HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2011 (part 7)

View Poll Results: Yay or Nay?
Yes 11 47.83%
No 12 52.17%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-08-2012, 09:03 AM
  #726
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
All these talks about star players, with Gauthier at the helm, when all is said and done, I don't see any of them with the team, mostly some 4th line depth forward, in case Darche gets injured...
It has nothing to do with Gauthier, star players rarely get traded. I doubt any of Anaheim's big 3 get moved.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
01-08-2012, 04:05 PM
  #727
NH57
Habs 4 Life
 
NH57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,541
vCash: 500
To Montreal:

Nicklas Grossman

To Dallas:

Chris Campoli

How does this swap sound?

NH57 is offline  
Old
01-08-2012, 08:34 PM
  #728
habsrule22
Registered User
 
habsrule22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Powassan, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,647
vCash: 500
with the injuries that Pittsburgh has, would you consider a cammy for Despres and a little more trade?

habsrule22 is offline  
Old
01-08-2012, 08:56 PM
  #729
Killerguitar101*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Killerguitar101*
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
with the injuries that Pittsburgh has, would you consider a cammy for Despres and a little more trade?
No trade with Pittsburgh if it's not involving Deryk Engelland.

Killerguitar101* is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 07:54 AM
  #730
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerguitar101 View Post
No trade with Pittsburgh if it's not involving Deryk Engelland.
Shero : Crosby for Plekanec
Gauthier : No way, you HAVE to add Engelland
Shero : WTF ?
Gauthier : Yeah, yeah, you heard me...
Shero : ???
Gauthier : We need toughness !
Shero : ???????

... who the **** cares about this goon, really...

MTL-rules is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 08:05 AM
  #731
Vasculio
Booya !
 
Vasculio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: La Tuque
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Shero : Crosby for Plekanec
Gauthier : No way, you HAVE to add Engelland
Shero : WTF ?
Gauthier : Yeah, yeah, you heard me...
Shero : ???
Gauthier : We need toughness !
Shero : ???????

... who the **** cares about this goon, really...
Well, he actually does seem pretty decent defensively too, I don't think he's only a goon. But I understand, anyway this killerguitar probably wants a goon team, I think he should watch the Chekhov Vityaz in the KHL instead...

Vasculio is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 08:08 AM
  #732
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post
To Montreal:

Nicklas Grossman

To Dallas:

Chris Campoli

How does this swap sound?
I don't see Dallas trading him that cheap, Grossman is one of their better defensemen.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 11:18 AM
  #733
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
with the injuries that Pittsburgh has, would you consider a cammy for Despres and a little more trade?
in a heartbeat

Halifaxhab* is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 05:57 PM
  #734
Kobe Armstrong
Registered User
 
Kobe Armstrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 3,438
vCash: 713
What do you guys think about this trade?

To Mtl.
1st round pick in 2012

Aaron Asham

To Pitts

Cammy + a 3rd
Palushaj
Gill

This trade frees up cap space, and adds toughness. It also gives pittsburgh more scoring depth, a vetern defender, and a B-level prospect as well as a decent pick in the draft. With all of pittsburghs injuries they need some more players so I think this trade helps both team.

Also bundle that 1st with our 1st and trade up to top 3 in the draft, Grigorenko time!

Kobe Armstrong is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 06:17 PM
  #735
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan2772 View Post
What do you guys think about this trade?

To Mtl.
1st round pick in 2012

Aaron Asham

To Pitts

Cammy + a 3rd
Palushaj
Gill

This trade frees up cap space, and adds toughness. It also gives pittsburgh more scoring depth, a vetern defender, and a B-level prospect as well as a decent pick in the draft. With all of pittsburghs injuries they need some more players so I think this trade helps both team.

Also bundle that 1st with our 1st and trade up to top 3 in the draft, Grigorenko time!
Cammaleri alone should fetch that kind of return, no need to add anything... espacially Gill (who they don't need) that I'm pretty sure could get us a nice return alone.

MTL-rules is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 06:28 PM
  #736
habsrule22
Registered User
 
habsrule22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Powassan, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,647
vCash: 500
Rumor has it Derek Roy is available, should we be interest and what would it take?

habsrule22 is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 06:55 PM
  #737
giovannicanella
Registered User
 
giovannicanella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 500
We have to be very careful who we trade for...new roster players push out others...Roy and Grossman seem like interesting targets and for the right price it could seem like a good deal however I feel we should also consider players like vermette and/or brassard and others, due deligence is important

giovannicanella is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 07:10 PM
  #738
Kobe Armstrong
Registered User
 
Kobe Armstrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 3,438
vCash: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Cammaleri alone should fetch that kind of return, no need to add anything... espacially Gill (who they don't need) that I'm pretty sure could get us a nice return alone.
I think that in a perfect world cammy could fetch that return, but in all reality now I dont think any team would give up that much for him. I could see dropping either palushaj or the 3rd rounder, but I think Gill may be necessarry for the deal. Gill is a vetern defenseman who won a cup there who could fit in well and mentor the young guys. I just feel the penguins would get hosed in a cammy and gill for a 1st and asham swap.

Kobe Armstrong is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 07:20 PM
  #739
Killerguitar101*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Killerguitar101*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
... who the **** cares about this goon, really...
all them who are not puss.

Killerguitar101* is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 07:57 PM
  #740
karatekid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
Rumor has it Derek Roy is available, should we be interest and what would it take?
No thanks! No more smurfs!

karatekid is offline  
Old
01-10-2012, 03:53 PM
  #741
NH57
Habs 4 Life
 
NH57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,541
vCash: 500
Here is what we need to do:

1. Trade Cammalleri for a 1st rounder
2. Trade our 2 1st rounders at the draft to a team picking in the top 2 and draft either Grigorenko or Yakupov
3. Do anything with Gomez that will remove his salary from the books
4. Use our cap space to throw the bank at Parise
5. Trade Plekanec, Weber and a decent prospect as well as a 1st or 2nd rounder next year for a legit top line centre to play with Parise

Voila! 25th Stanley Cup, here we come!

Thoughts??

NH57 is offline  
Old
01-10-2012, 04:05 PM
  #742
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post
Here is what we need to do:

1. Trade Cammalleri for a 1st rounder
2. Trade our 2 1st rounders at the draft to a team picking in the top 2 and draft either Grigorenko or Yakupov
3. Do anything with Gomez that will remove his salary from the books
4. Use our cap space to throw the bank at Parise
5. Trade Plekanec, Weber and a decent prospect as well as a 1st or 2nd rounder next year for a legit top line centre to play with Parise

Voila! 25th Stanley Cup, here we come!

Thoughts??
Yup cause teams with strong top lines and #1 centers never struggle ~cough~ Anaheim Carolina Columbus ~cough~

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
01-10-2012, 04:12 PM
  #743
Kwikwi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post
Here is what we need to do:

1. Trade Cammalleri for a 1st rounder
2. Trade our 2 1st rounders at the draft to a team picking in the top 2 and draft either Grigorenko or Yakupov
3. Do anything with Gomez that will remove his salary from the books
4. Use our cap space to throw the bank at Parise
5. Trade Plekanec, Weber and a decent prospect as well as a 1st or 2nd rounder next year for a legit top line centre to play with Parise

Voila! 25th Stanley Cup, here we come!

Thoughts??
1: Well i would Cammalleri for a late 1st
2: probably not going to work, unless we have top 5
3: agree
4: Cole, pac, kost play left like parise which is why he wont sign in NJ due to Lower icetime behind Kovy. I know Cole and pac play on the same line. Maybe it can work, but it might be too early to grab a 6.5mil ufa. We need 2 years if we are to build around our 1st from this year( im for tanking btw)
5: pleky is a fine center, he just has a off year, especially due to our PP and Cammalleri

Kwikwi is offline  
Old
01-10-2012, 04:23 PM
  #744
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikwi View Post
1: Well i would Cammalleri for a late 1st
4: Cole, pac, kost play left like parise which is why he wont sign in NJ due to Lower icetime behind Kovy. I know Cole and pac play on the same line. Maybe it can work, but it might be too early to grab a 6.5mil ufa. We need 2 years if we are to build around our 1st from this year( im for tanking btw)
5: pleky is a fine center, he just has a off year, especially due to our PP and Cammalleri
Cammalleri has consistently had 1st line ice time with Pleks and I would assume that would be where he is slotted with either AK or Cole as the right winger, probably Cole. Leblanc might a fit on the right when he is ready.

Frozenice is offline  
Old
01-10-2012, 05:54 PM
  #745
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,407
vCash: 500
As much as it would be nice to have an extra 1st round pick, I don't see the logic of trading Cammalleri for a 1st with no immediate help coming back.

Yeah it would clear cap room, but camp room for whom? Yeah it would be nice to get Parise, but if you have to overpay him you end up with the same situation. To me you keep Cammy and if you can sign Parise for 7.5 mil x 5-8 years you do it then worry about dumping salary. Last summer we made an gressive offer to Richards(64 mil for 8 years I heard) even if we only had 4-5 mil of cap room.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
01-10-2012, 10:44 PM
  #746
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,679
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
As much as it would be nice to have an extra 1st round pick, I don't see the logic of trading Cammalleri for a 1st with no immediate help coming back.

Yeah it would clear cap room, but camp room for whom? Yeah it would be nice to get Parise, but if you have to overpay him you end up with the same situation. To me you keep Cammy and if you can sign Parise for 7.5 mil x 5-8 years you do it then worry about dumping salary. Last summer we made an gressive offer to Richards(64 mil for 8 years I heard) even if we only had 4-5 mil of cap room.
Your thought has merit but,it's time the Habs get aggressive,building up draft choices and letting other teams fight for the playoff drive.

S Bah is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 12:25 AM
  #747
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,060
vCash: 500
To Montreal: chicken Mcnugget happy meal with barbecue sauce
To McDonald's: David Desharnais

Habs Junkie is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 02:40 AM
  #748
Killerguitar101*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Killerguitar101*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
To Montreal: chicken Mcnugget happy meal with barbecue sauce
To McDonald's: David Desharnais
I can't figure how some people still hate DD.

Killerguitar101* is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 06:45 AM
  #749
NH57
Habs 4 Life
 
NH57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
To Montreal: chicken Mcnugget happy meal with barbecue sauce
To McDonald's: David Desharnais
DD will be a top six centre later, just give him a year or two. When we gets to a full time top six role, he will put up 60 points a year

NH57 is offline  
Old
01-11-2012, 06:56 AM
  #750
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post
DD will be a top six centre later, just give him a year or two. When we gets to a full time top six role, he will put up 60 points a year
Regardless of the future, he is a huge barrgain with 26 points in 42 games at 850k.

Monctonscout is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.