HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Evgeny Kuznetsov

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
Imo there's the 1st round, and there is the rest of the draft. 3rd rounders are already long shots to ever play in the NHL.

Anyway, if you look at our 2nd and 3rd round picks in the past 10 years, the best ones are Neuvirth and Orlov, both European. Our only NA 2nd or 3rd round pick that has a chance of being an NHLer is Eakin.
Already giving up on Chandler Stephenson?

Still a realistic chance for Teddy Ruth as well.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:27 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
Kuznetsov has a once in a lifetime opportunity to win an Olympic gold medal in his home country and decided not to do anything that would jeopardize that opportunity. He'll likely have at least 15 kicks at the can when it comes to opportunities to play for the cup. In his situation I would likely have made the same decision.
I don't even think Russia will medal.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

...yet the point is, he does, and he probably won't get the chance to compete for it on home soil ever again.

There is no good reason to discount what European players can bring your teams, but what you also get with most of them is a more balanced prioritization of the importance of trying to win the Stanley Cup, Olympic Gold, and the World Championships. They see those trophies on far more equal terms than we do in North America. Don't discount the likelihood that Europeans can help your team, but realize they have priorities that may differ from ours.

If Ovechkin had to play a year in the KHL to get on that team, you know full well he'd be over there too (provided the money is there).

Old
07-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Brave Sir Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Already giving up on Chandler Stephenson?

Still a realistic chance for Teddy Ruth as well.
Stephenson is a complete unknown at this point, to be honest I forgot about him. I wouldn't hold my breath for Ruth.

Old
07-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
So Caps fans, Leafs fan here, I'm interested in how Kuzy is doing in development camp or what's up with him.

Where will he play, 3rd? 2nd line possibly? Right wing? Left? Center?

Gotta hear some news on this bad boy.

Old
07-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsky View Post
So Caps fans, Leafs fan here, I'm interested in how Kuzy is doing in development camp or what's up with him.

He'll play 1st line for Traktor.

Old
07-04-2012, 06:32 PM
discobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsky View Post

Where have you been?

Old
07-04-2012, 08:29 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

He is playing in the KHL for two years, to ensure his spot on the National Team at Sochi in 2014, then says he's going to the NHL.

Old
07-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Atlas

2nd rounders almost always become nothing. But Galiev looks good.

Old
07-05-2012, 12:33 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Was reading they are talking about expanding the KHL into other countries including Sweden and Finland.

Would be sweet, would make development of European players so much more diverse, but specifically Kuznetsov.

Old
07-05-2012, 01:00 AM
artilector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
Was reading they are talking about expanding the KHL into other countries including Sweden and Finland.

Would be sweet, would make development of European players so much more diverse, but specifically Kuznetsov.
Well, KHL would love to expand, but I think at this point, none of the top Euro clubs are really interested, because they can't compete financially with top Russian clubs.. Maybe eventually somehow a Euro-league happens, but it's definitely not a short-term project, it seems.

Old
07-05-2012, 01:34 AM
newfr4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by artilector View Post
Well, KHL would love to expand, but I think at this point, none of the top Euro clubs are really interested, because they can't compete financially with top Russian clubs.. Maybe eventually somehow a Euro-league happens, but it's definitely not a short-term project, it seems.
khl is in fact expanding. Lev Poprad is becoming Lev Praha. also adding HC Donbass in Ukraine, and Slovan Bratislava in the 2012-13 season, and Loko is returning as well.

Old
07-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setting up the play View Post
Where have you been?
In the Leafs forums, as you should know by now, the Toronto Maple Leafs are a world of their own.

Old
07-26-2012, 05:40 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Traktor Chelyabinsk F Evgeny Kuznetsov had a warm up at square in city of Chelyabinsk. Reports say above 200 fans came.

Old
08-20-2012, 07:28 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Impressive SHG by Kuzya. 1g1a 3gp pre season, held pointless other 2 games.

Old
08-20-2012, 08:44 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

World class training facilities....

Old
08-21-2012, 02:51 AM
fsnoles98

Evgeny Kuznetsov looks good in the KHL and has tons of fans. His chances of playing for the Washington Capitals in 2014 are slim in my opinion. The guy loves playing at home and is making some cash to do it. The relationship between him and the Caps seems to be at a far to say the least. Unless Orlov and Ovy can put a bug in his hear I personally don't see this kid in a Caps uniform, I would love too, just don't see it happening.

Old
08-21-2012, 03:32 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsnoles98 View Post
Evgeny Kuznetsov looks good in the KHL and has tons of fans. His chances of playing for the Washington Capitals in 2014 are slim in my opinion. The guy loves playing at home and is making some cash to do it. The relationship between him and the Caps seems to be at a far to say the least. Unless Orlov and Ovy can put a bug in his hear I personally don't see this kid in a Caps uniform, I would love too, just don't see it happening.
He's very fond of wearing Capitals hats:

My only worry is the woman, and the CBA. If its 5 year ELC, he's not coming.

Old
08-21-2012, 08:43 AM
LSnow

NA experts are weird sometimes, watching the broadcasts you get the feeling that best way for a offensive creative forward to play the game is not to try any dangles because they might not work, do not try any creative passing because god forbid it might cause a turnover, never ever be out of position so you might get a breakaway because it opens a lane.

Best offence is to dump the puck, try to get it back, then just shoot it the second you get the puck because it might cause a rebound. Then hustle back to defence and rinse repeat 60 minutes. Then they are are bewildered why Blues lost 1-0. Or when Rangers get shutout it must be because Gaborik didnt score a goal, its never the fault of Callahan when there was a player open and he just shot from stupid angle directly to the chest of the goalie. And Claude Giroux had a great game when he made one good defensive play, not because he scored 5 points.

( little exaggerated )

Old
08-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Gumby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSnow View Post
NA experts are weird sometimes, watching the broadcasts you get the feeling that best way for a offensive creative forward to play the game is not to try any dangles because they might not work, do not try any creative passing because god forbid it might cause a turnover, never ever be out of position so you might get a breakaway because it opens a lane.

Best offence is to dump the puck, try to get it back, then just shoot it the second you get the puck because it might cause a rebound. Then hustle back to defence and rinse repeat 60 minutes. Then they are are bewildered why Blues lost 1-0. Or when Rangers get shutout it must be because Gaborik didnt score a goal, its never the fault of Callahan when there was a player open and he just shot from stupid angle directly to the chest of the goalie. And Claude Giroux had a great game when he made one good defensive play, not because he scored 5 points.

( little exaggerated )
Cuz the D here are actually good and will make you pay 9 outta 10 times, and your team would be struggling on D with you not backchecking. Then of course theres also the smaller rinks with less ground for D to cover.....it's not rocket science.

Old
08-21-2012, 05:01 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post

Impressive SHG by Kuzya. 1g1a 3gp pre season, held pointless other 2 games.
That was such a beauty.

Old
08-21-2012, 07:43 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
I don't even think Russia will medal.
i dont think the caps will get past the first round

Old
08-30-2012, 09:09 AM
Hockeysemin

Old
08-30-2012, 09:33 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Merge this into the prospects thread until 2014!

Old
08-30-2012, 04:36 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulle View Post
So smooth.

Man if the Caps keep Ribeiro and Hendricks, once Kuznetsov is here, Ovi won't be in the shoot out.

Closed Thread