HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flames Rebuild

Old
11-24-2011, 11:24 AM
waitin425

vCash: 500
How about something a little more realistic than, these massive fantasy rebuilds....somthing like.....

Contender - Iginla
Flames - roster player/salary dump, top prospect, 1st round pick

for example

Rangers - Iginla
Flames -Ryan McDonagh, Christian Thomas, 1st round pick
(not sure on McDonagh's salary or Ranger's Cap situation....just giving an example)

waitin425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 01:44 PM
portuguesecanadian95
Rookie User

the only places with space for iggy is detroit chicago boston and nashville
Iginla will go for a "A" level prospect "B" level prospect 1st rounder and a dump.
If your gonna whine about over valuing look what pronger got a few years back or what kaberle got and hes a cut above them. Another thing about iggy is hes a great leader so even if he stops getting 40 goals a season hell lead a team to the cup without a problem. He got 10 straight 40 goal seasons with NOBODY even near his skill level to help him. immagine what hed do with seguin bergeron toews datsyuk hed tear the league up. nashville needs a superstar forward and iginla is just that. IMO nashville needs to push this year while they still have sutter and weber.

Detroit: Iginla
Calgary: Tatar Smith 1st and as for a dump filpulla or hudler

Chicago: Iginla and moss
Calhary: Morin Mcneil 1st and brunnete

Boston: Iginla
Calgary: Hamilton Knight 2nd 5th and a dump so corvo or boychuck i dont know who boston folk would want to give up as a dump.

Nashville: Iginla
Calgary: two of Ellis, Blum or wilson plus a 2nd and legwand or whoever one wants as a dump

As for other assets i see bourque going to NYR, Columbus, phoenix or montreal

NYR: Bourque
Calgary: Kreider

Montreal: Bourque
Calgary: Leblanc

Calgary: Brassard 3rd
Columbus: Bourque

Phoenix: bourque
Calgary: Turris

I think glencross and girodano will stay

Bouwmeester will go i beleive to Rangers or New Jersey Devils

Rangers: Bouwmeester
Calgary: Mcdounough wolski 1st (partly for taking wolski)

Devils: Bouwmeester
Calgary: Tendenby 1st and Zubrus or Clarkson

Only big deals left are for kipper
I see Tampa or

Tampa: kipper and moss
Calgary: Connoly, Namestnikov, Ashton or tyrell plus roloson

portuguesecanadian95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 02:00 PM
Bobs your uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabokov20 View Post
I wish you all the best in your rebuild. That said, I see absolutely no reason for the other teams to accept with any of those deals. Face it, the only way Calgary is going to get better is by letting a bunch of free agents go this off-season, getting rid of stajan, and drafting well.
BINGO!

Bobs your uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 02:22 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by portuguesecanadian95 View Post
Iginla will go for a "A" level prospect "B" level prospect 1st rounder and a dump.
If your gonna whine about over valuing look what pronger got a few years back or what kaberle got and hes a cut above them. Another thing about iggy is hes a great leader so even if he stops getting 40 goals a season hell lead a team to the cup without a problem. He got 10 straight 40 goal seasons with NOBODY even near his skill level to help him. immagine what hed do with seguin bergeron toews datsyuk hed tear the league up. nashville needs a superstar forward and iginla is just that. IMO nashville needs to push this year while they still have sutter and weber.

Calgary: Hamilton Knight 2nd 5th and a dump so corvo or boychuck i dont know who boston folk would want to give up as a dump.

Calgary: two of Ellis, Blum or wilson plus a 2nd and legwand or whoever one wants as a dump

I see Tampa or

Some of these returns are very...optimistic.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 02:33 PM
monkeywrench

Quote:

I see Tampa or

Is it just me or are they asking for too much for bourque?
He still has 4 years left on his contract after this season, and he is almost 30 years old. No offence but I just don't see him getting any better, and those prospects are high price to pay for him.

monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 02:35 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
Is it just me or are they asking for too much for bourque?
He still has 4 years left on his contract after this season, and he is almost 30 years old. No offence but I just don't see him getting any better, and those prospects are high price to pay for him.
I thought the Bourque proposals were actually the most realistic of the bunch.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Gudbranson44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
Let me try this too
Panthers get:
- Scott Hannan
Flames get:
- Alexander Petrovic
- 5th in 2012

U cannot be serious? why in gods name would we (still rebuilding) do anything like like that, and especially for dead meat like hannan??

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLaMeRss View Post
My Rebuild - Without looking at FA for next season.......

To FLA - Olli Jokinen & 3rd Round Pick
To CGY Nick Bjugstad

You keep that garbage!
Olli is done and done in florida

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:43 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

I don't think the Flames are going to be able to move all the players being bandied about in this thread. At least, not for a significant return.

I wouldn't expect anyone other than Iginla, Kiprusoff and Bourque (out of the players the Flames are likely to move) to net much value, and unless they decide they are going to tank - something Feaster has spoken out against - they'd probably only move Bourque from that group.

Other than that they will probably have to content themselves with mid-late round picks and B prospects for players like Sarich, Hannan, Jokinen, Kostopolous, Jackman etc.. and bide their time until Stajan and Bouwmeester's deals are up.

Hopefully by then they will have restocked their cupboards, if they can ice an improving team they should have the room they need to go out and shop for a couple of players who might actually fill key holes in their lineup.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:49 PM
tempest2i
Feral

Quote:
Originally Posted by gifted88 View Post
Realistically the Flames will fire Sutter before they even think about a re-build.
There isn't a coach in the world, employed or unemployed, who can turn the current crop of Flames players into what the owners and management expects of them.

tempest2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
We've got no need for Karlsson; if he can't help the Flames win games, what chance does he have with us? The only goaltender I really want out of Calgary is Kiprusoff - and obviously that requires a larger deal. (If you look around I had a proposal for one earlier.)

Also, I've said it before, I'll say it again - Columbus Needs Defensemen. Top-4 "now" guys. While Bourque is a quality player, he's not one we're likely to spend significant assets on, so I wouldn't expect him to come here. We wouldn't be willing or able to pay what he's worth.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:45 PM
crazyforhockey

at the tradedeadline anybody with about 1.4 in cap space will be able to afford a 7 mil for the rest of the season...... plus to get an Iginla Im sure there is a decent player or two that can be traded to fit him in.

crazyforhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 12:26 AM
pld459666

Quote:

No thanks.

Seriously? I prefer McDonagh over Jay-Bo now, why give away 2 good assets for a lesser player

I see Tampa or

Replies in red.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 01:11 AM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBLEAF View Post
massive overpayment by buffalo.maybe 5 years ago the value was would be there...maybe
if Mike Fisher is worth a 1st and a conditional 2nd at the deadline at his inflated $4.5 million, a pair of 2nd for Jokinen is not an overpayment, let alone a massive one. Like I stated Boyes would strictly be a salary dump so if they wanted to move him elsewhere that would be more than ok

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 01:13 AM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherHockeyFan View Post
Do you mean Taylor Beck or Jonathon Blum?
my bad, it was Taylor Beck

Old
11-25-2011, 01:15 AM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisournextbure View Post
[/B]
U cannot be serious? why in gods name would we (still rebuilding) do anything like like that, and especially for dead meat like hannan?
Obviously you haven't seen Hannan play this year or last year for the most part if you are calling him "dead meat". and a mid-level prospect and a late round pick is hardly something that would set back a rebuilding team especially one I think will challenge for home ice in the playoffs

Old
11-25-2011, 01:56 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

the flames are in an unhappy situation due to asset mismanagement in the past.

I think the best path for Calgary is to go lottery pick for a few seasons and hope to score a penguin coup of picks

Its how Edmonton, Islanders, Florida and perhaps Carolina are building things too, so come to think of it maybe the best thing for Calgary to do is to try and make the playoffs for a season or two more while restocking the system prior to stinkitude

That way by the time Hall and Tavarez are going back to team management on their second larger contracts the Flames will be starting to make their lottery picks.

not sure a blowup of the roster is the best move for this team when the minors appear somewhat bare of solid prospects. So the team at that point should probably bring in a coach like Tom Renney and a GM like Dale Tallon and hunker down for a few seasons

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 01:57 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin425 View Post
How about something a little more realistic than, these massive fantasy rebuilds....somthing like.....

Contender - Iginla
Flames - roster player/salary dump, top prospect, 1st round pick

for example

Rangers - Iginla
Flames -Ryan McDonagh, Christian Thomas, 1st round pick
(not sure on McDonagh's salary or Ranger's Cap situation....just giving an example)
that deal is never going to happen

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 08:03 AM
SufferingCatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
the flames are in an unhappy situation due to asset mismanagement in the past.

I think the best path for Calgary is to go lottery pick for a few seasons and hope to score a penguin coup of picks

Its how Edmonton, Islanders, Florida and perhaps Carolina are building things too, so come to think of it maybe the best thing for Calgary to do is to try and make the playoffs for a season or two more while restocking the system prior to stinkitude

That way by the time Hall and Tavarez are going back to team management on their second larger contracts the Flames will be starting to make their lottery picks.

not sure a blowup of the roster is the best move for this team when the minors appear somewhat bare of solid prospects. So the team at that point should probably bring in a coach like Tom Renney and a GM like Dale Tallon and hunker down for a few seasons
Agree on the bad asset management. Also respectfully suggest poor talent evaluation and poor cap management. That is the world that I lived in before Tallon arrived and gave us hope...

A few suggestions from what I learned over the past 2 seasons. Tanking for a top 3 pick is worth it. But, you cannot rebuild entirely through the draft because it takes too long and is too much of a crap shoot. You also have to trade for prospects, especially those that are nearly NHL ready and can play a 5-6 D-man role or 3rd-4th role for cheap because it gives you a lot of cap flexibility. When the TDL arrives, trade the vets, like Jokenin, to a contender for more value than they are worth. Be willing to overpay for young UFAs to plug gaps...

SufferingCatFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 08:21 AM
conroy675

Pittsburgh Says no to the Tanguay deal.

conroy675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 08:22 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

So many No-Trade Clauses...

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 08:35 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:

I see Tampa or

Maybe it is just my opinion, but I don't think there is any way that Boston would do that deal. Hamilton won't be traded at least until he gets to play for the Bruins at the NHL level and they get to see if he can carry over his outstanding play at that level. As a matter of fact, I don't think they would trade Hamilton alone for Iginla.

It is more about what they have in their system than what the value is and they don't have another d prospect like Hamilton and I just don't see them giving him up for anything other than a deal that involves a #1 d-man.

I don't see the Bruins giving up 5 pieces for Iginla unless they are giving up guys like Hamill, Pouliot, Arniel, etc. If they moved out Corvo or Boychuk in a deal for Iginla they would need to add a defenseman immediately.

A 1st round pick, Knight, and Caron is probably more in line of what the Bruins would be willing to give up in a deal for a winger. I'm not saying that is what Calgary should take for Iginla, but that is what the Bruins would be willing to trade.

I think the deal for Bourque that was mentioned earlier may be more in line for what the Bruins would be looking for.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 09:47 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
Obviously you haven't seen Hannan play this year or last year for the most part if you are calling him "dead meat". and a mid-level prospect and a late round pick is hardly something that would set back a rebuilding team especially one I think will challenge for home ice in the playoffs
I love those "obviously you haven't seen so-and-so play" posts.

If Hannan was so great, he wouldn't have spent a month and a half as a UFA this summer before signing a 1year, $1 mill contract with Calgary. I'm not saying the guy is a plug or anything, but his value is hardly skyhigh right now. If he's doing that good in Calgary, my suggestion would be to just keep him there because you won't get anything worthwhile for him until the trade deadline at the earliest.

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 11:06 AM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I love those "obviously you haven't seen so-and-so play" posts.

If Hannan was so great, he wouldn't have spent a month and a half as a UFA this summer before signing a 1year, $1 mill contract with Calgary. I'm not saying the guy is a plug or anything, but his value is hardly skyhigh right now. If he's doing that good in Calgary, my suggestion would be to just keep him there because you won't get anything worthwhile for him until the trade deadline at the earliest.
That's kind of shortsighted. Players with experience are always in demand, especially if they have cheap contracts. The way teams are clustered in the standings an injury to a defenseman or two could be catastrophic to a team's playoff chances. A guy like Hannan could very easily be a valuable player to a team in need of a blue liner that won't hurt your team.

I think Hannan sat on the market for a while because of his inconsistent play last season. There were concerns about him, but his play this season has been very good, making him attractive to teams scouting the Flames. I wouldn't discount Hannan's value right now.

CGYPUKSUX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 11:36 AM
gifted88
Dante the poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest2i View Post
There isn't a coach in the world, employed or unemployed, who can turn the current crop of Flames players into what the owners and management expects of them.
I don't disagree with you, but the impression I get from Feaster is that there is no need to rebuild. He seems to expect more from his veteran group than they are giving.

gifted88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 11:43 AM
SouthFLFan79

To FLA - Olli Jokinen & 3rd Round Pick
To CGY Nick Bjugstad

I assume this was a joke correct? I wouldnt take Olli back on our team for free, he is a pain in the asre, a cancer and a quitter

SouthFLFan79 is offline   Reply With Quote