HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comeau on Waivers **CLAIMED BY CALGARY**

Old
11-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Backhand of Justice
Casey Zeeky

vCash: 500
See ya Blake.

Backhand of Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 600
Maybe the Flyers take him, he already has some chemistry brewing with that sweet tape to tape pass last night to that one Flyer.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:41 AM
JoonasJ86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipietro View Post
Why do you choose to disagree with every move Snow makes? This is the right thing to do, the guy has ZERO points and he SUCKS.

And yes let's bring back Milbury! Good idea.
Haha yeah! I know what that idiot would do first!
Tavares for Matt Stajan and a 2rd
El Nino for Halischuk
And Maybe Grabner and Okposo for Luongo!!

Haha okay sounds idiotic but remembering the Milbury trade philosophy it isn't Buahaha

JoonasJ86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:43 AM
macleod50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto91 View Post
Pick up a guy making 2.5 mill with no points......?????

A very Long shot he gets claimed.....
Plenty of teams with cap space and this is the last year of his deal.

A win-win for a club that wants a reclamation project.

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:46 AM
MikeyMike01*
Hurray

Send a message via AIM to MikeyMike01* Send a message via MSN to MikeyMike01*
Thank ****ing god.

With our luck he's just hurt or some **** and will return to a 20 goal+ player.

MikeyMike01* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:46 AM
M Moulson Ale
Brockoli

Hip of Rick, relax on the criticizing of GMG. If he were to get Sidney Crosby for a 7th round pick, you would probably still criticize him for letting go of that 7th round pick, which would be ignorant. As the previous poster said, it's better late than never.

I think Comeau (if he clears) will definitley adjust his game in Bridgeport. I can see him turning into more of a two way forward rather than a scorer, since he does not use his shot a lot (but this season it has been at all :/). He has to thrive in the AHL or he will never see the big leagues again....

M Moulson Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:47 AM
ferrisUML

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod50 View Post
Plenty of teams with cap space and this is the last year of his deal.

A win-win for a club that wants a reclamation project.
the same kinda win-win that everyone around here pisses and moans about when we take a shot on? I actually think blake is worse.

ferrisUML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:49 AM
redbull
game on

Too bad. I'm surprised Snow couldn't make a deal for him at all but any pro-scouts that follow the NHL (because it's their job) would have seen Comeau for all his faults (virtues were last season).

But the market is what the market is.

Nino's $2.7M cap hit (and $900k actual salary) saves Wang $1.6MM (prorated of course) this season.

I think Nino's going to have to stay with the Isles this year now. Unless Snow can find a salary to take on, get some help on defense.

Comeau may go on to have success on another team but he'll need to change his game and his intensity and compete level. I wish him well, I wonder who'll pick him up?!

NOTE: Comeau was one of the few player who are making more money than Yashin this year (yes, they are tied in points but yashin has a better +/-). Now it's only:
Rolston, Moulson, Streit, Eaton.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:50 AM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod50 View Post
Can't say I'm that surprised. Someone will pick him up though.
this

Cant beleive we couldnt even get a

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:51 AM
islandermike

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
Too bad. I'm surprised Snow couldn't make a deal for him at all but any pro-scouts that follow the NHL (because it's their job) would have seen Comeau for all his faults (virtues were last season).

But the market is what the market is.

Nino's $2.7M cap hit (and $900k actual salary) saves Wang $1.6MM (prorated of course) this season.

I think Nino's going to have to stay with the Isles this year now. Unless Snow can find a salary to take on, get some help on defense.

Comeau may go on to have success on another team but he'll need to change his game and his intensity and compete level. I wish him well, I wonder who'll pick him up?!
I think this is a move to get Nino a lineup spot clearly, it will also clear a path for Ullstrom to stay and even a kid like Rahkshani who just returned to playing in AHL.

islandermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:51 AM
ferrisUML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick View Post
What the ****, new scapegoat for Garth. The worst gm in the league strikes again, bring back milbury at this point. SNOW MUST GO
HoR, your complaining for the sake of complaining. this was the right move in every way. snow deserves lots of criticism, but not for this.

ferrisUML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:52 AM
islandermike

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
this

Cant beleive we couldnt even get a
he has no points and is -11 in 16 games, not much of a market

islandermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:53 AM
ziggy7716

I am sorry but Snow is awful. This is a dumb move. Yes, he has 0 pts but you don't waive a guy like Comeau, atleast try to get something for him. I don't buy that he was trying blah, blah blah. I highly doubt there wasn't a team out there willing to part with even a 4th or 5th rd pick for Comeau. Atleast they get something for him, now they are going to lose him for nothing. He has increased his point total every year for the last few years and is still only 25. Yea, he sucks right now but with the right linemates he will easily snap out of this. He has all the tools, he skates well, hits, has a great shot and has size. Sure, he hasn't been displaying this now, but he will. Huge mistake. For those thinking he won't get claimed your very wrong.

Meanwhile, we have bums like Rolston and Bailey on this team. ******* you Snow. Your a joke.

ziggy7716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:58 AM
redbull
game on

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandermike View Post
I think this is a move to get Nino a lineup spot clearly, it will also clear a path for Ullstrom to stay and even a kid like Rahkshani who just returned to playing in AHL.
Rakh is interesting because he's been very successful in the AHL and in the NCAA, he's small, but he has great hockey instincts, vision, passing. Something Comeau really lacked. Put Rakh's head in Comeau's body and you have a star.

But I'd like to see Rakhshani and Ullstrom given long looks this season. They aren't 18, they are older, have some seasoning, they've played well and earned a look.

Losing a guy like Comeau who didn't compete hard, on a team that lacks talent AND compete level, well, it makes sense.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:58 AM
88th Precinct
'Charro Unchained'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick View Post
What the ****, new scapegoat for Garth. The worst gm in the league strikes again, bring back milbury at this point. SNOW MUST GO
.....dude.....you just said that......that's a bigger credibility killer than anything Snow's done.

88th Precinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 12:00 PM
Furkmyster

Hopefully we see Rolston, Reasoner and Pandolfo get waived soon too ... This is a start.

Furkmyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy7716 View Post
I am sorry but Snow is awful. This is a dumb move. Yes, he has 0 pts but you don't waive a guy like Comeau, atleast try to get something for him. I don't buy that he was trying blah, blah blah. I highly doubt there wasn't a team out there willing to part with even a 4th or 5th rd pick for Comeau. Atleast they get something for him, now they are going to lose him for nothing. He has increased his point total every year for the last few years and is still only 25. Yea, he sucks right now but with the right linemates he will easily snap out of this. He has all the tools, he skates well, hits, has a great shot and has size. Sure, he hasn't been displaying this now, but he will. Huge mistake. For those thinking he won't get claimed your very wrong.

Meanwhile, we have bums like Rolston and Bailey on this team. ******* you Snow. Your a joke.
Ever think Garth tried and that their is no market for a guy with 0 points and a -11?

Brian Compton - NHL.com
Islanders have placed Blake Comeau on waivers.

Can't say I am surprised. After his raise in the offseason, he really crapped the bed.

11-24-2011, 12:06 PM
nyscene

Good move. You want to start fostering a winning culture: hold players responsible for their performance.

Get rid of the other freeloaders on this team (I'm looking at you Rolston) and I'll be happy

nyscene is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 12:07 PM
OpAck

I don't think there's a team currently out there in the market for Comeau. At least not one willing to cough up any assets for him. And yeah, I firmly believe Snow tried to get something for him.

It was the right move for Snow to make, and it just so happens to send a message to the rest of the team.

OpAck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 12:10 PM
luki here

too bad we didnt trade him end of last year. He woulda been worth something then. Im guessing he wont clear, but lets see...

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 12:11 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Now all we need is to do the same with Rolston, but I am unsure of the salary cap implications if he is actually claimed by another team. I know he signed at 35+ contract and his salary counts against the cap whether or not he's in the NHL or AHL, but what would happen if he is actually claimed?

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 12:21 PM
ledzep1212
COYB

Thank god, after last night I couldn't take watching Blake in an Islanders jersey for another game.

ledzep1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 12:21 PM
Law

Send a message via AIM to Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct View Post
Ever think Garth tried and that their is no market for a guy with 0 points and a -11?.
You take your logical thinking somewhere else, pal. I know a guy who knows a guy who played a guy online in NHL 12 who was able to trade him for players. So take that!

Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 12:22 PM
ledzep1212
COYB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct View Post
Ever think Garth tried and that their is no market for a guy with 0 points and a -11?

Brian Compton - NHL.com
Islanders have placed Blake Comeau on waivers.

Can't say I am surprised. After his raise in the offseason, he really crapped the bed.
He did try, Dreger said Garth was trying to ship him out for a pick or 2, Blake has no value, if he could have gotten anything for him he would have.

ledzep1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 12:23 PM
Law

Send a message via AIM to Law
If Blake is claimed (I know it's $2.5M, but it's a one year deal and he's young so I could see a team taking a flyer on him), what does that do to our salary cap floor circumvention strategy?

Law is offline   Reply With Quote