HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Predators @ Dead Things: The "Mr.______" Edition: Saturday Nov. 26

Old
11-26-2011, 08:06 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

vCash: 500
Getting out shot 31-14. Lol.

This will put our shot differential at above -150 for the season.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 08:09 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
Getting out shot 31-14. Lol.
On the bright side, we.....um.....well Rinne did.....ummm....well.... It's almost over

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 08:09 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

I think Josi has been ok for his first NHL game. Too bad the team waited until it was 4-0 to show up.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 08:12 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

At least South Carolina is winning. This hockey game is painful to watch.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 08:15 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

About to be 0-3-1 in our last 4, with a matchup against kryptonite in Edmonton looming.

Gonna need to turn things around or we'll be one notch about C-Bus in the standings.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 08:17 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Nice carry in by Josi, then he just about killed Eaves

Old
11-26-2011, 08:17 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

I will say Josi has looked great with the little time he has had. Likes to shoot, great skater and a good entry on the pp.

Man I hope Eaves is ok, that was a bomb to the temple

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 08:18 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

The team came into tonight midpack in goals per game, 5on4 goals, and PP% . Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it .... and we did.

Over the past week our big guns have been silent ... our big three are making key errors ... and our kids are looking like kids. Luckily, we're on the same pace as pretty much every season since 06-07 (24pts after 21 games).

Old
11-26-2011, 08:23 PM
Dodgie

Anyone know what happened to Boullion?

Dodgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 08:29 PM
Prederator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Klein has been out there for at least 2 of these goals. Anyone know if he's been out there for all three?

Gah, we are in a fresh slump.
Klein was out there for all 3 goals against. Time to sit him in favor of anyone else.

Prederator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 08:41 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Ellis Ellis Ellis

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 08:44 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prederator View Post
Klein was out there for all 3 goals against. Time to sit him in favor of anyone else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Ellis Ellis Ellis
Weber-Suter
Blum-Josi
Ellis-Hillen/Boullion
Klein

Trade Laakso. or Klein and keep Laakso

Old
11-26-2011, 08:46 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prederator View Post
Can't single him out for the first goal as it was a total team failure and he was at least trying to get around the net at the time (unlike Spaling)... the second goal wasn't his fault .... he was also on the ice for our goal for.

Klein makes mistakes, but those are all that are ever commented on. When Suter, or especially Weber, screw up the board goes into see no evil mode.

Old
11-26-2011, 08:47 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Sorry guys, I'll never go to another Preds game. Atleast I got to watch one team play. Datsyuk is incredible live.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 08:51 PM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
Sorry guys, I'll never go to another Preds game. Atleast I got to watch one team play. Datsyuk is incredible live.

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 08:52 PM
roseyc

The line combos kept us from getting any chemistry together. Trotz wants Legwand to stay with Wilson and Hornqvist but they work together with Smith. Which renderend that line basically useless. Fisher/Erat/Smith as it started out with then reverted back Sk who is afraid of contact which renders that line useless along with Trotz juggling the lines around. Tootoo scores two goals and now he's on the pp it always happens. Their wasn't any line that continued pressure. Wilson this year is basically carrying the offense but they won't let him alone with Hornqvist and Smith The defense especially Klein had their moments but we can't generate offense to tilt the ice so to speak. When you can't create and finish then the momentum goes to the other team. We need a change and I'm not talking about bringing somebody up we need to shake the team up

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:11 PM
bgpredsfan2

Fisher, legwand, erat, and kostitsyn cannot generate any offense or even carry the puck in on a scoring chance. We cannot win any puck battles and our defensemen cannot make a decent north/south pass to spring anyone. Too much thought trying to react rather than attack. Right now in our top 6 we have too many legwands (fisher) and too many Erats (kostitsyn)

bgpredsfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:23 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

And once again I can't sleep Preds lose. I think I'm 0-10 so far.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:26 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post

Not a fun game to watch, alas.
Somebody stop me before I jinx again.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:29 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I can't believe people are really trying to single out blame on one person or line.

The team, as has been the custom for about the last two weeks, collectively did about everything you can think of wrong. We were chasing a much better, much more talented team around the ice for sixty minutes, completely at their mercy. On any given night we have to play our system to a T and get solid goaltending, or we're going to lose a lot of games. For the last little while, we've had neither and--surprise, we're not just losing, we're getting embarassed.

I'm not going to say much more, since I don't want to sound like I'm "panicking," but there's a lot to be very concerned about right now, with the lineup as it stands.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:45 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Sometimes I hate this team.

Totally outworked tonight. Detroit was flying around, skating circles around our guys who were standing still. Couldn't win any battles along the boards. Blind passes to no one. Refusal to shoot when we actually do get the puck for more than 2 seconds.

There were 2 plays that I remember than just summed up the game.
-The puck was coming to the wall near the penalty box and a Pred and a Wing were skating towards it. The Pred was ahead by about 2 strides but stopped skating and the Wing kept skating and blew by the Pred and took the puck.
-A Pred was skating down the wing in the Wings zone and Cleary just skated up from behind and took the puck off his stick and went around the net and back down the ice for a chance the other way.

Hope the Preds wake up soon!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:52 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I can't believe people are really trying to single out blame on one person or line.
I know I blame Klein, and, while he was worse than anyone, it was truly a case of suckage by committee tonight. No one person is to blame, but we just need to wake up and play like we mean it. Also, give Josi regular minutes and put Smith back in the top 6

Old
11-27-2011, 08:52 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
The line combos kept us from getting any chemistry together. Trotz wants Legwand to stay with Wilson and Hornqvist but they work together with Smith. Which renderend that line basically useless. Fisher/Erat/Smith as it started out with then reverted back Sk who is afraid of contact which renders that line useless along with Trotz juggling the lines around. Tootoo scores two goals and now he's on the pp it always happens. Their wasn't any line that continued pressure. Wilson this year is basically carrying the offense but they won't let him alone with Hornqvist and Smith The defense especially Klein had their moments but we can't generate offense to tilt the ice so to speak. When you can't create and finish then the momentum goes to the other team. We need a change and I'm not talking about bringing somebody up we need to shake the team up
they were getting stagnant when legwand came back. they hadn't done much in the 5 or so games prior and no one noticed bc the fisher line was carrying the team. fact is, all the lines suck right now.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 12:13 PM
zellthemedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
Where were you sitting?

zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 07:11 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgie View Post
Anyone know what happened to Boullion?
Groin tweak. Trotz thought he might not make it through the game, hence starting 7 defensemen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
This is a bad game to make judgements about Trotz's line juggling. Since we played 7 D, we didn't even have 4 full lines' worth of forwards...so of course stuff was going to be juggled like crazy.

I do think though, that pretty much all the lines suck right now. We need the big guys--Fisher, Leggy, Erat, SK--to get going.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote