HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Richards performance so far??

Old
11-22-2011, 01:24 AM
PhoenixDog
Flamer for Life !!!

vCash: 500
Mike Richards performance so far??

How has Richards looked so far? likely he's till getting used to his team mates, but I would've expected a bit more in terms of point production. will he ever be able to hit pt per game mark in LA? or will that be tough to achieve playing on the 2nd line?

PhoenixDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 01:40 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

If he plays like he has been thus far, I could care less if he hits a point per game or not. The dudes been f!#$king awesome.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 01:44 AM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Superb is one word I'd use to describe him. The best penalty killer this team has had in years is another way to put it. He could hit a PPG but I don't really care one way or the other honestly. His quick decision making with and without the puck is amazing.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 01:48 AM
SLang

I give him an A. I'd give him an A+ but he seems to be having a bigger and bigger impact so I'm not really sure where A+ is with him....

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 01:51 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Right up there with Kopitar. Solid and clutch. Definitely a natural leader too, didn't really take the scouting report that seriously till I saw him a few games, but it is impossible to miss. My favorite player and will probably remain that way for a long long time now with him having the longest contract on the team and a clause likely to be upheld. Probably will amount to Dean's finest move.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 01:54 AM
SLang

I just want to add, as unpopular as it may be, that I think Brown will relinquish the captaincy to Richards by the start of next season.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 01:59 AM
Kingurentai

I'd like to take this time to thank (for the hundredth time) Pronger's giant ego, the Philly media, and Flyer owners.

Can't wait to see him in the playoffs.

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 02:00 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

He's been the best Kings skater not named Kopitar.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 02:00 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
I just want to add, as unpopular as it may be, that I think Brown will relinquish the captaincy to Richards by the start of next season.
I don't see that as even being remotely possible. The management certainly wouldn't be in favor of it, and the locker room already acknowledges Brown as the leader. He has been playing better as of late. People just expect more from him on the ice than he is really capable of. Kopitar deserves it most if it had to change jerseys, even then though, as long as Brown is with the Kings, he will wear the 'C'.

Old
11-22-2011, 02:17 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
Why would Brown relinquish his captaincy? Not gonna happen.

In fact, I'd be very surprised if Richards even got an "A" unless Greene got traded.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 02:27 AM
Kingurentai

Let mike be mike. No captaincy unless he asks for it.

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 02:52 AM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
I cringe every time I see the media interview him. Let the kid play hockey, he doesn't like it and it shows.

On side note it drives me batty when they interview players on the bench during the game. Let the players play the game, then at the end of the game talk to them.

TwzKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 02:57 AM
unhinged97

Richards has been exactly what we had hoped he would be. The lack of media attention, possibly even the lack of an "official" leader letter, I'm sure has helped him just be the best player he can be.

unhinged97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 02:58 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

This play just embodies what Richards is all about, I can watch it over and over all day long.

Old
11-22-2011, 03:59 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Richards has been flat out amazing

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 07:23 AM
damacles1156

Richards is everything we hoped he would be and MORE. The guy is a freakin Gamer.

Also no letters for him please, just let the Guy play Hockey. In every interview so far; he has commented on how, LA media basically doesn't care about hockey and how nice that is.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 08:46 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Richards is everything we hoped he would be and MORE. The guy is a freakin Gamer.

Also no letters for him please, just let the Guy play Hockey. In every interview so far; he has commented on how, LA media basically doesn't care about hockey and how nice that is.
On the rare occasion when he does an interview you can tell that he really wants nothing to do with the media. I think he is happy that in LA all he has to do is give "canned" answers and the questions are easy.

I want someone to ask him, "So Mike, how big an ***hole is Pronger?"

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 09:11 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

I hate that he's not a Flyer, but I'm glad he's gone somewhere he's appreciated, rather than treated like crap by no-nothing media and the Stepfords who follow them. Glad you guys are seeing the Richards we've watched for years - he looks like he's having fun playing again, and it shows on the scoreboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
On the rare occasion when he does an interview you can tell that he really wants nothing to do with the media. I think he is happy that in LA all he has to do is give "canned" answers and the questions are easy.

I think he's probably still a bit gun shy with the media, after the complete bleepshow in Philly in the past couple of years. When you see him interviewed by the Canadian media, he's completely different. I think over time, he will relax with the LA guys and be more himself with them.

I'd LOVE to see him asked that question.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 09:37 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwzKing View Post
On side note it drives me batty when they interview players on the bench during the game. Let the players play the game, then at the end of the game talk to them.
While I do find it intertesting, I agree. Let the players (and coaches too) play the game. Ask them about it after. Real fans will wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
This play just embodies what Richards is all about, I can watch it over and over all day long.

The Red Wings D didn't really play that well but I 100% agree. Mike Richards is all hustle and drive, and that play shows it in spades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Me too. Likely, there is a longer than of players than we think who would be good to ask that question too.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 01:40 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Dude has been awesome. Problem is save for Kopi, Voynov and sometimes JJ, every other skilled player has been a disappointment.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 03:34 PM
reset
Puck Luck

one word: STUD

reset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 03:40 PM
ShattStar03

I love Richards, the guy is a mensa at hockey.

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Johnny Utah

Richards does not seem to interview very well....but he seems to communicate well on the ice with all his teammates...

What I like about him so far is he comes up big at the right time...he threw that hit on Vorachek after the Rinaldo hit on Doughty...he just knows when certain things have to happen in a game...

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Shellz

The Flyers are going to regret this trade. They made a huge mistake, but one teams loss is another ones gain. I'm so happy he is a King. You loved what he did on the Flyers, but you love him more when he's on your team.

The thing about Richards is, if he isn't scoring, he is doing everything else. You want that in hockey players and that's what he does. It really is a dream come true to have him representing the Kings. I only have great things to say about him.

I do this trade every chance I get.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 04:22 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
The Flyers are going to regret this trade. They made a huge mistake, but one teams loss is another ones gain. I'm so happy he is a King. You loved what he did on the Flyers, but you love him more when he's on your team.

The thing about Richards is, if he isn't scoring, he is doing everything else. You want that in hockey players and that's what he does. It really is a dream come true to have him representing the Kings. I only have great things to say about him.

I do this trade every chance I get.
It's a little premature amiga. We've yet to see the best of Schenn and Simmer.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote