HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2011 (part 7)

View Poll Results: Yay or Nay?
Yes 11 47.83%
No 12 52.17%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2012, 05:37 PM
Stephaaane

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
You know Stastny is having a worse season than Plekanec, right?

I don't see how that would be an upgrade. Stastny has looked off offensively for a while now.
It would be a risky move, but Stastny has more upside offensively, in my opinion. This is why I would want him even if the last 2 years he has less points than he should be.

Old
01-14-2012, 05:44 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephaaane View Post
It would be a risky move, but Stastny has more upside offensively, in my opinion. This is why I would want him even if the last 2 years he has less points than he should be.
I think it's far too close to be worth swapping them directly unless there was more pieces that make it worthwhile. Stastny has played for a far more offensive team and the age difference isn't that big. Just considering those two, I'd much rather stick with the devil we know.

I really don't think Stastny is anything more than he has shown for the past 2 years.

Old
01-14-2012, 05:49 PM
jwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
What like hire JP Parise as the Asst. coach,Gauthier has cleared up some room on the Salary Cap but Carey & PK will be looking at raises.That's the biggest drawback the Habs have the same ones every team is supposedly under.Gauthier is the GM that will lead the Habs back to years of glory as long as he gets the time.Life under the microscope in Montreal doesn't make the GM's job and the secrecy necessary to build his team an easy one.When every media person wants favors the GM can't give they try to apply pressure from any hint of controversy which could damage any team chemistry in most cities.Getting off topic but Zach Parise or Shea Weber are two world beaters I would love to see in Montreal but can the team afford them,each are RFA's meaning what we get we lose elsewhere.Goalies and defence are what wins titles,Gauthier has those positions covered IMO,power forwards are now a strength.Plekanec,Eller and Desharnais having power wingers should flourish as the chemistry between players develop.Gomez it would appear is the next player with speed and playmaking skill that will be moved making room for Leblanc,Kristo and quite possibly Gallagher.The point being Gauthier is being rushed as always the impatience of the few is louder than the many that actually are aware of his retooling of our team.Time to take a stand and Gauthier by far is the best GM since Pollock,let's make sure he's not standing alone,the fans are the people that speak loudest even with TSN (Toronto Shaft Network)pounding out the news that a housecleaning is coming at the end of the season,Screw TSN.

I get your support for the present GM, but I think you had a bit of a mental episode there towards the end. I would consider it a personal favour if you would never again mention Gauthier and Pollock in the same sentence.
Thank you for you cooperation.

Old
01-15-2012, 07:00 AM
S Bah

Don'gt get me wrong I love what Sammy did in the 60's & 70's but not all of his first round picks were gems,go back through the drafts.Sammy had a wealth of talent to trade with rubes to get all of those picks.Gauthier on the other hand hasn't had that luxury.GM's these days are far and away much better hockey people IMHO,but I will refrain from using their names together in a sentence.I just hope the media frenzy doesn't drive the Montreal Canadiens as much as their fans do.As far as the trades go,Gomez should be the next player gone now that Eller is stepping up with Desharnais and Plecky.

Old
01-15-2012, 11:13 AM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

To Montreal:
Eric Staal
Drayson Bowman
4th rounder

To Carolina:
Gomez
Weber
AK
Moen
1st rounder

Old
01-15-2012, 11:18 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post
To Montreal:
Eric Staal
Drayson Bowman
4th rounder

To Carolina:
Gomez
Weber
AK
Moen
1st rounder
I want some of what you're ingesting only in dreams my friend only in dreams.

Old
01-15-2012, 11:20 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
To Montreal:
Eric Staal
Drayson Bowman
4th rounder

To Carolina:
Gomez
Weber
AK
Moen
1st rounder
I know Staal has a bad contract but why would Carolina take 2 upcoming UFA's plus a salary dump in Gomez? Makes no sense at all.

Old
01-15-2012, 11:33 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I know Staal has a bad contract but why would Carolina take 2 upcoming UFA's plus a salary dump in Gomez? Makes no sense at all.
Our 1st rounder, if a lotery pick, has a chance to be better and a lot cheaper than Staal.

Personnaly, I wouldn't do it. This is a rich team, we can bury Gomez in the minors...

If we get an 8th-10th pick, then yes... but Carolina wouldn't...

Old
01-15-2012, 11:34 AM
S Bah

Quote:
I think that having two low first round picks would more than make up for the salary dump.Carolina could conceivably get 1&2 overall nice to go with Skinner.Montreal might consider their first and give a better package so they could have two low picks though.

Old
01-15-2012, 11:56 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
The 1st pick should be pretty good though... but yeah, it seems like a trade a 9th or 8th team on trade deadline would perhaps (even then, Gomez ?) make, not a bottom feeder like us.

Old
01-15-2012, 12:57 PM
HCH

I would like to know what it would take to get a guy like Deryk Engelland out of Pittsburgh. At 6'2 he is a big, tough, RH defenseman who is second on his team in hits and third in blocked shots. At 29 years old, he is the right age because it allows our young prospects time to mature in Hamilton and his cap hit is an embarrassing $567,000.

For the balance of this year, he might fit well the a more offensive D-man like Kaberle or Campoli. His physical style might also complement a shot blocking defenseman like Gill, again for the balance of the year. For next year, who knows who might be available to pair with him. Even Brendon Nash would be a possibility.

Pittsburgh is struggling to hold on to a playoff spot and may be looking to make some changes. I don't know if we would have anything that interested them among our spare parts. And I can't say I've seen Engelland play much.

Just as we have been increasing our toughness on the forward lines, I would like to see more toughness on the blueline. If it isn't Engelland, it would be someone with those physical attributes and playing style that I would like to add.

Old
01-15-2012, 01:58 PM
habsrule22

I d see if we can sign AK, if not I would trade him to Minny or Dallas. They need scoring and we could get a very prospect and a 1st draft pick. The draft pick should end up in the teens. If we want we could use our 2nd round pick with that pick and move up in the draft and end up with 2 pretty good players

Old
01-15-2012, 02:36 PM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
I d see if we can sign AK, if not I would trade him to Minny or Dallas. They need scoring and we could get a very prospect and a 1st draft pick. The draft pick should end up in the teens. If we want we could use our 2nd round pick with that pick and move up in the draft and end up with 2 pretty good players
From Dallas, I would be interested in Chiasson, Oleksiak, Glennie, Vincour or Reilly Smith

From Minny, I would be interested in Granlund (even though they won't trade him), I would be very interested in Charlie Coyle (6'2" 202lbs, very strong and a good skater

Old
01-15-2012, 02:44 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
From Dallas, I would be interested in Chiasson, Oleksiak, Glennie, Vincour or Reilly Smith

From Minny, I would be interested in Granlund (even though they won't trade him), I would be very interested in Charlie Coyle (6'2" 202lbs, very strong and a good skater
Why would we want Chiasson? His skating is not NHL calibre. iw ould like Coyle though, he can play center or wing.

Old
01-15-2012, 02:54 PM
habsrule22

THe other player that should be moved in Moen = He is exactly what Vancouver needs in their bottom 6. Moen is also a good Pk player. We could get a good prospect or pick for him.

Old
01-15-2012, 03:56 PM
habsrule22

With Koivu in a sling What would Minny give for Desharnais, Andrei K, Campoli/Weber?

Old
01-15-2012, 04:01 PM
WhiskeySeven
H0CKEYY1NS1DERR

Can we ship AKost away at the deadline and make a hard move for Parise in the offseason?

edit: as in is it viable asset management?

For all AKost brings to the table, he is not a playoff performer and is inconsistent throughout his career. He is a big body and is a 25/25 guy, yes, but with Patches, Cole and Bourque how many big wingers do we need? Parise is as close to an elite talent as we could have.

Last edited by WhiskeySeven: 01-15-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old
01-15-2012, 04:01 PM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
With Koivu in a sling What would Minny give for Desharnais, Andrei K, Campoli/Weber?
Clutterbuck, Coyle, pick

Old
01-15-2012, 04:02 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Why would we want Chiasson? His skating is not NHL calibre. iw ould like Coyle though, he can play center or wing.
And at 20, he can't get better ?

Old
01-15-2012, 04:09 PM
WhiskeySeven
H0CKEYY1NS1DERR

Quote:
Clutterbuck, Coyle, pick
They would never trade Clutterbuck and I don't think we necessarily need him at what it would cost to get him.

We finally have huge wingers, now it's time to get some elite producers (worthy of Gomez and Gionta's cap money ) and centres who don't disappear every single season.

Old
01-15-2012, 04:33 PM
habsrule22

Quote:
Clutterbuck, Coyle, pick
Coyle and 1st would be good.

Old
01-15-2012, 04:43 PM
Richiebottles
S L O W | M A G I C

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
I think that we should target coyle. I think that AK for Coyle+2nd is fair.

Old
01-15-2012, 06:08 PM
vanejorg*

NEW RULEthanks Bill Maher for the new rule idea)

You cannot play in the NHL if you are not at least 180 cm in height, and 92 kg in weight.(translation for yanks and brits.....5'11", and 200 pds.) Furthermore, you cannot play as a defenceman in the NHL if you are not at least 188 cm in height and at least 100 kg in weight(once again for those few who are not with the rest of the world...6'2", and 220 pds.) This is not the NHL of 1975, it is the NHL of the 21st century. There are plenty of jobs for those that are genetically inadequate, and never grew beyond the height of a child. They can star as extras in the next Smurf's movie, or they can assist Santa at the North Pole in putting gifts together for Christmas, just to name a few, but they CANNOT be allowed to play in the NHL. What does this have to do with the trade proposal thread? They have gotten rid of one of their "mighty might" players, and now it is time to trade up, using the other players(Gomez, Gionta, Desharnais, Plekanec, and everybody on defence, except Hal Gill, and Alexei Emelin), for those that have achieved a real man's height and weight. Any negative response to this comment requires that you provide proof of your actual
height, and weight. Let's start with me. I am 191 cm in height, and 82 kg in weight.
I cannot play in the NHL. Let it rip trolls.

Old
01-15-2012, 06:19 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingAvtsin View Post
I think that we should target coyle. I think that AK for Coyle+2nd is fair.
You're out of your ****ing mind. You'd have to get compromising pictures of Fletcher's whole family to get him to stay on the phone with that offer.

Old
01-15-2012, 06:20 PM
jerrywally23*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyhabsfan View Post
Patrice Bergeron is a legit #1, he may not be crosby but he is a big time all round player. by the way 2 of the 3 teams are doing worse than us, but 2 of the 3 have also won cups.
Patrice Bergeron is a great 2 way center he plays all 3 zones, he back checks, he block shots, where as Tomas Plekanec he is also a great Centerman, he put up the points. But he doesn't play defensive and his +/- show that. Tomas Plekanec is a -17 and Bergeron is a +27, when Bergeron is out there it's like having a 3nd D-man on the Ice

Tomas Plekanec #14 - C
Montreal
DOB: 1982/10/31
POB: Kladno, Czech. (CZE)
Height: 5-11 Weight: 198lbs

GP G A PT +/-
44 9 22 31 -11

Patrice Bergeron #37 - C
Boston
DOB: 1985/07/24
POB: Ancienne-Lorette, Que, Canada
Height: 6-2 Weight: 194lbs