HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

2011-2012 Flyers Prospects and Phantoms Discussion Thread Part II

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Renegade Stylings
Tame Impala

vCash: 3333
Ranford named WHL player of the week. 8 points in 3 Kamloops Blazers wins.

Old
02-13-2012, 04:01 PM
Amateur Hour

vCash: 500
Um, draft this kid.

I've never seen anything like that. Wow.

Old
02-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Um, draft this kid.

I've never seen anything like that. Wow.
I would draft him for the hair alone, but that was a pretty slick move.

Old
02-13-2012, 04:14 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Never seen hair like that either.

Old
02-13-2012, 04:31 PM
Jumping

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
"That's a Man babee!"

Old
02-13-2012, 04:41 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I would draft him for the hair alone, but that was a pretty slick move.
Oh, that's what I was talking about. You thought I was talking about the goal?

But seriously, his hair alone warrants a 7th round selection.

Old
02-13-2012, 05:13 PM
SolidSnakeUS

That is some wicked hands he has.

Old
02-13-2012, 06:11 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
No joke. I had longer hair than that back in the early 70's. No hippie here. I was a rocker

Cousins with four points the other night.

Last edited by Hockeypete49: 02-13-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old
02-18-2012, 11:40 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 844
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Ranford and Cousins are both playing very well right now. Ranford has 8 goals and 7 assists in the last 9 games, and is now 11th in the league in scoring. Cousins is even hotter with 4 goals and 6 assists in his last 4 games, good for 7th in the league in scoring. He has already surpassed his point total of 68 last year in 15 fewer games(he has 71 now).

Old
02-18-2012, 12:54 PM
jd2210
Registered Non User

I was actually just looking at their stats this morning and feeling like their ppg had increased. I guess that was correct.

I have a better feeling about Cousins then Ranford but I'm no scout and have seen very little of either. It just seems to me that Cousins has a few more tools than Ranford. Ranford just seems to strike me like a junior success only kind of guy. If even one of them pans out I'll be happy. I'll be even happier if they both do.

I had the good fortune to see the last Winterhawks game and overall was pleased with Noebels. He seems to play a fairly defense first game and chipped in a point. I think he could be an effective bottom 6 guy next year in the AHL. The Blues pick on that team (Ty Rattie) is amazing. He seemed like a man among boys out there. I think they have a winner with him.

Last edited by jd2210: 02-18-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old
02-18-2012, 02:51 PM
mirimon

Well, at least the Phantoms beat Manchester 5-1 in their latest game. Matt Ford had two goals, Holmstrom and Scrabbles two assists each. Brandon Manning had a Gordie Howe hat trick. Bacashihua with 31 saves. Harper and Roe with the other goals.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:24 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
I was actually just looking at their stats this morning and feeling like their ppg had increased. I guess that was correct.

I have a better feeling about Cousins then Ranford but I'm no scout and have seen very little of either. It just seems to me that Cousins has a few more tools than Ranford. Ranford just seems to strike me like a junior success only kind of guy. If even one of them pans out I'll be happy. I'll be even happier if they both do.

I had the good fortune to see the last Winterhawks game and overall was pleased with Noebels. He seems to play a fairly defense first game and chipped in a point. I think he could be an effective bottom 6 guy next year in the AHL. The Blues pick on that team (Ty Rattie) is amazing. He seemed like a man among boys out there. I think they have a winner with him.
See that Noebels is getting to play with Rattie and Bartschi and making some good use of it. He actually played his old team Seattle which Portland won 11-2. Noebels had 2 goals and an assist. I have some high hopes for Noebels. If Im not mistaken his play is like Hartnell, in regards to physical in your face but has offense in his game. He seems to play that role on the Noebels-Rattie-Barschi line (which is similar to our Hartnell-Giroux-Jagr in regards to roles). Rattie has some rediculas playmaking skills.

Also Ranford and Cousins point streaks have ended.

Old
02-19-2012, 01:26 AM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

vCash: 50
going to the Phantoms/Manchester game tomorrow.
Monarchs are sucking about as much as their NHL affiliate is. that said I am hoping for a line brawl.

Old
02-19-2012, 02:24 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Also Ranford and Cousins point streaks have ended.
Trade them...

Old
02-19-2012, 04:39 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Phantoms lost lat night but won today. Akeson had 4 assists giving him 41 points in 52 games, leading his team in points. Not bad for a rookie.

Old
02-20-2012, 07:36 AM
BergyMeister
Overpaid Grinder

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
going to the Phantoms/Manchester game tomorrow.
Monarchs are sucking about as much as their NHL affiliate is. that said I am hoping for a line brawl.
LOL No line brawl but some pretty good fights.

Old
02-21-2012, 02:53 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

So in other small insignificant news, the Phantoms signed Rob Bordson to an AHL contract. He played for the Phantoms last season. He was who we got back in the Maroon trade. The few games I saw him play in, I kind of did like how he played. Has 51 points in the ECHL this season.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:52 PM
JeffForsberg21

The AHL Transaction list has Tyler Hostetter released from his PTO ???

Someone have explanations ? Hostetter is under contract with the Flyers, so how can he had a PTO with the Phantoms ?

Thanks

Old
02-24-2012, 02:57 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffForsberg21 View Post
The AHL Transaction list has Tyler Hostetter released from his PTO ???

Someone have explanations ? Hostetter is under contract with the Flyers, so how can he had a PTO with the Phantoms ?

Thanks
Maybe they just saw him being sent to the ECHL and got it wrong, or maybe they mistook him and Andy Thomas who's been released from his contract with the Phantoms I think.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:30 PM
Amateur Hour

Not sure if any of you guys follow NCAA hockey or pay attention to prospects possibly being targeted by the Flyers, but if so, Nebraska-Omaha's Michael Young is a player to watch. He took part in the Flyers rookie camp over the summer, so he's obviously on their radar, and now plays on UNO's top defensive pairing with Andrej Sustr (the 6'8" monster). I was able to watch Young for the first time this past Friday against Colorado College. While he was a -3 on the night (playing against the likes of Jaden and Rylan Schwartz), I liked a lot of what I saw from him. Smooth skater with powerful strides, and he uses that ability to jump into the play. Liked his hockey sense and knack for knowing when to pinch and when to retreat (he actually made a really nice play early in the game by picking off a clearing attempt at the blue line, dropping the puck off to a teammate, and then making a beeline for the net -- he got the pass back and put a good shot on for UNO's first scoring chance but was stopped by the CC goalie). It was also Young's wrist shot from the point on the PP that was deflected in front for UNO's first goal. While it doesn't seem like throwing his weight around is one of the staples of his game, he isn't afraid to get physical and take the body. Plays a solid two-way game, exhibits poise/appears to be a calming influence on the ice, makes a good first pass, and can skate the puck up the ice. He was really buzzing at times and seemed to be everywhere. UNO lost to CC 4-3 in this game (on a bogus disallowed goal call with 2 min left) but beat CC the next night 5-3 -- Young was a +2 and picked up the assist on the GWG. If you have NBC Sports Network (nee Versus), you can watch him play on March 2 at 7:30 pm when UNO takes on Denver.

One other thing: Young played his junior hockey for the Flin Flon Bombers, same as a certain Robert Earle Clarke.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=111966

http://www.wcha.com/men/statistics/players12.php?unom08

Edit: I'll add that CC's Alexander Krushelnyski (LW) was probably the player who stood out to me most while watching the game. He scored the game's first goal on a breakaway, off a beautiful stretch pass from Gabe Guentzel (D), another NHL prospect.

Last edited by Amateur Hour: 02-24-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old
02-25-2012, 07:34 AM
54fightin

Good report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Not sure if any of you guys follow NCAA hockey or pay attention to prospects possibly being targeted by the Flyers, but if so, Nebraska-Omaha's Michael Young is a player to watch. He took part in the Flyers rookie camp over the summer, so he's obviously on their radar, and now plays on UNO's top defensive pairing with Andrej Sustr (the 6'8" monster). I was able to watch Young for the first time this past Friday against Colorado College. While he was a -3 on the night (playing against the likes of Jaden and Rylan Schwartz), I liked a lot of what I saw from him. Smooth skater with powerful strides, and he uses that ability to jump into the play. Liked his hockey sense and knack for knowing when to pinch and when to retreat (he actually made a really nice play early in the game by picking off a clearing attempt at the blue line, dropping the puck off to a teammate, and then making a beeline for the net -- he got the pass back and put a good shot on for UNO's first scoring chance but was stopped by the CC goalie). It was also Young's wrist shot from the point on the PP that was deflected in front for UNO's first goal. While it doesn't seem like throwing his weight around is one of the staples of his game, he isn't afraid to get physical and take the body. Plays a solid two-way game, exhibits poise/appears to be a calming influence on the ice, makes a good first pass, and can skate the puck up the ice. He was really buzzing at times and seemed to be everywhere. UNO lost to CC 4-3 in this game (on a bogus disallowed goal call with 2 min left) but beat CC the next night 5-3 -- Young was a +2 and picked up the assist on the GWG. If you have NBC Sports Network (nee Versus), you can watch him play on March 2 at 7:30 pm when UNO takes on Denver.

One other thing: Young played his junior hockey for the Flin Flon Bombers, same as a certain Robert Earle Clarke.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=111966

http://www.wcha.com/men/statistics/players12.php?unom08

Edit: I'll add that CC's Alexander Krushelnyski (LW) was probably the player who stood out to me most while watching the game. He scored the game's first goal on a breakaway, off a beautiful stretch pass from Gabe Guentzel (D), another NHL prospect.
Thanks for the report.

Old
02-25-2012, 07:53 AM
mirimon

The Phantoms followed in the big club's foot steps and lost 0-2 in their last game, playing against Rochester. Leighton was in net and saved 31 shots. Bourdon missed the game due to illness. They have now lost 11 of the last 12 games on the road and are 7 points out of a playoff spot (there are four teams ahead of them as well).

Old
02-25-2012, 12:55 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

If anyone remembers Michael Houser from the prospect camp is having a great season. Broke the Knights record for wins for a goalie. He has 41 wins, 12 loses. 2.59 GAA with a .921 sv%.

Old
02-25-2012, 03:01 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
So in other small insignificant news, the Phantoms signed Rob Bordson to an AHL contract. He played for the Phantoms last season. He was who we got back in the Maroon trade. The few games I saw him play in, I kind of did like how he played. Has 51 points in the ECHL this season.
He was part of the Mike Richards deal also I believe.

Old
02-25-2012, 03:02 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
If anyone remembers Michael Houser from the prospect camp is having a great season. Broke the Knights record for wins for a goalie. He has 41 wins, 12 loses. 2.59 GAA with a .921 sv%.
Is Testwuide hurt?

Closed Thread