HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hows Simon Gagne been so far?

Old
11-23-2011, 10:57 PM
GagneHanson12

vCash: 500
Hows Simon Gagne been so far?

Hey, Flyers fan from Toronto here. Hows Gags been doing in LA? I know hes 7-7=14 in 19 games or something like that, but how has his overall play been?

GagneHanson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 11:52 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
He has fallen victim to a few games here and there of dry spells, but overall he has been terrific. He plays with speed and determination, he is solid defensively and is always thinking the game through. His skill level is high and he works really well with Kopitar. He and Williams haven't had as much chemistry in my opinion and Williams seems to have a problem finding him and getting him the puck. Overall I am very satisfied with his performance. Just hope he maintains his health throughout the system and finishes the season strong. Same hopes I had for Williams last season.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 09:44 PM
GagneHanson12

Hopefully he'll play 70+ games, which he probably will IMO. Thats good to know, all Ive been able to see are highlights. Cheers!

GagneHanson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 10:52 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

He has slowed down a little but his balance is exceptional and his hands are as good as they always have been. I like his hustle but love his smarts. Other than that Telos said it perfectly.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:11 PM
deeshamrock

I agree, Telos said it perfectly. My only disappointment is that after watching how great he and Richards were for years in Phila, I really wanted to see that again (they put up big numbers, Richards had 89 goals in 3 years with Gagne riding shotgun)
So a bit disapppointed that they hve not had a reg. shift together yet.

Gagne did say in an interview in October that this is the happiest he's ever been in his hockey career. I think that shows in his game. I did see some of the Tampa games last year and he didn't quite seem himself.

He's a class act and one of my favorite all time players. Hope he stays healthy , esp for the playoffs. Having seen him play , he is money in the playoffs, just has that knack for scoring big goals at critical times.

Nothing bigger than the 2 against the Bruins in 2010, OT goal in Game 4 that gave them life and the GW in game 7.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 07:18 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
I agree, Telos said it perfectly. My only disappointment is that after watching how great he and Richards were for years in Phila, I really wanted to see that again (they put up big numbers, Richards had 89 goals in 3 years with Gagne riding shotgun)
So a bit disapppointed that they hve not had a reg. shift together yet.

Gagne did say in an interview in October that this is the happiest he's ever been in his hockey career. I think that shows in his game. I did see some of the Tampa games last year and he didn't quite seem himself.

He's a class act and one of my favorite all time players. Hope he stays healthy , esp for the playoffs. Having seen him play , he is money in the playoffs, just has that knack for scoring big goals at critical times.

Nothing bigger than the 2 against the Bruins in 2010, OT goal in Game 4 that gave them life and the GW in game 7.
He was another one that was crushed when the Flyers traded him away for cap space. A lot of us were watching TB at the start of the season to see him and he didn't look right. He also had an injury.

When I think back to all of the moves Philly made because cap space was supposedly needed it makes me sick. It started with Upshall and a second for Carcillo and Holmgren never learnt his lesson. He's never been held accountable for his many mistakes regarding the CBA and cap. They also shipped Downie out to TB because Stevens wouldn't play him and Homer wouldn't send him down. He was either a rookie or second year player at the time.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 08:52 AM
Capn Brown

It's unusual, but right now I cannot imagine our team without Gagne & Richards. How have we survived?

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 01:00 PM
Johnny Utah

20 games 7 goals, 7 assists +4. Not bad. There are a few games where he looks like a young Gagne who scored 40 goals and there are others where he is invisible...but he is healthy, younger, cheaper and faster than Smyth and seems well liked and a good guy.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote