HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Battlefield 3: Part IV

Old
09-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

vCash: 500
If you can get through the bug that won't let you start up because your PunkBuster is up to date, and you can actually play the game, it's probably the best game out there right now. Damn fun.

Good times blasting hip-hop mp3's and playing Rush. And, as usual, with BF2, I usually have the defib out and frequently run into combat to revive teammates at my own peril. #Yolo

Mike Emrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 09:46 AM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

This is only my second day playing and I'm ranking 10 out of 32 players on the team

The secret is to apply what I did in BF2

Keep that defib out

Old
10-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Kbs

Just went back to the game for a bit today. I decided to try out hardcore and I think I like it better than normal mode.

Too bad there's still idiots that don't play the objective. I was playing conquest and the game was tied about midway through. All of a sudden, we're start losing every objective like crazy and we've dropped 150 points below the other team. So I look around and there's a bunch of idiots on the outskirts of the map just camping with a sniper. So, I walked around the entire map, shot each of them in the head, then quit. Hardcore mode is great when you have stupid teammates

EDIT: I forgot to mention this was a server that stressed playing the objective. Pretty terrible server considering the owner did nothing about them.

Kbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 07:17 AM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

Can't play hardcore

Got to spam grenades in Close Quarters

Old
10-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

Hard to find good servers now

Play a lot of Close Quarters, but the same 4 maps can get tiresome after a while. And then, when I try to find good servers which play other maps, they aren't 64 player.

Old
10-12-2012, 05:31 AM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

Most amazing rush last night

Was down to 5 tickets and we blew up both points, including the last one at the final second

Ended up losing though. It seems to me that the rounds take longer than they did in 2. Also, there's a lack of good servers which run all maps. I have to play in UK servers.

Other than that, I play in Karkand and CQ rotation servers.

Old
10-16-2012, 07:12 AM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

Starting to expand my gaming experience so I am no longer limited to reviving comrades with my defib

Got experience with support, recon, and engineer classes today. Just load up the UMP

Old
10-16-2012, 10:02 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Ixunicle are you xbox or ps3?

10-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Towers
Is it on Origin?

Send a message via MSN to Towers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Ixunicle are you xbox or ps3?
Because those are the only two options.

Towers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:50 AM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

PC

Runs smooth but everything is on medium even though I could unquestionably run it on ultra

I couldn't run it on 360 or PS3 because the servers there are limited to 32 players, it's 64 players for me or nothing. The only bad thing about 64 player servers is grenade spam.

Old
10-25-2012, 09:36 AM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

Game came out a year ago today per Reddit

Happy Birthday

My review of the game leans on the positive, but I am starting to sour on the blatant hacking and cheating which is rampant in servers. Like you could shoot me through a wall or metal. Because your 102-13 score isn't suspicious at all!

When everyone plays fair and plays by the same rules, the game is one of the most amazing experiences you can have in a multiplayer game.

Old
10-25-2012, 10:34 AM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
Game came out a year ago today per Reddit

Happy Birthday

My review of the game leans on the positive, but I am starting to sour on the blatant hacking and cheating which is rampant in servers. Like you could shoot me through a wall or metal. Because your 102-13 score isn't suspicious at all!
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...ow/43535581/1/

96-12, no squadmates helping. It's not hard to shoot people through objects legitimately, especially on the CQ maps.

If you think someone is cheating, run their name (sans clan tag) through here

http://cheatometer.hedix.de/

It will compare their stats against averages and give you a likelihood they are cheating. If they are using any sort of damage hack, it will be obvious, along with all headshots. 25% accuracy is about the max a legitimate player can do with an automatic weapon. Anything above that, start questioning things. There aren't nearly as many hackers as people think there are. The game is really not terribly hard to get good at. The caliber of players dropped noticeably after the $10 sale. So many terrible people playing support and recon. Easy kills. Then again, they are also your teammates.

In other news, they need to nerf the 416.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 10:36 AM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

It was abundantly clear the guy was hacking

I was approached after the game on Origin by someone who re-confirmed my suspicions

You cannot go 100-13 in a BF3 map and not hack. And that wasn't even CQ

Old
10-25-2012, 11:23 AM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

Quote:
You cannot go 100-13 in a BF3 map and not hack. And that wasn't even CQ
Yes, you can.

I come close to that score on the battle report I just linked. All I did was camp one of the objectives on scrapmetal with a MAV out. There are videos of popular streamers, who have to submit demos anytime they play in tournaments, posting ridiculous scores like that. If you play on a high ticket server with a coordinated squad, you can easily wrack up 100+ kills with relatively few deaths due to revives.

A players score is the last piece of evidence you use when determining if they are cheating or not. It is not, by itself, an indication of cheating. If someone was blatantly cheating to grief the server, he did a pretty bad job if he died 13 times.

Players whining when they run up against legitimately good players gets old. It's like crying wolf. I am not accusing you of this, but it is a common occurrence in the post CS 1.5 days. A player is better than me, impossibly so, therefore hacks. I get accused and often banned all the time and I do not consider myself on par with some of the tournament players I know. If you run into a COL50+ and they drop a ridiculous score on you, odds are they aren't hacking.

Old
10-25-2012, 07:37 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

I'll cry wolf as much as I can to create a ruckus.

Plus, about the hackers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Game is still infested with hackers, terrible players, worse servers and zero admins.

You can build the best shooter in the world but you need the community to go with it.
A year after it's come out, Battlefield 3 still remains the most popular, and best, incarnation of the Battlefield series. I have several servers bookmarked which frequently have 64 players playing. I found at least 2 Rush servers which have 64 players most of the time.

I'm amazed so few people recognize that this game has a strong community on PC, as well as other consoles. It really is an amazing game.

Old
10-25-2012, 09:00 PM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

Quote:
A year after it's come out, Battlefield 3 still remains the most popular, and best, incarnation of the Battlefield series. I have several servers bookmarked which frequently have 64 players playing. I found at least 2 Rush servers which have 64 players most of the time.

I'm amazed so few people recognize that this game has a strong community on PC, as well as other consoles. It really is an amazing game.
You must be new to PC gaming/battlefield. BF3 doesn't have half the community BF2 did/does. It's very hard to find a decent rush server nowadays, and CQ didn't have much staying power. Since EA has added the 'report cheater' button and started using the stats backend to ban obvious hackers, the numbers have gone down. I haven't run into a flagrant botter in awhile. Most every server left has some sort of admin system on it. They've paid for the server this long, so they tend to be the more dedicated types. I also always check for sketchy scores using battlelog before I join a match.

And, in the spirit of this thread, I did this for you tonight:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...9/1/228364679/

Must be hacking

Old
10-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

I am not new to either. As I said in the reddit congratulatory thread, BF3 is just as good as BF2 and BF1942.

And I play in a decent rush server everyday. In fact, more than one exists Example 3. Some mornings, I can get a good 3 or 4 rounds of CQ in.

The only thing that doesn't have staying power is server populations. At 4 PM EST I decided to have a go in a packed 64 player match of Rush. A few rounds later the map emptied out on Seine Crossing, to 10 people each team. It packed up later, but servers seem to empty out a lot. I'd like to see more server consistency. Maybe they get more consistent at night.

Last edited by Mike Emrick: 10-25-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old
10-25-2012, 09:16 PM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

Quote:
The only thing that doesn't have staying power is server populations. At 4 PM EST I decided to have a go in a packed 64 player match of Rush. A few rounds later the map emptied out on Seine Crossing, to 10 people each team. It packed up later, but servers seem to empty out a lot. I'd like to see more server consistency. Maybe they get more consistent at night.
Seine, Tehran, Caspian and Kharg rush are all ****. That's why the server tends to empty on those. The first stage on Seine is easily the worst rush stage in the game. Tehran's first stage is a close 2nd. Caspian and Kharg turn into vehicle fests. Shoot me.

I'm hoping Aftermath shows infantry based rush some love. Bazaar, Damavand and Metro are amazing for rush. Noshahr and Kharg make for good TDM. Caspian and Firestorm are great on conquest. Tehran is the worst map in the game for me. It does nothing well.

Old
10-25-2012, 09:16 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...ats/331656750/

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Seine, Tehran, Caspian and Kharg rush are all ****. That's why the server tends to empty on those. The first stage on Seine is easily the worst rush stage in the game. Tehran's first stage is a close 2nd. Caspian and Kharg turn into vehicle fests. Shoot me.

I'm hoping Aftermath shows infantry based rush some love. Bazaar, Damavand and Metro are amazing for rush. Noshahr and Kharg make for good TDM. Caspian and Firestorm are great on conquest. Tehran is the worst map in the game for me. It does nothing well.
Seine and Tehran are great rush maps. Caspian is meh. Have never seen an attacker take the first two points. Damavand is okay until the tunnel.

Tehran is one of the best maps in the game.

Old
10-26-2012, 12:19 PM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

Quote:
Accuracy seems low. Are you dumping mags? Burp your gun in 4-6 shot strings so the bloom resets.

Inspiration:

Quote:
Seine
Seine is great, but the first stage for rush really ruins it. There's only 1 way in, really, unless you want to run down main street. On no vehicle servers it gets even worse. If you have even a halfway decent team, you should be able to defend the first stage. It's one of those
Quote:
situations where the first minute or so can decide the entire round. Poor design.

Damavand is okay until the tunnel.
Yeah, this one is also one of my least liked stages. You have to pop their tank, and bum rush the rocks to get a plant. That's the only way I've seen it consistently won.

Quote:
Tehran is one of the best maps in the game.
Tehran has the same problem as Seine. The first stage is so awful that it taints the rest of the map. The last stage is tremendously fun, though rarely do defenders hold it.

Old
10-30-2012, 01:08 PM
Everlasting

Started to play it again. Feels like i am missing out 40% of the content desipite i bought the limited edition. **** you EA. 3 expansions is TOO MUCH. Feels also as if 80% of its player have vanished into thin air.

Other then that, i love it!

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

Ranked up to Colonel today

Old
11-01-2012, 05:03 PM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

Quote:
Ranked up to Colonel today
2XP really is a sham. Makes stats completely worthless. I gained over 100k in one round. Also, diversify yo bonds. You got all the way to colonel basically using a handful of guns.

Old
11-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

"Win 5 rounds of SQDM" is nearly impossible solo.

Trying to negotiate a deal with redditors to make it a lot easier to unlock the gun associated with that assignment

And BF1942 is free for now per /r/battlefield3

Old
11-08-2012, 04:04 PM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

Quote:
"Win 5 rounds of SQDM" is nearly impossible solo.

Trying to negotiate a deal with redditors to make it a lot easier to unlock the gun associated with that assignment

And BF1942 is free for now per /r/battlefield3
Grab me some time for that assignment and some co-op, I'll take care of ya.