HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Evgeny Kuznetsov

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2012, 07:05 AM
Atas2000

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
1) If it's Putin-influenced... well, we will lose Sochi. That's counter-productive and seems to be stupid. Putin isn't dumb. I don't believe it (Putin telling Kuznetsov to stay). Something is lost in translation. Maybe ppl around Kuznetsov are telling him such BS. That's possible.

2) Sport-Express's hockey analytics are... subpar, I would say. They like to speculate. And Malamud is essentially = same source. And also Sport-Express is guided by KHL, that's my strong opinion. It's corrupt! ))

I will wait till something is signed by EK.

PS: He isn't physically ready anyway. I guess Orlov was much better prepared in that department from the start. But the whole situation is concerning. Kuznetsov is talking too much for my liking. That's a bit of a trouble but if he still can be effective for his club - maybe it's not that bad in the end.

Only a moron really believes Putin would interfere and force A HOCKEY PLAYER to stay. This blame-it-on-Putin attitude is childish. So I agree.

2.Speculations is what sports press lives of. The "corruption" thing is really ridic though. Some journalists may be biased this way or the other but there is no such thing as KHL influenced press.

Kuz does talk alot but that who he is. You can't change a man overnight. This is why Tarasenko was captain on the junior NT.

And let's stop talking about "physically ready", because he is. This is a NA thnig to believe european player would be "weak". Go ask some guys hit by Emelin if he didn't learn to be physical in the KHL.

Old
03-15-2012, 07:06 AM
fsnoles98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
who do you now McPhee is losing now? thats very subjective
?? don't understand your question?

Old
03-15-2012, 08:01 AM
Ovechkins Wodka

this is pretty bad news... but what is Kuzn suppose to say, his team in in the middle of the playoff run. Ill wait untill he signs a contract to press the panic button. I still think there is a chance we see him over here. Let Ovechkin do som recuriting and lets see how the caps do in the playoffs. Alot can change in the next couple months

Old
03-15-2012, 08:20 AM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsnoles98 View Post
?? don't understand your question?
Sorry big fail on my part, supposed to be:

HOW do you know McPhee is losing now?

Old
03-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
2.Speculations is what sports press lives of. The "corruption" thing is really ridic though. Some journalists may be biased this way or the other but there is no such thing as KHL influenced press.
We should agree to disagree on this topic.

My sources tell me the picture is different. I mean Sport-Express is financially interested in being pro-KHL.

Old
03-15-2012, 08:58 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

So very disappointing to hear the news about Kuz. That's about all I can say because although I'm aware of the KHL I just don't know enough about the whole situation.

Someone mentioned Emelin in this thread I believe. Is it not true that the only reason he came over this time was because the Canadiens included a clause whereby he would never be sent to the AHL affiliate and he could also opt back to the KHL at any time? And if true I certainly don't hold it against him because I believe he demanded it in the best interest of his family.

Having said all that I've always admired anyone making a move and facing new lifestyle, cultural challenges and language barriers especially when changing continents and / or countries. May sound strange but it's a reason why I'm a fan of certain players. To pick up and leave family and friends for a new opportunity is risky and takes guts, at least to me.

Anyway..........good luck Kuz and hope you find your way to North America sometime. Talk to Dima some more. LOL

Old
03-15-2012, 08:59 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Any trade value he had is gone.
In fairness...I've been wanting him traded him for a year and a half now, while his value was the highest.

Old
03-15-2012, 09:16 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Don't care, don't really think it's an issue. If he comes, great. If not, fine.

Who knows in a season or two.

Old
03-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
Don't care, don't really think it's an issue. If he comes, great. If not, fine.

Who knows in a season or two.
i agree completely. as long as the Caps own his rights, i have no issue with him staying in Russia while he improves, and one day if he comes over hopefully he'll be a more ready and complete player.

Old
03-15-2012, 01:34 PM
Bure

vCash: 50
He'll be over eventually. Give him a few years to win a few scoring titles and the Gagarin cup.

Btw, can he sign a 2 year ELC? Or is that only for UFA's?

Old
03-15-2012, 05:21 PM
PuckBuddy
Green for Selke

Vladimir Putin's hair looks so soft and downy, like that of a baby duck. I can't imagine that he would ever hurt anyone.

Old
03-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Liberati0n
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBuddy View Post
Vladimir Putin's hair looks so soft and downy, like that of a baby duck. I can't imagine that he would ever hurt anyone.
George Bush saw into his soul and knows he's a good man.

Old
03-15-2012, 07:08 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
Btw, can he sign a 2 year ELC? Or is that only for UFA's?
Only for UFAs.

Old
03-15-2012, 08:15 PM
Langway
Intangibles

18-21yos sign three-year ELCs, 22/23yos sign for two-years and 24yo first-time signees sign one-year ELCs.

Old
03-15-2012, 08:38 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

This blows...

So much for Ovy pulling in all the Russians. More like running away from DC...

Another McPhee blunder.

Old
03-15-2012, 08:51 PM
Brian23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
This blows...

Another McPhee blunder.
I've never understood this allure with playing with Ovi. You'd always be in his shadow and for guys as competitive as NHLers...you'd think that wouldn't sit well with them.

Besides that, this isn't McPhee's fault. The team was doing great when we picked Kuz and the assumption would be he'd just add to an already stacked team. The potential reward was worth the gamble and to be honest...its not as if he's never coming over. Heck, he could STILL come over next year. It all depends on what plays out over the summer.

Old
03-15-2012, 09:05 PM
NeilYoung

I don't know personally I can't really fault Mcphee here at the time the organization was at a place where they could afford to take the gamble. It's not like he's never coming either.

If I had to choose and if I was aware of what Kuznetsov would become I would have taken the same gamble as well.

Old
03-15-2012, 09:10 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
This blows...

Another McPhee blunder.
I'd love to hear how this is a McPhee blunder. Kuznetzov would have been a top five pick if he was a CHL player. The only reason he was available at 26 is because teams anticipated what just happened. How is this outcome any worse than drafting some of the other busts ranked 26-30 in 2010?

I'm not even a draftnik and I know those guys suck. Who would we have realistically taken if Kuznetzov was off the board?

Last edited by BrooklynCapsFan: 03-15-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old
03-15-2012, 09:13 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

When you make key selections like a foreign player, you have to make sure the guy wants to play here.

The 1st rounders are the lifeblood of the franchise...another critical one blown for now at least.

How do you NOT understand the allure of playing with the greatest (until recently) player in your own country in the best league in the world? There's no shadow. Their play dictates it all.

Hell I was hoping Kuz would come over, kick ass and jumpstart Ovechkin. I'll try anything at this point.

Old
03-15-2012, 09:17 PM
Liberati0n
Full Hammock

Uh, yeah, I fault McPhee somewhat for Kuznetsov's decision, but definitely not for drafting him in the first place. That's ridiculous.

Old
03-15-2012, 09:18 PM
amjay13

Even if Kuz comes over in 3 years, it's still a great pick. He will be a Cap at some point, it just doesn't look like it'll be next year.

Old
03-15-2012, 09:20 PM
PuckBuddy
Green for Selke

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
George Bush saw into his soul and knows he's a good man.
George W. Bush has very high emotional intelligence, like a golden retriever.

Old
03-15-2012, 09:46 PM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

So if Kuznetsov changes his mind and joins the Caps next season, will people praise Mcphee for getting him to come over?

Old
03-15-2012, 11:27 PM
TheFountainhead
Red Nation

I'd honestly relinquish Kuznetsov's rights on the spot just to curb the ******** pro-KHL, anti-American/NHL crap being spouted in this thread by a few of you.

Let's be frank, Kuznetsov coming or staying doesn't remotely affect the balance of power between the two leagues, and even with a diminution in the power and security of the American dollar, it's still a hell of a lot more paramount to the modern world and trusted than any form of currency coming out of Russia. I'm not going to drop a geopolitical, expository essay in here because of the hypocrite factor doing so would invoke, and really, this isn't the forum for that type of discussion anyway, but the ******** potshots that are at best tenuously germane to the topic and at worst thinly-vieled attempts to denigrate another individuals' country need to stop. They couldn't be more annoying, especially for a group of people living in one of the most contentious cities in the world from a political discourse perspective, especially on a hockey board that people frequent to block out much of the acerbic rhetoric we're inundated with on a daily basis here.

On the Kuznetsov front, I've kind of petered-out on that issue. If he does come, great and if he doesn't, we'll have to make the requisite provisions and adjustments. I doubt that it appreciably affects my feelings about the club one way or another and with Harper/Strasburg/RG3 and Anthony Davis (lord willing) coming to town soon, we aren't going to be lacking for prodigies out here anytime soon (and hopefully Ovechkin relocates his prodigious talent. That would be awesome.)

Old
03-15-2012, 11:40 PM
Zine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFountainhead View Post
I'd honestly relinquish Kuznetsov's rights on the spot just to curb the ******** pro-KHL, anti-American/NHL crap being spouted in this thread by a few of you.

Let's be frank, Kuznetsov coming or staying doesn't remotely affect the balance of power between the two leagues, and even with a diminution in the power and security of the American dollar, it's still a hell of a lot more paramount to the modern world and trusted than any form of currency coming out of Russia. I'm not going to drop a geopolitical, expository essay in here because of the hypocrite factor doing so would invoke, and really, this isn't the forum for that type of discussion anyway, but the ******** potshots that are at best tenuously germane to the topic and at worst thinly-vieled attempts to denigrate another individuals' country need to stop. They couldn't be more annoying, especially for a group of people living in one of the most contentious cities in the world from a political discourse perspective, especially on a hockey board that people frequent to block out much of the acerbic rhetoric we're inundated with on a daily basis here.

On the Kuznetsov front, I've kind of petered-out on that issue. If he does come, great and if he doesn't, we'll have to make the requisite provisions and adjustments. I doubt that it appreciably affects my feelings about the club one way or another and with Harper/Strasburg/RG3 and Anthony Davis (lord willing) coming to town soon, we aren't going to be lacking for prodigies out here anytime soon (and hopefully Ovechkin relocates his prodigious talent. That would be awesome.)

Closed Thread