HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Battlefield 3: Part IV

Old
04-14-2013, 08:02 AM
Everlasting

vCash: 500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0do468eokoQ

20x scope... o___o

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:40 AM
Dado

vCash:
"Your team lost".

Old
04-14-2013, 11:54 AM
silverfish
Bow ties are cool

Do people not capture flags in conquest because they want the game to go longer and get more kills? I've found myself at the top three of my team with like 6 kills at the end of games all because I'm running from flag to flag constantly.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:05 PM
XX
Tippett 2 the Limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Do people not capture flags in conquest because they want the game to go longer and get more kills? I've found myself at the top three of my team with like 6 kills at the end of games all because I'm running from flag to flag constantly.
Conquest is more about vehicle fun than actually capping the flags. Most of the time, even in a 64 player server, there are only about a dozen total players actually hardcore capping the flags. The rest float around doing whatever, or waiting for their favorite vehicle. I hate it, and don't play the mode.

I remember tank battles on the tobruk map in 1942 just being way more fun. Not sure why.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:54 PM
Mike Emrick
N'ord

I'll play conquest when I'm forced to at 7 AM because no one else is playing at that hour. Mostly Rush and CTF now.

Mike Emrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:14 AM
Patchey*

Was just in a 500% Donya Fortress match, and the other team consisted solely of SKS users, which I have no problem with, but constantly hearing them spamming that rifle all match got really annoying. I got pretty upset when one of them lunge knifed me COD style and took my tags (Lol, Lag). I went to throw my controller, but stopped myself halfway through and ended up hitting myself full force right in the left nut.

Insta tears in my eyes. The tickets were at 70 - 30, and they had all three flags. I sucked it up, and played the rest of the match while wincing and dry heaving. It was down to 20 - 20 and we each had a flag, while contesting A. Just as they were about to capture it, I throw a grenade, and detonate the C4, killing 3 of them, and securing the flag and the win.

I finished 11-0 after sacking myself. Thought I'd share my war story with you guys

Patchey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 08:14 AM
Mike Emrick
N'ord

Too many servers allow people with 200 or 300 ping to play and lag the server

I have elite internet, it isn't me. Get out of here if you can't get a good ping

You're messing up the server

Old
04-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 413
Quote:
My question is, have any of you moved from the CoD series to the Battlefield series? Mistake? Awesome decision?
I go back and forth between them both all the time.

I find that BF is great when I want a vehicle kick or a wide open map with more team work. There's a lot of rock paper scissors going on where you can counter the other team by effectively changing classes and squad attributes. One man can still make a difference, but not to the degree of CoD. I also enjoy sniping a lot more in BF because of bullet drop.

But when I get bored with stupid teams or I want some close up, high octane matches where there's an enemy around every corner I fire back up CoD and hit up hardcore. I can't play core anymore, it's just a bunch of kids playing ideal weapon's kits that spam you with bullets before you can flinch, I find hardcore a better test for my own abilities. Plus, CoD you can be the only guy playing well on your team and still pull off a win.

Just two very different games for different moods/styles. I'm glad they are so different, but it's getting ridiculous that every game I enjoy wants me to pay $120 for the game and their DLC. People need to get a clue and stop forking over this kind of money. I will not buy Battlefield Premium, absolutely refuse to and won't be buying the CoD one next time either. They are just releasing things which should have been included from the beginning so they can rush the game out faster with absolutely no value in the packages unless it's the only game you play.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 09:43 AM
Everlasting

I wonder how DICE is planning to compete in E-sports with their mapdesigners...

Old
04-17-2013, 10:05 AM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Got into a 1 on 3 in the garage of Operation 925. Got the first with my pistol, threw a grenade, knifed the second one and while I was in the knife animation I see the third guy waiting to knife me. He doesn't get the chance as the grenade I threw explodes, exploding the car we were fighting around killing the third guy and me. I get revived and lived to tell the tale.

Lesson here is that you NEVER wait to knife an enemy who is in the knifing animation, just shoot.

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:54 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchey View Post
Was just in a 500% Donya Fortress match, and the other team consisted solely of SKS users, which I have no problem with, but constantly hearing them spamming that rifle all match got really annoying. I got pretty upset when one of them lunge knifed me COD style and took my tags (Lol, Lag). I went to throw my controller, but stopped myself halfway through and ended up hitting myself full force right in the left nut.

Insta tears in my eyes. The tickets were at 70 - 30, and they had all three flags. I sucked it up, and played the rest of the match while wincing and dry heaving. It was down to 20 - 20 and we each had a flag, while contesting A. Just as they were about to capture it, I throw a grenade, and detonate the C4, killing 3 of them, and securing the flag and the win.

I finished 11-0 after sacking myself. Thought I'd share my war story with you guys
I got knife lunged yesterday, too. Pissed me off so much.

05-06-2013, 04:00 AM
Everlasting

So I bought the End Game DLC... and did not get it.

> Contacted BF3 on Twitter, they redirected me to EA Help where i could get in contact with a game advisor.

> Game advisor 1 told me what problems had occur, then just started ignoring me. I waited for him on the chat for over 20 min! I left.

> Contacted BF3 on Twitter again, they redirected me to EA support on Twitter.

> Talked to EA support on twitter, they told me the same thing as GA 1 and said that they could not help further.

> Talked to a new game advisor. He told me the same thing as the other, but he game me a number to EA support here in sweden and a case number. The first one did not give me that. Appreantly they are the ones i should talk to since a GA cannot help me on this specfic issue...

> Waited 2 days so i could call them. (Bought it late friday)

> Called EA support. "This is not our fault, it's worldpay's fault!"

> Emailed World pay today. Still waiting for a reply...

Q##%QU()=#%Q(U=TEW(E(GYU=VGYH()EGWY=( (VBYISDGVBIKDSFBNUOISFDV

The problem?
The money had not gone from worldpay to EA, so the money is stuck at worldpay. So my money is gone, but the buy was not registered and i have to ask worldpay to refund me.

Somethings thells me this will end very ugly....

Old
05-07-2013, 09:43 AM
Mike Emrick
N'ord

Starting to play Conquest more now

Before today had been playing CTF / conquest domination ad nauseum

Old
05-08-2013, 05:29 AM
Mike Emrick
N'ord

BF3 servers down due to DDoS.

Even if there wasn't DDoS, I've become very frustrated with this game. I frequently get shot even though I'm not in anyone's line of fire. I get "backstabbed" even though the guy is clearly facing me.

CQ servers which were populated with 64 players merely a few days ago are empty for some reason. And then when I try to relieve my tension with CTF, as usual, you can't leave the base without getting killed by Javelin Way to play CTF now is just sit in your base and wait for the enemy to come, after which it's ONLY me chasing after the guy who took our flag. Where's my team?

To sum up

- odd deaths
- inconsistent servers
- CTF mode overly defensive now, teammates too lazy to help me out

It's a real shame that this is the best FPS on the market right now. With all its bugs and glitches, this game can get damn frustrating sometimes.

Old
05-16-2013, 10:20 PM
Bruinsky

Just picked this up, I was a COD guy, but I am never going back. I love the complete difference in playing style with strategy and skill.

Bruinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 10:30 AM
Everlasting

Still havent got my money back. EA can **** off. **** them.
Wordpay does not take any responsibilities either...

Last edited by Everlasting: 05-17-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old
06-29-2013, 09:12 AM
LSnow

I bought BF3 + premium for 20$ for PC just for fun. Only previously played it on console.

And dear god its like different game altogether. Much better graphics, runs smoother, 65 players on a map, shooting is actually responsive since i have an actual mouse and the game is much harder since there arent people playing on controllers.

Yeah i am not touching BF4 console version anymore when i launches

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 05:46 AM
Mike Emrick
N'ord

Hopefully BF4 fixes that bug that allows you to be backstabbed even though you're facing the guy stabbing you. Better yet, get rid of backstabbing.

Knife fights were a part of earlier BF series but the whole backstabbing deal is ridiculous, especially when about 30 or 40% of the time, it's done through the front.

Old
07-01-2013, 11:45 AM
Kovifan27

Quote:
My question is, have any of you moved from the CoD series to the Battlefield series? Mistake? Awesome decision?
I played COD from the start of Modern Warfare on. I didn't start playing BF until BF3.

COD makes my blood boil at points. Sometimes you are sure you killed someone only to end up dying. It's just enraging. Every couple of games I want to Hulk smash something.

I think I've only gotten legit pissed in BF3 once or twice I have no clue why it just plays better and seems more fair. If I die I know I ****ed up.

I still play COD but I prefer BF over it. So much so I preordered BF4 and not COD: Ghosts.

Kovifan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 07:25 PM
My Velouria
roygbiv

Will be free for PS+ members this month.

My Velouria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 02:24 PM
Harbinger
sic parvis magna

Any of you Xbox users know any good Rush servers to play on?

Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 06:50 AM
MrNasty

Quote:
Hey all!

I got very frustrated with CoD last night, as I felt my guns weren't killing anyone but I was dropping in just two or three bullets with regularity. I suppose this is that "lag compensation" which everyone talks about but I thought didn't affect me, well, it does.

At this point my video game career consists of updating the CoD series, and updating the NHL series (which I didn't even do this year, stupid lockout). Should I make the switch? I love multiplayer FPS games, so I'm going to need to have one.

Perhaps I'll rent Battlefield 4 (it comes out before MW4, right?) and see what it's all about. But I'd love to hear the opinions of those CoD players who find themselves logging more time on Battlefield.

Thanks
I have been playing COD regularly for a few years now and am probably biased...but I decided to try out Battlefield as did a few other guys I play with. At first I thought I was just bad at the game and gave it a couple weeks to "grow on me" . I must say that we all now hate Battlefield. We often give it try for half an hour or so and just go back to COD or other games. I only play multiplayer.

To me it is like playing a video game from about a decade ago as I am really inimpressed with the graphics and the movements of people and vehicles (the fighter jets move about as smoothly as my son flying a toy plane with his hands). Shooting is a bit more difficult which I can live with although it is frustrating. The biggest thing that bothers me is there are only a few types of game modes, they often last over an hour, and you can go minutes without seeing anyone and just hanging out. When you join your friends in a match it often puts you is a different squad so you can't communicate which is BS since there can be 50 people in the darn game. Also if you select TDm then you might get a game or two in TDM but then it moves you into a conquest or rush lobby...WTF?

MrNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 08:00 AM
LSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNasty View Post
I have been playing COD regularly for a few years now and am probably biased...but I decided to try out Battlefield as did a few other guys I play with. At first I thought I was just bad at the game and gave it a couple weeks to "grow on me" . I must say that we all now hate Battlefield. We often give it try for half an hour or so and just go back to COD or other games. I only play multiplayer.

To me it is like playing a video game from about a decade ago as I am really inimpressed with the graphics and the movements of people and vehicles (the fighter jets move about as smoothly as my son flying a toy plane with his hands). Shooting is a bit more difficult which I can live with although it is frustrating. The biggest thing that bothers me is there are only a few types of game modes, they often last over an hour, and you can go minutes without seeing anyone and just hanging out. When you join your friends in a match it often puts you is a different squad so you can't communicate which is BS since there can be 50 people in the darn game. Also if you select TDm then you might get a game or two in TDM but then it moves you into a conquest or rush lobby...WTF?
A lot of those are valid complaints, but if you enjoy CoD and are saying BF graphics are bad ? CoD is horrible looking game compared to BF3. There are basically same modes in BF than in CoD, shooting mechanics are better in BF since its not as much pray and spray without any though. Otherwise i agree with you !

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 08:06 AM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Use the server browser, find a DICE server that's TDM 24/7, and you won't run into the problem MrNasty had with TDM servers suddenly changing to CQ or Rush.

As far as dropping into a different squad than your buddy, simply go into the Squad selection, drop out of your squad and create a new one, then have your buddy drop out of his squad and join you.

Game modes lasting more than an hour may also be a product of the servers you were getting put onto. Some servers have 500% tickets, which can result in ridiculously long games. If you look for DICE servers, you won't get that problem, games will probably be closer to a half hour.

CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Scottyk9
Henrique to Hall..

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote