HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Your favourite source?

Old
11-25-2011, 07:09 AM
BrixtonBullet
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Dreger and McKenzie

That's about it

BrixtonBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 08:25 AM
Budsfan

Here's a good source...

http://twitter.com/#!/kevin_mcgran/hockeyinsiders-3

Budsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 09:02 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

hockey break has called most of the last moves first right after they happen. Who ever uses the account constantly tweets back and forth with other "credible" sources. The credible sources also tweet hockey break back. This person has a press pass because they go to all of the leafs games. I would consider them to be credible just not HF.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 09:06 AM
vezna*
Canada's Team

don't have one

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 12:10 PM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
hockey break has called most of the last moves first right after they happen. Who ever uses the account constantly tweets back and forth with other "credible" sources. The credible sources also tweet hockey break back. This person has a press pass because they go to all of the leafs games. I would consider them to be credible just not HF.
I follow HB (on a seperate account, blocked on my main because I've written a few articles in the past on false insiders), just to see if this holds true. And it doesn't - I've never seen him break a trade first to date.

He may tweet back to "credible" people, but they tend to not get into convorsations. Hell, I'm pretty sure I've been replied to more by the people he tries to talk with than them, and for all intents and purposes I'm nowhere close to being media, I'm a doofus with a blog.

Unless he said it once, I don't see anything that would say he's at all Leafs games. Even if he was, that doesn't mean he has a press pass - it could just mean he's a season ticket holder.

HB's success is by using logical speculation and having it echoed by a gullible follower base, which gets bigger due to the echos. Simple as. I give him full credit for it, but honestly, in terms of being in the know, he's not there.

"Mophead in the middle is the mad scientist of the group. He sits quietly, wide eyed with a smile on his face until someone unleashes him, and then he explodes into an explanation Fury like a coked out physicist explaining the Theory of Relativity to a grade 8 class."
Follow me on Twitter
Jeffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 12:12 PM
vezna*
Canada's Team

HB isn't good. he's just really fast with the trigger following someone else's "break"

Old
11-25-2011, 12:16 PM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezna View Post
HB isn't good. he's just really fast with the trigger following someone else's "break"
Exactly.

My guess - he has all the real insiders on tweets-to-SMS and it allows him to be up in seconds.

I bet you if I started an account right now, and did just that while mixing in some close-enough speculation, I could have the attention of twitter within a month.

Old
11-25-2011, 12:17 PM
BrownBeaut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffler View Post
I follow HB (on a seperate account, blocked on my main because I've written a few articles in the past on false insiders), just to see if this holds true. And it doesn't - I've never seen him break a trade first to date.

He may tweet back to "credible" people, but they tend to not get into convorsations. Hell, I'm pretty sure I've been replied to more by the people he tries to talk with than them, and for all intents and purposes I'm nowhere close to being media, I'm a doofus with a blog.

Unless he said it once, I don't see anything that would say he's at all Leafs games. Even if he was, that doesn't mean he has a press pass - it could just mean he's a season ticket holder.

HB's success is by using logical speculation and having it echoed by a gullible follower base, which gets bigger due to the echos. Simple as. I give him full credit for it, but honestly, in terms of being in the know, he's not there.
I'm pretty sure HB said he doesn't block anyone unless he is being harassed by them...

He's followed by Dreger/Kyper/Eklund etc... so I think he has at least some credibility.

I put him above Eklund, but below the top guys. I believe his rumours, but he tweeted me back once saying that not all the rumours are close trades (like what dreger would report) it's just talks that he hears about.

EDIT: *************** on the other hand, or inaccuratebob like I say is pathetic. I follow him for the entertainment he provides when he attacks people. I love when he says I CALLED THIS when he says 1000 rumours a day. What a joke.

#IBNGoonSquad is now "attacking" HB/Eklund what a joke.

BrownBeaut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 12:18 PM
Beleafer4

Mckenzie, and lebrun for me. Dreger is pretty reliable too if he actually concretely says something. Problem is, most of the time he is just speculating.

Eklund and hockey break are just so annoying. They are not even as good at guessing trades as some of us are.

Beleafer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 12:25 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffler View Post

Spot on there Jeffler, spot on!

DirtyDion03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 12:26 PM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBeaut View Post
I'm pretty sure HB said he doesn't block anyone unless he is being harassed by them...

He's followed by Dreger/Kyper/Eklund etc... so I think he has at least some credibility.

I put him above Eklund, but below the top guys. I believe his rumours, but he tweeted me back once saying that not all the rumours are close trades (like what dreger would report) it's just talks that he hears about.

EDIT: *************** on the other hand, or inaccuratebob like I say is pathetic. I follow him for the entertainment he provides when he attacks people. I love when he says I CALLED THIS when he says 1000 rumours a day. What a joke.

#IBNGoonSquad is now "attacking" HB/Eklund what a joke.
Last time I checked I was blocked, and I never mention HB by name. Then again, I'm blocked by a lot of people for stupid reasons (Like, everyone who's ever blocked me on twitter hasn't actually spoken TO me )

A follow doesn't necessarily mean support of crediblity. Sometimes you just want to keep tabs.

And putting him above Eklund is harsh. Oddly enough, your description of HB is closer to Ek than anything - HB throws in speculation that has literally never come true, and echos to sound correct. Eklund at least tends to legitimately break stories every so often (particularly near rush periods like the Draft, Deadline, July 1st etc).

IB isn't even worth my words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleafer4 View Post
Mckenzie, and lebrun for me. Dreger is pretty reliable too if he actually concretely says something. Problem is, most of the time he is just speculating.

Eklund and hockey break are just so annoying. They are not even as good at guessing trades as some of us are.
Same thing as I said above - Eklund actually tends to hit trades every so often - he's a report-everything type. I have no doubt that he's connected, considering he'll report a handful of moves first every year. The issue is that he reports EVERY SINGLE THING HE HEARS, in hopes that he can be way ahead on an ultra blockbuster or whatever.

Old
11-25-2011, 12:41 PM
CanadasTeam
HFBoards Sponsor

I follow no one in particular because as soon as someone learns about the "scoop" the news just travels like a wild fire anyway

CanadasTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 12:47 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

Just going to post a few things that HB broke before anyone else. Not all just trades and signings, he seems to be a good outlet for information.

called kessel signing with ccm before anyone else
"Look for Toronto Maple Leafs F Phil Kessel (@PKessel81) to start wearing Easton gloves, pants and helmets along with his Easton stick."

Called brian burke joining twitter a day early
"I've been told Brian Burke has joined twitter, I am looking to get confirmation on this."

Leafs recall F Joe Colborne. Marlies coach @dallaseakins discussed the decision with Leafs coach, @coachrw63.

Almost every leaf call up he has called first. A few minor trades he called AKA letestu deal.

Anyway i disagree, he tweets from the press box at every leaf game. Dreger, kipreos, and bobby mac tweet him directly.

Out of the semi credible sources or the borderline ones hes by far the best.

Incarcerated bob is an absolute joke

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 12:51 PM
BrownBeaut*

Quote:
Just going to post a few things that HB broke before anyone else. Not all just trades and signings, he seems to be a good outlet for information.

"Look for Toronto Maple Leafs F Phil Kessel (@PKessel81) to start wearing Easton gloves, pants and helmets along with his Easton stick."

"I've been told Brian Burke has joined twitter, I am looking to get confirmation on this."

Leafs recall F Joe Colborne. Marlies coach @dallaseakins discussed the decision with Leafs coach, @coachrw63.

Almost every leaf call up he has called first. A few minor trades he called AKA letestu deal.

Anyway i disagree, he tweets from the press box at every leaf game. Dreger, kipreos, and bobby mac tweet him directly.

If this is all you can come up with, you've only been following him for like a month.

Mike Fisher trade, Jeff Carter trade, Mike Richards trade he called all of them, the Carter one he said before anyone had even tweeted the rumour and not only did he say it, he said to CLB!!

Old
11-25-2011, 01:09 PM
vezna*
Canada's Team

Quote:

just because that's where you saw it first doesn't mean he broke the news

for example, that burke twitter thing was going around the internet/radio before he tweeted it.

Quote:
If this is all you can come up with, you've only been following him for like a month.

Mike Fisher trade, Jeff Carter trade, Mike Richards trade he called all of them, the Carter one he said before anyone had even tweeted the rumour and not only did he say it, he said to CLB!!
as much as it pains me to say it, eklund actually broke those rumours. not ***********

Old
11-25-2011, 01:13 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
In today's day, is it really possible to say who broke the rumour? Every website could be updated at random times, random tweets, anything. Stop arguing about this stuff. If you don't agree his credible, don't read him. If you agree he's credible, read it. Not a big deal.

DirtyDion03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 01:32 PM
BrownBeaut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezna View Post
just because that's where you saw it first doesn't mean he broke the news

for example, that burke twitter thing was going around the internet/radio before he tweeted it.

as much as it pains me to say it, eklund actually broke those rumours. not ***********
5th of june bud, when did Ek say it?

http://goo.gl/KVJe0

(Had to shorten the URL because anything saying hockey break is blocked)

Old
11-25-2011, 01:40 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:

I'm personally not too interested in rumours, as most of what is put out is done purposefully by the GM or agent. But as for who breaks things 1st, I can show you a whole bunch of things Dalllas Dave broke to, but we know how that came about.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 01:41 PM
LeafsDiary

I scrolled over the thread so I'm not sure if he was mentioned, but Terry Koshon follows the team and provides solid updates. He's also very engaging with others on twitter.

LeafsDiary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 02:10 PM
Beleafer4

What I never understood is why guys like eklund, ***********, ib, dallas daves keep themselves in secret? Being insiders, they could potentially be respected members of the hockey community and potentially get a job in that field. So why turn that down, its not like you are the hero of the hockey society: break out big trades while being masked. IMO, they dont put their real names on the line because they are frauds and will get exposed and disrespected if they do. Its not that hard to read hundreds of articles every day and fabricate rumours off their speculation..

Imo, I dont trust anyone who doesnt put their name on the line. So no, I dont give about the dallas daves, eklunds, hockeybreaks, incarcerated bobs, and treenasOILs of this world.

And btw I know dallasdave is a fraud, but I put him in as part of that group to make my point clear.

Beleafer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 02:20 PM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

Quote:

The first two were mentioned during Leafs games before he tweeted them, thats how slow he was.

And Colborne came out of the Marlies circle well before any NHL insider caught wind.

Quote:
5th of june bud, when did Ek say it?

http://goo.gl/KVJe0

(Had to shorten the URL because anything saying hockey break is blocked)
Eklund was the first to break it as 100% done when it happened. As for the rumour itself, here's TFP on June 1st, and I remember it being around in late may as well.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/cbj110601.html

Old
11-25-2011, 02:22 PM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleafer4 View Post
What I never understood is why guys like eklund, ***********, ib, dallas daves keep themselves in secret? Being insiders, they could potentially be respected members of the hockey community and potentially get a job in that field. So why turn that down, its not like you are the hero of the hockey society: break out big trades while being masked. IMO, they dont put their real names on the line because they are frauds and will get exposed and disrespected if they do. Its not that hard to read hundreds of articles every day and fabricate rumours off their speculation..

Imo, I dont trust anyone who doesnt put their name on the line. So no, I dont give about the dallas daves, eklunds, hockeybreaks, incarcerated bobs, and treenasOILs of this world.

And btw I know dallasdave is a fraud, but I put him in as part of that group to make my point clear.
Eklund actually had a reason for his at the start - he was leaking information about the lockout negotiations (which is mad sensitive information), and that could've ended in disaster if he used his real name. He should've gone with his full name after all of that, but I guess he felt he had a brand

Old
11-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Tak7

I pay little attention to any of these guys now. The only ones that I really follow are the guys that are established in the media already- LeBrun, Mac, Dreger. Other than that what the hell is the point of the otherguys? They are either fake, wrong, or both.

There used to be a time when hearing about trade rumors was fun and exciting, but twitter, with all of their amateur experts, have completely ruined that. Now, real rumors get lost in the hogwash of bull.. It's ridiculous

Tak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 04:48 PM
leafsfuture

For Leafs fans:
James Mirtle -- http://twitter.com/#!/mirtle
Jonas Siegal -- http://twitter.com/#!/jonasTSN1050
Paul Henny -- http://twitter.com/#!/HennyTweets

All 3 follow the Leafs around, have practice lines, gameday lines, whose starting, roster moves etc.
Obviously Bob McKenzie, Dreger, Kipper are staples around Canada too

leafsfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 04:52 PM
hullsy47

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfuture View Post
For Leafs fans:
James Mirtle -- http://twitter.com/#!/mirtle
Jonas Siegal -- http://twitter.com/#!/jonasTSN1050
Paul Henny -- http://twitter.com/#!/HennyTweets

All 3 follow the Leafs around, have practice lines, gameday lines, whose starting, roster moves etc.
Obviously Bob McKenzie, Dreger, Kipper are staples around Canada too
incarcerated bob

hullsy47 is offline   Reply With Quote