vCash: 500
Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Gui - Cullen - PMB
Seto - Granlund - Clutter
Gillies/Powe - Brodz - Johnson/Powe

Scandella - Shultz
Stoner - Zidlicky
Spurgeon - Falk

Brodin stays in Europe another year or starts the year in the AHL. Granlund doesn't get a top 6 spot handed to him, make him earn it. I think we're stuck with Zidlicky, and it would take a miracle to get someone to take that contract off our hands.

Backstrom & Harding are my goalies. Wild would be stupid to let Harding go (if he remains productive). 1 more year of split duty, then if all goes well Backstrom is allowed to leave and the Wild bring up Hackett from the AHL.

Wild48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 03:49 PM
thomast

Granlund-Cullen-Seto could work very well. But Granlund should play PP with Heatley. It would be magical.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 03:57 PM
Jbcraig1883

While next offseason will certainly be entertaining, I am surprised how few lists and/or comments fail to mention Bulmer....

He will be thicker and more experienced. Barring injuring, I have a hard time believing he won't be on next year's squad.

Jbcraig1883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:06 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbcraig1883 View Post
While next offseason will certainly be entertaining, I am surprised how few lists and/or comments fail to mention Bulmer....

He will be thicker and more experienced. Barring injuring, I have a hard time believing he won't be on next year's squad.
It depends. Right now, Johnson is making a good case to be brought back. That leaves our bottom 6 wingers as: Clutter, Johnson, Gillies, Staubitz/Kassian/Tough Guy. I'd rather us move away from the "enforcer" and roll something like...

Bulmer - Brodziak - Clutterbuck
Gillies - Powe - Johnson

And plug Kassian in only when absolutely necessary.

Dr Jan Itor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Jbcraig1883

Good point. Add in Almond, McMillan, and McIntyre and we have a lot of possibilities...

It will be interesting how Fletcher and Co. manage this next summer...

I am all in favor of re-signing Brodziak and it sounds like he loves his role here. If we re-sign everyone and only get rid of Zidlicky, it doesn't allow the youngsters to gain a lot of icetime.

Man, a lot of good problems to have.

With that said, I do see Wellman being traded while he has value (room for youngster crop for next year), Zidlicky being traded for a 4th or 5th (someone will take a chance on him), and possibly Harding. I don't see Harding being re-signed due to the logjam of goaltenders we have. I see Hackett being the backup next year.

Old
11-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Jbcraig1883

Looking at the top six...it looks like Bouchard has to be moved to make room for Granlund, right? Btw, I see Granlund as a winger.

Not gonna move Lats imo. Even though hes hurt, when hes on, you can't stop him. He does have that PF game. Not gonna move Heater or Seto either...

I don't know guys, looks like the Aeros will be fun to watch next year. I still think Chuck, Yeo and Co. are creating an identity and I don't think they are going to make a lot of trades. Brodziak is the model of the culture that Yeo wants...Johnson plays the same way...

The forward situation is gonna be crazy...

Old
11-24-2011, 04:46 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild48 View Post

Backstrom & Harding are my goalies. Wild would be stupid to let Harding go (if he remains productive). 1 more year of split duty, then if all goes well Backstrom is allowed to leave and the Wild bring up Hackett from the AHL.
IMO Hardings play has made it almost impossible for the Wild to justify signing him. He's staying healthy and too good to be affordable enough to justify that much money in goaltending. If we fail in our bid on a big-contract guy (Parise, Suter, Weber) then we'll have a little extra cash to float both Backs and Hards but considering we'll have to optimistically reserve a couple million of Cap for Granlund and more for whichever other high end rookies might make the team + Hardings market value it's going to eat into our wiggle room quite a bit.

I'd say we could trade Harding pretty easily at the deadline even if we're in playoff contention...As he's redundant, cheap, and pending FA it would make sense to get something for him while not impacting the team as much as letting go of a guy like Brodziak.

How much money do you think Harding will be able to get as a UFA and how many years of security do you think he'll demand? He's not going to just automatically sign a cheap contract because he's grown up in the system and be fine with playing mostly back up or split time. I think he could do better than what the Wild would be willing to invest in contract amount and length.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:59 PM
Wild48
Ski U Mah

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
IMO Hardings play has made it almost impossible for the Wild to justify signing him. He's staying healthy and too good to be affordable enough to justify that much money in goaltending. If we fail in our bid on a big-contract guy (Parise, Suter, Weber) then we'll have a little extra cash to float both Backs and Hards but considering we'll have to optimistically reserve a couple million of Cap for Granlund and more for whichever other high end rookies might make the team + Hardings market value it's going to eat into our wiggle room quite a bit.

I'd say we could trade Harding pretty easily at the deadline even if we're in playoff contention...As he's redundant, cheap, and pending FA it would make sense to get something for him while not impacting the team as much as letting go of a guy like Brodziak.

How much money do you think Harding will be able to get as a UFA and how many years of security do you think he'll demand? He's not going to just automatically sign a cheap contract because he's grown up in the system and be fine with playing mostly back up or split time. I think he could do better than what the Wild would be willing to invest in contract amount and length.
I'd give Harding a multi-year deal if he finishes as strongly as he's started. The Wild have an opportunity to keep a goalie of the future, I'd rather they lock him up at market value, even at the expense of making a spash in free agency on a guy like Parise.

Old
11-24-2011, 05:14 PM
Jbcraig1883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild48 View Post
I'd give Harding a multi-year deal if he finishes as strongly as he's started. The Wild have an opportunity to keep a goalie of the future, I'd rather they lock him up at market value, even at the expense of making a spash in free agency on a guy like Parise.
So do you Keep Hackett in the AHL another season and then let Harding take over or platoon with Hackett in 13-14?

We have Kuemper in the ECHL and eventually will want him to start in the AHL...

Old
11-24-2011, 05:29 PM
Wild48
Ski U Mah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbcraig1883 View Post
So do you Keep Hackett in the AHL another season and then let Harding take over or platoon with Hackett in 13-14?

We have Kuemper in the ECHL and eventually will want him to start in the AHL...
If you must, you find a way to move either Kuemper or Hackett.

If Harding and Backs continue to play this well, the Wild are cup contenders next season and you sacrifice the development of prospects for the chance to win now.

Old
11-24-2011, 05:57 PM
Dr Jan Itor

I said in another thread that we should offer him 4 years x $10m. He and Backstrom tandem next year; it also gives Hackett another full year as Houston's starter. After next year, Backstrom goes, and Hackett becomes Harding's backup for the next 3ish years. Over those years, our goaltending cap hit would be $3.5-$4 million.

That would be my plan, anyway.

Old
11-24-2011, 09:02 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I'm guessing Granlund comes over to play wing and one of Bouchard or Latendresse get traded. I personally think our bottom six is perfect in terms of their role and attitude.

Jarick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 12:40 AM
North Metro Peewees

Here's my take; I think the thing about Parise is pretty cut and dry. If he wants to come home and play for the Wild they will sign. I'm not saying that's the case but you have to believe Lou wants to put this to bed and I doubt there is haggling over money and length of contract.

I heard there is a rumor {albeit unsubstantiated} that he's intrigued with a return home. If the Wild could sign him....Wow! That would turn the Wild into an elite team immediately. If he were to sign here this is how I see the lines:

Heatley/Koivu/Granlund
Seto/Cullen/Parise
Clutterbuck/Brodziak/Lats
Powe/Bulmer/Gillies/Johnson

Schultz/Prosser
Scandella/Spurgeon
Falk/Lundin/Stoner

Harding/Backstrom

Notice no Bouchard or Zidlicky.....I say Coyle and Larsson make the team for sure in 2013-14 taking Cullen and maybe Heatley's spots along with Brodin. IF they don't sign Parise then either Coyle or Larsson make next years club.

One final thing; the Wild have crazy depth at most positions which is one reason the HF organizational rankings having the Wild 17th this fall are an absolute joke. They never mention guys like Wellman, Larsson, Cuma, Bulmer and question how deep the Wild prospect pool is. I believe the comment on their was beyond the top guys like Granlund, Brodin, Coyle and Zucker there isn't much? WTF....how about the guys I mentioned plus guys like the stud goalies, Lucia, Haula and on and on!

Last edited by North Metro Peewees: 11-25-2011 at 12:49 AM.
North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 12:53 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I'm guessing Granlund comes over to play wing and one of Bouchard or Latendresse get traded. I personally think our bottom six is perfect in terms of their role and attitude.
Traded?

More like Latendresse won't re-sign..

Bouchard is here to stay.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 02:24 AM
Jagged Ice

I've pretty much given up on Cuma.

Jagged Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 08:45 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Granlund | Koivu | Heatley
Latendresse | Cullen | Setoguchi
Bouchard | Larsson | Clutterbuck
Bulmer | Powe | Johnson
McIntyre
Just realized I don't have Gillies in there...

With or without Brodziak (or free agents), next year's forward line-up is hard to peg. Especially when you consider there's going to be more than just Granlund pushing for spots.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 09:12 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
and when you consider our surprising (to everyone, no matter if Fletcher or Yeo admit it) success it's going to be that much harder to make decisions on swapping vets with rookies. Fletcher's attitude will go from "tinkering" with the roster to "tweaking". if we make the playoffs and look decent while there do you really want to supplant known quantity players with untried guys?

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 10:51 AM
Zamuz

Seto - Koivu - Heat
Parise - Cullen - Granlund
Bouchard - Brodziak - Clutter
Gillies - Powe - Johnson

Zamuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Surly Furious

vCash: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Traded?

More like Latendresse won't re-sign..

Bouchard is here to stay.
Well, Lats is only an RFA, so it's not like he's free to pick his team.

Maybe you meant "get re-signed," which is a possibility, but the Wild are usually pretty classy with guys who are hurt(Foster, Harding), unless it involves ATVs.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 12:32 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
Well, Lats is only an RFA, so it's not like he's free to pick his team.

Maybe you meant "get re-signed," which is a possibility, but the Wild are usually pretty classy with guys who are hurt(Foster, Harding), unless it involves ATVs.
They even gave Shep a one-year deal after the accident; they just traded him afterward.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 12:37 PM
tyratoku

Personally I think the Wild brass will try to deal Harding soon. He's a great guy and great player, but his injury history is a bit unsettling. Everyone likes to think that Backs is going to just disappear next season or the one after, but I think that Harding will be traded(at this draft or the next + our first rounder to move up a few spots to nab a #1 caliber D), and Hackett will play as Backs' backup whenever Harding is moved. Hards' value is sky high right now, but the Wild need to keep him for the foreseeable future. However, as inflated as the goalie market is right now, he can still be dealt for a good return. I say send him to Tampa or Toronto. Burke has already shown he will pay for young players, Harding might be Kessel-lite in trade return, you never know.

Backs has been consistent his whole career. Maybe not up to par with his salary, but come on. Let him play our his career here and retire Wild in 3-4 seasons, and then whoever is dominating as a goalie can come up and be Hackett's backup.

Just my thoughts.

tyratoku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 12:45 PM
EkiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
To Carolina:

Cal Clutterbuck
Greg Zanon
Marek Zidlicky

To Wild:

Joni Pitkänen
Tuomo Ruutu

Then we could move either Cullen or Brodziak for another defender/picks. I'm thinking a solid stay-at-home D-man, a mobile Greg Zanon. That being said, we could also use a pick. Is 2nd round pick + depth center too much to ask for Brodziak?
I see what you did there

EkiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 02:56 PM
Dr Jan Itor

My plan as of today...

Assumptions
We don't win the division, but make the playoffs
We don't sign any high profile FAs (Parise, Suter, etc...)
Granlund makes the team as a center
Re-sign Brodziak 3 years x $2.5 per
Re-sign Harding 4 years x $2.5 per
Re-sign Latendresse 1 year x $2.5
Re-sign Falk, Stoner and Lundin
Let Zanon walk as UFA (or trade him this year)
Trade Zidlicky

Lines
Heatley ($7.5) - Koivu ($6.75) - Setoguchi ($3)
Latendresse ($2.5) - Granlund ($3) - Bouchard ($4.08)
3rd Line Forward ($?) - Cullen ($3.5) - Clutterbuck ($1.4)
Powe ($1.067) - Brodziak ($2.5) - Gillies ($.625)
Kassian ($.6)

Schultz ($3.5) - Scandella ($.846)
Brodin ($3) - Lundin ($1)
Spurgeon ($.527) - Falk ($.75)
Stoner ($.75)

Backstrom ($6)
Harding ($2.5)

The 3rd line forward spot would be taken by one of Johnson, Larsson, Bulmer or Phillips.

Cap space = $6.5 - $7 (assuming no salary cap movement)

Old
11-25-2011, 04:05 PM
Jbcraig1883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
My plan as of today...

Assumptions
We don't win the division, but make the playoffs
We don't sign any high profile FAs (Parise, Suter, etc...)
Granlund makes the team as a center
Re-sign Brodziak 3 years x $2.5 per
Re-sign Harding 4 years x $2.5 per
Re-sign Latendresse 1 year x $2.5
Re-sign Falk, Stoner and Lundin
Let Zanon walk as UFA (or trade him this year)
Trade Zidlicky

Lines
Heatley ($7.5) - Koivu ($6.75) - Setoguchi ($3)
Latendresse ($2.5) - Granlund ($3) - Bouchard ($4.08)
3rd Line Forward ($?) - Cullen ($3.5) - Clutterbuck ($1.4)
Powe ($1.067) - Brodziak ($2.5) - Gillies ($.625)
Kassian ($.6)

Schultz ($3.5) - Scandella ($.846)
Brodin ($3) - Lundin ($1)
Spurgeon ($.527) - Falk ($.75)
Stoner ($.75)

Backstrom ($6)
Harding ($2.5)

The 3rd line forward spot would be taken by one of Johnson, Larsson, Bulmer or Phillips.

Cap space = $6.5 - $7 (assuming no salary cap movement)
This is fairly realistic/conservative. I like it. However, I am against Butch and Granlund being on the same line. I would swap Butch and Seto. Just my opinion, though.

Old
11-29-2011, 01:27 PM
SphinX
YouWantSome?

What does people think about us trying to aquire Okposo for next season?

And what would you reckon he is worth?

SphinX is offline   Reply With Quote