Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Possible 2012-13 Lines

Old
12-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
Let's hold off on the Parise talk until January at least. New Jersey and Parise aren't even allowed to start negotiating about a new contract until January 1st so. . . . .

Billy Mays Here is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 09:19 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Parise has been in Minnesota all along. One of my better friends train with him and his brother over the off seasons. Not sure him living here is any bigger deal now that it was previously after just upgrading to a better pad.
Didn't he train at Kirk Olson's place? The vids I've seen of that are insane...I kinda want to win the lottery and go there and let them just completely beat the crap out of me

Jarick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Let's hold off on the Parise talk until January at least. New Jersey and Parise aren't even allowed to start negotiating about a new contract until January 1st so. . . . .
Honestly if I were Joisey I'd trade him for any team that offers 2 1st rounders. They aren't a very good team, have Kovalchuk under a terrible contract, and are fairly old. Parise is only going to decline, and he's going to want a longer term deal. Their window is long gone and they're a few years away from getting back into it.

Honestly the Koivu deal is only going to be decent if the Wild can win in the next 2-3 years. He's just passing his prime offensively and Parise will be as well. Not saying they won't be good players still. But the Wild will be very young in 2-3 years and they can be HIGH end veterans to complement the youth, which could be scary if they get a high end defenseman.

Jarick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 12:08 AM
mkoivu9*

vCash: 2710
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2600 View Post
http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/133300753.html

There's no cut-off for 'guys drafted this high get this amount', I'm almost certain.
RNH and Hall make a lot more than Eberle... Not sure what the deal is maybe lottery picks get that deal? http://capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=1

mkoivu9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 12:23 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Let's hold off on the whole 2012-2013 lines talk until we at least get to 2012 first?

A lot can happen yet this season that can have great affect on the next offseason which will have even a greater affect on the lines for 2012-2013.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 12:25 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Honestly if I were Joisey I'd trade him for any team that offers 2 1st rounders. They aren't a very good team, have Kovalchuk under a terrible contract, and are fairly old. Parise is only going to decline, and he's going to want a longer term deal. Their window is long gone and they're a few years away from getting back into it.

Honestly the Koivu deal is only going to be decent if the Wild can win in the next 2-3 years. He's just passing his prime offensively and Parise will be as well. Not saying they won't be good players still. But the Wild will be very young in 2-3 years and they can be HIGH end veterans to complement the youth, which could be scary if they get a high end defenseman.
I didn't even realize Parise was playing center until last game. Does this mean he'd go back to left wing if he signed with the Wild?

Old
12-04-2011, 12:27 AM
mkoivu9*

vCash: 2710
Quote:
I didn't even realize Parise was playing center until last game. Does this mean he'd go back to left wing if he signed with the Wild?
Without a doubt he'd be on the left wing.

mkoivu9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 12:34 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

I'd love the Wild forward lines to look something like this if fantasies came true:

Parise - Koivu - Backes
Bouchard - Granlund - Setoguchi
Latandresse - Brodziak - Clutterbuck
Gillies - Powe - Johnson

Plenty of depth with any of the guys on the 3rd line being able to step up to the 2nd line when needed. Add in an improved defense and our current goaltending tandem and that screams playoff contender.

Old
12-04-2011, 12:37 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

What do you guys think is gonna happen with Zids though? I assume we'll see Zanon gone and I'm not sure about Lundin but what fate lies ahead of Zidlicky?

Do you think Fletch will look to trade him or are we gonna be stuck with him and that awful contract until the end of next season?

As much as I'd like to see him get traded, I just don't see it happening.

Old
12-04-2011, 01:46 AM
Wild48
Our Savior

Quote:
What do you guys think is gonna happen with Zids though? I assume we'll see Zanon gone and I'm not sure about Lundin but what fate lies ahead of Zidlicky?

Do you think Fletch will look to trade him or are we gonna be stuck with him and that awful contract until the end of next season?

As much as I'd like to see him get traded, I just don't see it happening.
Zids needs to get healthy and produce to have a chance of trading him. I think we'll be stuck with him, best case scenario moving him around the deadline for a mediocre draft pick.

Wild48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 09:36 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Debating putting up a 'Minnesota Wild forward prospect (not named FBJ) for similar valued defensemen prospect or movable NHL defenseman' type of thread in the trade forum but am not really looking forward to the Yannick Weber/Franson offerings so that's why I probably won't...

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 12:06 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Debating putting up a 'Minnesota Wild forward prospect (not named FBJ) for similar valued defensemen prospect or movable NHL defenseman' type of thread in the trade forum but am not really looking forward to the Yannick Weber/Franson offerings so that's why I probably won't...
yeah, it's hard to get realistic offers when dealing with prospects, but i've said since the draft that we now have too many to properly place (outside of just getting rid of most of our vets which will never happen) in optimal time. Who is really heavy with D prospects? I think we wouldn't be looking at getting a guy with first pair potential for anyone but Granlund, but we could maybe snag a Scandella type for anyone else.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 12:45 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

First thought is that Nashville has a bit of a glut of defensemen prospects. But whether they were to move them or not would probably depend on if they re-sign one/both of Suter and Weber.

Old
12-04-2011, 01:45 PM
nickschultzfan

Parise-Granlund-Heatley
Setoguchi-Koivu-Bouchard/Cullen
Lats/Clutter-Brodziak-Johnson
Gillies-Powe-Kassian

Schultz-Suter
Scadella-Falk
Stoner-Spurgeon
Prosser

Dream line-up.

nickschultzfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Parise-Granlund-Heatley
Gillies-Powe-Kassian

Schultz-Suter
Scadella-Falk
Stoner-Spurgeon
Prosser

Dream line-up.
I think we could do a little bet job on defense. I'd throw in Lundin instead of Falk and have Falk as the 7th d-man. Even then that defense isn't good enough to be a cup contender (yet).

Old
12-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Quote:
Parise-Granlund-Heatley
Gillies-Powe-Kassian

Schultz-Suter
Scadella-Falk
Stoner-Spurgeon
Prosser

Dream line-up.
Needs more Larsson.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Generic User
Lafferty, Daniel

Quote:
Parise-Granlund-Heatley
Gillies-Powe-Kassian

Schultz-Suter
Scadella-Falk
Stoner-Spurgeon
Prosser

Dream line-up.
I wouldn't hold my breath.

Generic User is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 09:45 PM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
I think we could do a little bet job on defense. I'd throw in Lundin instead of Falk and have Falk as the 7th d-man. Even then that defense isn't good enough to be a cup contender (yet).
Agreed. I like Lundin's game. He's a solid #4/5 Dman.

nickschultzfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 04:04 PM
youvegotit

asumming we don't get parise:

lats koivu heater
butch cullen granlund
clutter brod johnson
powe almond bulmer
someone

scandella brodin
lundin zids (because of nmc)
spergy schultz
stoner

harding
hackett

- leaving backstrom, seto and gillies to be traded
- wellman, falk and prosser also traded if we can if they won't play in houston since they'll be rfa's
- not resigning zanon

if we were to get parise then:

butch parise granlund
lats koivu heater (slow i know)
clutter brod johnson
powe almond bulmer
someone

youvegotit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 01:59 AM
grN1g

This off-season, is gonna be one of the hardest GMCF has had to deal with so far. Alot of players who deserve another contract with us might be out the door to let some kids in our lineup. players like latendresse, stoner, zanon, johnson, and even backstrom or harding or clutterbuck are starting to become expendable.

no doubt, players like Granlund, larsson, bulmer, Brodin, Phillips, zucker coyle, almond, wellman, falk, and hackett are all gonna be verying for spots in the very near futue, its just a matter of when to let go of some and make room for others.

ill just kinda list some players i think will be staying/leaving strickly based on my own opinion.

Harding, Hate to say it since hes just starting to emerge as a top goalie, but i believe unless hes stricly committed to the wild and willing to stay and wait it out for backstrom's contract (which i would not be surprised, hes a class act and very loyal to us so far) i think he's gone to test the market. no doubt hes earned it and ill follow his career wherever he ends up.

Latendresse, again hate to say its so, but with bouchard, heatley, seto and granlund, along with our centers mikko and cullen, there just is not room for him to continue to miss games. he's the easiest to let go and make room for younger and brighter futures.

Brodziak, i think he will be re-signed. he came to this team when it had no character no winning mentality, and now hes a big part of what we are doing. he wants to stay here, and the franchise wants him.

Johnson, tough call. hes more than earned himself a contract, a big GMCF player, but do we have room for a guy who can more than likely be replaced? for now i believe he stays for another year.

Stoner, another tough call. i dont think hes a big Yeo system player, but he makes us tougher to play against and is about the only one who can fight. IF brodin is a for sure next year, one of lundin or stoner have to go, and imo its gonna be stoner, leaving falk as our 7th. but hey i could be wrong.

Zanon, i think its obvious. hes had a great couple years with us, but kids are pushing him out the lineup. wish him the best cause i know he wont be here next year.

gillies, kinda surprising to bring this up, but hes not been very good after the first couple weeks, hes slowly loosing his spot for callups and healthy scratches havent been doing to much good for him. possibly gets moved to make room?

Clutterbuck, man would i hate to lose him. His value is at its highest, and i think if management really believe in Bulmer, he does become expendable and you get good returns for him. in the end im more than positive hes here for the long run, but its something to think about.

Lundin, with brodin being close to the same type of player now, is he actually be the one to let go? imo i think he stays for being a player that yeo wants in his system, but i could see him going instead of stoner.

again these are just my own opinions on these players who either are here or not next year. I believe we are gonna be building within, and signing a BIG FA player is probably not going to happen for us. (knocks on wood tho) cause i would love parise, suter, or weber. Heck even Liles or someone in that nature could be a big win for us, but like i said youngsters are bascially breaking down doors to get in this line up and eventually you gotta make the right moves, which i have complete faith in GMCF making.

Last edited by grN1g: 12-12-2011 at 02:14 AM.
grN1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 02:42 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

If Fletcher is anywhere near the GM we think he is, he'll re-sign Brodziak or else. . .

I don't see any reason to give up on Seto already.

The problem isn't deciding whether or not to keep Lats, but rather finding room for him should he be re-signed.

Harding needs to be re-signed before free agency happens where he has a chance to test the market, same for Brodziak.

On defense, Zanon has improved lately but I still see him being let go or traded.

Also of defense, I'd like to see both Stoner and Lundin re-signed.

Not sure what they'll do with Staubitz. I'm guessing he'll get re-signed. I don't like the fact that he takes stupid penalties sometimes but I think his role on this team is more than just getting into fights.

Signing Parise isn't as big a deal to me now than it was coming into this season, but I'd still like to see Fletcher either sign or trade for a top pairing d-man this coming off-season.

Just my .02 cents.

Old
12-12-2011, 07:42 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

I still believe Powe was specifically brought in to fill the Brodziak role as the team planned on moving on after the year. Granted, this was all before Brodz had the year he's having but in my view they have to be pretty wary about this situation. He's setting himself up for a nice pay day with his play to this point in a contract year. I think that would make any GM gun shy about the whole situation. Especially when it's a virtual certainty he's not likely to ever progress further than he is now. Can't have too much commitment sunk into the bottom 6 in a cap era (have to keep in mind any Clutterbuck extension looming as well). Both players play vital roles and are the type of guys a team wins at a high level with but you also run the risk of something going amiss along the way.

As for Harding, I don't believe he's a priority. Let the year play itself out and see where he is. Warranted or not, the amount of injuries he finds himself into is a bit alarming.

Stoner and Zanon are the worst defenders the team trots out there. Both are willing to pay the price but neither can move the puck a lick and it's a huge issue. I'd have to assume they let both walk.

Old
12-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
I still believe Powe was specifically brought in to fill the Brodziak role as the team planned on moving on after the year. Granted, this was all before Brodz had the year he's having but in my view they have to be pretty wary about this situation. He's setting himself up for a nice pay day with his play to this point in a contract year. I think that would make any GM gun shy about the whole situation. Especially when it's a virtual certainty he's not likely to ever progress further than he is now. Can't have too much commitment sunk into the bottom 6 in a cap era (have to keep in mind any Clutterbuck extension looming as well). Both players play vital roles and are the type of guys a team wins at a high level with but you also run the risk of something going amiss along the way.

As for Harding, I don't believe he's a priority. Let the year play itself out and see where he is. Warranted or not, the amount of injuries he finds himself into is a bit alarming.

Stoner and Zanon are the worst defenders the team trots out there. Both are willing to pay the price but neither can move the puck a lick and it's a huge issue. I'd have to assume they let both walk.
I'd hate to see them let Stoner walk. He's one of the few physical d-men we have and he always has a good +/- rating.

Old
12-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Rabiddog

Quote:
I'd hate to see them let Stoner walk. He's one of the few physical d-men we have and he always has a good +/- rating.
Stoner will be resigned. I see Bouchard being traded and inserted Granlund. If possible i see backstrom being traded in the off season. We will know if cf signs Harding this season. Also Parise and Suter are good friends, it would be nice see those good friends end up on this team.

Rabiddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

vCash: 1527
Quote:
Here's some quick defense prospects by organization numbers (all numbers taken from Hockey's Future Rankings):

(#9) Anaheim: 10 (6 in organization's top 20)
(#16) Boston: 14 (8 in organization's top 20)
(#14) Buffalo: 14 (10 in organization's top 20)
(#26) Calgary: 7 (5 in organization's top 20)
(#12) Carolina: 15 (9 in organization's top 20)
(#10) Chicago: 18 (5 in organization's top 20)
(#19) Colorado: 10 (7 in organization's top 20)
(#11) Columbus: 15 (6 in organization's top 20)
(#22) Dallas: 11 (8 in organization's top 20)
(#15) Detroit: 15 (5 in organization's top 20)
(#4) Edmonton: 14 (9 in organization's top 20)
(#1) Florida: 12 (4 in organization's top 20)
(#5) Los Angeles: 9 (5 in organization's top 20)
(#17)Minnesota: 13 (5 in organization's top 20)
(#24) Montreal: 14 (6 in organization's top 20)
(#7) Nashville: 9 (6 in organization's top 20)
(#17) New Jersey: 17 (9 in organization's top 20)
(#3) NYI: 7 (5 in organization's top 20)
(#13) NYR: 12 (4 in organization's top 20)
(#2) Ottawa: 14 (4 in organization's top 20)
(#23) Philadelphia: 10 (7 in organization's top 20)
(#20) Phoenix: 10 (7 in organization's top 20)
(#21) Pittsburgh: 12 (8 in organization's top 20)
(#30) San Jose: 11 (6 in organization's top 20)
(#6) St. Louis: 11 (7 in organization's top 20)
(#25) Tampa Bay: 10 (4 in organization's top 20)
(#8) Toronto: 13 (7 in top organization's 20)
(#29) Vancouver: 11 (8 in organization's top 20)
(#27) Washington: 10 (7 in organization's top 20)
(#28) Winnipeg: 12 (6 in organization's top 20)

Boston, Buffalo, Carolina, Dallas, New Jersey and Pittsburgh have plenty of D-prospects to spare, with quite a few in each organization's top 20 rankings.

Again, it's tough to judge prospects. Hopefully this gives you somewhere to start looking; I love seeing the Wild involved in the Trade forum.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote