HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Evgeny Kuznetsov

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Capitlols

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
He doesn't 'feel entitled' for anything. He just doesn't want to leave his hometown. Accept it.
Its well documented that he won't accept a bottom 6 role here...so yeah. I like the approaches by players like Voynov and Orlov who try to earn their roles, even it means a little bit of seasoning in the AHL.

Old
05-01-2012, 12:31 PM
FytinSioux
Blackhawksssssss

Don't think this is a smart move. I obviously don't know the situation, but hindering your development to play in a 3 week event seems crazy to me. He would be better coming over, learn how to combine his European play with the NA game and excel more than he will playing cute hockey in the K.

Go ahead and build chemistry with guys that won't see top line minutes in the olympics. He probably wouldn't like playing on a line with Ovechkin and Semin anyways.

What if the guy gets hurt a week before the games and misses the entire show, think he would regret his decision then?

Old
05-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Zine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post

Thats Medvedev talking out of his *** tring to influence things. No different than Bettman doing the same about the olympics.

In the end the NHL will go to Sochi, and Kuznetsov will participate (if good enough) no matter where he would have signed.

Roster selection has more to do with coach Bilyaletdinov than anything about the KHL.

Old
05-01-2012, 01:11 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
It probably has more to do with the expiring CBA than anything else.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/ne...ply&p=49110429

think about it.

Old
05-01-2012, 01:42 PM
capsfan528

Kuznetsov Staying In Russia For 2 More

During the Russian National Team’s media day before the World Championships, Evgeny Kuznetsov announced that he will be staying in the KHL for two more seasons.

As per Artem Kuznetsov of R-Sport:

“It was a tough decision, I talked to my parents and decided to stay in Chelyabinsk for two more years. The contract hasn’t been signed yet though. I’ve decided right away that I won’t go to any other Russian team. If I did, it would be a VHL [KHL's minor affiliate league] team.”

The forward said that he made the final decision himself. According to him, contract details have been settled, but the deal hasn’t been signed.

“First of all, I really want to make the Olympic team badly. We have a strong team, I’ll get some experience and will play,” said the winger, who also added that the Capitals, who own his rights in North America, have not yet been notified about his decision.

According to Championat.com, he also said that “he wanted to go to America too.”

Old
05-01-2012, 01:47 PM
amjay13

Well, if he comes over after two years he should be a more complete and physically stronger player.

Old
05-01-2012, 01:51 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjay13 View Post
Well, if he comes over after two years he should be a more complete and physically stronger player.
The KHL won't make him more complete.

Old
05-01-2012, 01:52 PM
amjay13

I hope we're done drafting Russians. I'm thankful for the ones we have but good grief, not worth the drama.

Old
05-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Capsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
The KHL won't make him more complete.
Any more than it made Radulov, who is now 26, complete. Radulov does not appear to be one iota better now than in '08. He was on an upward trajectory until then.

Old
05-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Halpysback

Love watching all the ******** stirred up by a dude deciding to chase a piece of vulcanized rubber around in his hometown for more money and in front of fans that don't find a million ways to disparage him for being from Russia.

Some people really need to go outside once in a while.

Can't say I would have done anything differently.

Old
05-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Roughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjay13 View Post
I hope we're done drafting Russians. I'm thankful for the ones we have but good grief, not worth the drama.
Dale Hunter does not endorse this post.

Old
05-01-2012, 02:11 PM
jsykes

I have to believe that watching the current team had to have some bearing on his decision to stay. I mean, I dont even like the hockey the Caps are playing right now, win or not. If I was a highly skilled European player looking for ice time and a wide open and offensive game, the Caps are the last place I'd be looking to play right now.

That might change if Hunter moves on, but it certainly doesnt look very promising when one of the most talented Russian players of all time is sitting on the bench for more than 3/4 of a playoff game.

I'd stick around and get the playing time and take the money as well.

Old
05-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Jedgi

Bright side people. If my math is right he won't be eligible for UFA until he's 29.

EDIT: Oh and for the record people. If you haven't noticed, every single time there is an article about Kuznetsov thinking about staying in the KHL vorky is there to troll Caps fans and try to upset them. So don't feed the troll please.

Old
05-01-2012, 02:19 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedgi View Post
Bright side people. If my math is right he won't be eligible for UFA until he's 29.

EDIT: Oh and for the record people. If you haven't noticed, every single time there is an article about Kuznetsov thinking about staying in the KHL vorky is there to troll Caps fans and try to upset them. So don't feed the troll please.
Your math is wrong, unless the CBA raises UFA age. He's a UFA at 27.

There is no bright side.

Old
05-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
And I'd also strongly consider a 2 year KHL deal because I wouldn't want to have my rookie NHL season coincide with an Olympic year and risk my place on the team if I really struggle to adapt to the NHL game. If I stay in the KHL for those 2 years I am a certain lock for an important Olympic tournament on my home soil unless I am injured.

From the Caps perspective the timing of the CBA and Olympics couldn't be worse as far as getting Kuznetsov to the NHL IMO.
I love quoting myself...

Old
05-01-2012, 02:28 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
it is not trolling it is saying the truth. I wrote earlier he might sign with Traktor after season. Likely he does. I was right. Cope with it.

Old
05-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Dream Big

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Yep. But it's hard to convince a young kid of that.

If there's one Olympic games where they'll do whatever it takes to win, and ignore the usual politics, it's Sochi.
Really what is the benefit of coming over to the NHL next year? Won't he still be eligible for the Calder if he comes after the Olympics?

I really understand what can be going through his mind. Too many options and no guarantees.

Old
05-01-2012, 03:13 PM
newfr4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
THAT'S why I find this report hard to believe. The KHL doesn't have the power to dictate national team selection on the highest level....and certainly not for something like Sochi. It would come down to influencing the individual coach. And Bilyaledtinov isn't known for playing politics either.

Look at Malkin after his 'escape'...he was playing in the worlds immediately after Pitt was eliminated.

Almost all 'questionable roster picks' are at junior levels and from coaches taking bribes from rich and influential parents and agents.

to be fair, Malkin didn't flee the KHL. he came from the now-defunct SuperLeague, which itself was in conflict with the Federation.

also, by the time Malkin 'escaped', he was a fixture on the national team, having participated at both WC and Oly, and scoring a ton too.

Last edited by newfr4u: 05-01-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old
05-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Capsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
it is not trolling it is saying the truth. I wrote earlier he might sign with Traktor after season. Likely he does. I was right. Cope with it.
Dude, you are not even a Caps fan, what the hell are you doing over here being a KHL public defender. People here are entitled to the opinion that the KHL is way below NHL standards and things are shady over there.

Old
05-01-2012, 03:51 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

What does the Olympics have anything to do with it? They aren't for 2 years, he would have a full season in the NHL and he would already securing a way to play first or 2nd line playing with Ovechkin or Semin in the NHL.

Really if anything its about Ovechkin being benched. Who wants to come over to a place where a coach sits back and plays with the lead, then when they ****ing realize they need their ****ing best player on the ice when the game is tied.

Old
05-01-2012, 03:56 PM
amjay13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
What does the Olympics have anything to do with it? They aren't for 2 years, he would have a full season in the NHL and he would already securing a way to play first or 2nd line playing with Ovechkin or Semin in the NHL.

Really if anything its about Ovechkin being benched. Who wants to come over to a place where a coach sits back and plays with the lead, then when they ****ing realize they need their ****ing best player on the ice when the game is tied.
There is zero chance it has anything to do with Ovechkin being benched. And if it is, Kuz can stay in Russia as it would become apparent that he is far more concerned with himself than winning. All you have to do to get minutes under DH is be defensively responsible........not a lot to ask.

Old
05-01-2012, 04:04 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
As a capitals fan and draftnik really disappointed that Kuznetsov will be a couple of years out. Really hoped he would come over as it would help the caps in the short term (semin replacement).

That being said not the end of the world. He'll be what 22 or 23 and have a little more time to physically develop and get stronger. Naturally KHL is not the NHL so have to be some concerns of habits being created that won't fly in the NHL.

05-01-2012, 04:20 PM
EroCaps

There's no upside for the Caps to this move. Just a major disappointment at the lack of character demonstrated by "Kuz" and the rest of the Russians not named Orlov.

Old
05-01-2012, 04:24 PM
DanTHEMan71

This isn't totally bad news.

It would've been nice to see Ovi, Semin, Kuz, and Orlov playing together. However, the way the Caps are playing now for Hunter, a 20 year old Kuz might not fit in too well. At least now he'll have time to mature physically over these next 2 years.

I fully expect him to come over after his Traktor contract finishes. At that time Semin will be 30 and Kuz will be on the brink of his prime and ready for NHL.

Old
05-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Realistically this only burns the Caps if their rights expire. I rather pay the rookie max for a 22-23 year old than a 20 year old.

Closed Thread