HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Adirondack @ Bingo | Game #19 | 11/24 | 6:05 EST | W/ Stream

Old
11-24-2011, 08:48 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

vCash: 500
I think CSKA will have to find another player ...

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 08:48 PM
Caje

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinYS View Post
I'm liking Filatov's game in Bingo. FILLY, Y U NO PLAY LIKE THAT ON SENS
I can't imagine it's easy getting any sort of momentum when you're sitting on the bench for 55 minutes a game.

Caje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 08:53 PM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caje View Post
I can't imagine it's easy getting any sort of momentum when you're sitting on the bench for 55 minutes a game.
^^

This x100000000000

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 08:59 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Borowiecki is a very good defensman. Yes, Wiercioch has more points but I do not feel too much certain from him. But Borowiecki is smart, certain, calm, very good positional, good passes, shoot... IMO he could be play in NHL the next year.

Grant could be a good third linecenter, similar OBrian,who is so calm, so certain. He knows to use his body right way in right moment.

Petersson... he is skill without doubt but something miss him it what makes player overaverage and not only average. Similar Hoffman... I do not see them in NHL the next year.

Filatov was beast and he can play more, more better. IMO the most of confidence is back.

Wiercioch is not bad but not certain, not so calm... he must work on these things.

Last edited by mt-svk: 11-24-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Old
11-24-2011, 09:02 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling View Post
ya
was he sent down to ECHL?
Armstrong out w/ hurt back, Godfrey groin..Locke still has a cast on his wrist..

Good game 2 in a row, next up Sat vs tough WB/S..

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 09:07 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Filatov needs to get at least 15 minutes when he comes back up next. I'm fully confident that he's going to be staying with Ottawa. The talent is there hopefully they see what he's doing and actually reward him for it.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 09:12 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
Filatov needs to get at least 15 minutes when he comes back up next. I'm fully confident that he's going to be staying with Ottawa. The talent is there hopefully they see what he's doing and actually reward him for it.
First he must earn it in Sens. Not in Bingo, in Ottawa. Than yes.

Old
11-24-2011, 09:18 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Borowiecki is a very good defensman. Yes, Wiercioch has more points but I do not feel too much certain from him. But Borowiecki is smart, certain, calm, very good positional, good passes, shoot... IMO he could be play in NHL the next year.

Grant could be a good third linecenter, similar OBrian,who is so calm, so certain. He knows to use his body right way in right moment.

Petersson... he is skill without doubt but something miss him it what makes player overaverage and not only average. Similar Hoffman... I do not see them in NHL the next year.

Filatov was beast and he can play more, more better. IMO the most of confidence is back.

Wiercioch is not bad but not certain, not so calm... he must work on these things.
Yeah, from what I've seen of Borowiecki, that's an excellent description. I think he'll be a very effective player for the Sens next year.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 09:39 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
First he must earn it in Sens. Not in Bingo, in Ottawa. Than yes.
So basically he needs to show he's dominant getting 5 minutes a game in the NHL? With a skill player like that he needs the time on the ice -- if he does bad things with that time then take it away, but for what he's shown in Bingo recently he needs to be given a legitimate chance. Otherwise what was the point of acquiring him?

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 09:42 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
So basically he needs to show he's dominant getting 5 minutes a game in the NHL? With a skill player like that he needs the time on the ice -- if he does bad things with that time then take it away, but for what he's shown in Bingo recently he needs to be given a legitimate chance. Otherwise what was the point of acquiring him?
If he will play good his ice time will not be 5 minutes but more already in his first start in Sens. It is so easy. But he must play great and use his skill, speed, great ice vision and scoring. He is not theforth line player but TOP 6 that is why he is in Bingo. MacLean isfrom Detroit where every player has his stint. And Filatovs is scoring so he had to get his confidence in Bingo to do it.

Old
11-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Yeah, from what I've seen of Borowiecki, that's an excellent description. I think he'll be a very effective player for the Sens next year.
I agree with MT_SVK's assessment, but I think Boro will spend at least part of next year in the AHL.

It will be sad if Filatov decides to go back, he has so much talent.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 09:47 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
The NHL isn't a friendly place for newcomers trying to make the roster, specially when the team enters training camp with 12 forwards on 1 way deals.

I am sure Filatov would be quite happy starting on the fourth line and working his way up, but there needs to be a spot on the team to allow that to happen.

With Regin and Neil coming back soon, the only way Filatov gets a chance is if Da Costa is sent down to Bingo or an injury. Hopefully Murray finds a way, the kid definitely deserves another look I believe.

Old
11-24-2011, 09:47 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
I agree with MT_SVK's assessment, but I think Boro will spend at least part of next year in the AHL.

IMO not. He is very smart, I would saytoo smart (he has University in 21 years finished btw) and when somebody explains him thing and his reasons normal he accepted it. Plus doyou think Sens would let him in Bingo with these achievments?

Old
11-24-2011, 10:13 PM
SensAreReligion
GT- CxC Senator

Filatov will get his chance now!

SensAreReligion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 10:29 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
We gonna sign an LD to replace Kuba? Boro could get his shot to earn a spot to open next year if Kuba's dealt at the deadline

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 10:46 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
We gonna sign an LD to replace Kuba? Boro could get his shot to earn a spot to open next year if Kuba's dealt at the deadline
Am I wrong, weren't you the guy saying just last week the Sens could just sign a UFA to replace Kuba, now you think its Boro?

Boro will definitely get a good look next year, but he has had some pretty tough games this year, he needs to be more consistent.

Lots could happen before training camp next year, who really knows what Murray will do.

Old
11-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Am I wrong, weren't you the guy saying just last week the Sens could just sign a UFA to replace Kuba, now you think its Boro?

Boro will definitely get a good look next year, but he has had some pretty tough games this year, he needs to be more consistent.

Lots could happen before training camp next year, who really knows what Murray will do.
No I've always imagined Boro being the lead candidate to take that spot. Regarding UFA, I was talking about July 1st 2013, to replace Gonchar. I don't imagine it'll be Gryba or Weircioch at this point.

Although there is no guarantee Boro is the guy to take that spot, but he is becoming a priority prospect in the organization and I could see the org not signing anyone from outside if they think he's ready to go.

Old
11-24-2011, 10:50 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Nice to see Filatov still playing well. Hopefully he can get a shot in Ottawa's top 6 soon. I definitely see the AHL being a good place for him right now though, so I hope he'll stick it out for awhile longer.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 10:54 PM
Holdurbreathe

[QUOTE=mt-svk;39916047]IMO not. He is very smart, I would saytoo smart (he has University in 21 years finished btw) and when somebody explains him thing and his reasons normal he accepted it. Plus doyou think Sens would let him in Bingo with these achievments?[/QUOTE]

To be honest mt-svk, I really don't know what the Sens will do. They might like to bring him to Ottawa, but the team needs a spot for him.

When I say a spot, I don't just mean for a game or two, what would be the point in doing that?

Murray needs to move a forward or two off the roster, not sure he has a plan to do that at the moment.

Old
11-24-2011, 10:56 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
No I've always imagined Boro being the lead candidate to take that spot. Regarding UFA, I was talking about July 1st 2013, to replace Gonchar. I don't imagine it'll be Gryba or Weircioch at this point.

Although there is no guarantee Boro is the guy to take that spot, but he is becoming a priority prospect in the organization and I could see the org not signing anyone from outside if they think he's ready to go.
I know Murray likes him, both Murray's do.

Old
11-24-2011, 10:56 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
I'm on call for work and there's a lot going on this weekend so I can't make any promises for Saturday's game. At least we can get out the thread with the "3's" in the posts. If anyone else wants to stream as backup let me know and I'll send you the login info.

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 10:58 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Quote:

I'd say that too. Next year there will be an opening on the left side D and that will make things interesting. His odds of staying may depend on how Wiercioch plays. One of them should make it. What works against him is that Boro is a 1st year pro so they can afford to keep him down another year and keep him as a call-up.

I'm very glad to see Filatov ignored all the idiot cracks and is playing like we know he can.

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:11 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
I know Murray likes him, both Murray's do.
It does seem like he could very well start in the NHL next season...it'll be harder to figure how they approach it if they are in the playoff picture come deadline day and hold on to Kuba for the season which keeps Boro from getting "tryout" time.

He'll probably get some injury callup time anyways though and we'll have a better idea then.

Old
11-25-2011, 12:14 AM
Kenny Bania
Thats gold Jerry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
Armstrong out w/ hurt back, Godfrey groin..Locke still has a cast on his wrist..

Good game 2 in a row, next up Sat vs tough WB/S..
They play in Syracuse tonight (Friday) first.

Kenny Bania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 01:01 AM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Bania View Post
They play in Syracuse tonight (Friday) first.
Yup, my bad, wanna make the trip there now that I know../lazy azz @ times, lol

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote