HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Retro Jerseys

Old
11-23-2011, 01:39 AM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 500
Retro Jerseys

With all the teams having retro 3rd jerseys, and now some of them are beginning to make those jerseys their regular jerseys (Edmonton, LA). What would an away version of our heritage look like, I just did a basic black and white swap, and I am terrible at paint (I had to leave the edges of the sleeves black otherwise it looked like one solid piece) , but this is what my idea of an away version would look like.

saskriders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 01:49 AM
Ibrahim
I Am A God

Ibrahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 02:19 AM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
With all the teams having retro 3rd jerseys, and now some of them are beginning to make those jerseys their regular jerseys (Edmonton, LA). What would an away version of our heritage look like, I just did a basic black and white swap, and I am terrible at paint (I had to leave the edges of the sleeves black otherwise it looked like one solid piece) , but this is what my idea of an away version would look like.
That's Jerk Store's original design, except white...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim View Post
This is the final design, except white. If anything, it would look like this. The problem: our heritage uses vintage white. I don't think we'll see our Heritage jersey used as a home unless they swap vintage white for regular white on the black jersey, too.

11-23-2011, 03:01 AM
Xodius

I'm thinking of something to this effect:

or

Xodius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 08:33 AM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xodius View Post
I'm thinking of something to this effect:

or

No logos?

I... I actually really like that.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 09:52 AM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

On another note, this guy is selling some fake NHL jersey:

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-se...AdIdZ332380051

mat_sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 09:55 AM
RedWhiteBlackGold

vCash: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post

Pretty awful looking. The main logo and the "C" on the front gives it away pretty easily...considering he has a pic of Alfie sporting a heritage jersey that you can compare it with.

The red looks pretty awful too...not sure if it's just the quality of the picture taken but the shoulder patches look like the right color compared to the stripes.

11-23-2011, 10:01 AM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlackGold View Post
Pretty awful looking. The main logo and the "C" on the front gives it away pretty easily...considering he has a pic of Alfie sporting a heritage jersey that you can compare it with.

The red looks pretty awful too...not sure if it's just the quality of the picture taken but the shoulder patches look like the right color compared to the stripes.
Hopefully some reebok lawyers will be knocking on his door soon

mat_sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 10:14 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

These for next year. 20th anniversary continues.

for against the maple jerks on march 17th.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 10:25 AM
tony d
ATD 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post

I agree, those are my favourite jerseys that the team has used, we should definitely bring those back.

11-23-2011, 10:35 AM
Yashin

or this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alfie453.jpg‎ (91.4 KB, 18 views)

Yashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 11:00 AM
pepty

vCash: 400
Quote:

for against the maple jerks on march 17th.
Should be a C not an A

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 11:02 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
Should be a C not an A
that is a game worn jersey. Alfie was an assistant before being a captain. Good detective work.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 11:26 AM
Saabman0508
Harb Quote Count: 9

Quote:
that is a game worn jersey. Alfie was an assistant before being a captain. Good detective work.
Whoa there, cool off a bit buddy. He was just saying that no Alfie jersey looks right if it doesn't have a C on it. We all know Alfie wasn't always a captain, but he is now and it would be wrong to see him in a jersey without a C.

Saabman0508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 11:29 AM
hman

Quote:

Some guy at a bar was telling me that he does this regularly. Buys Chinese knockoffs and resells them at a higher price to people who can't tell the difference. Not only is it awful because it screws people over, but it also floods SBP with fake jerseys. I swear most of the jerseys people wear there seem to be fake now and I'm wondering if they even realize they bought a knockoff.

hman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 11:37 AM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hman View Post
Some guy at a bar was telling me that he does this regularly. Buys Chinese knockoffs and resells them at a higher price to people who can't tell the difference. Not only is it awful because it screws people over, but it also floods SBP with fake jerseys. I swear most of the jerseys people wear there seem to be fake now and I'm wondering if they even realize they bought a knockoff.
There were a lot of fake Flames heritage game jerseys last year

saskriders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 11:52 AM
RedWhiteBlackGold

vCash: 73
Quote:
More reason why NHL should lower their prices. People tend to like things for cheap...so these knockoffs are good for those who are not diehards or simply can't afford one at the current price.

If the NHL came out with a cheaper version or lowered their current prices, I'm sure a lot more people wouldn't mind spending another $40-60 bucks to get a legitimate one.

But this topic has been stressed plenty over the last few years and nothing changes, so just got to deal with it.

RedWhiteBlackGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 01:16 PM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

Knockoff jerseys are made in sweatshops by women and children who basically are modern era slaves. Not to get all preachy, but there are no controls over basic workers' rights, safety, fair pay, etc. Applaud yourself for getting a cheap jersey, but also accept that some kid, working in inhumane and possibly brutal conditions worked on it.

That being said, the prices that the NHL is asking for an authentic jersey are totally obscene and this in part fuels the existence of these sweatshops.

slamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 02:06 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Hopefully some reebok lawyers will be knocking on his door soon
Unfortunately, Reebok lawyers give absolutely zero sh!ts about counterfeit jerseys for some reason.

Back when I worked in a pro shop, it was the most frustrating conversation topic of all time.

Old
11-23-2011, 02:11 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamigo View Post
Knockoff jerseys are made in sweatshops by women and children who basically are modern era slaves. Not to get all preachy, but there are no controls over basic workers' rights, safety, fair pay, etc. Applaud yourself for getting a cheap jersey, but also accept that some kid, working in inhumane and possibly brutal conditions worked on it.
This is true. All of it. There are a few exceptions, but for the most part, when you buy one of those cheap knockoffs, this is what you are supporting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamigo View Post
That being said, the prices that the NHL is asking for an authentic jersey are totally obscene and this in part fuels the existence of these sweatshops.
Reebok reps are generally douchenozzles. It's a shame. When CCM had the license, it was a MUCH nicer business to be in, their reps were genuinely good guys, and they cared about the product. Unfortunately, all Reebok cares about is lining their pockets.

I can tell you firsthand that the reason Reebok has ****** shoulder patches on their jerseys is to "entice" people to buy the $270 pro jerseys. It's ****** what they've done to the apparel industry for hockey. I'm a huge jersey collector, and as someone who is pretty into that small world, the "Reebok Era" is infuriating sometimes.

Still, I'll buy from a douchy company like Reebok WAY before I support child labor. Easily the lesser of two evils.

Old
11-23-2011, 02:13 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Yeah, I'm at SBP for pretty much every home game, and some of the fakes are appalling. Like, at least TRY to get the font right. All the fakes have the wrong shade of red, too... its way too dark.

Not to mention the garbage quality. You can spot that from across the arena.

Man... I'm ridiculously obsessed about jerseys, aren't I? Haha...

Old
11-23-2011, 02:14 PM
KA BLAMO

Quote:

Wow that looks bad!
Quote:
I swear most of the jerseys people wear there seem to be fake now and I'm wondering if they even realize they bought a knockoff.
Yeah I often wonder the same.

KA BLAMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 03:38 PM
hman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
Man... I'm ridiculously obsessed about jerseys, aren't I? Haha...
You're not alone haha. It takes a lot of restraint for me not to make a comment about them in front of some people. I would just be embarrassed to wear some of the knockoffs I've seen.

hman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 08:28 PM
great1

Quote:
A lot of people I know have no idea that they are buying knockoffs but every single one of them claims they got it from a guy that works at Reebok and that is why they are cheaper. Then when you point out all of the flaws they get all upset.

great1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 11:53 PM
sensfan44
peacetowersens

A Chevette is still a "Vette". Its the extra effort, time and money put in to make it a Corvette that impresses.
My Senators jersey collection is at 21 now and has taken many years to get there. Everyone can own a jersey, even at the price that they sell for in stores. It becomes a matter of priorities this way. If you just save your money and cut back on non necessities (ie Starbucks, movie tickets etc) to buy a jersey or personalized jersey then it really shows the dedication and desire from said fan.........or that you have a really good paying job
side note: I am currently looking into purchasing a Colin Greening #17 Nanaimo Clippers BCHL jersey. Also still looking for a black Bonk #76.

sensfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote