HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

defensive zone/ neutral zone play on the rush.

Old
11-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Rebels21

vCash: 500
defensive zone/ neutral zone play on the rush.

ok so ive recently been moved up to play wing after playing defense for a while so now heres one of my bigger problems. when i get the puck in the defensive zone by the hash marks i have the defender pinching into me. what do i do. i usually try to chip the puck out into open space but it often leads to a turn over. should i try to skate it more at the risk of creating a turnover? i also have the same problem in the neutral zone. if i get a pass and then i try to skate i usually go for the dump and chase but my line isnt scoring, so i feel like we should change it up.

Rebels21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 07:13 AM
AndreD

vCash: 500
Ideally as the defender pinches you should offload to your centre who will then be past the d who has come in to pinch you and will have a rush on goal, of course this relies on the centre being in the right place. It sounds like you're not talking to each other enough on the ice, make sure you always know where everyone else is but if you have to do it dump and chase isn't a bad play.

AndreD is offline   Reply With Quote