HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Comeau on Waivers **CLAIMED BY CALGARY**

Old
11-24-2011, 01:45 PM
kasper11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFan17 View Post
Further proof this organization could care less about winning. Some things never change
Waiving a player that has hurt your team in just about every game shows you don't care about winning? Curious to see the logic behind that one.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 01:53 PM
LAIslanderFan

This move was the right thing!!! Cappy isn't the 1st Islander coach to sit Comeau and let him watch from the press box. He's spent so much time up there over the years, they should have made him a season ticket holder.

I also find it interesting, that many of the same people that insist the Islanders should waive Ralston, Pandolfo and Reasoner, also complain that the Islanders are hurting their prospects by bringing them up too soon. Who would the Islanders bring up if they waived those guys?

And for those of you who thing Snow screwed up for not getting anything for Comeau, let's see if he clears waivers. That might clear that criticism up!

LAIslanderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 01:54 PM
rollin109

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFan17 View Post
Further proof this organization could care less about winning. Some things never change
The guy has 0 Points in 16 Games!!! and is -11!! He was benched on 2 separate occasions and was shopped for a ****in draft pick!!! no one wanted him. What are they supposed to do with the guy?

I agree with others that Reasoner and Rolston deserve to be waived as well but that doesnt change the fact that Comeau deserved it as well.

I just dont get how that proves this organization could care less. I for one think they finally are showing that they care. ie. Waiving comeau, benching Rolston and Reasoner, calling up Ullstrom and Haley. They are finally doing something instead of waiting for this group to magically turn it around on their own.

rollin109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 01:59 PM
nyisles

Send a message via ICQ to nyisles Send a message via AIM to nyisles
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
Waiving a player that has hurt your team in just about every game shows you don't care about winning? Curious to see the logic behind that one.
In fairness, he did say they "could care less," which implies they do care about winning

For the "Garth should have tried to get something!!!1" crowd, how do you know what he did or didn't try? Maybe the best anyone would offer was a 5th rounder, and I guarantee the Garth Sucks tears would flow 10x harder if he traded Comeau for that "return" instead of sending him down. Chances are he won't be claimed, and whenever he gets back to the big club, maybe the message will have been received.

11-24-2011, 02:06 PM
seawolves
IT'S BOSS TIME!!!

How many players are left from the Milbury Error?

2? DP and Frans.

Anyone else?

seawolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 02:16 PM
TheBoss22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAIslanderFan View Post
This move was the right thing!!! Cappy isn't the 1st Islander coach to sit Comeau and let him watch from the press box. He's spent so much time up there over the years, they should have made him a season ticket holder.

I also find it interesting, that many of the same people that insist the Islanders should waive Ralston, Pandolfo and Reasoner, also complain that the Islanders are hurting their prospects by bringing them up too soon. Who would the Islanders bring up if they waived those guys?

And for those of you who thing Snow screwed up for not getting anything for Comeau, let's see if he clears waivers. That might clear that criticism up!
How do you know they didn't? That's a classic line. I may use it someday.

TheBoss22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 02:19 PM
mygameworn

Send a message via AIM to mygameworn
Holy ****! There is no way he passes. Someone will scoop him up.

mygameworn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 02:22 PM
TheBoss22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygameworn View Post
Holy ****! There is no way he passes. Someone will scoop him up.
Can we have a poll?

from Clears to picked up by xxxx team, and list them by current rankings (worst to first).

Old
11-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
You take your logical thinking somewhere else, pal. I know a guy who knows a guy who played a guy online in NHL 12 who was able to trade him for players. So take that!

LOL Law!

11-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Top Corner

Another Garth f%^% up

I'm sure over the course of the summer, Comeau could have been moved for something of value and Garth probably got some interest but the problem is Garth doesn't recognize talent and thought he could get alot more, here we are giving him up for nothing. HE WILL GET CLAIMED

If I'm wrong, ban me from using this site

Top Corner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 02:34 PM
TheBoss22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner View Post
Another Garth f%^% up

I'm sure over the course of the summer, Comeau could have been moved for something of value and Garth probably got some interest but the problem is Garth doesn't recognize talent and thought he could get alot more, here we are giving him up for nothing. HE WILL GET CLAIMED

If I'm wrong, ban me from using this site
I think it's telling that Comeau signed at the last minute (before the arb hearing), and only signed for a 1 year deal.

He must have shopped him. But may be was asking too much. Where as now he would have taken what he could get.

Old
11-24-2011, 02:40 PM
macleod50

At those blasting Snow for waiving a player that is on a 2.5 contract, has 0 points, and is a -11 in 16 games.

Go back to playing NHL 12.

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 02:41 PM
mygameworn

Send a message via AIM to mygameworn
I wonder if the Hurricanes take a shot at him. They have enough cap space. How about the Sens? Botta seems to think he'll clear. I see too many teams who could use him to fill a hole. He's a RFA too.

mygameworn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 02:44 PM
TheBoss22

NJD just sent down a player.

Could they be making room for Combs? Nah...

Old
11-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Isles Junkie

You'd think someone would offer something for him, but I'm fine with just letting him go I suppose. He's been really lousy this year.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 03:00 PM
xECK29x

Called it, he will be in the Bridge for quite some time

xECK29x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seawolves View Post
How many players are left from the Milbury Error?

2? DP and Frans.

Anyone else?
Technically Okposo because though it was Smith who was the GM at the time of the draft, it was Milburys scouts who scouted him & made the pick.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 03:03 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

I rip on Snow all the time. He got this one right. Coma was awful. They were not getting anything for him. Would rather waive his ass to prove a point rather than trading him for a 5th or 6th round pick. See ya.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 03:18 PM
mitchy22

Fact of the matter is that Comeau has a ton of physical tools, but lacks the brain and unwavering desire to use them. Put him on a 2nd line with two experienced veterans and see what he can do. Unfortunately, we have too many complementary forwards like this and Frans Nielsen is the only top-6 player we can even pretend to call a veteran.

I'll miss Comeau on his good days, especially towards the end of last season when he was playing more without the puck and looking for openings to use his shot. I won't miss him when he holds the puck for too long, weakens under pressure, doesn't take an extra two steps when he's in a position to make a play in his own zone, or holds back instead of using his straightaway speed and upper body strength to consistently take the body.

It will be nice if he clears and goes down to Bridgeport and plays balls out. I expect him to clear, but won't be shocked if someone takes a flier on him. If he does clear, I think it's 50/50 that he handles it well.

I can't see why anyone thinks this is a bad move. If there was a trade to be made, then it would have been made. If Blake Comeau finds his way to another NHL team and becomes everything he should be, then blame the lack of top-6 veterans and/or Blake Comeau himself for not realizing what it is he has and using it (while also understanding his limitations and simplifying his game.)

Mitch

mitchy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 03:21 PM
mitchy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
Technically Okposo because though it was Smith who was the GM at the time of the draft, it was Milburys scouts who scouted him & made the pick.
Add Andrew MacDonald to the same list for the same reason.

Mitch

mitchy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 03:25 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

vCash: 1130
I have mixed feelings about this, I had Blake as my dark horse. He was poised for a break out year but it did not look like he really enjoyed being on the Islanders. I see the same with Josh Bailey, both have that look of dread I had when I walked into a job I hated. Neither show heart nor passion!

With Blake gone only DP remains as the final Milbury acquisition.

Dutch Frost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 03:57 PM
Fist of Fury
Wang Chung

Isn't there any other struggling forward/D-man we could have trade him for?! Penner, Boyes, Regin, Babchuk, Sarich... I don't know, anyone someone.

Oh well, who cares.

Fist of Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:11 PM
JKP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchy22 View Post
Add Andrew MacDonald to the same list for the same reason.

Mitch
Not to go off topic, but Amac was never scouted by the Isles, he was suggested/urged by Nolan, who had him in Moncton when they hosted the Mem Cup. So he's Nolan's, not MMs.

JKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Veteran journeyman

I'm with Hip of Rick on this one. I'm sure they waited until the perfect moment to waive that salary so if he's claimed it gets Wang comfortably to the floor again. Of course there wasn't a big market for Blake now...he's in an epic slump along with many others on this team. Wait until he inevitably goes on one of his hot streaks and maybe there's a market for him...one hit or miss player for another. But then we'd have to take back salary, and that just ain't gonna happen around here.

Veteran journeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:13 PM
number72

Sens/Ducks/Canes make most sense.
Sens need NHL talent and Ducks need to grow younger.

And I'm not sure of this from an asset management point of view.

Comeau shot's are way down this year - who was his linemates last year?

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote