HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Evgeny Kuznetsov

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2012, 08:49 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Radulov came to the NHL
he has contract with Salavat Yulaev Ufa for next season

Old
05-01-2012, 08:53 AM
tycoonheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
It may be true, but I won't trust any 'rumblings' out of Russia. Not exactly the most reliable origin of sports news.

I'll wait until there's a contract signed.
Yep.

Hope GMGM is in Russia working the same magic he worked on Sjogren.

Old
05-01-2012, 08:58 AM
Langway
Proud Mediocrity

vCash: 301
Hello Olympics. Although, frankly, he really isn't ready physically for the NHL. He'd be just as soft on the puck as Johansson, albeit deadlier in open ice. The problem is there's no assurance that those current weaknesses will get better in two years. He'll be more physically mature with time but who knows whether he'll use it more effectively.

Awesome for the Caps to hear about it through the Russian press. It must be some relationship they've forged.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:06 AM
Jedgi

... and Kuznetsov will be here soon enough (and if not, who cares?). No biggie, it's not as if he's really that important to the Caps success (As evidenced by their already reasonably successful playoff run). Nice to have, but easily replaceable through other players. Plus; in two years, we'll be getting even more bang for our buck on a rookie contract.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Capsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
you are wrong. His staying at home says this: family/passion/hockey IS OVER money. All story.
He will make $4 million or so staying in true KHL, no? Versus $1 million entry level salary here. Seems to me that money is a factor. Passion? How is the KHL game more passionate? Family, perhaps. Does his family live in Traktor''s home town? Do they travel with him on the road?

I also don't see why the NHL would hurt his Olympic chances. To me this is about money, which is if course his right. But it opens him up to questions.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:10 AM
Juneemoon

Andrey Osadchenko ‏ @AOsadchenko Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Kuznetsov's decision to stay in the KHL appears to be final. Sources say he was threatened to be passed on in Sochi if he went to the NHL.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:17 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

So nice to see political stong-arming instead of letting a kid do what's best for his hockey development.

Hey Russian Hockey Federation, you do realize that letting Kuznetsov come to the NHL to develop will increase your chances in Sochi, right? How well did that half-KHL roster do in Vancouver?

Old
05-01-2012, 09:32 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

you believe Osadchenko ‏ guy? He hate KHL, MHL.. I would not believe him.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:37 AM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Hello Olympics. Although, frankly, he really isn't ready physically for the NHL. He'd be just as soft on the puck as Johansson, albeit deadlier in open ice. The problem is there's no assurance that those current weaknesses will get better in two years. He'll be more physically mature with time but who knows whether he'll use it more effectively.

Awesome for the Caps to hear about it through the Russian press. It must be some relationship they've forged.
I don't think we have any idea how they found out about it.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:40 AM
NeilYoung

I can't really blame him if true, kinda sucks though seems like he might have been coming for a bit. Guess I should have just followed some other posters lead and not get my hopes up one way or another

Old
05-01-2012, 09:40 AM
Langway
Proud Mediocrity

vCash: 301
http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks...tay-in-russia/
Quote:
“First of all, I really want to make the Olympic team badly. We have a strong team, I’ll get some experience and will play, said the winger, who also added that the Capitals, who own his rights in North America, have not yet been notified about his decision.”

Old
05-01-2012, 09:41 AM
EvoLu7ioN

LOL @ the KHL if they are actually threatening to not allow him a look at a roster spot on team Russia for 2014. This would just go to show they care more about promoting their league instead of winning as Kuznetsov would surely develop more by playing against and with better players and development staff. But it will backfire when the guy gets lit up by NHL superstar defensemen after 2 more easy years in the KHL and people all laugh. Just like they did with Radulov, the KHL's "back to back MVP"... what an embarresment when this guy is the pride and joy of your league haha.

Last edited by EvoLu7ioN: 05-01-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old
05-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Best news Stanislav Galiev has heard all day.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Zine

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
So nice to see political stong-arming instead of letting a kid do what's best for his hockey development.

Hey Russian Hockey Federation, you do realize that letting Kuznetsov come to the NHL to develop will increase your chances in Sochi, right? How well did that half-KHL roster do in Vancouver?

Wait, you just said you don't trust any 'rumblings' out of Russia.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:48 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
Wait, you just said you don't trust any 'rumblings' out of Russia.
I don't. I won't believe he's staying until he signs a contract. But it's a completely believable story that they'd try to strong-arm him.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Capitlols

I bet if Kuz said "F U" to the Russian Federation, came to the U.S., and tore it up they'd still put him on the Olympic roster.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Carlzner

Wow, dick move by Russia if the Sochi thing is true.
I wonder if the same thing is going on with Tarasenko.

Agree with NBTW... Their best players are always from the NHL... By far.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:49 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
I bet if Kuz said "F U" to the Russian Federation, came to the U.S., and tore it up they'd still put him on the Olympic roster.
Yep. But it's hard to convince a young kid of that.

If there's one Olympic games where they'll do whatever it takes to win, and ignore the usual politics, it's Sochi.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:53 AM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Agree with NBTW... Their best players are always from the NHL... By far.
This is their best KHL player:

It's not hard to get much better than that. I don't care if he has Wayne Gretzky level offensive skill, he can't back check, he's lazy, out of shape, and costs his teams multiple goals every night.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:53 AM
NeilYoung

I'm sure watching the Caps games seeing Semin, Backstrom and Ovi playing 15 minutes a game just excited the hell out of him to come over.... kidding but I really don't like how sketchy Russia is. If they really gave a **** about there Olympic team he'd be over in N/A playing with the best players in the world improving and giving them a better chance to win.

Old
05-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post

It's not hard to get much better than that. I don't care if he has Wayne Gretzky level offensive skill, he can't back check, he's lazy, out of shape, and costs his teams multiple goals every night.
Yeah Radulov is definitely evidence against the KHL.

He was a budding star over here, and the KHL clearly didn't help him at all. Hell, it may have even hiders his development.

Old
05-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Fulcrum

I think there is a misunderstanding, no one was threatening him about the Olympics team. Just that Belyaletdinov, the Russian coach, has offered to work with him closely in NT (which plays throughout the season) and said that there are benefits to staying and continuing development at home.

If anything is threatening is that NHL hasn't confirmed their players going to Sochi.

As a Russian fan, it's a win win situation. If he goes to the caps- great, he'll play in great league and gain experience. If he stays, he gets to promote hockey at home (they need young stars) and he gets challenged at the international level (which is plenty challenging for him right now).

Old
05-01-2012, 10:09 AM
HEATftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post

You do realize Ovechkin is the same right? He never backchecks and works hard defensively.. There is a reason his ice-time is at what it is

Old
05-01-2012, 10:10 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
I think there is a misunderstanding, no one was threatening him about the Olympics team. Just that Belyaletdinov, the Russian coach, has offered to work with him closely in NT (which plays throughout the season) and said that there are benefits to staying and continuing development at home.

If anything is threatening is that NHL hasn't confirmed their players going to Sochi.

As a Russian fan, it's a win win situation. If he goes to the caps- great, he'll play in great league and gain experience. If he stays, he gets to promote hockey at home (they need young stars) and he gets challenged at the international level (which is plenty challenging for him right now).
Uh huh. Suuuuure there was no threat.

If the Olympics truly are the reason he stays (if he stays), I don't believe for a second that there wasn't at least an implicit threat that leaving for the NHL would hurt his Olympic chances.

Old
05-01-2012, 10:11 AM
NeilYoung

The only benefit is family and money

nothing about playing there is a benefit, he's not going to develop better there the KHL is for old players and young kids breaking in. He needed to get the **** out of the amateur league ******** and join the big boys and show who the **** he is. Not stay at home and dominate a league he already has while not developing into a better player

Closed Thread