HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

"Won't Get Fooled Again" / Edmonton Oilers @ Nashville Predators 7:00pm

Old
11-22-2011, 09:37 PM
AdmiralsFan24

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
I tip my hat to the new constitution.

AdmiralsFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 09:41 PM
Firestorm

I'm never making a GDT again.

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 09:42 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

We're never making the playoffs.

Oh, and fire Trotz.

What'd I forget? Uhhh...oh, right.

Weber's leaving, we'll never sign Suter...uh...something about Rinne...

On to tomorrow!

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 09:44 PM
t0psh3lfclu7ch
Real Men Have Scars

Send a message via ICQ to t0psh3lfclu7ch
can i make your next gdt?

t0psh3lfclu7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 09:44 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post
We're never making the playoffs.

Oh, and fire Trotz.

What'd I forget? Uhhh...oh, right.

Weber's leaving, we'll never sign Suter...uh...something about Rinne...

On to tomorrow!
Don't forget 'fire Poile!' That should about cover it.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 09:47 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
That's a bit petty. How many GMs should kick themselves for letting Weber slide? Rinne?
Right, Poile saw the Vezina finalist all along in Rinne. That's why he snagged him so fast with the last pick of the 8th round. Rinne was lightening in a bottle.

The Pikard comment was just reminding people who all the time jump and down and wish we had more scoring that our GM has continuously wasted our first picks on players who have not, and will not ever contribute to our offense.

Since we don't have the funds to compete in the free agent market, we have to draft players like Eberle instead of smurfs like Ellis and goalie's like Finley, Pikard, and Hellberg (that's 2 1sts and 2 2nds for those keeping score at home).

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 09:50 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Not to take anything away from our suck, but the Oilers aren't a bad team anymore. That kid line is unbelievable.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 09:52 PM
NoNecksCurse

2 questions guys.... 1. how was the crowd tonight, any boos? 2. how did tootoo score? thanks

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 09:57 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

waste...put some talent in the top 6...

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 10:19 PM
AEM6729

The only bright spots of tonight:

1. Peterson's postgame interview with Willy...amazing. "Ohhh man I'm gonna get in trouble for saying all that!"

2. fakelindback on Twitter

3. Toots and the young guys (Smith, Wilson, Horny) working their butts off

That's all. Everybody else sucked.

We'll win tomorrow though. Book it.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 10:20 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
2 questions guys.... 1. how was the crowd tonight, any boos? 2. how did tootoo score? thanks
1. Huge, almost a sellout, and lots of boos.

2. Tipped in a Weber slappy

ETA: Official crowd size was 16,838

Old
11-22-2011, 10:25 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
What did Peterson say?

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 10:29 PM
cleangene

I know the preds haven't actually done the unthinkable and actually SCORED on their last 2 5 on 3's, but anyone know if there's been a freaking SHOT ON GOAL during the last 2 5 on 3's??? Tonight, I also notice Honey Badger drifting more towards the boards on the pp (you know, "Marty's Office"); I guess this means he's becoming more and more like a REAL PREDATOR now, right???

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 10:45 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
What did Peterson say?
He basically went on a rant and barely let Willy get a word in edgewise...Willy would ask like one question and Peterson would go on and on for minutes at a time, I wish audio of it was available somewhere.

He said that we've been playing badly for awhile now but Pekka was saving our butts, and it finally caught up with us. He said several times that he's been unhappy with how we've been playing despite our record. Said that tonight we didn't get the saves and the goalies didn't stand on their heads and "everything went in", but he doesn't blame the goalies because we've been playing poorly in front of them for a couple weeks now.

He also repeatedly alluded to "certain individuals" who are "playing like shadows of themselves" compared to last year and he seemed so fired up about it that I bet if Willy would've let him keep talking he would've named names. He kept using the phrase "certain individuals" and "shadows of themselves". Said that we have a lot of players...and some star players...who aren't playing up to their capabilities. That we're getting away from our team identity, while other teams like Dallas and the Oilers are taking our hard-work, all-team game plan and running with it. The only players he mentioned as doing well (because he said he wanted to "say something positive") were Wilson, Smith, and Horny. Maybe he said Toots. He also said Suter and Weber but said they try to do too much sometimes. He also said that half the team isn't playing like a team.

He was MAD, and it was awesome. I love hearing someone within the organization candidly say what I feel as a fan. He was on a roll...you know the "certain individuals" he means are almost certainly Kostitsyn, and probably every defenseman that's not Weber or Suter. Obviously some of the other forwards too. He was fired up though, he's obviously not happy with the team in general right now.

I hope the rest of the team is as mad as he is; if so we're going to crush the Wild tomorrow.

Old
11-22-2011, 11:06 PM
tserberis*

Agree about SK. He sucks bad of lately.
No passes, no shots, no hustle...

I'd say he is the worst as of now considering the expectations for each of the Preds.

P.S. See him get benched tomorrow.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 11:13 PM
hockey diva

+1

That was embarassing! I know Edmonton is good, look what they did to Chicago Saturday night. But we made it way too easy for them. Missed passes, missed assignments, missed nets, failure to shoot, etc, etc, The lack of effort from alot of the guys was pathetic. And where is the leadership holding guys accountable?

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 11:32 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
I know the preds haven't actually done the unthinkable and actually SCORED on their last 2 5 on 3's, but anyone know if there's been a freaking SHOT ON GOAL during the last 2 5 on 3's???
Can't speak for the penultimate one, but they had something like three or four shots on this game's 5 on 3. Gave me something almost distantly resembling hope at the time.

This sort of hockey, however, was overall rather depressingly familiar. Hopelessly lose in the first period, try to pick back up in the second and get nowhere, push a little more in the third and then give up shortly thereafter. Only difference is that the team I was watching was wearing gold this time.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 11:53 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Well this is the first game that I've missed this year, whether by being there live or watching on tv/internet. Looks like a game against the Oil from 2 years ago where we were down 4-0 in the 1st period. Somehow the Oilers have owned us recently. Take this whooping and forget about it. Game day again against Minnesota. They also have been playing damn good hockey.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 11:56 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Let's get back to talking about the trainwre... err... game, please.

edit: realized this might look strange to most of you since you can no longer see a handful of posts. Anyway, carry on

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 11-23-2011 at 12:03 AM.
ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:01 AM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Can't speak for the penultimate one, but they had something like three or four shots on this game's 5 on 3. Gave me something almost distantly resembling hope at the time.

This sort of hockey, however, was overall rather depressingly familiar. Hopelessly lose in the first period, try to pick back up in the second and get nowhere, push a little more in the third and then give up shortly thereafter. Only difference is that the team I was watching was wearing gold this time.
Hah! Exactly what I was thinking - the team's overall play was nearing Blue Jacket suckage tonight.

I told the DW after the game that sometimes you wonder just what they do in practice, because often times it looks like it's their first game together, what with all of the missed passes, bad passes, poor decisions, etc.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:09 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
1. Huge, almost a sellout, and lots of boos.

2. Tipped in a Weber slappy

ETA: Official crowd size was 16,838
thanks alot man !! thats a great crowd for a raining tuesday night! too bad the preds played like they always do unless pekka plays like superman. the loss is even more disappointing with the big crowd..

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:12 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
thanks alot man !! thats a great crowd for a raining tuesday night! too bad the preds played like they always do unless pekka plays like superman. the loss is even more disappointing with the big crowd..
This is almost how they ALWAYS play in front of a packed house, especially on weeknights.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:36 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Well this piece of crap was an awesome thing to see after a 16 hour bus ride...

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:38 AM
Top 6 Spaling

I repeat:

Weber, Suter, Blum
for
Hall, Eberle, RNH

I am terrified of the "kid line" for the next 15 years. (assuming they can stay together).

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 01:14 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
He basically went on a rant and barely let Willy get a word in edgewise...Willy would ask like one question and Peterson would go on and on for minutes at a time, I wish audio of it was available somewhere.

He said that we've been playing badly for awhile now but Pekka was saving our butts, and it finally caught up with us. He said several times that he's been unhappy with how we've been playing despite our record. Said that tonight we didn't get the saves and the goalies didn't stand on their heads and "everything went in", but he doesn't blame the goalies because we've been playing poorly in front of them for a couple weeks now.

He also repeatedly alluded to "certain individuals" who are "playing like shadows of themselves" compared to last year and he seemed so fired up about it that I bet if Willy would've let him keep talking he would've named names. He kept using the phrase "certain individuals" and "shadows of themselves". Said that we have a lot of players...and some star players...who aren't playing up to their capabilities. That we're getting away from our team identity, while other teams like Dallas and the Oilers are taking our hard-work, all-team game plan and running with it. The only players he mentioned as doing well (because he said he wanted to "say something positive") were Wilson, Smith, and Horny. Maybe he said Toots. He also said Suter and Weber but said they try to do too much sometimes. He also said that half the team isn't playing like a team.

He was MAD, and it was awesome. I love hearing someone within the organization candidly say what I feel as a fan. He was on a roll...you know the "certain individuals" he means are almost certainly Kostitsyn, and probably every defenseman that's not Weber or Suter. Obviously some of the other forwards too. He was fired up though, he's obviously not happy with the team in general right now.

I hope the rest of the team is as mad as he is; if so we're going to crush the Wild tomorrow.
Coach Peterson always tells it how it is and rarely pulls punches. I see him a lot during intermissions, sometimes he stays up around Poile's box and talks, tonight...he was in the locker room area downstairs. Saw him on his way back to the box as the second intermission started...he was visibly upset still and you can tell he let some words fly downstairs.

His body might be slowing him down, but his mind and spirit are still 100% intact! Always a pleasure to listen to him on the post-game show!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote