HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sabres vs Bruins 7pm @ First Niagara Center 11/23

Old
11-23-2011, 11:06 AM
moltenlava26

vCash: 500
I think the Bruins will be buzzing the crease and "bumping" Enroth all night. They will be daring Buffalo to do something. Let's be honest, Lucic's post game comments, summed up what the Bruins think of the Sabres.

"we wouldn't accept that, we would have taken care of business, but we know we are a different team then they are."

The Bruins are the pitbull coming into the Sabres backyard. Last game, the Sabres were the poodle who barks from his dog house well after the pitbull leaves. Will this game be any different?

If history with this "core" of players stays the course, the Bruins will run the Sabres out of FNC and they will be boo'd after the 1st and 2nd periods.

I am hoping the Sabres "man up" for once. I don't need Thomas to get run, or have someone "cheap shot" Lucic, but it would be a nice (as someone posted in a different thread) that players on this team, play out of character for once. Everyone needs to finish checks, battle hard in corners, and make the Bruins pay every time they make a mistake.

This is not the game for a slow start, and while the Sabres are only 1/4 of the way thru the season, this is a statement game. Its time to drop the " we should have" post game comments, and DO SOMETHING like play a constant 60 minutes.

My heart says 5-2 Sabres, but my head says 6-1 B's in a laffer.

Last edited by moltenlava26: 11-23-2011 at 11:08 AM. Reason: spelling...I suck at it
moltenlava26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 11:08 AM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Who gets called up after Lucic murders Gaustad?

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 11:12 AM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
If anyone gets injured up front there will be no call ups because Hecht is returning. Someone will be a healthy scratch tonight.

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 11:15 AM
BowieSabresFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltenlava26 View Post
I think the Bruins will be buzzing the crease and "bumping" Enroth all night. They will be daring Buffalo to do something. Let's be honest, Lucic's post game comments, summed up what the Bruins think of the Sabres.

"we wouldn't accept that, we would have taken care of business, but we know we are a different team then they are."

The Bruins are the pitbull coming into the Sabres backyard. Last game, the Sabres were the poodle who barks from his dog house well after the pitbull leaves. Will this game be any different?

If history with this "core" of players stays the course, the Bruins will run the Sabres out of FNC and they will be boo'd after the 1st and 2nd periods.

I am hoping the Sabres "man up" for once. I don't need Thomas to get run, or have someone "cheap shot" Lucic, but it would be a nice (as someone posted in a different thread) that players on this team, play out of character for once. Everyone needs to finish checks, battle hard in corners, and make the Bruins pay every time they make a mistake.

This is not the game for a slow start, and while the Sabres are only 1/4 of the way thru the season, this is a statement game. Its time to drop the " we should have" post game comments, and DO SOMETHING like play a constant 60 minutes.

My heart says 5-2 Sabres, but my head says 6-1 B's in a laffer.
I like how Bruins fans and some of the players keep saying how they would have responded in such a tough fashion, when that hasn't necessarily been the case for them. Running goaltenders, sucker punches, crosschecks in the back (Chara), etc.. yes. Retaliation for a cheap shot, not necessarily.

I'm hoping the Sabres win (of course), but see something in the 5-2 range for Boston.

BowieSabresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 11:20 AM
Clock

vCash: 50
Bruins fans: friendly warning to not do anything even remotely resembling trolling in the Sabres forum tonight. You're welcome to post, but remember which forum you're on, please.

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 11:20 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
I doubt anyone from the Bruins goes near Enroth. A stiff breeze in the crease will likely have the Stripes calling anyone in this game for interference and then flirting with an extra 10. The league has issued their marching orders, I expect the officials to toe that line hard.

11-23-2011, 11:25 AM
WhoIsJimBob
I Believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
I doubt anyone from the Bruins goes near Enroth. A stiff breeze in the crease will likely have the Stripes calling anyone in this game for interference and then flirting with an extra 10. The league has issued their marching orders, I expect the officials to toe that line hard.
Nah.

The Bs get all the calls. They'll "accidentally" bump into Enroth without anything happening and the Sabres will get killed by retaliation calls all night long.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 11:29 AM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

5-2 Bruins.

Sabres come out with a jump early and get a number of good scoring chances. The Bruins weather the storm and the Sabres get frustrated, leading to a Bruins goal on an odd-man rush in the middle of the first period. From there it's all Bruins as the Sabres can't figure out a way to recover. Despite scoring twice, the game is never actually close.

Myllz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 11:30 AM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

For the love of God, just win this game.

Forget beating up Lucic or running Thomas, just beat the dumb Bruins so we don't have to listen to their fans proclaim how great they are.

CarlWinslow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 11:31 AM
sabresfan129103
So it begins...

Quote:
Gaustad is big enough where if he starts to get his ass kicked or he feels the tide of the fight turning he'll just hold on to Lucic. Remember Goose is no pushover. He's 6-4 230.

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 11:43 AM
MyersMagic57*

In my opinion, if the Sabres want to retaliate, they need to put up goals early and then respond by fighting and playing aggressive and force the Bruins to get frustrated make mistakes and then take them down on the scoresheet

I'd be happy with seeing Tim Thomas get pulled tonight, a big hit by Kaleta on Seguin taking him out of the game, and a hattrick by Vanek where he does his normal celebration where he barely celebrates and just piss off the Bruins

MyersMagic57* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 11:48 AM
sabresfan129103
So it begins...

per Paul Hamilton Kaleta could be hurt.

Old
11-23-2011, 11:54 AM
DixonWard15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
I knew he was hurt but I thought he was still going to play

DixonWard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 11:57 AM
flyingpig
Pay the Troll Toll

They will focus on starting fast, and if Gaustad and Lucic go early that will be it. The only benefit to it happening tonight as that any beatdown by Looch will not be on Boston ice, sending the crowd into a frenzy.

I suspect that Calude will have Lucic start the game to try to get this overwith early and take momentum from the fight.

I would intentionally not start Gaustad if that were the case. (1) Let the Sabres try to get their legs first and (2) get rid of the premeditated retribution issue.

Go for a win boys ...... need to score first. need to play fast and forecheck very. very hard. Make them make mistakes.

flyingpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:07 PM
slickfox007

maybe trevor gillies is available for a one day contract

slickfox007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:14 PM
Vito_81

If I were a GM, I would call up some no-name, no future stiff from the AHL for games like this do go out and stir things up big time. Who cares if Joe McNobody gets suspended 25 games in the NHL.

That being said, I think both teams shy away from being too physical due to Shanny's warnings. Which is good for us, as Buffalo beats Boston in a hockey game 4-3.

Vito_81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:17 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
That's not what he said.

Quote:
Kaleta skated but declined interviews because he was in the training room. He also could be the scratch. No word on injury

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:22 PM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
If Ruff scratches a healthy Kaleta for this game, he should be gone tomorrow morning.

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:23 PM
KevinFG

Send a message via Skype™ to KevinFG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
That's not what he said.
Well, you can interpret the Hamilton quote in any one of a different ways. Only your interpretation would be right though.

KevinFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:29 PM
Matty K

This is a Statement Game and I want blood from the last time the Sabres played the Bruins. I haven't really said anything since the last Game the Sabres played these Goons because I to be honest am still embarrassed from the whole Lucic incident. As much as I want Two Points tonight I want payback on Lucic and want to send a message that were just not a soft pushover Squad. Someone needs to man up and show a pair tonight against these Goons.

If the Sabres are not going to fight, then running up the score against the Bruins would be the next best thing. I hope the Sabres embarrass the Bruins tonight at least on the Scoreboard.

Matty K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:32 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 100
Bruins fan here.

I hope for a good game with no injuries.

Best wishes to a speedy recovery for Miller. I hope he is back soon for you guys. Your backup seems decent.

11-23-2011, 12:38 PM
sabresfan129103
So it begins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
That's not what he said.
did you even bother to read his second tweet.

Quote:
Where do you folks get when I say 36 was in the training room that he'd be a healthy scratch? Of course he has an injury!!

Old
11-23-2011, 12:57 PM
punkr0x

Quote:
If Ruff scratches a healthy Kaleta for this game, he should be gone tomorrow morning.
This might be the smartest thing Ruff ever did.

Guys on the Sabres roster who can mix it up:
Gaustad
Regehr
Kaleta
Tropp?
Stafford?

vs.
Horton
Lucic
Chara
McQuaid
Thornton
Campbell
Paille
Boychuk
Ference

Tim Thomas could probably beat up half our roster. We need to let them take the penalties and beat them on the scoreboard. If this becomes a brawl we're in big trouble.

punkr0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:57 PM
Enzo63

Anyone heard the line combo's with Hecht re-inserted into the lineup?

Prediction: Sabres (W) 4 - 2

Ehrhoff
Vanek
Leino
Roy (Empty Netter)

Enzo63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 01:08 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

After the report Kaleta wasn't skating yesterday and that Hecht was going to be back, I figured the fact that nobody was sent down meant he was banged up. Otherwise, with the cap situation I figured Tropp was headed back down the Thruway.

I wonder what he hurt and how, I can't recall any specific hit last game.

New Sabres Captain is online now   Reply With Quote