HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Haley Has Been Called Up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here Comes The Boom

Old
11-25-2011, 02:47 PM
OlTimeHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doshell Propivo View Post
Had Rolston signed elsewhere and he was now available to the Isles via waivers, I wonder how many "sign him Garth!" threads we would have seen...
yep.

Our fanbase is as lost as the team.

No one wants to look at the real issues and deal with the repercussions of acting on them.

Our GM is not the best and many do not want better.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 04:33 PM
ScaredStreit

vCash: 61
Haley wont make any difference with this team.

ScaredStreit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 04:48 PM
Bronx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredStreit View Post
Unless he can play goalie!

Bronx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 07:22 PM
rollin109

Quote:
He already has, sorry you cant see that

rollin109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

vCash: 1130
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin109 View Post
He already has, sorry you cant see that
Yeah Haley came up huge the last 2 games..

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 07:36 PM
rollin109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
Oh, I apologize youre right, I just realized he has 0 points through 2 games....worthless

Old
11-25-2011, 07:50 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

vCash: 1130
Quote:
Oh, I apologize youre right, I just realized he has 0 points through 2 games....worthless
Pretty much and he will have no points tomorrow as well to solidify my previous post.

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 07:55 PM
rollin109

Quote:
Pretty much and he will have no points tomorrow as well to solidify my previous post.

Old
11-26-2011, 01:56 PM
ScaredStreit

Quote:
I understand as fans, we want some bright spots to look at it. But Haley isn't that good-and wont make a difference. I said he wouldn't make a difference-and he hasn't. Thus far he has 0 points-but more importantly we still have 0 wins (unless we beat the Devils today).

Old
11-26-2011, 02:15 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
I understand as fans, we want some bright spots to look at it. But Haley isn't that good-and wont make a difference. I said he wouldn't make a difference-and he hasn't. Thus far he has 0 points-but more importantly we still have 0 wins (unless we beat the Devils today).
If he plays with energy and Martin plays with energy and Tavares plays with energy, there are 17 guys on the bench being shown up. Pride sets in. Everyone plays a little harder.

That's the on TV version. The Yahoo scoreboard version shows Haley does nothing whatsoever as you pointed out.

I'll take two more Haley types. Guys who play hard every game. (why I could never get sick of Lapointe - I was a huge fan)

Old
11-26-2011, 02:21 PM
ScaredStreit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
If he plays with energy and Martin plays with energy and Tavares plays with energy, there are 17 guys on the bench being shown up. Pride sets in. Everyone plays a little harder.

That's the on TV version. The Yahoo scoreboard version shows Haley does nothing whatsoever as you pointed out.

I'll take two more Haley types. Guys who play hard every game. (why I could never get sick of Lapointe - I was a huge fan)
I agree he plays with energy, but let's be honest-this team isn't good. Haley's not going to change the outcome of games. Will he up the energy a bit? Sure. Will that translate into more wins however-most likely not.

Old
11-26-2011, 02:24 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
I agree he plays with energy, but let's be honest-this team isn't good. Haley's not going to change the outcome of games. Will he up the energy a bit? Sure. Will that translate into more wins however-most likely not.
If Haley gets Moulson to look like he's awake, gives Grabner a little more gusto, PAP some harder drive.....he's doing his job.

Plus, he's better than Gillies and I like the toughness quotient being addressed. (more intelligently)

Old
11-26-2011, 02:32 PM
ScaredStreit

Quote:
If Haley gets Moulson to look like he's awake, gives Grabner a little more gusto, PAP some harder drive.....he's doing his job.

Plus, he's better than Gillies and I like the toughness quotient being addressed. (more intelligently)
He's def. better than Gillies. I think Haley does have a spot on this team. I think that many fans are blowing his impact way out of proportion though.

Old
11-26-2011, 02:41 PM
MikeyMike01*
Hurray

Send a message via AIM to MikeyMike01* Send a message via MSN to MikeyMike01*
Quote:
He's been totally invisible in his games so far.

MikeyMike01* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 03:02 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
He's def. better than Gillies. I think Haley does have a spot on this team. I think that many fans are blowing his impact way out of proportion though.
Fans inflate and obliterate reps on everyone. In pure hockey (I still despise Scott Scrotum), Haley is a role guy whose use would be seen on our best teams for this franchise. I wish we had another Martin type (Duane Sutter?) as well, but I like the energy just being there. Gillies has a role, just not for 2/3 of the games - until he learns to backcheck and forecheck better.

Old
11-26-2011, 03:47 PM
camper

Quote:
Fans inflate and obliterate reps on everyone. In pure hockey (I still despise Scott Scrotum), Haley is a role guy whose use would be seen on our best teams for this franchise. I wish we had another Martin type (Duane Sutter?) as well, but I like the energy just being there. Gillies has a role, just not for 2/3 of the games - until he learns to backcheck and forecheck better.
Since Haley arrived with his 2 hits in 3 games, the 4th line gets no ice, now you have taken the leagues best hitter in Martin off the ice, The team did not get tougher. The line registered zero hits, why Haley's gettin in the way on the forecheck period. He's not big enough to make anyone turn over a puck or hit hard Put Reasoner back with Martin and Pandolpho they were the most consistant line. Reasoners troubles started moving to he third line. Now all you got is 3 soft lines the fourth sits. No way you can win. Bailey played better with the 4th also

camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 04:20 PM
redbull
Expect more

Let's all admit, Michael Haley's not a good hockey player. He wasn't even good in Bridgeport. We loved his energy, at times, last year - great. But there's more to hockey than skating hard and hitting people.

The fact is, Reasoner's also played poorly this year. But there's no denying who's the better hockey player of the two.

BUT.

Reasoner isn't that good anymore either (but has a 2 year, 1 way deal).

Isles have a lot of over-the-hill passengers or simply players that aren't that good anymore. They are playing important minutes and aren't good enough against other teams. It's so obvious.

Sad to think that we need an injection of "Comrie, Guerin, Fedotenko" on this team that would actually make us better! ouch.

I like Ullstrom though. He's not exactly good, yet, but he seems to be able to skate, he's playing hard.

I don't understand this team at all though. There's absolutely no thought (or so it appears) between who's playing and who's not (Nino?) - I don't get it.

Last edited by redbull: 11-26-2011 at 04:28 PM.
redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 04:31 PM
HumphreyBrogart

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
I don't understand this team at all though. There's absolutely no thought (or so it appears) between who's playing and who's not (Nino?) - I don't get it.
This is where Cap gets a big F for me. Even though he doesn't have a lot to work with, I still don't think he or his staff are getting the most out of who they do have to work with.

He doesn't seem to have the right guys on the ice at the right times. I would love for Matt Martin to get some more minutes. How did Ullstrom (who I like) and Rolston (who I do not like) have more minutes than him? It's shameful to not give this kid ice time that he is fighting for.

There are also little things that they have been screwing up like:
- Lining up in poor position at the faceoff circle (Hamonic got burned because of this yesterday and it almost cost us the game again today)
- Grabner not being able to bury his breakaway attempts
- All the bumbled and missed passes
- Too much passing instead of shooting

Some of this is on the players, but I really think that the coaches could be doing a better job here. The failure is from top to bottom unfortunately.

HumphreyBrogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 05:46 PM
luki here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Height View Post
Rolston's cap hit still counts in the minors.
not if someone picks him up. this is a really confused discussion

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 06:57 PM
macleod50

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasfindl View Post
not if someone picks him up. this is a really confused discussion
Nobody is going to pickup Rolston, even at a pro rated $5 million at his point.

The guy is done. LL waiving him sent out a league wide message that everyone got besides Garf.

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 08:29 PM
ledzep1212
Watch Broad City

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod50 View Post

The guy is done. LL waiving him sent out a league wide message that everyone got besides Garf.
Am I the only one that doesn't understand why people call Garth "Garf"? It certainly isn't because it's funny, which it isn't.

ledzep1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 08:36 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzep1212 View Post
Am I the only one that doesn't understand why people call Garth "Garf"? It certainly isn't because it's funny, which it isn't.
Next time you see a Charles Wang interview, you'll know what 'Garf' is all about.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 08:50 PM
ledzep1212
Watch Broad City

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Next time you see a Charles Wang interview, you'll know what 'Garf' is all about.
I get it now, still not funny, but at least I get it.

ledzep1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 10:47 PM
luki here

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod50 View Post

I totally agree. 1 page back there is a couple of posts on this topic, but the jist (good spelling?) is that I realise he wont be picked up, but am interested in what would happen if he did get picked up? would we get a chance for a trade or get fined right away? might be we even lose some picks, no?

can we even waive him cause of the possible implications? albeit they are theoretical only, cause no one in their right mind would take him off our hands.

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 09:10 AM
macleod50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzep1212 View Post
Am I the only that doesn't care what you think is funny? Probably not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasfindl View Post
I totally agree. 1 page back there is a couple of posts on this topic, but the jist (good spelling?) is that I realise he wont be picked up, but am interested in what would happen if he did get picked up? would we get a chance for a trade or get fined right away? might be we even lose some picks, no?

can we even waive him cause of the possible implications? albeit they are theoretical only, cause no one in their right mind would take him off our hands.
Wang isn't going to pay him to play in the minors, so it's a moot point at this juncture.

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote