HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

11/23/11 "Marcel's Thanksgiving Parade" - Rangers VS Panthers

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-23-2011, 09:34 AM
  #26
GoRatsGo
LGP
 
GoRatsGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,531
vCash: 500
Wish I could go to the game, but I'll be screaming at my television from home. Haha.

GO CATS GO!!


GoRatsGo is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 10:08 AM
  #27
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon
 
PanthersHockey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UF & Boca Raton
Country: United States
Posts: 5,467
vCash: 500
Its interesting that we keep getting mentioned on opposing teams boards as this years version of last years atlanta thrashers who had a really hot start and then crashed and burned in the second half. I dont see too many similarities, but time will tell.

PanthersHockey1 is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 10:26 AM
  #28
WPGNYRFan
Registered User
 
WPGNYRFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,172
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
Its interesting that we keep getting mentioned on opposing teams boards as this years version of last years atlanta thrashers who had a really hot start and then crashed and burned in the second half. I dont see too many similarities, but time will tell.
One guy said that on our board, the rest of us are just talking about how good a team you guys have this year. I'd love to see Florida in the playoffs and I'm pretty confident that this is the year. Should be a great game tonight, good luck to you! (but not too much!)

WPGNYRFan is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 10:47 AM
  #29
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 7,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
Its interesting that we keep getting mentioned on opposing teams boards as this years version of last years atlanta thrashers who had a really hot start and then crashed and burned in the second half. I dont see too many similarities, but time will tell.
Anyone knowledgeable on last years Atlanta team and run that can give us some perspective on this? We're there overachievers that crashed mid season? Was their goalie on a tear?

adam graves is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 10:48 AM
  #30
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
Picked up a cold from the recycled air on the plane ride, I barely have a voice, but I'm ready to lose it tonight!
Welcome to South FL.
My suggestion, buy a bandana and cover your face...breathe only thru your nose. You should be ok later once you let natures moisture clear u up.

CHGoalie27 is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 10:49 AM
  #31
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Anyone knowledgeable on last years Atlanta team and run that can give us some perspective on this? We're there overachievers that crashed mid season? Was their goalie on a tear?
Actually yeah, Pavelic fainted and came back a winner. Then they lost it a month and a half later.

CHGoalie27 is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 10:51 AM
  #32
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 7,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
Welcome to South FL.
My suggestion, buy a bandana and cover your face...breathe only thru your nose. You should be ok later once you let natures moisture clear u up.
CH how loud can you whistle????

adam graves is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 10:58 AM
  #33
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 7,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatWoman34 View Post
GO CATS!!!

I'm working the Jay Z/Kanye show tonight so unfortunately I will have to resort to sneaking off to check my BB!!

For me - this is father vs. daughter. My dad is a huge Rangers fan and we always have a good chirp fest when our teams play
Wow imagine if something crazy happens and the two teams meet in the playoffs?

When I moved down in 95 I promised myself to make my newborn son a panther fan first by me never wearing a ranger jersey to games (even though i had just ended 30yrs of suffering) and rooting for the cats when they play the rags. It worked as we both love the panthers first and my ole team 2nd.

adam graves is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 11:05 AM
  #34
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
CH how loud can you whistle????
Since, he was the announcer down here I actually stopped partaking in the chant. Go figure! LOL

I never thought in a million years, but ....gulp.....I like.....Denis Potvin. ::faints::

CHGoalie27 is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 11:06 AM
  #35
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Wow imagine if something crazy happens and the two teams meet in the playoffs?

When I moved down in 95 I promised myself to make my newborn son a panther fan first by me never wearing a ranger jersey to games (even though i had just ended 30yrs of suffering) and rooting for the cats when they play the rags. It worked as we both love the panthers first and my ole team 2nd.
Don't even talk about them meeting in the playoffs ever again. (To spare myself, is suicide an option?? LOL)

I'm so ******* torn I could actually shed tears.

I get excited to see my boys live until it hits me that I have to root against one of my teams when both need the points.

CHGoalie27 is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 11:12 AM
  #36
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 7,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
Since, he was the announcer down here I actually stopped partaking in the chant. Go figure! LOL

I never thought in a million years, but ....gulp.....I like.....Denis Potvin. ::faints::
i sat with him at a sth event and told him i hate him but what a great player he was lol.

Still love that whistle, although the greatest all time chant was "beat your wife potvin beat your wife"

but i regress lol

adam graves is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 11:15 AM
  #37
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 7,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
Don't even talk about them meeting in the playoffs ever again. (To spare myself, is suicide an option?? LOL)

I'm so ******* torn I could actually shed tears.

I get excited to see my boys live until it hits me that I have to root against one of my teams when both need the points.
You have to root panthers, the building will be split they need our voice and id like to see the playoffs sometime this century lol.

adam graves is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 11:29 AM
  #38
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
You have to root panthers, the building will be split they need our voice and id like to see the playoffs sometime this century lol.
Yeah, but if that's the case you DON'T want me rooting Panthers! That means the Cats are losing.

CHGoalie27 is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 11:30 AM
  #39
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
i sat with him at a sth event and told him i hate him but what a great player he was lol.

Still love that whistle, although the greatest all time chant was "beat your wife potvin beat your wife"

but i regress lol
When he was our ONLY official voice against the refs, is when I stopped hating him.

Wasn't it he who coined the term "skinny call"

CHGoalie27 is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 11:39 AM
  #40
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 7,980
vCash: 500
Per Harvey Gudbranson is playing. and Goc is suffering from a concussion.


Last edited by adam graves: 11-23-2011 at 11:47 AM.
adam graves is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 11:41 AM
  #41
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Anyone knowledgeable on last years Atlanta team and run that can give us some perspective on this? We're there overachievers that crashed mid season? Was their goalie on a tear?
Pavelec was playing well and their D-core put up a lot of points. Those would probably be the similarities.

Erick is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 11:50 AM
  #42
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 7,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Pavelec was playing well and their D-core put up a lot of points. Those would probably be the similarities.
And what turned on them in the second half, Erick?

adam graves is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 12:01 PM
  #43
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
And what turned on them in the second half, Erick?
Well, at the beginning, Pavelec was playing really, really well. First month of the season, he had a save% over .95. Then he had a stretch of months after the new year with his save% around 88.

From the games I saw them play against us, I was never too impressed. I remember Vokoun single-handedly gave them a game we dominated here in Sunrise last year.

Also, their D-scoring went down.

They relied on their D heavily. Two of their top-3 scorers were defensemen (Buff, Enstrom).

Enstrom had 51 points, but his production went down the last 2 months as he only had 10 points.

Buff had 53 points, but he was really inconsistent.
He had 40 points by New Years, he scored a goal the first game after New Years, and then he only had 12 points the entire rest of the way.

Their early-season strengths dropped in production, basically to the point that they became weaknesses.

Erick is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 12:09 PM
  #44
DrMom9900
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Where in God's name is Samuelsson.

DrMom9900 is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 12:15 PM
  #45
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 7,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Well, at the beginning, Pavelec was playing really, really well. First month of the season, he had a save% over .95. Then he had a stretch of months after the new year with his save% around 88.

From the games I saw them play against us, I was never too impressed. I remember Vokoun single-handedly gave them a game we dominated here in Sunrise last year.

Also, their D-scoring went down.

They relied on their D heavily. Two of their top-3 scorers were defensemen (Buff, Enstrom).

Enstrom had 51 points, but his production went down the last 2 months as he only had 10 points.

Buff had 53 points, but he was really inconsistent.
He had 40 points by New Years, he scored a goal the first game after New Years, and then he only had 12 points the entire rest of the way.

Their early-season strengths dropped in production, basically to the point that they became weaknesses.
Got it. thanks pal.


I think even when our lst line cools a little, as they get keyed on, samuelson will be back and goc and upshall as well so i think our offense sounds better.

I dont think that Jose is carrying us, and if he cools down, i like our options, theyre from another world. So not worried between pipes either.

So ya i agree ... different teams.

adam graves is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 12:16 PM
  #46
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 7,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMom9900 View Post
Where in God's name is Samuelsson.
skating...and should join next weeks roady.

adam graves is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 12:16 PM
  #47
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat
 
PantherboyHTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Blue Jay Nation...
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Per Harvey Gudbranson is playing. and Goc is suffering from a concussion.
Wonder who is out then? Hopefully Jovo.

PantherboyHTR is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 12:16 PM
  #48
Pantherkidd101
Don't Read This
 
Pantherkidd101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Miramar, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Pantherkidd101
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMom9900 View Post
Where in God's name is Samuelsson.
Probably training to become a firefighter.

Pantherkidd101 is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 12:30 PM
  #49
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 7,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR View Post
Wonder who is out then? Hopefully Jovo.
Agree. Nothing wrong with him sitting out. long season.

adam graves is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 12:30 PM
  #50
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon
 
PanthersHockey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UF & Boca Raton
Country: United States
Posts: 5,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR View Post
Wonder who is out then? Hopefully Jovo.
Goc with a concussion is bad news. Who knows how long it will take for him to heal.

Cant we just tell sea dog management that hubys foot is feeling more sore than usual, slap a fake movember mustache on him, misspell his last name, and put him in the lineup already.

PanthersHockey1 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.