HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2011 (part 7)

View Poll Results: Yay or Nay?
Yes 11 47.83%
No 12 52.17%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2011, 06:46 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post
I heard that Jack Johnson is being shopped around by LA.
How about Cammalleri, Weber, a prospect, and 2nd or 3rd rounder sound?
But, with Richards out indefinitely with a concussion, LA might be looking for a centre. Could this be an opportunity to finally trade Gomez plus others mentioned above for a young defenseman with huge potential and great skill?
They have Richards Stoll and Kopitar. Plus Richards has rejoined the team and is skating. I doubt they make much of a move.

Old
12-16-2011, 07:22 AM
Halifaxhab*

What about a deal with the Isles, who seem to want to build a mini Swiss national team (before we do)

Yannick Weber
2012 3rd

for

Anders Lee
Ty Wishart

Old
12-16-2011, 07:30 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
What about a deal with the Isles, who seem to want to build a mini Swiss national team (before we do)

Yannick Weber
2012 3rd

for

Anders Lee
Ty Wishart
Why Wishart? He's a bust, been on waivers a few times...

Old
12-16-2011, 07:33 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Why Wishart? He's a bust, been on waivers a few times...
just to keep some depth as a tweener...and let's be honest PG loves these reclamation projects. But Lee is the main target

Old
12-16-2011, 07:42 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
just to keep some depth as a tweener...and let's be honest PG loves these reclamation projects. But Lee is the main target
We have Mitera Stafford St.Denis etc all same calibre, get a pick instead.

The way PK is playing on the top PP, Weber should be promoted, not traded.

Old
12-16-2011, 07:48 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
We have Mitera Stafford St.Denis etc all same calibre, get a pick instead.

The way PK is playing on the top PP, Weber should be promoted, not traded.
I don't feel PK is doing poorly on the PP, he definately needs more work....but so do 4 other guys wearing la sainte flanelle.

at the end of the day, the one move PGGM could do to improve this team is to fire JM and bring in a guy like Carlyle

Old
12-16-2011, 07:50 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I don't feel PK is doing poorly on the PP, he definately needs more work....but so do 4 other guys wearing la sainte flanelle.

at the end of the day, the one move PGGM could do to improve this team is to fire JM and bring in a guy like Carlyle
They are setting him up and he keeps taking the big one timer and hitting shin pads. He hurt the top PP last night. Cammy also needs to start shooting more.

Old
12-16-2011, 08:14 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
They are setting him up and he keeps taking the big one timer and hitting shin pads. He hurt the top PP last night. Cammy also needs to start shooting more.
I saw one shot of PK's hit shinpads, most were either too wildly off the target or hit someone in front....he does need to tone it down to get more shots onto the net, but he had made some good passes and Camm had something like 8 SOG. If I had an answer for the PP, I'd be the coach, but I also know JM doesn't seem to have a clue, because why would Darche be playing that much on the PP when he can plug in...I don't know, Kostitsyn!?

Old
12-16-2011, 08:22 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I saw one shot of PK's hit shinpads, most were either too wildly off the target or hit someone in front....he does need to tone it down to get more shots onto the net, but he had made some good passes and Camm had something like 8 SOG. If I had an answer for the PP, I'd be the coach, but I also know JM doesn't seem to have a clue, because why would Darche be playing that much on the PP when he can plug in...I don't know, Kostitsyn!?
The PP is basically at 23%(4/18) with Kaberle, I think the piece missing is Cammalleri shooting more(and scoring).

Old
12-16-2011, 08:27 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
The PP is basically at 23%(4/18) with Kaberle, I think the piece missing is Cammalleri shooting more(and scoring).
I COMPLETELY agreee with the scoring part. or, use him on the top PP unit to be used with Kaberle a little more, splitting up Patches and Cole, giving a solid net prescence to both PP units, thus giving shooters like Camm, AK more space

Old
12-16-2011, 11:04 AM
EDSHabs

Would a trade with Isle centered around Cammalleri for Moulson makes any sense.

Moulson has 2 x 30 goal season and on pace for over 40 this year, is younger at 28, cheaper with a 3.3 cap hit to the same year as Cam and bigger.

Seems to score a lot from in close, maybe he can replace Darche on the PP.

If only Gomez would accept to go there, we could even try to include Gomez and Rolston.

So either Cammalleri + for Moulson +
or Cammalleri, Gomez + for Moulson, Rolston +

What do you guys think would be needed to balance things out?

Old
12-16-2011, 12:51 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandStroumph View Post

Moulson has 2 x 30 goal season and on pace for over 40 this year, is younger at 28, cheaper with a 3.3 cap hit to the same year as Cam and bigger.

If only Gomez would accept to go there, we could even try to include Gomez and Rolston.

If the Habs are trading Cammalleri I'd want Okposo back and a pick.

Old
12-16-2011, 01:32 PM
EDSHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
If the Habs are trading Cammalleri I'd want Okposo back and a pick.
Problem with that is Okposo is a right wing so we end up with a hole on the left. As well even though he has good potential I don't think he helps out as much as Cammy or Moulson would right now.

Also he is still a young first rounder, so I dont' see the Isle trading him and picks for Cammy when they are not close to be a contender and pretty much quaranteed to missed the playoff.

I would think if we want Okposo it would probably be more like Cammy +pick / prospect for Moulson, Okposo .

We get 2 roster players while giving one, cap hit stays about the same.

Moulson makes up for Cammy's loss, Okposo is and upgrade over our revolving 3rd line right wing and has good futur upside.

Isle get a good scorer for the present and pick in a deep draft / prospect to help in the futur.

Forward line

Moulson - Pleck - Gio/Okposo
MaxPac - DD - Cole
AK - Eller - Gio / Okposo
Moen - Noke - Darche/Blunden/White

Old
12-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Problem with that is Okposo is a right wing so we end up with a hole on the left. As well even though he has good potential I don't think he helps out as much as Cammy or Moulson would right now.

Also he is still a young first rounder, so I dont' see the Isle trading him and picks for Cammy when they are not close to be a contender and pretty much quaranteed to missed the playoff.

I would think if we want Okposo it would probably be more like Cammy +pick / prospect for Moulson, Okposo .

We get 2 roster players while giving one, cap hit stays about the same.

Moulson makes up for Cammy's loss, Okposo is and upgrade over our revolving 3rd line right wing and has good futur upside.

Isle get a good scorer for the present and pick in a deep draft / prospect to help in the futur.

Forward line

Moulson - Pleck - Gio/Okposo
MaxPac - DD - Cole
AK - Eller - Gio / Okposo
Moen - Noke - Darche/Blunden/White
I see that as being even less probable....but I like it

Old
12-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Vincent01

Quote:

Is there even a reason why New York would trade Moulson for Cammalleri at the moment? Like you said he's half the price of Cammalleri, younger, bigger and on pace for 40 goals. Why the hell would they do that?

Old
12-16-2011, 06:33 PM
EDSHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent01 View Post
Is there even a reason why New York would trade Moulson for Cammalleri at the moment? Like you said he's half the price of Cammalleri, younger, bigger and on pace for 40 goals. Why the hell would they do that?
Well, that's why I had + on both side and was asking what other poster here think would be required to balance it out.

Obviously fans and actual GM opinions will be different but seems like is value is still being questioned on the Isle board debating if he his not a product of playing with Tavares, beeing a late round pick and all. With some proposing a strait Turris for Moulson trade in the Turris rumor thread or even a Moulson + pick for Turris.

I think he his legit so I would probably do Cammy + for Moulson. Just not sure what the + would be that the Isle would want.

Old
12-16-2011, 06:48 PM
Vincent01

Quote:
Well, that's why I had + on both side and was asking what other poster here think would be required to balance it out.

Obviously fans and actual GM opinions will be different but seems like is value is still being questioned on the Isle board debating if he his not a product of playing with Tavares, beeing a late round pick and all. With some proposing a strait Turris for Moulson trade in the Turris rumor thread or even a Moulson + pick for Turris.

I think he his legit so I would probably do Cammy + for Moulson. Just not sure what the + would be that the Isle would want.
Have you seen the reaction of the Islanders fans a few minutes after someone proposed Moulson + for Turris? Even if he's only producing because of Tavares, it doesn't matter because he's still putting up numbers. That line (Parenteau, Tavares, Moulson) has developped a great chemistry, especially lately. Plus, I'm pretty sure the Islanders aren't interrested in taking a bigger contract with their financial situation. In Montreal point of view that trade would be great but this isn't a trade that adresses any of the New York Islanders needs.

Old
12-16-2011, 10:19 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post
I heard that Jack Johnson is being shopped around by LA.
How about Cammalleri, Weber, a prospect, and 2nd or 3rd rounder sound?
But, with Richards out indefinitely with a concussion, LA might be looking for a centre. Could this be an opportunity to finally trade Gomez plus others mentioned above for a young defenseman with huge potential and great skill?
Johnson is definitely a defenceman worth taking some serious thought about trading for,if in fact he's being traded I'd like to know what the bare minimum the Kings want for him.I love the core group the Habs have and it would be difficult breaking up the chemistry they already have,Emelin could be just as good in a couple of years.You have to keep in mind that our players are pretty good also and the Habs will be an elite team soon.Eller is going to be a #1 center and better than Kopitar in a couple more years IMHO.Beaulieu,Bennett,Tinordi oh Montreal's defence is going to turn heads.Johnson would look so good with those guys and Subban,Diaz,Ellis and so on.

Old
12-17-2011, 11:04 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
1 for 1, as much as I love Plekanec on our team and think he should be a part of the core group as we (hopefully) start building a contender, I would have to say yes.

Staal is definitely the more dynamic player... 27 and only his rookie season below 70pts... cup winner... quality playoff and international performer...

plus it would absolutely necessitate the removal of Gomez, and we already have the perfect linemate for him.

but, I seriously doubt the Canes would even consider a 1-for-1 swap, and the ++ would probably be enough for me to say no thanks. Pleks is quite possibly the better "all-around" player, loves playing in montreal, is a 70pt player with Martin at the helm (potentially even better producer in a different system?) and is 3.25M$ less of a cap hit.

i wouldn't even add the regular "1st", which I'm sure would be the minimum + the canes would expect.

quoting myself...

but that rumor floating around of

To Mtl
Staal

To Carolina
Plekanec
Beaulieu

is getting discussed in a thread soon to be closed I imagine, but I wanted to see what others think.

Personally, I wouldn't pull the trigger if Beaulieu was the + that we needed to add to Plekanec to make the deal.

the difference in actual play (ignoring "potential") btw Plekanec & Staal is pretty much non-existent. Staal obviously brings a more imposing dynamic to the mix, but plekanec is so damn effective in all phases of the game that i'd argue their overall value to a team is pretty much the same.

Beaulieu "fell" to us in the draft, and since being drafted has done nothing but play to/above expectations.

Too much of a add-on on our part, especially given the 3.25M$ difference btw pleks & Staal... as much as it would be thrilling to finally have the big dominant first line player...

Old
12-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
quoting myself...

To Mtl
Staal

To Carolina
Plekanec
Beaulieu

is getting discussed in a thread soon to be closed I imagine, but I wanted to see what others think.

Personally, I wouldn't pull the trigger if Beaulieu was the + that we needed to add to Plekanec to make the deal.

the difference in actual play (ignoring "potential") btw Plekanec & Staal is pretty much non-existent. Staal obviously brings a more imposing dynamic to the mix, but plekanec is so damn effective in all phases of the game that i'd argue their overall value to a team is pretty much the same.

Beaulieu "fell" to us in the draft, and since being drafted has done nothing but play to/above expectations.

Too much of a add-on on our part, especially given the 3.25M$ difference btw pleks & Staal... as much as it would be thrilling to finally have the big dominant first line player...
With the cap hits considered, I'm not sure I'd do Plekanec straight up(5 mil vs 8+mil) let alone throw in one of our best prospects.

If Staal had played at an all-star level most of his career, sure, but that's a recipe for another Gomez-like situation. Odds are Staal won't play up to that contract. At 8.5 mil you should be a top 10 scorer year in and year out.

If we could get him without tearing apart the core, I'd definitely be interested. Maybe you do Cammalleri Eller and Beaulieu plus Gomez if they want him.

Old
12-17-2011, 11:01 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Reading the offer above, we got to remember Habs got to sign Price, Gorges and PK this offseason.. If you want Staal, you got to unload some salary too...

With the Canes in a quite similar as the Habs, I thought about this off the top of my head... Since Muller is their Head Coach and seems they want to keep him for a while... Could it be possible that they will attempt to mould the team around Skinner and Muller to prep them for the future, but still compete right now?

If thats the case, I could see this work out pretty well...

To Carolina:
Tomas Plekanec
Michael Cammalleri
Second Round Pick

To Montreal:
Eric Staal
First Round Pick
Anthony Stewart

I personally don't really want to do this trade... I dont think it would be good for the Habs.. But just throwing out the idea to see what you guys think, or if I'm delusional

Old
12-18-2011, 02:37 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Reading the offer above, we got to remember Habs got to sign Price, Gorges and PK this offseason.. If you want Staal, you got to unload some salary too...

With the Canes in a quite similar as the Habs, I thought about this off the top of my head... Since Muller is their Head Coach and seems they want to keep him for a while... Could it be possible that they will attempt to mould the team around Skinner and Muller to prep them for the future, but still compete right now?

To Carolina:
Tomas Plekanec
Michael Cammalleri
Second Round Pick

To Montreal:
Eric Staal
First Round Pick
Anthony Stewart

I personally don't really want to do this trade... I dont think it would be good for the Habs.. But just throwing out the idea to see what you guys think, or if I'm delusional
I would do that trade in a Heartbeat, Eric Staal and a top 5 pick? I don't even care about Stewart that would be an absolute steal. No way does Carolina do that, never ever.

Pacioretty - Staal - Cole would be unbelievable.

Old
12-18-2011, 03:52 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
quoting myself...

To Mtl
Staal

To Carolina
Plekanec
Beaulieu

plekanec needs more love from habs fans...

im not even sure if i would do a straight plekanec for staal trade...

Old
12-18-2011, 06:34 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post

To Carolina:
Tomas Plekanec
Michael Cammalleri
Second Round Pick

To Montreal:
Eric Staal
First Round Pick
Anthony Stewart

At 8.5 mil Staal isn't worth Plekanec and Cammy...ridiculous. Plus Stewart is Garbage, big guy that doesn't hit or score and he is useless defensively.

Old
12-18-2011, 07:18 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
At 8.5 mil Staal isn't worth Plekanec and Cammy...ridiculous. Plus Stewart is Garbage, big guy that doesn't hit or score and he is useless defensively.
this!

Closed Thread