It's true, I hate the Bruins, but it wouldn't be the same without you guys. I was waiting for this game all day for instance. Definitely the best rivalry in the NHL, and one of, if not the best in sports.

Old
11-22-2011, 12:06 AM
Double XX L

Quote:

I totally agree with you as well

It would be a disgustingly sad day to hockey if either one of these teams called it a day.

No doubt about it, best (and most meaningful) rivalry game in, game out.
Furthermore, my cousin would be out of a job if the Bruins folded, so I guess it's good to keep him employed. So long as the habs can keep him losing for... 16 more years? Then my boys will be ready!

Old
11-22-2011, 12:09 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koivu2001 View Post
pleks on the point doesnt wooork! Martin wake the f up.
that clearly showed last game ...

he is calm with the puck and distributes it well and fast ... on top of being able to get it on the net with a hard shot when needed.

he is more effective at the point than at the circle ... imho. and he HAS to play on the pp. he is our best player and has clearly been for 3 years now.

Old
11-22-2011, 12:16 AM
nfld77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
I totally agree with you as well

It would be a disgustingly sad day to hockey if either one of these teams called it a day.

No doubt about it, best (and most meaningful) rivalry game in, game out.
Furthermore, my cousin would be out of a job if the Bruins folded, so I guess it's good to keep him employed. So long as the habs can keep him losing for... 16 more years? Then my boys will be ready!

If your boys are the 2 in your picture, you got 2 winners there brother. What a picture, congrats.

Old
11-22-2011, 12:20 AM
nfld77

Forgot to add Ghost. I was to Barrie a couple times, last time a couple yrs ago. Have family there. My cousin Robin own the auto store "The Parts Source" right in Barrie. What an awesome ares of Ontario. I done some deer hunting while I was there. Grat place, great people!

Old
11-22-2011, 12:28 AM
Et le But

I just realized that Emelin got the 3rd star. Up and down game but he definitely brought a lot to the D line, and was probably our best defender for the first half of the game.

Old
11-22-2011, 12:48 AM
Double XX L

Quote:
If your boys are the 2 in your picture, you got 2 winners there brother. What a picture, congrats.

For sure December 15th 2008 was the greatest day of my life (and February 20th of this year- my daughter)

My boys though... LOVE hockey (just like me lol)

Lex is the dark haired one... He's growing up as a dead ringer for me lol (except he has darker hair)

Me and the Mrs. both figure he's going to grow to be similar to me.
But he already has a head start... he has had a stick in hand, shooting pucks at just under a year old, and hasnt stopped. He's full of non-stop energy...
He's hooked lol He wont go to bed if there's a game on the tv... and is learning how to skate.

Van, the oldest, is going to be MUCH, MUCH bigger than me. He's the protective one, and hasnt quite grown in to his body yet... We figure he's more like my wife's brother... around 6-6. Just because he had similar issues when he was young, before he grew in to his build.

So I figure I made the Habs future top goalscorer, and top line shut down d-men

They both want to be hockey players (I know it's early, but a dad can dream right lol) So I am making sure they get every effort to play

Old
11-22-2011, 12:56 AM
Double XX L

Quote:
Forgot to add Ghost. I was to Barrie a couple times, last time a couple yrs ago. Have family there. My cousin Robin own the auto store "The Parts Source" right in Barrie. What an awesome ares of Ontario. I done some deer hunting while I was there. Grat place, great people!
Right on I grew up here, and watched the city grow

It is a great place to be, and raise the kiddoes Doing the commute to hog-town just to make sure of that

The Part Source is an awesome store btw (on Anne and Dunlop) it's the only place for true knowledge and selection when it comes to car accessories in this town

Hope you snagged a couple deer while you visited

It's funny how growing up, you always want to go elsewhere, only to find you are already home lol

Old
11-22-2011, 01:06 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Meh... It sucks to lose but I cant say that the habs didnt have their chances. The team probably deserved a better fate but lets go through some of the positives...

1) Diaz and Emelin had their best game thus far as a pairing. If they can get some consistency out of these guys.... watch out

2) St Denis still looks like he belongs. I think he's already exceeded what the habs thought they were getting when they called him up.

3) Gomez has put together a couple strong games in a row. Also, I dont have the numbers but it seems like he's winning a lot of faceoffs lately... big plus there

Out of all the positives, it seems wrong that the habs came out with no points, but this type of game is a recipe to win alot of games, and there's so much help coming to look forward to. Its strange to say this say this after a loss, but I'm kinda getting excited about the prospects of this team.

Old
11-22-2011, 01:07 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Emelin was great.

Old
11-22-2011, 01:20 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:

Yeah, there wasnt so much cheap stuff after the whistle today. It was a game with some hard hits, but no stupid stuff after the whistle, not too many hacks and whacks either

I think the bruins sometimes let their emotions get the best of them against the habs and turn it into a bar fight. Today, they just seemed focus on playing a strong defensive game, and it worked. I guess it also helps to focus when you aren't behind on the scoreboard.

I thought chara was pretty much mistake free today and the best bruin besides Thomas. He just had a flawless game except when he blew a tire against Cole's speed from the outside.

While Thomas had to be a big on certain occasions, I thought the bruins generallydid a good job of clogging up the slot and having their sticks in shooting lanes. The attention to detail was apparent.

I still think the habs should have got at least a point out of this, but I'm encouraged with the overall game that they played. It was an interesting game.

Old
11-22-2011, 03:57 AM
kigol

don't know if it's been posted yet.

Old
11-22-2011, 04:16 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
even assuming that it's a boston fan that got assaulted, it's ****ing disgusting...

Old
11-22-2011, 05:05 AM
habsjunkie2*

I didn't see Thomas make a great save the whole game, we had the pressure, no doubt, but I didn't find TT miraculous. I found him actually quite terrible. He was dropping pucks everywhere and giving rebounds from the icing line. We never had quality chances tonight. Can't think of too many, that's for sure.

Old
11-22-2011, 05:38 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
even assuming that it's a boston fan that got assaulted, it's ****ing disgusting...
How the hell would we know how it started anyway?

Old
11-22-2011, 05:43 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:

Good on you and some of your friends to come here over. Obviously a little easier to do so in a win...., but it shows that Bruins fans are like habs fans.....a whole lot of good guys mixed with not so good ones. I prefer to concentrate on the good ones.

We can wait for an healthy lineup....if that can happen one day.

Old
11-22-2011, 05:48 AM
kassian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kigol View Post
don't know if it's been posted yet.

People can't behave for ****.

Old
11-22-2011, 05:50 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodson Hoggs View Post
People can't behave for ****.
And that's in the Reds....so people could shut up about the highest sections for a change...

Old
11-22-2011, 06:07 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Neither team really did anything on offense. Boston had like two chances and scored on one of them. The Habs had a lot of shots but IMO very few quality scoring chances. Thomas was good but he didn't have to be great.

The team played well but they were kept to the outside for the most part.

Closed Thread