HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Evgeny Kuznetsov

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2012, 05:29 PM
CatOTails

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
I mean, if you're gonna drag your wife to another country to make 500k after taxes vs staying in your home country to make 4 million after taxes, you're not gonna have a wife for very long. Not like he's already earned a ton of money to fall back on.
Oh stop it you.
He's already a millionaire and 500k/year is a damn good salary for a 19 year old. And even if he fails in the NHL or his wife decides it's better to live in Russia there's always an option to return back to the league where it's fine to pay millions of dollars for your name and not for real accomplishments.

Old
05-05-2012, 05:37 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatOTails View Post
Oh stop it you.
He's already a millionaire and 500k/year is a damn good salary for a 19 year old. And even if he fails in the NHL or his wife decides it's better to live in Russia there's always an option to return back to the league where it's fine to pay millions of dollars for your name and not for real accomplishments.
500k a year for 2 years doesnt make you a millionaire

Old
05-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Dirtbag59

Quote:
Oh stop it you.
It's good money but in DC the cost of living is pretty high especially compared to Russia. That $4 million he'll be making in Chelyabinsk might be the equivalent of $8 million in DC. Also to my understanding he's getting paid tax free.

Quote:
If he waits until he’s 22, it’s only a 2-year entry-level deal, which can mean a great deal more money overall if he plays two more season in Russia earning several times his potential NHL salary guaranteed, tax-free.
Once he gets set financially he'll probably be much more willing to come over but as it stands there is no contest when it comes to pay. Tax free and much lower cost of living means the KHL will win out every time. And in this day in age being a millionaire will only get you so far.

Heres the cost of living in perspective

Quote:
Rent Prices in Washington, DC are 412.42% higher than in Chelyabinsk
Restaurant Prices in Washington, DC are 58.51% higher than in Chelyabinsk
Groceries Prices in Washington, DC are 95.34% higher than in Chelyabinsk

Last edited by Dirtbag59: 05-05-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old
05-05-2012, 05:45 PM
CatOTails

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
500k a year for 2 years doesnt make you a millionaire
Yes, but he already earned several millions in Russia.

Old
05-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Oh stop it you.
500k isn't **** for this type of career. The vast majority of plugs or players who don't make it big are broke a decade after they retire if not less. To go out of your way to take an 85% paycut in a different country right after getting married is a selfish jackass thing to do.

You would do the exact same thing in his position unless you were a total idiot.

Old
05-06-2012, 02:26 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Ffs stop with this 5 million crap. Traktor can't pay him that that much. He's making 2 tops, and the tax rate is a flat 13%.

Old
05-06-2012, 03:42 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
Ffs stop with this 5 million crap. Traktor can't pay him that that much. He's making 2 tops, and the tax rate is a flat 13%.
maybe you are right, I dont know how much money he earns (it is funny to read this discussion because NOBODY of us knows it ) Back on topic. Traktor pays him X salary PLUS KHL pays him stipendium (maybe the same money as Traktor pays). Take into account..

Old
05-06-2012, 04:35 AM
Acallabeth
Seriously coach?

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
I mean, if you're gonna drag your wife to another country to make 500k after taxes vs staying in your home country to make 4 million after taxes, you're not gonna have a wife for very long.
This is a flawless logic not.

Old
05-06-2012, 06:40 AM
XDC-RES
Root for the Laundry

Send a message via ICQ to XDC-RES
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
I kinda hope he gets passed over for the the Olympics now....that'll teach him.
Teach him what? Not to enjoy living at home playing the game he loves?

WTF are peoples' problems here? I'm upset he won't be playing for my fav team too but to say some of the things that are being thrown around in this thread is just assinine.

Old
05-06-2012, 06:43 AM
XDC-RES
Root for the Laundry

Quote:
I mean, if you're gonna drag your wife to another country to make 500k after taxes vs staying in your home country to make 4 million after taxes, you're not gonna have a wife for very long. Not like he's already earned a ton of money to fall back on.
If that's true then he married the wrong woman.

Old
05-06-2012, 06:48 AM
XDC-RES
Root for the Laundry

Quote:
he's pissing on his future pro career in North America
So?

Ever consider his priorities in life aren't the same as yours?

Or that it's his life not yours?

Opting out of playing in the NHL doesn't make him stupid, selfish, or evil.

FFS!

Old
05-06-2012, 08:31 AM
kp61c

vCash: 50
Quote:
we need more posts like this. though dont forget that besides their salaries in clubs the young players get fat bonuses from khl for not playing in nhl. i remember kuz mentioned this as one of the reasons to stay in khl

Old
05-06-2012, 11:28 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp61c View Post
we need more posts like this. though dont forget that besides their salaries in clubs the young players get fat bonuses from khl for not playing in nhl. i remember kuz mentioned this as one of the reasons to stay in khl
yep, I wrote similar thing earlier

Old
05-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Bure

I think about it now, and if the entry level contract regulations don't change, think about the ludicrous money he's gonna get offered in Russia if he performs in the Olympics.

But I think he won't be to worried about money then.

Anyways moving on, we'll see his decision in 2 years , w.e it is it's his life his choices.

Old
05-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Oh stop it you.
you better check what real accomplishments mean. Playing sports at a professional level is already an accomplishement that few people in life would ever achieve. Playing in the 2nd best league in the world is a bigger accomplishement. Being the best player in the league is a huge huge accomplishement. Playing for your Country in Olympics in sport of Hockey, for Russia- is an accomplishement you couldn't begin to dream of.

Old
05-08-2012, 04:11 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Watching Russia-Germany, and watching Kuzya, can't shake this Backstrom-esque feel to him.

Good below the net creating turn overs, very calmly gets to puck in races and just out muscles the opposing player.

Old
05-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Capitlols

Kuz = Semin. He is a bit grittier, extroverted, and flamboyant.

Old
05-25-2012, 02:30 AM
Bure

“I am always motivated,” said Kuznetsov. “You make plans every year or two. I also have my dreams. I want to achieve my goal. Obviously, Gagarin Cup. I also have a dream to go to the Olympics, and to win there, of course. And to bring the Stanley Cup to Chelyabinsk.”

Old
05-25-2012, 06:45 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
“I am always motivated,” said Kuznetsov. “You make plans every year or two. I also have my dreams. I want to achieve my goal. Obviously, Gagarin Cup. I also have a dream to go to the Olympics, and to win there, of course. And to bring the Stanley Cup to Chelyabinsk.”
As per RMNB http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks...traktor-arena/

Old
05-25-2012, 07:03 AM
artilector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Lol. Next up, a seat in the Duma.

Old
05-25-2012, 08:54 AM
OVrocks

Some of you guys are just : you would be a complete moron to forgo $4 mil tax free to move halfway across the globe witha possibility of being stuck in Hershey.

Old
05-25-2012, 08:54 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Actually I believe that guy just wants to play a couple more years in the K - reasons may vary - and then move on. I'm sure he doesn't want to, and doesn't mean to, close the door on the NHL.

Old
05-25-2012, 09:49 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

I don't really see the reason for animosity.

Personally, a 22 year old player is probably better for the Caps than a 20 year old player. Especially on his entry level deal.

Old
05-25-2012, 11:20 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVrocks View Post
Some of you guys are just : you would be a complete moron to forgo $4 mil tax free to move halfway across the globe witha possibility of being stuck in Hershey.
If worrying about Hershey is real, maybe he's not as good as we all think. IMO, there's no way the kid gets a second of time in Hershey.

And if $4 mi is the big prize, I might agree. It's not though. The big prize is his entire (likely) very lucrative NHL career in the best league in the world with a LOT of upside as far as earning potential goes.

Old
05-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:
If worrying about Hershey is real, maybe he's not as good as we all think. IMO, there's no way the kid gets a second of time in Hershey.

And if $4 mi is the big prize, I might agree. It's not though. The big prize is his entire like very lucrative NHL career in the best league in the world with a LOT of upside as far as earning potential goes.
Yes, it's even more apealing and lucrative lately as every Russian is labeled something along the lines of "Lazy" while their teammates are let off as good hard working Canadian/American boys. You don't think the Russians notice how they are being treated by media? And the things that are said about KHL and the Russian teams? Just type in Radulov in google, or Russian hockey player and see what you get...

KHL has to start somewhere, and Kuznetsov can make a difference for the league and his team at home, he knows that and good for him

Closed Thread