HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Caps two first rounders.

Old
11-25-2011, 09:30 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 442 View Post
Not that I find any validity in Eklunds blog but he states Detroit (as he's done before) would / could be interested in Semin.

What would Semin + Washington's 1st / Prospects (excluding Eakin, Orlov, Kuznetsov and probably even Gailev) yield with Detroit when playing the hypothetical game?
I don't really see a good fit with Detroit, but I don't know their prospects all that well. Toronto maybe; I would be interested in Kulemin for sure.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 09:40 AM
TheBigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
I don't really see a good fit with Detroit, but I don't know their prospects all that well. Toronto maybe; I would be interested in Kulemin for sure.
Its just tough to gauge Semin and Kulemin's values right now just due to their contract scenarios and how they're both under preforming.

TheBigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 11:26 AM
phlocky

If I'm the Flyers I'd trade you Voracek + Simmonds + 2nd for the two 1sts. Voracek is 22-yrs old and @ 2.25 mil while Simmonds is 23-yrs old and @ 1.75m (4 mil total for a solid 2nd line wing and at 2nd/3rd line physical wing who will hit, work the corners and screen in front of the net) for the 2 1st rnd picks. I think that's pretty fair value for the picks.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 11:29 AM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
If I'm the Flyers I'd trade you Voracek + Simmonds + 2nd for the two 1sts. Voracek is 22-yrs old and @ 2.25 mil while Simmonds is 23-yrs old and @ 1.75m (4 mil total for a solid 2nd line wing and at 2nd/3rd line physical wing who will hit, work the corners and screen in front of the net) for the 2 1st rnd picks. I think that's pretty fair value for the picks.

Cap hit.

Carlzner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 11:33 AM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
Cap hit.

So throw in whatever cap dump you want to send back to us. 4 mil for 2 roster players shouldn't be that hard to fit in.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 11:40 AM
waitin425

Iginla

for

Semin
Col 1st

or

Kulemin

for

col 1st

or

Semin
col 1st
wash 1st

for

Parise

waitin425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 11:44 AM
dahlenrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
No way.

dahlenrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 11:48 AM
xking23
Petersson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
A) if the picks were switched it'd be
a helluva lot closer
B) without Stastny our pick is a lottery pick. That is definitely worth
Alfie+Gonchar+Kuba.
C) How bout you get off your high horse"it's just as bad on the Ottawa side if not worse" Really? A chance at a top 3 puck in one of the best drafts ever us not worth Kuba+aging Alfie+almost worthless Gonchar? Gimme a break man. Stastny>>that package. Nice try.
A) Not really no. Arguably Alfie is worth a 1st. Kuba and Gonchar are worth a first combined, or two seconds come trade deadline. Switched Ottawa would be getting jobbed.
B) I would not do Stastny for Alfie Kuba and Gonchar. That means we lose a proven 30 point scorer (So then there is just Spezza, Foligno, Michalek and Chris Neil for forwards that have passed that mark), and two Veteran Blue liners, so if we exclude Phillips, and take the other 5 defencemen they would have a combined 466 games played (Karlsson, Lee, Carkner, Cowen, Rundblad). For a team that is sitting 6 points out for 1st in the East, that is asking to drop into the lottery.
C) While it would be great to get 2 top 5 picks (which is what would happen if we traded almost all of our veterans) being a fan of the team I'd prefer not another year of watching Ottawa quit the game because we have no veteran presence leading us. And almost worthless Gonchar has more points than Stastny in two less games.

Seeing how I have stated that this trade is bad for both teams. I don't see why you are getting so defensive by me saying I think it is bad for Ottawa. So calm down take a breath and try to to think of teams other than just yours. And before you yell at me telling to do the same. I have stated Colorado is getting ripped off here, and that they would never do it.

xking23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 11:59 AM
txpd

well...now we know. the entire league wants the colorado 1st for next to nothing and will take semin as salary dump if the caps throw in a top ready for the nhl prospect.

in otherwords the caps are desperate and are ready to do something stupid.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 12:04 PM
Fallschirmyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin425 View Post
Iginla

for

Semin
Col 1st

or

Kulemin

for

col 1st

or

Semin
col 1st
wash 1st

for

Parise
0-3. None of these would interest the CAPS.

Fallschirmyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin425 View Post
Iginla

for

Semin
Col 1st

or

Kulemin

for

col 1st

or

Semin
col 1st
wash 1st

for

Parise
In what alternate universe does a struggling 2nd line power forward fetch a a potential lottery pick? Not that any of these would work, but I think you're severely underestimating the value of a ticket to the Nail Yakupov sweepstakes.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Stewie Griffin
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

vCash: 16000
IMO Washington doesn't trade Colorado's 1st unless it's for the Stanley Cup.

The other problem is Washinton's cap situation right now. They can't just trade a draft pick for a player, they have to trade a draft pick plus salary for a player. To be honest, the only salaries that pop out at me as being "dumpable" are Joel Ward (do not want) and Roman Hamrlik (don't really want but would take him).

Based on these assumptions, I don't think it happens easily. This is a good thing for the Caps - hold on to these damn draft picks - the top 30 should be decent this year.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 12:42 PM
TOGuy14

To Detroit for Mike Babcock?

TOGuy14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 01:08 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xking23 View Post
A) Not really no. Arguably Alfie is worth a 1st. Kuba and Gonchar are worth a first combined, or two seconds come trade deadline. Switched Ottawa would be getting jobbed.
B) I would not do Stastny for Alfie Kuba and Gonchar. That means we lose a proven 30 point scorer (So then there is just Spezza, Foligno, Michalek and Chris Neil for forwards that have passed that mark), and two Veteran Blue liners, so if we exclude Phillips, and take the other 5 defencemen they would have a combined 466 games played (Karlsson, Lee, Carkner, Cowen, Rundblad). For a team that is sitting 6 points out for 1st in the East, that is asking to drop into the lottery.
C) While it would be great to get 2 top 5 picks (which is what would happen if we traded almost all of our veterans) being a fan of the team I'd prefer not another year of watching Ottawa quit the game because we have no veteran presence leading us. And almost worthless Gonchar has more points than Stastny in two less games.

Seeing how I have stated that this trade is bad for both teams. I don't see why you are getting so defensive by me saying I think it is bad for Ottawa. So calm down take a breath and try to to think of teams other than just yours. And before you yell at me telling to do the same. I have stated Colorado is getting ripped off here, and that they would never do it.
I don't see Alfie going for a first, and especially not Kuba and Gonchar for a first. Alfie has a lot of mileage, and it's catching up to him. He had 31 points last year, and he hasn't reached 25 goals since 07-08. Not to mention the recent concussion; in the five games he's played since geting back, he's had one point. At 38 years old, coming off a concussion, you have to think he retires after this contract. No one will give a first to get the last year and a half of Alfie's career, when it looks like at best he's a 20-30-50 guy who plays good D and provides leadership (at 4.875M).

As for the other two, they're an even worse value. At 37, Gonchar is practically a defensive liability. He's essentially Marc-andre Bergeron at 5.5M a season, this year and next. He has very little trade value, if any. Kuba may be playing well this year, but he is still just a rental on an expensive contract. He goes for a 3rd at the deadline, a 2nd if you're lucky. Putting them together, they make 9.2M. No contender will have room for them at the deadline without having to send salary back, which will mean lower picks.

The total value of all these players might be a first, but at 14M combined in salary, no team with a need at the deadline will be able to take them all. Ottawa can't just put together all it's assets at the deadline and see if they add up to a first. They'll be spread around to different teams for mid range picks. Such is the nature of a rebuild.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 01:11 PM
GreatStateofHockey

vCash: 50
I see no reason to trade Colorado's 1st.

They could possibly pick up Murray or Dumba and shore up their back end for a long time.

GreatStateofHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 01:11 PM
GoTeamDom

Iginla for Johansson+WAS 1st

GoTeamDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 01:26 PM
xking23
Petersson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
I don't see Alfie going for a first, and especially not Kuba and Gonchar for a first. Alfie has a lot of mileage, and it's catching up to him. He had 31 points last year, and he hasn't reached 25 goals since 07-08. Not to mention the recent concussion; in the five games he's played since geting back, he's had one point. At 38 years old, coming off a concussion, you have to think he retires after this contract. No one will give a first to get the last year and a half of Alfie's career, when it looks like at best he's a 20-30-50 guy who plays good D and provides leadership (at 4.875M).

As for the other two, they're an even worse value. At 37, Gonchar is practically a defensive liability. He's essentially Marc-andre Bergeron at 5.5M a season, this year and next. He has very little trade value, if any. Kuba may be playing well this year, but he is still just a rental on an expensive contract. He goes for a 3rd at the deadline, a 2nd if you're lucky. Putting them together, they make 9.2M. No contender will have room for them at the deadline without having to send salary back, which will mean lower picks.

The total value of all these players might be a first, but at 14M combined in salary, no team with a need at the deadline will be able to take them all. Ottawa can't just put together all it's assets at the deadline and see if they add up to a first. They'll be spread around to different teams for mid range picks. Such is the nature of a rebuild.
If Alfie is wanted by a team come the deadline and he accepts the trade it will be for a first. He is a proven player, proven leader, and great in playoffs. If it's from a team with an internal cap, the fact that he only makes 1.2 mil will definitely be beneficial.

As well I don't know where Gonchar being a defensive liability is coming from. Is he a shut down player, no, but in no means is he bad in his own end. I figure he is easily worth a second, due to a good PMD with a ton of experience. Kuba as well has been playing well this year (and is a contract year so is off the books afterwards) can fetch a second come deadline day. Trade them together and it's about a late first (why any team in the playoffs would need two veteran defencemen though is another story entirely).

And I do not think any team should/could possibly take all three, because if they needed a top 6 forward and 2 top 4 defencemen, they really aren't going to be competing too well for the playoffs, especially if they can afford having 14 million in cap sent their way.

Like I've said those trades could not be made, and I gave actually ideas (in my first post) for actual players that have a higher chance of being traded. But as I was pointing out to Avs44, These players are not horrible and they hold a significant value and are not completely worthless (like he said about Gonchar, who'd be 2nd on Colorado for points....). No offence to anyone but I would not want to see Alfie, Kuba, Gonchar traded for a top 3 pick (call me crazy) because it would mean playing the most inexperienced blue line and then due to lack of leadership on Ottawa they would spriral downwards (hey maybe we'd get 2 top 3 picks) and it would be horrible hockey to watch, and as some teams have shown (Florida, Columbus, Atlanta) having higher draft picks does not mean success.

xking23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 01:48 PM
HTFN

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTeamDom View Post
Iginla for Johansson+WAS 1st
Wouldn't do it for Johansson alone.

HTFN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 03:51 PM
vezna*
Canada's Team

right now, that avs pick is a lottery pick. they could completely drop off like last season

who knows, you might win the lottery *again*

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 04:01 PM
um

hejduk (1 year left, 3 mil cap)

for

was 1st + perrault + bos 2nd

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 04:03 PM
dahlenrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post

for

Seems like a bit too much for him, and didn't they just make him captain?

Old
11-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Avs44

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post

for

Don't wanna move Hedjuk. Without him are top 6 is ****** not to mention we just named him Captain. He's the heart of the Avs. Outa curiosity though, what'd it take to bring our 1st back?

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 05:38 PM
dahlenrules

Quote:
Don't wanna move Hedjuk. Without him are top 6 is ****** not to mention we just named him Captain. He's the heart of the Avs. Outa curiosity though, what'd it take to bring our 1st back?
Varlamov. But really, I would want a hard hitting dman and a skilled/big top 6 guy

Old
11-25-2011, 05:51 PM
um

Quote:
he'll be gone for 2 months or hopefully 4 months and then he can come right back, it would be dumb to pass up a first round pick for him if you are clearly out of contention

Old
11-25-2011, 05:51 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlenrules View Post
Varlamov. But really, I would want a hard hitting dman and a skilled/big top 6 guy
it would take duchene