HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Evgeny Kuznetsov

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2012, 10:22 PM
IafrateOvie34

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
For real. The only reason he was available in the first place at 26 was because of exactly what just happened.

In its essence, if I may class up this joint, I'm reminded of Macbeth.

Now let's get down to brass tacks and re-sign Semin to make up for this setback
This.

Old
03-14-2012, 10:22 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

It's ok to worship Dale Hunter the player and despise Dale Hunter the coach. It really is.

Old
03-14-2012, 10:27 PM
artilector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
That really sucks but I understand his position. He couldn't even buy a beer if he were to come here.

I am bummed to hear he is blaming Dale though. George needs to start taking the blame on things like this happening. I think he assumed the Russians would want to come over to be with Ovi even for less money, Ovi making his job easier. Ovi's game tumbled back to earth before Dale got here. And George hired Dale. And I still contend George has a say in our systems since Dale was not a trapper.
Well, to be fair, that part is all Russian magazine speculation. I would think the biggest reason(s) for his decision were money, family, Sochi, and apparently..Putin. Would he chose differently if the Caps were still kicking [regular season] a$$ under BB? Well, it's possible I guess, but doubt it.

Old
03-14-2012, 10:52 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Would you say no to this man?

Old
03-15-2012, 12:28 AM
Halpysback

Good decision. No reason for him to come over as things are.

Old
03-15-2012, 12:35 AM
EvoLu7ioN

Had he come over (he still might) like the best Russian players in the world - Datsyuk, malkin, Ovi, Kovalchuk, Now Radulov - he had the skill to really become
a great player. Too bad his competitive drive to play against the best doesn't match up.

This is a win come 2014 for Canada in the Olympics. Hell play against Dmen who aren't even close to NHL caliber for the next few years in that bush league, and then have to face the best in the world come Olympics.

Good luck on being the big fish in a small pond Kuzya, really wish you had the heart of a champion and true competitor like your countrymen over here.

Old
03-15-2012, 01:47 AM
NeilYoung

I don't know who the hell is afraid of a coach? I just don't understand that part seriously. I don't know whatever

Incoming 7 million dollar Semin payday anyways

Old
03-15-2012, 01:55 AM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilYoung View Post
I don't know who the hell is afraid of a coach? I just don't understand that part seriously. I don't know whatever

Incoming 7 million dollar Semin payday anyways
Where the hell does it say he is scared? The kid doesn't like Dales' system. The kid is a phenomenal offensive talent, and he has concerns about playing with a coach that is heavy on the defense. What is so hard to comprehend about that?

Old
03-15-2012, 01:56 AM
Zine

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilYoung View Post
I'm fine with it. I guess you can't blame him for taking a money truck. But being afraid of a coach?

The wife comment was to far but whatever. His lack of confidence in himself being able to play in the best league in the world is pretty concerning

Don't look too much into that, or attribute non-facts to Kuznetsov.
The 'afraid of the coach' thing was Sport-Express guessing some reasons why Kuznetsov is staying in Russia. Its nothing but mere speculation.

Old
03-15-2012, 02:06 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

I love how people are jumping overboard on him already. This is hilarious. Let's see what his next contract looks like, wherever it is.

Old
03-15-2012, 02:36 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
Had he come over (he still might) like the best Russian players in the world - Datsyuk, malkin, Ovi, Kovalchuk, Now Radulov - he had the skill to really become
a great player. Too bad his competitive drive to play against the best doesn't match up.
Datsyuk came over when he was 23. Did that turn him into an average player? Or did it destroy his career?

The kid still can't get a desirable contract from Traktor, so there's still a chance. Wait until summer.

Old
03-15-2012, 02:39 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
If moneys a problem, then it really is telling of him. His agent had to tell him he could easily get him 3.7 million but he would have to perform to get 2.8 of it.

I told you guys, the ****ing wife was going to ruin it.

PS Everyone missed a good joke, could of said his wife was only 19, she has time to develop. I'm disappointed in you guys.

Old
03-15-2012, 03:20 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

A 19 year old woman is just about to enter her prime. Not much time left to develop.

Old
03-15-2012, 04:00 AM
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Well, the writer who wrote that note in Sport-Express, Igor Larin, has literally zero credibility about all "KHL and NHL" topics. An obsessed KHL homer. He announced once that Kovalchuk was going to sign with SKA, and he signed his Devils contract 2 days later.
And "Icing show" is run by him. Not that I think he lied, but I would take this info with a grain of salt.

However, it's quite possible that Kuzya will stay in the K, especially if he doesn't win the Gagarin Cup this year. Also, I don't think he has already developed fully (still a selfish player with inconsistent effort) so this may not hurt. And yeah, it's only a year

But it's still all words, and we remember that Kuznetsov loves to talk...

Old
03-15-2012, 04:57 AM
HTFN

I still feel like this is just more posturing. If he's getting heat from Putin it's clearly a near daily thing for him, and putting off the decision is just going to make things tough at home. I think this is the kind of soft commit you give to relieve some pressure. I don't know that I'll believe it until the contract is signed and he's playing in the fall.

Old
03-15-2012, 05:11 AM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
2. "As most russian business owners make their deals dollars-nominated (import/export, credits - mostly dollars) - they are thinking and calculating in dollars."

This one is fairly old too. Nobody calculates in dollars anymore in Russia.
What's your business, chuvak? Do you sell steel world-wide in rubles? As Magnitogorsk do (hell no, they do it in dollars).

Believe me, most credits are nominated in dollars and import/export also. Big corporations should estimate in dollars or they will be down.

We live in an age of global economy. It is guided from USA-based institutions. Their strategical task is to keep dollar as the main currency and to keep dollar-nominated deals at the most possible %. If it won't be kept USA will be bankrupt very soon.

While strategical task of russian government is to trade our resources for rubles, it is very far from done yet. That's why we still nominate big deals with dollars.

USA/dollar is still the leader. For now.

Old
03-15-2012, 05:33 AM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

1) If it's Putin-influenced... well, we will lose Sochi. That's counter-productive and seems to be stupid. Putin isn't dumb. I don't believe it (Putin telling Kuznetsov to stay). Something is lost in translation. Maybe ppl around Kuznetsov are telling him such BS. That's possible.

2) Sport-Express's hockey analytics are... subpar, I would say. They like to speculate. And Malamud is essentially = same source. And also Sport-Express is guided by KHL, that's my strong opinion. It's corrupt! ))

I will wait till something is signed by EK.

PS: He isn't physically ready anyway. I guess Orlov was much better prepared in that department from the start. But the whole situation is concerning. Kuznetsov is talking too much for my liking. That's a bit of a trouble but if he still can be effective for his club - maybe it's not that bad in the end.

Old
03-15-2012, 06:11 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
With fans like ours why wouldn't he want to come here?
this

Old
03-15-2012, 06:29 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
What's your business, chuvak? Do you sell steel world-wide in rubles? As Magnitogorsk do (hell no, they do it in dollars).

Believe me, most credits are nominated in dollars and import/export also. Big corporations should estimate in dollars or they will be down.

We live in an age of global economy. It is guided from USA-based institutions. Their strategical task is to keep dollar as the main currency and to keep dollar-nominated deals at the most possible %. If it won't be kept USA will be bankrupt very soon.

While strategical task of russian government is to trade our resources for rubles, it is very far from done yet. That's why we still nominate big deals with dollars.

USA/dollar is still the leader. For now.
You really have no idea. Yeah, it had to be Magnitogorsk. No offence, but some ppl still live in the past. Who is talking about international contracts? The point here was about readers of the article in a sports paper and the journalist. The USD is becoming a more and more unreliable currency. A lot of big buisnesses stopped counting in dollars. Mostly the ones where it matters most.

Old
03-15-2012, 06:36 AM
fsnoles98

He dropped in the draft for several reasons, him possibly staying home being one of them. The Washington Capitals took a chance and is currently losing. Blame Hunter, his system or who ever you want, but the fact is every NHL teams knew this was a possibility entering the Draft. Who made the pick and who the chance, the Washington Capitals management!!!!!!

Have they done anything to help this team in the last 1 1/2yr, besides increase ticket prices?

Old
03-15-2012, 06:41 AM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
No offence, but some ppl still live in the past. Who is talking about international contracts? The point here was about readers of the article in a sports paper and the journalist. The USD is becoming a more and more unreliable currency. A lot of big buisnesses stopped counting in dollars. Mostly the ones where it matters most.
Who cares about the readers?

What I'm telling you is owners are sending info to the media via "sources". And that info about contracts is in dollars because owners are estimating in dollars. That's my point of view.

Why owners of big businesses are estimating in dollars while you are not (and you are so modern while I'm living in the past)? Because owners are bound to buy/sell in dollars in big volumes.

Why? Because there is no big trade market in rubles. Is it hard to understand?

Every big company have to deal with dollars. Example: you need to get oil from the ground. You are going to the bank to get the credit for needed inventory. Which bank is going to give you money for less %? Yes, not russian, not in rubles. Should you estimate in dollars to get the credit back? If you are living in the past, you have to. Modern guy can absolutely ignore that.

Ppl are being murdered all over the world for such status quo.

Last edited by Raikkonen: 03-15-2012 at 07:00 AM.
Old
03-15-2012, 06:43 AM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsnoles98 View Post
He dropped in the draft for several reasons, him possibly staying home being one of them. The Washington Capitals took a chance and is currently losing. Blame Hunter, his system or who ever you want, but the fact is every NHL teams knew this was a possibility entering the Draft. Who made the pick and who the chance, the Washington Capitals management!!!!!!

Have they done anything to help this team in the last 1 1/2yr, besides increase ticket prices?
Kuznetsov is often compared with Malkin. Do you remember him leaving KHL for NHL? How old was he when he came to NA? How exactly was he leaving?

Stay calm! =) Keep "Fire McPhee" sign at home until we are almost eliminated from PO contention! =)

Old
03-15-2012, 06:53 AM
fsnoles98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
Kuznetsov is often compared with Malkin. Do you remember him leaving KHL for NHL? How old was he when he came to NA? How exactly was he leaving?

Stay calm! =) Keep "Fire McPhee" sign at home until we are almost eliminated from PO contention! =)
just saying "who gambled" and is losing at this point?? No ones fault but our own.

Old
03-15-2012, 06:59 AM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsnoles98 View Post
just saying "who gambled" and is losing at this point?? No ones fault but our own.
who do you now McPhee is losing now? thats very subjective

Old
03-15-2012, 07:05 AM
Atlas

All will be well.

Closed Thread