HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11/22/11 - 7:30PM EDT - Toronto vs Tampa Bay

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Sear91

vCash: 500
Jesus Christ what a painful game to watch. Pathetic.

Old
11-22-2011, 09:07 PM
I Am Beat You

That was truly embarrassing. And thanks Boucher for playing guys at the end who would never in a million years play like they're upset at the team getting their ass kicked. We need a spark.

Old
11-22-2011, 09:08 PM
zeykshade

We look completely lost.

Old
11-22-2011, 09:08 PM
TBLHoser

Really sad part is the Leafs are hurting worse than us at D and Goal and are weaker in the forward position too. Doesn't make sense period....Are we really that weak on D or do we just have a lousy system? I did notice the Leafs playing the 1-3-1 early in the game....

Old
11-22-2011, 09:13 PM
I Am Beat You

We're a soft team with a terrible D and a declining goalie. It was all showcased tonight.

Old
11-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
And thanks Boucher for playing guys at the end who would never in a million years play like they're upset at the team getting their ass kicked.
It'd be nice if they played with some passion before they got blown out of their own building. Hopefully they're embarrassed by this and it gets them to pull their heads out of their *****.

Old
11-22-2011, 09:20 PM
Mansfield
possession obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn2007 View Post
****ing roloson god dammit just STAY IN UR NET GOALIES HOW ****ING HARD IS THAT JESUS CHRIST
clearly you haven't seen ben scrivens play

bad luck tonight guys, seems like we got every bounce and you guys didn't get any

Old
11-22-2011, 09:21 PM
60 Carlton Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
and are weaker in the forward position too. Doesn't make sense period....
not sure how you figure that?, Leafs have # 1& 2 scoring forwards in the league right now

Old
11-22-2011, 09:24 PM
vezna*
Canada's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
Really sad part is the Leafs are hurting worse than us at D and Goal and are weaker in the forward position too. Doesn't make sense period....Are we really that weak on D or do we just have a lousy system? I did notice the Leafs playing the 1-3-1 early in the game....
Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Schenn
Liles - Franson

how are we hurting in D? we only lost komisarek. franson isn't worse than komisarek imo. schenn is past his slump and is playing real good. and you saw gardiner for yourself tonight... +4, 2 assists, nuff said?

Old
11-22-2011, 09:36 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60 Carlton Street View Post
not sure how you figure that?, Leafs have # 1& 2 scoring forwards in the league right now
On paper we have the better forward group. Before the game is played

Old
11-22-2011, 09:39 PM
Captain Slow

The most infuriating thing about this team is its inconsistency. How does the same team that beats the Pens and Blackhawks lose 7-1 on home ice to Toronto? It's like bipolar hockey out there, sorta. And then at the end of the game they don't even seem upset about being flat out embarrassed. Sometimes I wonder if they even realize how pathetic they've played.

Old
11-22-2011, 09:48 PM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rschmitz View Post
On paper we have the better forward group. Before the game is played
on paper, behind Stamkos, St.Louis, and Leclavier, there really isn't much to worry about. Leafs kept most of it to the outside.

Old
11-22-2011, 09:50 PM
CommunistDayKare
I'M SORRY RUM HAM

Games like that just make you wanna commit seppuku.

Old
11-22-2011, 09:59 PM
snowden
Man is matter

Why was Downie not on the bench in the 3rd? He didn't seem to be hurt at all. Was it just Boucher sitting him down?

Also, can we start to question Boucher now or is everyone still in the honeymoon phase?

Old
11-22-2011, 10:01 PM
I Am Beat You

Boucher can do no wrong. Apparently Downie is day to day with an upper body injury.

Old
11-22-2011, 10:11 PM
TBLHoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezna View Post
Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Schenn
Liles - Franson

how are we hurting in D? we only lost komisarek. franson isn't worse than komisarek imo. schenn is past his slump and is playing real good. and you saw gardiner for yourself tonight... +4, 2 assists, nuff said?
Correction....I probably should've said hurting overall as you had injuries throughout the lineup, not just the D. Don't get too high on your team though....this was just an abberation....

Old
11-22-2011, 10:18 PM
LateNightOilerFan

Ugh. This is 07/08 all over again with Roli & Garon. Roli's trying to do too much with the playing of the puck, trying to get calls, etc. I don't think it's his physical ability deteriorating, people will probably think I'm nuts for saying that given his age, but it seems he's just plain thinking too much, doing too much and getting away from keeping his game simple. I imagine Garon will get the next few starts, maybe he'll bring more consistency and maybe the team can build off that.

The only thing I can say is this is probably killing Roli right now, and he has shown in the past he can come back from being in a funk, work constantly in practice and make adjustments. I realize not everyone here has the patience for that though.

Old
11-22-2011, 10:35 PM
TBLHoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNightOilerFan View Post
Ugh. This is 07/08 all over again with Roli & Garon. Roli's trying to do too much with the playing of the puck, trying to get calls, etc. I don't think it's his physical ability deteriorating, people will probably think I'm nuts for saying that given his age, but it seems he's just plain thinking too much, doing too much and getting away from keeping his game simple. I imagine Garon will get the next few starts, maybe he'll bring more consistency and maybe the team can build off that.

The only thing I can say is this is probably killing Roli right now, and he has shown in the past he can come back from being in a funk, work constantly in practice and make adjustments. I realize not everyone here has the patience for that though.
Especially since we haven't had a real goalie since Khabby.....Smitty showed promise but that faded after a few knocks on his noggin and he just wasn't the same. I'd still take Roli over Ellis still but he's starting to make me question him now. One mistake here and there, one bad game once in a while, but weak goals are becoming too frequent. Unfortunately, no toughness on D isn't helping him at all. We need a Chara type player back there....

Old
11-22-2011, 11:01 PM
Nuck This

Schneider and Schroeder for Connolly......

Old
11-22-2011, 11:25 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNightOilerFan View Post

I would agree with you that it's not a physical issue but a mental one. In past years, Roloson's always had to battle for a #1 job and was not just handed it (was with the Isles but DiPietro was still considered their #1 when healthy). Part of the issue this year, imo, is that he's trying to play above and beyond what he's used to and taking it upon himself to try and be a difference. All we need him to be is solid enough to keep us in games, which he's clearly not doing.

Filling a hole by adding a top 4 defenseman just masks the goaltending issue. And if we make the playoffs with this roster it'll mean not getting a top 14 pick where we could select a defenseman who could make a big difference in a year or two. Also, the goaltending situation needs to be addressed at the latest next off-season, which presents another obstacle...going forward, I have no idea what can be addressed to salvage this situation for both the short and long term.

Old
11-22-2011, 11:44 PM
LightningStrikes

vCash: 50
Oh wow. I guess I should be glad I had to miss this one.

Is it officially time to panic yet?

Old
11-23-2011, 01:13 AM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
One of the most embarrasing results ever, considering it was home ice and all, the players should be ashamed and something must happen, call-up players, bench players etc..

11-23-2011, 04:39 AM
Benders Lindyhop

I'm beginning to not hate leaving games early for work.

Yzerman is going to have to do something. Ohlund coming back in two weeks is not going to solve this teams problems. Calling up Tyrell or Ashton is not going to do it either.

Doesn't mean there has to be a firesale, but something needs to be done on the backend. A team that depends on the defensive scheme that the Lightning do cannot continue to look that bad in their own end.

Old
11-23-2011, 05:07 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Embarrasing performance, lucky of me I went to bed at half of the 2nd.

We need a goalie and a d-man SOON

Old
11-23-2011, 05:35 AM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
What worries me is that almost everyone is playing poorly, it's not one or two guys but the whole team

Closed Thread