HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Evgeny Kuznetsov

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2012, 11:11 AM
wings5

vCash: 500
Well there are different Russian players those with the drive to succeed and who care about team Ovechkin, Malkin, Yakupov and those who care more about money and stats and fame Radulov. I think Kuznetsov really has a drive to succeed. I also believe young players going to North America early allows them to grasp the North American drive and heart at a young age.

Old
05-01-2012, 11:12 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
I think there is a misunderstanding, no one was threatening him about the Olympics team. Just that Belyaletdinov, the Russian coach, has offered to work with him closely in NT (which plays throughout the season) and said that there are benefits to staying and continuing development at home.

If anything is threatening is that NHL hasn't confirmed their players going to Sochi.

As a Russian fan, it's a win win situation. If he goes to the caps- great, he'll play in great league and gain experience. If he stays, he gets to promote hockey at home (they need young stars) and he gets challenged at the international level (which is plenty challenging for him right now).
i agree with you. Only Osadchenko guy is speaking about threatening. What is wrong with him?

Old
05-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Ovechkins Wodka

just saw this news. pretty dissapointed and starting to think he may never come over. what a shame and a waste of a talent.

Old
Ovechkins Wodka

wondering if his decison has anything to do with hunters benching of ovechkin

Old
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Not to mention, if the Russians had anything more than just their pocketbooks to worry about, he would be here getting better as a player.

There's only so much he can learn from blowing the zone and beating up on the bright lights of Kari Ramo and Karl Pilaf.

Old
05-01-2012, 11:17 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Uh huh. Suuuuure there was no threat.

If the Olympics truly are the reason he stays (if he stays), I don't believe for a second that there wasn't at least an implicit threat that leaving for the NHL would hurt his Olympic chances.
Do you have a proof of this? If yes, do steps to start court hearing. If not, sh..up

Old
05-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Capitlols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
wondering if his decison has anything to do with hunters benching of ovechkin
Probably. Kuz feels entitled to a top 6 role, DH will make him earn it.

Old
05-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Do you have a proof of this? If yes, do steps to start court hearing. If not, sh..up
Please.
The notion of it was painfully obvious.

Old
05-01-2012, 11:21 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
I don't have proof, nor would it be an issue to take to court.

But again, if the Olympics are are one of the major reasons why he's saying, it's completely naive to think that there wasn't at least teh suggestion that leaving would hurt his Olympic chances.

Old
05-01-2012, 11:25 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
I don't have proof,
it is enough for me.. I will not go on to read your "bla bla" posts. Thanks for saving my free time.

Old
05-01-2012, 11:45 AM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
it is enough for me.. I will not go on to read your "bla bla" posts. Thanks for saving my free time.
If you're going to act like that, just crawl back into whatever hole you came out of. Just to many things pointing to some degree of strong arming due to the Olympics to ignore it. Can't blame him for doing a two year deal with the renewing of a CBA coming next year also.

Old
05-01-2012, 11:53 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Ignorance is bliss...

Old
05-01-2012, 11:53 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedgi View Post
Eh, Radulov came to the NHL and Kuznetsov will be here soon enough (and if not, who cares?). No biggie, it's not as if he's really that important to the Caps success (As evidenced by their already reasonably successful playoff run). Nice to have, but easily replaceable through other players. Plus; in two years, we'll be getting even more bang for our buck on a rookie contract.
Yeah that about sums up how I feel.

But its certainly not good news

Old
05-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Zine

IF this is true, how is it different than NHL using olympics as a tool to get what they want out of players (CBA)?

Might wanna clean up your own backyard before judging others.

Old
05-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Ignorance is bliss...
Ignorance or denial?

Old
05-01-2012, 11:59 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
IF this is true, how is it different than NHL using olympics as a tool to get what they want out of players (CBA)?

Might wanna clean up your own backyard before judging others.
The NHL doesn't have any say over who gets named to Olympic teams, though, they only have a say on whether NHL teams are forced to release players to play on them.

The NHL is using its own cards as leverage to get what it wants. If these accusations are true, the KHL is using Team Russia's cards to get what it wants.

Old
05-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilYoung View Post
The only benefit is family and money

nothing about playing there is a benefit, he's not going to develop better there the KHL is for old players and young kids breaking in. He needed to get the **** out of the amateur league ******** and join the big boys and show who the **** he is. Not stay at home and dominate a league he already has while not developing into a better player
Your whole post is so full of BS. I can understand the hurt feelings of the Caps' fans, but...

Everything about plyaing 'there' is a benefit, really everything now when I see the reaction of the NA fans.

He's going to develop better in Russia and learn to play some european hockey. Your words about the KHL are inappropriate to say the least.

Old
05-01-2012, 12:13 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post

The NHL is using its own cards as leverage to get what it wants. If these accusations are true, the KHL is using Team Russia's cards to get what it wants.
no, it is not!! Only Osadchenko speaks this nonsense story and you are blind to believe it. bravo!

Old
05-01-2012, 12:15 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
no, it is not!! Only Osadchenko speaks this nonsense story and you are blind to believe it. bravo!
Do you know what the word "if" means?

Old
05-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
Probably. Kuz feels entitled to a top 6 role, DH will make him earn it.
He doesn't 'feel entitled' for anything. He just doesn't want to leave his hometown. Accept it.

Old
05-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Zine

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
The NHL doesn't have any say over who gets named to Olympic teams, though, they only have a say on whether NHL teams are forced to release players to play on them.

THAT'S why I find this report hard to believe. The KHL doesn't have the power to dictate national team selection on the highest level....and certainly not for something like Sochi. It would come down to influencing the individual coach. And Bilyaledtinov isn't known for playing politics either.

Look at Malkin after his 'escape'...he was playing in the worlds immediately after Pitt was eliminated.

Almost all 'questionable roster picks' are at junior levels and from coaches taking bribes from rich and influential parents and agents.

Old
05-01-2012, 12:19 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
THAT'S why I find this report hard to believe. The KHL doesn't have the power to dictate national team selection on the highest level....and certainly not for something like Sochi. Someone like Bilyaledtinov isn't known for playing politics either.

Look at Malkin after his 'escape'...he was playing in the worlds immediately after Pitt was eliminated.

Almost all 'questionable roster picks' are at junior levels and from coaches taking bribes from rich and influential parents and agents.
If it actually played any part in his decision it wouldn't surprise me if it was advice from his agent perhaps, or something that he believed on his own, without any actual force to back it up. I don't know who makes the decisions or where the money flows in terms of this stuff though.

Old
05-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Fulcrum

People shouldn't forget that Kuznetsov truly is a patriot and WANTS to play in the Olympics, probably way more than winning a Stanley Cup.

Old
05-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Quote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...medium=twitter
Quote:
Two months ago we interviewed KHL President Alexander Medvedev who told us "players also have to have a good head on their shoulders to realize that leaving [to the NHL] before the Olympics is not to their advantage. It is obvious that after the Olympics their value and influence is going to be a lot higher regardless of who will actually win the Olympics."

Old
05-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
Your whole post is so full of BS. I can understand the hurt feelings of the Caps' fans, but...

Everything about plyaing 'there' is a benefit, really everything now when I see the reaction of the NA fans.

He's going to develop better in Russia and learn to play some european hockey. Your words about the KHL are inappropriate to say the least.
Just like Radulov, right?

Closed Thread